CAG Gran Turismo 5 [CAG Race Night - Now Sundays at 6PM PST!]

Would anyone be interested in Honda S2000's, 500PP, on Autumn Ring?

EDIT: Actually, for $17,500, would everyone be willing to buy the Toyota Altezza Touring Car in the online dealership? Run them stock/as-is after purchase?
EDIT2: There's also an S2000 LM Race Car in the Online Dealership for $62,500 that is 501 PP, would be perfect for my suggested S2000 race...

[quote name='bearhawk72']I got the extra helmet you can give away as a prize if you guys want[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking of getting together a prize pack of GT items (and a car) to be given away in a few weeks on one of our race nights. It'll be a bit more serious racing with preset races and points will be tallied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I make a suggestion for a slower car race, something where we can bump into each other but not really screw over someone else. Something like a Mini race.

[quote name='MisterBee']Can I make a suggestion for a slower car race, something where we can bump into each other but not really screw over someone else. Something like a Mini race.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. The recommended Suzuki (yellow things) were fun on Tsu...something.

[quote name='SynGamer']Would anyone be interested in Honda S2000's, 500PP, on Autumn Ring?

EDIT: Actually, for $17,500, would everyone be willing to buy the Toyota Altezza Touring Car in the online dealership? Run them stock/as-is after purchase?
EDIT2: There's also an S2000 LM Race Car in the Online Dealership for $62,500 that is 501 PP, would be perfect for my suggested S2000 race...

I'm thinking of getting together a prize pack of GT items (and a car) to be given away in a few weeks on one of our race nights. It'll be a bit more serious racing with preset races and points will be tallied.[/QUOTE]
Ok, if I get any more duplicate stuff I'll throw it into the mix whenever it goes down.

Sorry I didn't join you guys last night, I crashed early. When I woke up I totally felt bad for not showing up.

Here is what my view looked like most of the snow race

White-Square-380x422.jpg

[quote name='SynGamer']Some pictures from one of last nights' races :)[/QUOTE]

Most of those are of Syn humping my WRX in the snow.

BTW... The trick to being able to see well on snow... Stay out front. :)

I had fun last night, even though I'm still trying to get over a bad cold.

I played some of the seasonal races this afternoon, and noticed that I actually saved that "D" snow track that everyone was talking about last night(I completely forgot that I saved it). I shared it just in case anyone wants to race on it in the future.

I dont remember getting some of these cars being quite so difficult. Do I really have to scan through the random 20 used cars each day in hopes of finding what I want?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I dont remember getting some of these cars being quite so difficult. Do I really have to scan through the random 20 used cars each day in hopes of finding what I want?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes. Sometimes winning the events in A-spec will give you a car you can use later down the line.

Some cars you can just buy new in the New Car Dealership, even if they are several years old.

The used car dealership gets a few new cars everytime you enter and event, and I think will fully refresh every 6(?) events you enter.

If you really can't find a car you need add me as a friend, tell me what you need, and I'll share it so you can use it without having to buy one.

Its not really that I need the cars, Im just a big fan of certain older cars such as the MKI MR2, MKII MR2, Plymouth Prowler, Galant VR4 and Datsun 240-280Zs. It just seemed much easier to find the 80s and 90s cars in previous GTs.

Although, it would be awesome if you could share any of the classic muscle cars. I won a Superbird in the the NASCAR challenge and used it to win the classic muscle challenge in A-Spec, but I can't seem to select it anymore for use in B-Spec.

I have the superbird, painted it as close to Petty Blue as I could get

Any specific muscle cars? I don't remember what I have, I'll go look

I have:
Camaro 228 '69
Mustang Mach 1 '71
Corvette Convertible (c3) '69
Challenger R/T '70
Cobra 427 '66
Corvette Coupe (c2) '63
Shelby GT350R '65
Camaro SS '69
GT40 Racecar '69
Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69
Charger 440 R/T '70
Chevelle 454 SS '70
Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71
Cougar XR-7 '67
Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
Corvette Convertible (c1) '54
Tempest Le Mans GTO '64
Superbird '70
Buick Special '62
Mustang Trans-Cammer '70

I don't know what I've tuned on some of them. Tell me the 4 you want. I have the F1 car shared if you want to do the seasonals with them for some cash and EXP and the Toyota 7 for the Historic Cup.

Sorry, nevermind but thanks anyways. I won the 69 Camaro, so I am back in business. Is it possible to sell or trade cars to each other?

I keep seeing some cars pop up in races, but I cant seem to find where to buy them.

Is there any trick to doing the expert seasonals? I have only managed bronze on the Fiat one, but theres a lot of XP and cash to be had there.

Also, how exactly do remote races work? I tried to run one with your drivers but it just froze. Is there any advantage to running those?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Sorry, nevermind but thanks anyways. I won the 69 Camaro, so I am back in business. Is it possible to sell or trade cars to each other?

I keep seeing some cars pop up in races, but I cant seem to find where to buy them.

Is there any trick to doing the expert seasonals? I have only managed bronze on the Fiat one, but theres a lot of XP and cash to be had there.

Also, how exactly do remote races work? I tried to run one with your drivers but it just froze. Is there any advantage to running those?[/QUOTE]
Cars you see in races most likely are used cars and will randomly show up in the used car dealership. Nothing you can do but wait and hope.

they can also be done through the GT5 website but you need to leave your PS3 on and GT5 running.

The expert seasonals are rough. There really is no trick but to tune the car correctly and drive the track really well. I got gold on the Fiat one after a bunch of tries and only silver on the other 2.

Remote races are like b-spec, except you have no control. Start up a race and the drivers will drive it. Running remote races will gain you exp for the b-spec drivers in the race and your overall b-spec level. Also you get to keep the money the drivers win.

So theres no way to buy or trade cars with other players? I raced a Spyker yesterday and I didn't even realize they were in the game. I will keep an eye out anyways. I ahvent really been visiting the dealerships as I am waiting to get the 10M before spending anything.

BTW, is there going to be a race night tomorrow?

I guess the official GT5 topic I dead but I needed to post this. After numerous hours of trying and a 4 month break from the game (my son was born in Feb), I finally got gold in Grand Tour event at Eiger with the Alpha. I ended up with a 1:16:763. That was by far the hardest event so far.

[quote name='hpbbes']I guess the official GT5 topic I dead but I needed to post this. After numerous hours of trying and a 4 month break from the game (my son was born in Feb), I finally got gold in Grand Tour event at Eiger with the Alpha. I ended up with a 1:16:763. That was by far the hardest event so far.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Now test yourself against the true drivers of GT5 by joining our race tonight.

I'll Host tonight's race if Syn can't make it. Expect the usual speed boost lap and a random kart track as well.

List so far:
-Kart with random track
-D track by Mad39er, so anything with snow tires. 500PP.
-Nürburgring GP/F BMW vs MBZ vs Audi. Vote to win with your car of choice. 575PP on Racing Softs. (No race modified versions, ie. M3 GT Race Car '01)
-Speed Boost Race 655pp on SSR7

I got a job...M-F, 9-5, so I'm not sure how late I'll be on for races these days. I appreciate you hosting the room tonight, will definitely help out.

My vote: BMW.

I don't own anything German yet, aside from a new Mini, so I guess technically my vote is for BMW. If I can find an old Evo before this evening, then my vote will be for MBZ.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I don't own anything German yet, aside from a new Mini, so I guess technically my vote is for BMW. If I can find an old Evo before this evening, then my vote will be for MBZ.[/QUOTE]

You can always use a car from the recommended list. The SLS is on there. If you need the cash, Like the Wind gives out 70k for 1st place.

[quote name='j-cart']Congrats! Now test yourself against the true drivers of GT5 by joining our race tonight.
[/QUOTE]

I'd love to race with you guys, but by 9pm EST on Sunday (or any other "school night"), I'm about 45 minutes from bed.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']So theres no way to buy or trade cars with other players? I raced a Spyker yesterday and I didn't even realize they were in the game. I will keep an eye out anyways. I ahvent really been visiting the dealerships as I am waiting to get the 10M before spending anything.

BTW, is there going to be a race night tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
You can share any car in the game with online friends, they just can't buy upgrades for it though they can alter an settings on it.

You can gift cars to friends but they must cost less that 1,000,000cr and you can only gift one per day.

You can also gift helmets, firesuits, and paint chips.

Pickings were a little slim and I heard I was a little jumpy on SSR7, but otherwise a good night as usual. Syn, thanks for setting it up and not blowing it off due to lack of racers... A race with only 4 peeps is better than none, IMO. :) Once I get settled back in with a real internet connection, I can help out with trying for bigger races and maybe a monthly prize race.

I knew my Viper didn't have the raw top speed for the 700PP event but I bought it specifically for the 655pp and damn it, I was gonna use it:twisted:. Plus with boost high as long as you have a car relatively close to the top speed of the others you'll hang around everyone

I'm hoping that the coming weeks will be a bit better. I'll be sending out PM's again this weekend now that my new job is becoming semi-normal schedule-wise. And again, you guys are more than welcome (actually it's encouraged) to suggest race/car combos. I think 1 kart race (random custom track each week?) and our now staple 650-700HP, 3 laps at SS14 are shoe-in's for each week, but 2-3 races in between would be nice to change it up each week.

And while I thoroughly enjoyed that night we had 9 racers, I also enjoy racing the 3-4 regulars just as much :)

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG

I just got to the X2010 Challenge! I dont think Ive smiled like that since the first time I drove a real car.[/QUOTE]
I got bronze on every event and won the X2010 and haven't touched the challenges ever again

[quote name='bearhawk72']I got bronze on every event and won the X2010 and haven't touched the challenges ever again[/QUOTE]

I was able to get within 1 second of silver at Monza, but thats because I love Monza. Im still about 4 seconds off the Bronze at Suzuka and I havent even made it all the way around Nurburgring. I really hate Nurburgring.

Did you make it with a DS3 or a wheel?

Moaning on the internet seems to suggest its near impossible with the DS3. I bought a wheel for GT5 but I havent been using it. On my other games like Ferrari Challenge, V8 Superstars and etc. my wheel times are always slower than my DS3 times. Im thinking I might just wait till level 35 when I can buy one.

Im curious if Vettel is actually driving the ghost.

[quote name='bearhawk72']DS3

I had to change the steering sensitivity to 4 and use the roof view.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, roof view helped a lot. I will have to try increasing sensitivity though, with how twitchy it is, I would have thought the opposite.

Have you managed to gold the NASCAR and Top Gear challenges yet?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Yeah, roof view helped a lot. I will have to try increasing sensitivity though, with how twitchy it is, I would have thought the opposite.

Have you managed to gold the NASCAR and Top Gear challenges yet?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Gold on all of them. They changed the NASCAR rules a while ago, it used to be easier(you used to be able to turn ASM and ABS off which helped a lot)

NASCAR was easier than the Top Gear challenges. I had to watch youtube videos to figure out how to win the Top Gear challenges though.

The NASCAR ones probably are easier with a wheel, it's all about being smooth through the turns and not bouncing up and down.

Are you all averse to doing some slower races? TBH, despite having owned every GT up to now, I never really make it far because I always get hung up on just buying and racing my favorite cars.

I would love to do an old versus new and maybe run the old bugs, minis and 500s against the newer ones. If you all are competitive, we can always run the field half and half and do more of a team thing. Also pitting some of the older decades against the newer ones would be kind of cool.

I wouldn't mind some mini's and bugs. Do you have a track and PP in mind? We can so some testing tomorrow night perhaps, see what a good PP would be. I will admit, I don't like slow, tight tracks in slow cars...though something like Tsubaca or Autumn Ring? Or maybe this would be a good time to create a custom track...

Also for Nascar, if you're struggling at Daytona

1) Don't get out front until the final lap. The AI will eliminate you at will if you are out in front

[quote name='bearhawk72']Also for Nascar, if you're struggling at Daytona

1) Don't get out front until the final lap. The AI will eliminate you at will if you are out in front[/QUOTE]

Actually, I got a gold at Daytona. Its Indy I have trouble with because I find the lack of banking makes it more difficult.

@Syn - Ill try to create some tracks tonight. My Bs are running the 1000km right now, so my game is out of commission for the next couple hours. I didnt have a PP in mind, since I havent really figured the system out. Im missing the new Bug, but Ill look at my other machines and see how they balance. I think youre right a technical course with a short straight or two might make for some good racing. If you want to try some stuff, just name a time and I should be around.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Actually, I got a gold at Daytona. Its Indy I have trouble with because I find the lack of banking makes it more difficult.

@Syn - Ill try to create some tracks tonight. My Bs are running the 1000km right now, so my game is out of commission for the next couple hours. I didnt have a PP in mind, since I havent really figured the system out. Im missing the new Bug, but Ill look at my other machines and see how they balance. I think youre right a technical course with a short straight or two might make for some good racing. If you want to try some stuff, just name a time and I should be around.[/QUOTE]
For Indy I think I won by braking hard and late and diving inside during turns, drafting when necessary on the long straights

[quote name='SynGamer']We can so some testing tomorrow night perhaps, see what a good PP would be.[/QUOTE]

Syn, a couple of the city tracks sounds like what you're looking for. Let me know if you're up for testing tonight... my "borrowed" connection seems to be holding out pretty well today, I can help out. Since I have almost every car, I can pretty much test out anything. :)

I ran Autumn Ring Reverse last night with the new Fiat versus the old Fiat. I think its going to be tough to run them against each other. I was running around 1:44 in the new Fiat, unmodified, but I couldnt beat that with the old Fiat even after I modded it up to 400 some PP. It might be a setting issue with the old Fiat though, because by stats alone it should be faster.

@Smthng - I dont have access to the new Beetle, if you have one of those to run against the old Beetle that would be really helpful.

bread's done
Back