CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='jdioutkast']so on a side note, I just saw the first major glitch in this game....

a buddy of mine was playing and somehow some1 on the other team invited him to his squad and was his squad leader. So he could respawn behind the other team in there base for the entire round and just destroy them in the back it was hilarious.[/quote]

Love it.

Ya you could hear the guy yelling where the fuck is that guy coming from, he keep getting me in the back

it was great :)

edit: here is the replay

Link

he is VTDelt player number 1 and he keeps spawning on number 26, for some reason it shows him team killing the entire helgast team but he definitly was on ISA while he was playing lol.

Not sure how you're going to reorganize the clans. I don't even think it's necessary to balance the clans since we're not going to have a lot of clan matches to begin with. It's obviously up to you since you'll have to do the organizing.

Iunno, if someone wants to make a real active clan then someone has to step it up. If not, everyone here is pretty much playing casually. Hardcore clan is more like, slightly more casual than the casual clan, clan. =p

[quote name='shinryuu'] Hardcore clan is more like, slightly more casual than the casual clan, clan. =p[/quote]

Really? Huh. I known I've fallen for this game far more then I expected. I actually kinda care about my standings in the clan.

[quote name='zenprime']Really? Huh. I known I've fallen for this game far more then I expected. I actually kinda care about my standings in the clan.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I've been sort of that way.

I already explained to one via PM how I'll handle it. Most likely, everyone who is in the current hardcore clan will stay (except those who have not accepted invites). I would toss some mid level people from Casual 1 into the hardcore clan. After that, the open slots in the Casual 1 clan will mostly be the higher ranked people of Casual 2, and that clan will be ended (and we'll stick to two clans). I got a plan drawn up.

All right, some in the west coast might be mad at me over this, but I'm going to setup a Casual 1 vs. Casual 2 match for Wednesday @ 9:15pm EST. I will probably just make it 6 on 6, or 8 on 8. I'm just doing this to get Casual 2 started for now.

Next Game Information

Date: 3/25
Time: 9:15pm EST (Show up at 9pm EST)
Host: Clan Battle
Game name: CAG Casual 1 Clan vs.CAG Casual 2 Clan
Players Needed: 8 on each clan

Date: 3/26
Time: 9pm EST / 6pm PST / 1am GMT
Host: ManaKnight
Game name: CAG Night (Open to CAG Community)
Password: shaqfu

Date: 3/28
Time: 3pm EST / 12pm PST /7pm GMT
Host: tenchi33

Time: 9pm EST (Show up at 8:45pm EST)
Host: Clan Battle
Game name: CAG Casual 1 Clan vs. Sarcastic Gamer
Players Needed: 16

Time: 9pm EST / 6pm PST / 1am GMT
Host:

I'm hoping to do massive CAG Clan changes on Thursday, March 26th, before the CAG night. Hopefully I can bring us down to two clans. If people seriously want out of the CAG clans (because you rather never play the game again, trading/selling your copy, etc.), PLEASE let me know (my PM box might get full at times, but I'll clean it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, I forgot to edit my post to say Casual 1 instead of Hardcore. Currently, hardcore has no clan battle. I have tried to find a battle, but haven't been successful yet (you all MIGHT be able to play SG next week).

Unless you were in my clan, you wouldn't be able to play on 3/28. :p

Mana: you can pencil in 3/28 3PM EST: cag game. There's been a decent turnout during the last few weeks so I'll keep hosting it.

hmm wondering why the hardcore doesnt have the most clan matches. wasnt that supposed to be how it was? hardcore=most dedicated, most games? (nothing against you tmk, just curious)

[quote name='zenprime']Really? Huh. I known I've fallen for this game far more then I expected. I actually kinda care about my standings in the clan.[/quote]
Not sure why you quoted my post. All I'm saying is the Hardcore clan is not at a completely different level than the Casual clans that you would need to balance the clans. =p

[quote name='joshr915']hmm wondering why the hardcore doesnt have the most clan matches. wasnt that supposed to be how it was? hardcore=most dedicated, most games? (nothing against you tmk, just curious)[/QUOTE]It really honestly depends upon the situation. Some forums we can have multiple games against, some forums it doesn't work that way. Since I DO lead the Casual 1 clan and I'm doing most of the talking, that leads to Casual 1 getting the clan matches first normally (since I'm normally working directly). Sometimes I can convince someone to play our hardcore clan, sometimes it doesn't work.

That's why I'm saying, it's not going to make a difference which clan you are in for the most part.
[quote name='shinryuu']Not sure why you quoted my post. All I'm saying is the Hardcore clan is not at a completely different level than the Casual clans that you would need to balance the clans. =p[/QUOTE]My only way of balancing out was adding more high skilled players to Casual 1 (from Casual 2), then adding several mid people to Hardcore. That IMO would be a good balance. Going to two main clans makes it easier on us.

[quote name='joshr915']hmm wondering why the hardcore doesnt have the most clan matches. wasnt that supposed to be how it was? hardcore=most dedicated, most games? (nothing against you tmk, just curious)[/quote]
The way I understood it, Hardcore was just those with mics that communicated or something.:lol:
Or maybe those that don't like TMK.;):lol:

Looking over all the clan rankings and what not, it seems that most of the clans are near the top when they play a whole bunch of tournaments.

I'm not sure what that exactly entails (time commitment, number of matches, etc) but I think that would definitely help reduce the complexity of schedule events with other specific clans.

I'll do some checking it out later tonight when I get some time.

*Edit: It seems that a lot of people participate in 2v2, 3v3, 4,v4, and 5v5 tournaments based on the Killzone.com forum posts. I'm guessing we're trying for something bigger.

What is the point of valor? Is it just for ranking? Or can it be used to buy stuff or like for a Home clubhouse or something? If it's just for ranking with no future plans than I really don't care one way or another if we do tourny or anything, though it would be fun.

[quote name='Thongsy']What is the point of valor? Is it just for ranking? Or can it be used to buy stuff or like for a Home clubhouse or something? If it's just for ranking with no future plans than I really don't care one way or another if we do tourny or anything, though it would be fun.[/QUOTE]
It's just a way to rank clans and make it more interesting than simple "wins" and "losses".

[quote name='Ecofreak']Looking over all the clan rankings and what not, it seems that most of the clans are near the top when they play a whole bunch of tournaments.

I'm not sure what that exactly entails (time commitment, number of matches, etc) but I think that would definitely help reduce the complexity of schedule events with other specific clans.

I'll do some checking it out later tonight when I get some time.

*Edit: It seems that a lot of people participate in 2v2, 3v3, 4,v4, and 5v5 tournaments based on the Killzone.com forum posts. I'm guessing we're trying for something bigger.[/quote]

I'm all for having a hardcore clan night, whether it be entering in tournaments, challenging other clans or just playing against ourselves.
Pick a regular night or 2 a week and lets do it. I thought that was the point of being in the 'hardcore' clan.

Eh, it may not be worth the trouble because I'm dropping the names hardcore and casual soon, no doubt. Mostly it has to do with clan size balance. I just plan to do some re-organization, then let the leader of the clan do as they wish (schedule their own clan battles, play against who they want to, etc.).

[quote name='barneygumble']I'm all for having a hardcore clan night, whether it be entering in tournaments, challenging other clans or just playing against ourselves.
Pick a regular night or 2 a week and lets do it. I thought that was the point of being in the 'hardcore' clan.[/QUOTE]

Looks like some people in the Hardcore clan got the taste of victory, and craves more! Bwa'ha'ha'ha!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Eh, it may not be worth the trouble because I'm dropping the names hardcore and casual soon, no doubt. Mostly it has to do with clan size balance. I just plan to do some re-organization, then let the leader of the clan do as they wish (schedule their own clan battles, play against who they want to, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Given everyone's desire to play clan matches, I agree that it may be the best option.

In the meantime, Mana, can the "Hardcore" clan begin challenging other clans since no one is moving out of this clan? It may take some of the pressure off you to get this reorganization done quickly by appeasing this group a wee bit.

I can make any of the Casual 1 Matches. Lucky for me I don't have a long commute. I'm a bit hesitant to throw my hat in for the 8v8 on the 25th since I've played in other matches already. So I guess I should be on some sort of Standby list.

Oh how much Valor are we betting against Sarcastic Gamer?

Started playing last week and will gladly join up with which ever clan needs me after all the re-shuffling or whatever. I'll probably be playing a lot.

PSN-ID: Sillybones
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Hardcore
Time Zone: EST
Availability: week nights/ weekend

[quote name='Ecofreak']Looks like some people in the Hardcore clan got the taste of victory, and craves more! Bwa'ha'ha'ha!

Given everyone's desire to play clan matches, I agree that it may be the best option.

In the meantime, Mana, can the "Hardcore" clan begin challenging other clans since no one is moving out of this clan? It may take some of the pressure off you to get this reorganization done quickly by appeasing this group a wee bit.[/QUOTE]You all can pursue one for Saturday, I don't really care. I will have people added to the clan though (while some get removed from other clans).

I can show up for Casual 1 on Wednesday unless someone who missed out on the Saturday clan match wanted a guaranteed spot? What are everyone's thoughts on the matter?

I've been to all the previous clan matches too so can sit out of the one tomorrow if someone who hasn't had a chance wants a spot.

[quote name='will123456']Do we have to reserve our place for the upcoming match or is it a first come first serve type of thing ?[/QUOTE]It's a first come, first serve. Personally, I just want people to show up. I'll send a game request today.

EDIT: Clan game is official, we need,

8 for Casual 1
8 for Casual 2

I can fill one slot in either clan if needed, but I rather not.

Hey TMK I'm not part of the clan (never had the chance to sign up) but I'd be in for Casual 1 or 2, and would definitely be interested in Thursday.

I'll probably forget to check the thread so PM me if you're not busy. If you are busy I'll come by eventually.

[quote name='ItsMeMark']Hey TMK I'm not part of the clan (never had the chance to sign up) but I'd be in for Casual 1 or 2, and would definitely be interested in Thursday.

I'll probably forget to check the thread so PM me if you're not busy. If you are busy I'll come by eventually.[/QUOTE]I could place you in Casual 2 right now if you want, and the chances of you getting in are quite high.

I am planning the wed night game. I am pretty excited about it. Lets cross my fingers and hope the wife doesnt have any shows that are too important to wait to watch later on the DVR.

[quote name='ItsMeMark']Do I have to do trials to get into the casual clan? I kinda want to know how good I am in the "I play once and a while" category.[/QUOTE]Nope, not at all. I just add people. I only re-voke people if they don't an invite after a while to a clan or if someone ditches the game/stops playing.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It's a first come, first serve. Personally, I just want people to show up. I'll send a game request today.

EDIT: Clan game is official, we need,

8 for Casual 1
8 for Casual 2

I can fill one slot in either clan if needed, but I rather not.[/quote]
Cool. Looking forward to it.

But but you're the leader of the Hardcore clan. You can probably also remove me from the hardcore clan, since my friend wants to start a clan. I'll still partake in CAG nights though.

[quote name='zenprime']Is it wrong I check the clan member rankings everyday, even if I don't play KZ2 that day?[/QUOTE]

Oh snap!, there's clan member rankings??

[quote name='smiggity']Yall can remove me from the Hardcore clan to make room if needed[/QUOTE]Right now that isn't a problem, but if you seriously feel you'll never play again, we can. Otherwise, we'll leave you there for now. Clans will be re-organized, no doubt.

[quote name='Thongsy']But but you're the leader of the Hardcore clan. You can probably also remove me from the hardcore clan, since my friend wants to start a clan. I'll still partake in CAG nights though.[/QUOTE]You can just leave on your own if your friend starts a clan. I'll notice you left since I still keep track of all clan listings (to make sure the list on the OP is updated and correct).

Good luck to both teams, but go Casual 2! I won't be able to make it to any of the weekday games.
Are we still having R2 night?

[quote name='Invin']Good luck to both teams, but go Casual 2! I won't be able to make it to any of the weekday games.
Are we still having R2 night?[/QUOTE]Yes, there is still R2 night. The thing is, clan games at the LONGEST will go on for 35 minutes. Normally they only last 20 minutes. And since I want this to happen, that's why I scheduled it before R2. By the time it finishes, those who play R2 can switch to that. You can only play one map for a clan match, and up to 7 rounds.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Meh i'm growing kinda stale with the game lately. I'll prob be there tommorow night though.[/QUOTE]I saw you put it on your TL in the trading forum. Outside of tomorrow's clan match, that is why I'm limiting KZ2 to just twice a week. One day is clan match while the other is open to CAG.

You can play R2 with us if you want (online) at 10pm EST. :)

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Meh i'm growing kinda stale with the game lately. I'll prob be there tommorow night though.[/quote]

This weekend I reached general and got my revolver/melee badges and I haven't touched it since. I still would like to get all the badges, but they'd need to patch the air bot and boost for that.

I also need to get past the first mission in the campaign too.

Oh well. I'm actually naturally good at this game in multi, unlike warhawk and socom where I just get violated every round.

I'm mostly just feeling around K2. I burnt myself on it when I got General like the first week it came out heh. I finally worked my way a little bit further into single player, but playing Resistance 2 then jumping back into that clan match where I got last place disheartened me so much on the game :(.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'm mostly just feeling around K2. I burnt myself on it when I got General like the first week it came out heh. I finally worked my way a little bit further into single player, but playing Resistance 2 then jumping back into that clan match where I got last place disheartened me so much on the game :(.[/QUOTE]Eh, it's all right. Both games are a bit different, but I still play both every week. Don't plan to quit playing both anytime soon. :D

bread's done
Back