CAG Hero of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Shrike, since with all the nominations he's getting, it shows how good he is at being a mod by editing people's posts without it being known to include his name instead of the more deserving CAG's name :p

Shrike, you're ego will never be too high here at CAG ;)

[quote name='Redeema']Stink Pickle because he went completely out of his way to get back an iPod and other things from that jerk oOswishahouse when he went to his place.[/QUOTE]

that was awesome. he totally nailed that crapwipe oOswishahouse. Going to his house and everything was just classic. not many would have done what stink_pickle did. very cool indeed

[quote name='LinkinPrime']TheSuccessfulDropout (TSD) for posting the ads. Thanks!
Also Fidodo for posting the Fry's ads[/QUOTE]

What about the other people who post ads now because of TSD's little outburst?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']What about the other people who post ads now because of TSD's little outburst?[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't necessarily call it an outburst...you make it sound like i was in the wrong by the way you said that: "TSD's little outburst"...i believe that the majority of the people on here feel that i was right with what i did (though maybe not too fond of the language that i used)...as for everyone who didn't feel i was right for what i did, they're they reason i stopped posting the ads, so why should i care?

anyways, thanks for the nominations everyone...i was surprised...maybe if i was still posting the ads, i'd win this damn thing #-o

well if i win, maybe i'll start posting 'em again ;)

as for Hero of the Year, i'll vote for Trakan...or maybe he should be the Unsung Hero of the Year...which is kinda why I vote for him for Hero of the Year...the guy does a lot and still stays under the radar of being extra appreciated

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i wouldn't necessarily call it an outburst...you make it sound like i was in the wrong by the way you said that: "TSD's little outburst"...i believe that the majority of the people on here feel that i was right with what i did (though maybe not too fond of the language that i used)...as for everyone who didn't feel i was right for what i did, they're they reason i stopped posting the ads, so why should i care?

anyways, thanks for the nominations everyone...i was surprised...maybe if i was still posting the ads, i'd win this damn thing #-o

well if i win, maybe i'll start posting 'em again ;)

as for Hero of the Year, i'll vote for Trakan...or maybe he should be the Unsung Hero of the Year...which is kinda why I vote for him for Hero of the Year...the guy does a lot and still stays under the radar of being extra appreciated[/QUOTE]

No, if I had said hissy-fit or bitch-fest then it would be me implying that I thought you were wrong. I thought it was a little too cocky of you to stop posting ads because one person was a dick but calling it an outburst is mild compared to the possible alternatives.

Think about it, if everytime someone stopped posting deals because someone had a slightly negative retort, deals around here would dry up quick. How many times have you seen, "crap deals" or something similar as someone's reply to a thread with a deal? I've seen it a few times myself and the OP doesn't throw a fit about it.

Not to mention the fact that it wasn't the first time you used your posting of the ads as a reason for us to raise you up on a platform. You expect us to treat you like the second coming of christ for spending some time typing up the ads. Sure its a great thing of you to do but it doesn't mean you have free-reign to make everyone bend over and kiss your ass. This is exemplified by you saying in this post that you'll start posting the ads again if you're voted as Hero of the Year.

Don't bother posting the ads anymore, there's plenty of other people who have stepped up to post ads. Sure its irregular as to the times its posted but toward the end yours weren't on time very much either and if someone questioned it you'd have another one of your fits.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You expect us to treat you like the second coming of christ for spending some time typing up the ads.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. I don't think he expects that. I do, however, think that he expects people to not bitch in every weekly thread that he makes. I definitely put him in higher regards for posting the ads every week for as long as he did. He took the time to type up the ads, get them to us early, and have all of the stores available in one thread.

You're right, they do get typed up now, but it's usually two or three threads instead of everything consolidated into one thread. It's more work when you're doing every store instead of just one or two.

You've got to expect that he has a life outside of CAG, and didn't always have time to post the ads as soon as he got them. This led to people making whining/bitching threads asking where this week's ads were. This, combined with people being dicks in the threads each week shows to me, at least, why he got fed up.

I don't blame him.

I didn't realize that my reply to you would result in this, but whatever...I guess this thread has to turn into this.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, if I had said hissy-fit or bitch-fest then it would be me implying that I thought you were wrong. I thought it was a little too cocky of you to stop posting ads because one person was a dick but calling it an outburst is mild compared to the possible alternatives.[/quote]
I wasn't being cocky by not posting the ads because of one person. People deal with things in different ways and i dealt with the situation the way i saw fit. I've had enough of dealing with assholes who act like it's my job to post the ads and i better have 'em up by a certain time and a certain way. While i realize that the majority of the users on here are very appreciative, one apple can spoil the whole bunch...but it wasn't just one and i had enough of it. You'd have to go throughout every thread on here that i've been in or been mentioned in to sort out just how many people resulted in my decision to stop posting the ads. On top of that, go throughout all of my PMs. Sevdustflyer just topped it off when he bitched about how i did the ads and basically said that all i do and all i should do is post ads. Like that's what i'm here for. It seems like every week that i posted the ads, i had at least one different person bitching about something. I can't see what there is to bitch about when i'm doing the community a big favor. If to say and know that I'm doing the community a big favor is being cocky, then so be it..but i just don't see it. You're taking it the wrong way. Tone is hard to tell through the internet.
[quote name='RedvsBlue']Think about it, if everytime someone stopped posting deals because someone had a slightly negative retort, deals around here would dry up quick. How many times have you seen, "crap deals" or something similar as someone's reply to a thread with a deal? I've seen it a few times myself and the OP doesn't throw a fit about it.[/quote]
I have a feeling that you'd be shocked to find out just how many people do avoid posting deals in fear of being made fun of, yelled at, embarrassed &/or angered. That said, i have seen the OP (of deal threads) do what you'd apparantly call "throw a fit" about negative retort. And without "throwing a fit", I've also had people say that some of the deals I've posted are crap. Some people win some, some people lose some...but at least some people try to help out others.
[quote name='RedvsBlue']Not to mention the fact that it wasn't the first time you used your posting of the ads as a reason for us to raise you up on a platform. You expect us to treat you like the second coming of christ for spending some time typing up the ads. Sure its a great thing of you to do but it doesn't mean you have free-reign to make everyone bend over and kiss your ass. This is exemplified by you saying in this post that you'll start posting the ads again if you're voted as Hero of the Year.[/quote]
I have never ever used my posting of the ads as a way for people to raise me up on a platform. I don't expect anything from anybody. Okay, I'm lying. I do expect a little respect when users post in an ad thread that I created to help everyone out. I enjoy helping others out, but there is a lot involved in it. I receive nothing for typing up the ads or contributing to the community. Not that I'd want anything or would take anything. It's always been my way of giving back. That said, disrespect (in the ads thread) is the last thing that I'd expect from people that I'm helping out. It's been spelled out before, but apparantly you need a refresher. It takes upwards of two hours to type up all of the vg/dvd ads. That's with my ability to type well over 100 wpm. Some times it takes longer and some times not so long, depending on the size of the ads and how many ads are available. Those two hours a week come from somewhere, somewhere that happens to be my sleep time. Messing with my sleep time usually results in me being in trouble with my girlfriend. :bomb: On top of all of that, these stores don't exactly appreciate their ads being posted a week or so in advance. They'd prefer the current week be focused on and the futures ads not even known to be in existance. If they knew how they were being leaked, they'd try their best to put a stop to it. If they wanted them out themselves, they'd have 'em regularly ready and available. Stores have threatened lawsuits before in the past to other sites for posting ads early, though I'm not too sure anything ever came of it...yet. Not that I do anything illegal to obtain the ads early. They're not in an ad vault somewhere that I break into to steal them. But I'm sure that the stores would put an end to any leaks that they knew about. That doesn't just go for me, it goes for anybody. A lot of people put their asses/jobs/etc on the line to get early ads, let alone post 'em on the internet for the whole world to see. If all I ask for is a little bit of respect in my ad threads after going through all of that, then do I not deserve it? Scratch that, I really don't even care about having respect so much. I really just don't want/need to be disrespected when I'm contributing to the community with deals. It's always funny that the one's who are disrespectful are the same ones who have never posted a deal on here in their entire life.

I've never labelled myself outside (or the inside) of the ad threads as the big-dicked poster who posts ads and everyone should bow down to me because I post them. You have a problem with differentiating me from someone who contributes by posting ads and someone who gets on here for fun and associates with many different people about many different things. I'm not just one or the other, I'm both. I can have an opinion and a personality beside just some drone who posts ads once a week. Believe it or not, a lot of people on here like me for my personality and sense of humor. If you feel that I get away with certain things because I post the ads or feel that I walk around with a swagger because I feel that everyone should suck my cock for posting the ads, then you need to do some research. I've been around here a long time and I'm known for being blunt and for treating others the way that they treat me.

As for you taking any seriousness out of me saying I'll start posting the ads again if I win this award, that just exemplifies that you can't read into sarcasm or tone through the internet or my posts (again, a problem of yours). Besides, Shrike seems to have this thread on lock (much like every other thread :lol: ).
[quote name='RedvsBlue']Don't bother posting the ads anymore, there's plenty of other people who have stepped up to post ads. Sure its irregular as to the times its posted but toward the end yours weren't on time very much either and if someone questioned it you'd have another one of your fits.[/QUOTE]
This quote right here really makes me want to start posting the ads again.

Other people have stepped up and that's good. I don't really bother going into their ads threads much because I for the most part know what's in the ads already, but I do appreciate what they do for everyone on here. Irregular or not, they're giving back more than most CAGs do. By the way, what exactly is "on time" when it comes to ad postings? You obviously have no idea how these ads are obtained.

In regards to me "having another one of my fits" if I was questioned about the irregular times the ads were posted, it would depend. I'd probably "have a fit" if someone were to say, "yo, what the fuck, why you have theez ads posted on Monday one week and then Thursday the next? Isn't it your job to have theez on time? I want them on monday every week by 4 am , bitch." But if someone were to ask, "Why do you sometimes have the ads posted as early as Monday one week but as late as Wednesday/Thursday the next?", I'd reply politely. Much like I said earlier, I treat people the way they treat me. So until you know the facts or understand what's going on, you should really just keep your two cents in your pocket. If you think that it doesn't piss me off that I have to put up with assholes discouraging me from taking the time and precautions to post the ads, then you're wrong. If you think that it doesn't piss me off that I can't share with the grateful ones and block the ungratefuls out, then you're wrong again.

All in all and in the end, it sounds like you're just a little too bitter from my discontinuing of the ad postings. You should probably redirect that anger to where it belongs. Either way, apology accepted.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']What about the other people who post ads now because of TSD's little outburst?[/QUOTE]

The awards are for 2005. TSD was very helpful by posting the BB, CC, Target and MISC ads for most of 2005. Thanks again TSD

I looked forward to TSDs ads every week, they were the one post I would always read without fail. I also enjoyed his attempts to liven up the posts with humor, and am very happy he's back posting the ads (Welcome back TSD)! If he didn't abandon me (I take everything personally) at the end of 2005 he would definitely get my vote.
Anyway, I'm tempted to vote for Wombat because I love the CAGcasts. However, he frequently annoys me on the CAGcasts as well. And Shrike already has a ton of votes. I will vote for Cheapy's wife, for taking him to Japan and allowing him to continue working on this awesome site.

TheSuccessfulDropout - for posting the ads.

How about a Zero of the Year? Like anyone who bitches at stupid stuff, like they did at TSD and still do at the other ad posters.

stink_pickle - no question.

He went WAY out of his way to help out, he took CAG to the streets. I'd probably still be dealing with the police if it weren't for him.

I agree with the "novel" post. I know the feeling that TSD is going through as I've contributed quite often on CAG with CC markdowns, deals, and whatnot yet even I can't advoid getting an asshole like sevendust to make comments like the ones he made. In fact I even quit posting the CC markdowns for a bit BECAUSE of the comments he made towards TSD in that infamous thread. I have every right to add my own wit to the markdowns and if people like him don't like it then DEAL WITH IT. I'm not changing my style to please you.

Thanks for making a comeback TSD. Even I realized that I can't let a few assholes ruin it for everyone else so from this point forward I'll continue to post my CC info for all of CAG to enjoy - even if a few don't like my added humor to em. :D

[quote name='eshbums']stink_pickle - no question.

He went WAY out of his way to help out, he took CAG to the streets. I'd probably still be dealing with the police if it weren't for him.[/QUOTE]

Stink_Pickle's a good guy. What exactly are you talking about, though? I've only heard bits and pieces of the story. Does anyone have a link to the thread?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You expect us to treat you like the second coming of christ for spending some time typing up the ads. [/QUOTE]

Brilliant.

[quote name='shrike4242']Thread in question:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75616[/QUOTE]

You posted that just when I finally found the thread through some heavy searching. :lol: Thanks, Shrike.

Anyway... I can no longer go back to being "Sheriff Awesome." I'm not worthy of that title. Mr. Stink_Pickle is.

S_P, you went beyond the call of duty those times, my friend. We should make you a custom sheriff's badge or a superhero outfit with a big Heartagram on it. You've done CAG proud.

I'm changing my vote for The Narrator's Apprentice. I just read one of his posts where he referred to people being members of the PHUCKME and ANALINSERT clubs.

To paraphrase Isac Hayes Theme of "Shaft"

Who's the CAG private dick
that's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(Shrike!)
You're damn right
Who is the man
that would risk his neck for his gamer man?
(Shrike!)
Can ya dig it?
Who's the cat that won't cop out
when there's danger all about
(Shrike!)
Right on
You see this cat Shrike is a bad mother--
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talkin' about Shrike:
(Then we can dig it)
He's a complicated man
but no one understands him but his errr dpad
(Shrike four two four two)

What about Fido Dido? That man has the most organized and informative Fry's posts and it's not easy to keep those things straight, considering every city has a different ad and a new ad every day! That takes dedication!

Shrike for upstanding citizen of the year, but benboxer for CAG dealer of the year! Damn you ben and your irresistable sales! Amex loves you!

shrike gets my vote, he's constantly posting on this board and helping people out. Plus he's the enemy of all hoarders that posts and brag on this board when they steal deals away from true CAG's. Benboxer is second for me since he posted that awesome list of TRU clearance games a few days before christmas.

[quote name='Felder71']What about Fido Dido? That man has the most organized and informative Fry's posts and it's not easy to keep those things straight, considering every city has a different ad and a new ad every day! That takes dedication![/QUOTE]
FIDODO!!!

for reals!

I think the mods do a great job--shrike does go above and beyond the call--but since I don't trade or aftermarket on CAG, my hero is benboxer for breaking what ended up being the sale of the year for me.

Benboxer for the TRU $9.98 sale... it didn't work out so well for me at first but I lucked out and was able to pick up quite a few games due to people returning them.

even though what he did didn't have an effect on everyone at CAG, Stink_Pickle went above and beyond to help get extremely valuable items back in the hands of his fellow CAG's. people posting deals is a wonderful thing, but having someone stick up for fellow members of their community when they didn't have to do anything at all is extremely admirable.

While they're all good choices, and I'd like to vote TSD aka Trust... I just gotta go with chickenhawk for all his donations during the holidays

i vote for shrike hr really hooked it up with gaming deals this year... he was really up to date with all of the info....truely a CAG Hero!!!!!!

plus he is the sole reason i am broke....Shrike i love but i hate you
J/K keep it up.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back