CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='zenprime']I'd like to remind everyone to squad up! Nothing sucks more then running your ass all over the map only to miss the fun firefights.[/quote]

Amen to that. I know I was riding on Pheonix_Azure's back a lot on Saturday and it worked out well. I always try to join squads in MP otherwise but no one random seems to understand it. I'd lead but quite frankly, I have no idea what the word defense means and tend to run into firefights with my shotty blazing as much as possible. A dead leader is not a good leader ;)

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']How do we get Valor points? 'cause we should start getting some competitive nights against other clans starting :D[/QUOTE]Most likely looking into it after tonight's games (on Tuesday/Wednesday). I plan to make my decisions on who will be the officers for now. Right now my main task has been building the clan and tweaking the nights (which most of the hard stuff is already done). Appointing officers and clan battles (who some of the appointed officers will assist me with) is the next step.

Even when I appoint officers, I plan to deal with inviting people to the clan myself. Officers will help me with other things and will probably lead the clan to victory against other teams.

Well if I can't get in the hardcore clan, I'd like to be in the casual clan, whatever lets me play tonight

I tend to swear quite a bit when I play

I hope this isn't a problem

I'll be on tonight, as well. I'll retain from officially joining the clan (because I wish not to have the tag next to my name), but I'll probably be making regular appearances on the CAG Killzone Game Nights.

[quote name='saddamizer']Well if I can't get in the hardcore clan, I'd like to be in the casual clan, whatever lets me play tonight

I tend to swear quite a bit when I play

I hope this isn't a problem[/QUOTE]You've been invited (according to StarkKat), so just go ahead and accept next time you are on.

I'm getting on in 10 minutes to get all the game settings together and invite the final people to the CAG Casual Clan for today.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man, can someone make some good PST games? Such shitty hours for us.[/quote]

I can do unofficial ones if there was enough interest lol
I wish we had games a bit later for PST people
I have evening classes on Monday and Wednesday, so it's going to be hard to make any Monday meets we have

Thursday and Saturday times are perfect for me though :)

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I can do unofficial ones if there was enough interest lol
I wish we had games a bit later for PST people
I have evening classes on Monday and Wednesday, so it's going to be hard to make any Monday meets we have

Thursday and Saturday times are perfect for me though :)[/QUOTE]I wish we had more PST games because I'm on EST and can only go so far on the weekdays (but most don't bother to do it). I plan to appoint at least one on PST to make it more possible as an officer. I admit I wish I could have started the game earlier, but there are many EST people who can only play until 11pm EST, and then I understand some on PST don't get back until 9pm, so it's difficult to handle weekday nights. Don't worry, I am working on solutions.

I'm just going to flat out admit, here are two people who are greatly being considered for an officer position, but I have to pick two more:
BostonCollegeFan (unless he gets moved clans)
xGunCrazyx (PST person, plays really well, and dedicated to the game)

Anyway, the map rotation is up and the clan has been update. Right now I'm temporarily suspending invites to the clan, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a new cable modem from my ISP and just got done playing a good solid 2 hours without a single disconnect so I'm definitely showing up tonight. See ya'll there.

[quote name='Bavgate']Holy fuck! CheapyD's in my game right now. Hahaha. :lol:[/QUOTE]He'll probably be in our game tonight. That will be interesting, I'm getting on in 15 minutes and will start things up. I might be a little early. ;)

EDIT: Server is now UP.

I've been getting network errors all day today. I tried joining, got an error. I joined again and got in, but a minute later, network error. Ugh. Somethings seriously wrong and I know it can't be my connection since I had no problem last gamenight. Maybe its just today, but I'll just play the MLB 09 demo for now.

Hey mana thanks for setting up the game, and getting the ball rolling. I just had to take off early, but all in all that was good. Anyway it was good playing with Cheapy also, hopefully him getting killed one to many times doesn't turn him off to KZ2.

Sorry everyone, I didn't have any Pepsi before tonight's game, so I wasn't very talkative and kind of quiet.

I also wanted to admit I expected a bigger turnout later on (compared to early), so many small maps were early while the big maps were later (causing the games to get very hectic since many showed up early). I'll place the maps in a better position in the future (or try).

Since I'm expecting the biggest turnout on Thursday, what I'm going to probably do is split the hosting, where there will be two rooms which can hold 24 people. If anyone might be interested in hosting on Thursday and has a stable internet that doesn't disconnect much, let me know. Not sure yet how I will divide, whether it will be East in one room, west in another. Or I may do some clan division (one will have just casual clan, while another will be hardcore clan and others). Regardless, I'll think of something.

Thank you very much for showing up everyone. Very glad to see we maxed out the server at 32. I apologize to some who didn't get in.

EDIT: This was the ranking after the 1st match:
KZ2ranking.jpg

I kind of wish I could just look at the maps locally without the threat of bots. I need to learn the layout of a few of those maps, especially that one nagging respawn point on that one map that basically equals death within 5 seconds after you spawn.

[quote name='shinryuu']I've been getting network errors all day today. I tried joining, got an error. I joined again and got in, but a minute later, network error. Ugh. Somethings seriously wrong and I know it can't be my connection since I had no problem last gamenight. Maybe its just today, but I'll just play the MLB 09 demo for now.[/QUOTE]Let me know what your NAT Type is under Connection Settings List. That might have messed things up causing you to get Net errors (if it switched to Type 3).

I'd suggest dividing the group by casual and hardcore
The hardcore crowd could probably use some good practice together if they want to compete well :p

Wow, I had to leave early (Jack Bauer TWO Hours PST of Power!), but playing with fellow CAGers was pretty fun. I'll see you guys the next time round.

That was a lot of fun. I probably won't be able to be there for the Thursday nights, but I am looking forward to Saturday.

I felt like a dickhead in the beggining because I kept running into the other teams spawn points and throwing spawn points for my team in there haha. It's how I managed to come in first a couple of times though so :p

Managed to get up to Lieutenant Colonel though :)

Also I don't know if you guys noticed or not but rocksolidaudio = Nick Suttner formally of 1Up now with Sony. So we played with someone at Sony :p

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I felt like a dickhead in the beggining because I kept running into the other teams spawn points and throwing spawn points for my team in there haha. It's how I managed to come in first a couple of times though so :p

Managed to get up to Lieutenant Colonel though :)[/quote]

I was wondering what was going on there...

You'll notice the 43 deaths I had if you look in Mana's pics. I think I doubled that the second match. My tactic has been to sprint to the spawn points and drop tactional spawn points. Works like a charm on Body Count servers, but it is kinda cheap. You guy's caught on on those two terrible maps though (the last two we played).

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Also I don't know if you guys noticed or not but rocksolidaudio = Nick Suttner formally of 1Up now with Sony. So we played with someone at Sony :p[/quote]

Don't remember seeing his user name in the first three maps, must have been later. That's cool tho :cool:

I wish you would've taken screenshots of any game other than the first one. I joined too late on the first game, but I think I averaged 80+ points on each of them with 124 being my highest score of the night :cool:

Good games tonight. Hopefully we can play for longer, next time.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I wish you would've taken screenshots of any game other than the first one.[/quote]

Quoted for truth, haha. :lol:

Had fun tonight, I'll see if I can clear my schedule to play more but it is rather hectic this semester so we shall have to see if I can make it again next Monday.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Haha it defintly got hectic there. Radec Academy match was probably the most hectic heh.[/quote]Agreed. Some would probably say that they hated having to fight enemies in our spawn (I noticed a spawn grenade thrown in our base for most of the match), but I thought it made it a good fight. The only real match that was less hectic was the large desert map, since it is the largest (or it at least feels the largest).

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Also off topic but xecutioner what's your avatar of?[/quote]Lucario: the most bawlinest Pokémon there is :cool:

Ahhhh I thought it was from Pokemon. Thanks bro.

But yeah I do feel bad and apologize for those who got mad at Radec, that was entirely my fault for being a dick :)P), the match dropped to like 17 people after that, and I wasn't sure if it was because of that match or not :(

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If anyone might be interested in hosting on Thursday and has a stable internet that doesn't disconnect much, let me know.[/quote]

The host leaving the game doesn't end it. The host's connection doesn't really matter either from what I've seen.

Lot of fun! Although it was a little to friggen crazy!

GO HELGHAST!

Screw RYAend (if that's the right name) with the damn grenade launcher. Friggen dieing every second.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Lot of fun! Although it was a little to friggen crazy!

GO HELGHAST!

Screw Ayen (if that's the right name) with the damn grenade launcher. Friggen dieing every second.[/quote]

*RYAend

Yeah, that was probably me.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I didn't mind the grenade launcher....since I could take it from his dead corpse ;)[/quote]

Yeah, especially after I suicide with it. :lol:

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Haha isn't that great? That and just running into a group of enemies killing yourself with a grenade.[/quote]

I gotta admit, it is pretty awesome. :rofl:

bread's done
Back