CAG Gran Turismo 5 [CAG Race Night - Now Sundays at 6PM PST!]

You guys up for some racing tonight? I was thinking of the following races;

• Tsubasa Circuit, 4 laps - Suzuki's
  • Special Stage Route 5, 3 laps - BMW Z4 '03 450PP
  • Daytona (Oval), 10 laps - NASCAR (or Veyron's) Boost on HIGH
  • High Speed Ring, 4 laps - 635PP
Any takers?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nfs3freak']Ill join in for an hour or so if there are enough ppl[/QUOTE]
I'll be on. I ran into a couple of higher leveled people last night, one was a L71 guy who ran around with PE4. I really need to put more work into the insurgents side but the Spec Ops I've gotten put into more lately.

[quote name='SynGamer']You guys up for some racing tonight? I was thinking of the following races;

• Tsubasa Circuit, 4 laps - Suzuki's
  • Special Stage Route 5, 3 laps - BMW Z3 450PP
  • Daytona (Oval), 10 laps - NASCAR (or Veyron's) Boost on HIGH
  • High Speed Ring, 4 laps - 635PP
Any takers?[/QUOTE]
NASCAR can be interesting. It's very easy to screw people over unintentionally so if we do it I apologize right now#-o

Any specific suzuki?
Is the BMW a recommended car (I don't know if I have one)
There is a NASCAR in the recommended list for people who don't have one

I'll give it a shot, but doubt my connection (cellular) will be good enough to race. If it sucks in the warmups, I'll drop out.

[quote name='Mad39er']I'll be on. I ran into a couple of higher leveled people last night, one was a L71 guy who ran around with PE4. I really need to put more work into the insurgents side but the Spec Ops I've gotten put into more lately.[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread Mad? :( We miss you...

[quote name='bearhawk72']NASCAR can be interesting. It's very easy to screw people over unintentionally so if we do it I apologize right now#-o

Any specific suzuki?
Is the BMW a recommended car (I don't know if I have one)
There is a NASCAR in the recommended list for people who don't have one[/QUOTE]

Both the Suzuki and the NASCAR will be recommended, though NASCAR can be used from your personal collection as well :) I'll have the room up around 8:45 PM EST.

[quote name='SynGamer']Wrong thread Mad? :( We miss you...[/QUOTE]
LOL, I just saw d-truk posting and didn't realize it was this thread. I haven't been in a driving mood in a while, too much grinding with Socom to keep me hooked.

Had a blast tonight guys. Great to have a full room again (6 racers tonight!). Think up some track/car combinations for next week. I wouldn't mind seeing that Zonda in action on a wet track...

Good Racing

For whoever said they can't understand how I got 57.7xx here is what I used:

GT by Citroen Race Car
PP635
643 HP
1200kg
Aero: 49 Front/70 back
Mid Range Turbo
Transmission: 211 mph

Everything else I haven't touched

First turn full throttle around the bottom

Second turn as 2 options:
1) If clear brake early, down into 6th, turn hard full throttle
2) If traffic brake early, down into 5th, go mid/low on the corner full throttle

Turn 3 I'm usually in 6th gear, brake into 4th and hold the throttle about halfway in 4th gear until apex of each turn the throttle up and repeat

No braking until final turn when I go down 1 gear, then full throttle until the end

I usually come out of the last turn about 148mph.

You guys can outrun me on the straights but when it gets to the turning sections I close the gap in a hurry

[quote name='GTmaster39']Had a great time as always :) I think I enjoyed the rally racing the most.[/QUOTE]

I think Mad made a really wide snow track that I'd love to get ahold of. It was perfect for 3 and 4-wide racing. That meant less snow in our view and more passing :) This week perhaps?

[quote name='SynGamer']I think Mad made a really wide snow track that I'd love to get ahold of. It was perfect for 3 and 4-wide racing. That meant less snow in our view and more passing :) This week perhaps?[/QUOTE]
I'll upload it to my favorites if it isn't there already. If not, I'll provide the settings I used for it. I just found out that in two weeks I worked 120+ hours, like 46 or so two weeks ago, 76 last week and it's supposed to get to 90+ Wednesday/Thursday. At this rate I'm much better off giving you the track info.

I made a snow track a while ago and have it shared if anyone wants to give it a look

It's wide all the way around, but a little long and the turns aren't too complex.

I hope for those big money/xp seasonals again. I need some cash and I don't want to grind races I've already done for it

I also want, but do not expect, a tuning shop option while in a lobby online. The way it is now is stupid to back all the way out to go buy parts for a car.

I hope this update turns some standards into premiums, but I think thats asking for a lot. I didn't even know an update was in the works in the first place.

Kaz posted on Twitter yesterday about the update. As for my wishlist:

*Ability to buy parts/tires in the online lobby...this is seriously needed. I'm really tired of having to leave the room just to buy a set of tires. I'd also REALLY like an option to swap cars with friends online. It's temporary and only lasts while online. Instead of buying a car and putting all of the tuning into it, I just want to put a few laps into it to see if it's worthwhile.

That went fairly quick only took about 6min.

......and it looks like GT5 is undergoing maintenance after the update lol.

We get to change the outfit of the driver now. We get 8 of them. Can be applied on both a-spec and b-spec drivers.

New song added: Day To Live/ diaki kasho

[quote name='bearhawk72']NEw helmets and suits, and the seasonals have prizes attached to them[/QUOTE]

I just completed the Super Car Festival seasonal event and I didn't get a prize other then the regular credits I usually get.

EDIT: I take that back I didn't do ALL the races. I'm a goof.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GTmaster39']I just completed the Super Car Festival seasonal event and I didn't get a prize other then the regular credits I usually get.

EDIT: I take that back I didn't do ALL the races. I'm a goof.[/QUOTE]
Supercars is not the new Seasonal

The new ones are Expert Race

Here are the full details of the update:

Racing Gear Items

* New racing gear items consisting of helmets and suits have been implemented. These can be used by players in A-Spec, or for any of the "My Drivers" in B-Spec.
* There are plenty of variations to the racing gear items and, in addition to several sets being given out as presents when you start GT Mode, players will be able to win new ones when successful in online events. Players can also take a photo of their drivers wearing their favourite gear, and use that custom photo for a driver profile.
* For more details, please refer to "Racing Gear" under Top Menu - [Manual] - [GT Mode].

Special Online Event Campaign

* For a limited time, all event prizes will be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector's Dealership will be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price.

Prizes for online events

* GT5 will now offer online events in which players can win Racing Gear items and cars as prizes, according to performance. The content of the prizes and the conditions for winning them will vary per event.
* Details of the various events are found in [GT Life] - [Online Events].

Parts purchases through the Settings screen

* In the Settings screen, parts that players have not yet purchased will now have a shopping cart icon appearing next to them. These can now be purchase on the spot. Purchased parts will immediately be equipped on their car.
* For details, refer to Top Menu - [Manual] - [GT Life] - [Settings]

Improved Opponent AI Algorithm

* The search range of opponent AI has been expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.

Interrupting and resuming Championship races

* In the championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec modes within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quick menu which appears after completing individual races.
* If the interrupt button is pressed, the event will be interrupted and a player’s record up to that point will be saved, and the game will end. The next time the player starts the game, they can continue the championship race from where they left off.

Additional music track

* After playback of the ending movie (*short version), "Day To Live/daiki kasho" will be added as a bonus music track.

Other Changes

* Check the physical endurance of drivers that are resting in the B-Spec endurance races.
* Sort the garage by [Last Car Driven]
* In [Weight Adjustment] of [Settings], players can now see changes in the front to rear weight balance when the ballast position is changed.
* The A-Spec driver is now displayed in the profile screen.
* In the pit menu of B-Spec, the time limit for being able to direct pit work has been changed from reaching "0" in the count down, to "Until the car comes to a complete stop".
* The sorting order of the music album has been improved.
* When selecting a track created in Course Maker from the course album of Arcade Mode or GT Mode, players can now run single races with up to 16 cars. (Excluding some tracks such as those made before the update, and dirt tracks.)
* It is now possible to take 3D photographs even without connecting a 3D compatible TV.
* It is now possible to export 3D photographs to [Photo] on the XMB™.

Correction of Known Issues

* PDI has addressed the issue of the maximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differing from the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with the relevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for which each gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission in update versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.
* An issue with the increase and decrease of the online logon bonus has been corrected.
* An issue where the player's car and opponents’ cars braked at the wrong timings in the pit lane during B-Spec has been corrected.
* A problem where racing sound effects were turned off after changing settings in the quick menu has been corrected.
* An issue of how dirty the oil is when players purchase a used car not being affected by the car's mileage has been corrected.
* An issue where some of the driver gear colours had changed after the 1.06 update has been corrected.
* An issue in the championships of GT Life where opponent cars kept using the same tyres in the second race and onwards has been corrected.
* An issue where the menu BGM was being played back during remote racing rather than the race BGM has been corrected.
* An issue of the program freezing when opening a garage containing nearly the maximum number of cars has been corrected.

I'm grinding out some tripled prizes.

Anyone have any premium car suggestions? Perhaps a car that you love but maybe not the biggest baddest most expensive?

I keep finishing 2nd in the Subaru race. I cut the cork-screw as well as the second to last corner (through the grass) and still finish 4-5 seconds back...

I don't have any tracks in mind, but I'm sure we can come up with a few recommended's and some cars we've raced in the past. I'll have the room up at 8:45 PM EST.

[quote name='bearhawk72']Well now it's easier to customize cars on the fly since you can buy upgrade parts from the tuning menu[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. So we can throw up a PP and people can tweak until they get something with their cars without constantly backing out of the room. This game keeps getting better and better. We need more tracks though.

[quote name='jmbreci']I missed it, but I blame Mad. Then again, I blame him for everything after he wiped me out on Laguna the first time I raced. :)[/QUOTE]
We should video conference one of these days. That way I can get the pictures blown up, pose next to them and show off my "Epic Fail" bracelets.

Summer isn't even here yet and I'm exhausted, no energy to even log on the PS3.

Okay, I'll be gone this weekend, but I want to get back into fold of racing again. Anyone down for a thursday night race?

[quote name='bearhawk72']I'll probably be watching the Stanley Cup finals hoping the Canucks and headcase Luongo fold again like they did in game 6.[/QUOTE]

That will be tomorrow night (Wednesday) ;)

bread's done
Back