CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm guessing you guys tried alternating who was sending the invite right?[/QUOTE]

I tried 2-3 times as well. If it was taking more than thirty seconds to connect then I might have canceled out too fast, as I waited 30-60 seconds, figured the problem was on my end, then canceled and went to check my router and internet connection. I'll reset my router tomorrow and open NAT settings for the 360 in case the problem was on my end.

As an early heads-up, I'm going to be busy in the few days before and after Christmas, so my availability will be extremely limited or non-existent. I'll also be on a connection that I'm not sure is capable of handling any online game, but I'll have to check that out when I get there. If that connection is found completely unreliable, then I'll need a sub for 3-4 games until I transition back to a reliable connection. A lot of ifs, nothing concrete (and I might be able to play every one of my games just fine) so nothing to worry about yet.

All right, we are advanced to Week 5!

Week 4 Summary

Power Rankings
1. St. Louis Rams
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. Arizona Cardinals
4. Denver Broncos
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Offensive Player of the Week
LaDainian Tomlinson - 21 att, 241 yds, 5 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Sheldon Brown - 5 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF

Stay tuned for details on Free Agent pick ups! (most likely tomorrow)

hey i need the old raiders owner to get booted so i can play there game and get it out of the way

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right, well, if everyone's cool with that, these are the deals I've got worked out. I'll have to look up the potentials for these other guys after I feed this hungry baby, haha.

New Orleans Saints
Jonathan Vilma, MLB, 91 OVR, age 29, POT A
Robert Meachem, WR, 77 OVR, age 27, POT B

FOR

Detroit Lions
Calvin Johnson Jr., WR, 93 OVR, age 26, POT A

New Orleans Saints
Mark Ingram, RB, 79 OVR, age 21, POT A
3rd round draft pick

FOR

New York Jets
Bart Scott, MLB, 90 OVR, age 31, POT ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DVO21']denver sends eric decker WR 72 overall age 25 pot B

for cowboys 3rd round pick

the only thing about this trade is it cant be transfered till after FA opens up becuase denvers owner wants to wait till then but wanted to still put the trade up for approval[/QUOTE]

No other comments on these trades? I'll give it another couple hours but then I'm approving them so we can move on to other things.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm not sure why the Jets need Ingram when they already have Greene and Tomlinson.

---

Falcons/Packers scheduled for 4:30 EST today.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he's shopping both of them. Just like I wouldn't need Bart Scott if I wasn't trading Vilma. If you want to offer me Clay Matthews for Ingram, I'd be more than happy to consider your offer. ;)

Free Agents

All right, time to start the free agent process. I decided we might as well basically do it the same way the other league does and go in groups of 8. Making it any smaller would give us uneven numbers and really just make the entire process take longer.
There may be some grumbling, but we need to get this done before we advance to Week 6, so it's fair to everyone.

Since we're pretty much doing it the same way as the other league, I'm just going to post their rules because that saves me some time, and why fix what isn't broken, haha. :)

FA Pickup Rules

1. We will pick up Free Agents from the list in 4 groups of 8 (based on inverse standings). I will post a list of the draft order and then allow the first 8 teams a set amount of time to pick. It is first-come first-served based on that order, so team #1 doesn't have preference over team #2 and so on.

2. Any player currently on the FA wire may be picked up, regardless of positional need. The same restrictions which apply to injury replacements do not apply here.

3. When it is your group's turn, you must post in this thread who you are picking up. Do not just add them in the game. Once you've posted here, you can then add them. If you pick someone up in game, but someone else claimed them here first, they get the player.

4. You must drop a player as well. It doesn't matter whether your roster is full or not. However, the player you drop does not have to play the same position as the player you added, so feel free to drop your lowest rated guy.

5. Even if you're not at your console, you can still pick. Claiming someone here saves him for you, even if someone else gets on their 360 first.

Please post your FA selection in this format:

Team Name:
Player Added: Name (Position)
Player Dropped: Name (Position)

Free Agents

All right, time to start the free agent process. I decided we might as well basically do it the same way the other league does and pick in groups so it doesn't take forever. The difference is, we have less members, and have no need to pick up free agents for our secondary teams. We currently have 19 players, so we'll go with a group of 4, followed by three groups of 5. I just want to make sure we get this done before we advance to Week 6, so it's fair to everyone.

Since everything else is pretty much the same as the other league, I'm just going to post their rules because that saves me some time, and why fix what isn't broken, haha. :)

FA Pickup Rules

1. We will pick up Free Agents from the list in 4 groups (based on inverse standings). I will post a list of the draft order and then allow the first 4 teams a set amount of time to pick. It is first-come first-served based on that order, so team #1 doesn't have preference over team #2 and so on.

2. Any player currently on the FA wire may be picked up, regardless of positional need. The same restrictions which apply to injury replacements do not apply here.

3. When it is your group's turn, you must post in this thread who you are picking up. Do not just add them in the game. Once you've posted here, you can then add them. If you pick someone up in game, but someone else claimed them here first, they get the player.

4. You must drop a player as well. It doesn't matter whether your roster is full or not. However, the player you drop does not have to play the same position as the player you added, so feel free to drop your lowest rated guy.

5. Even if you're not at your console, you can still pick. Claiming someone here saves him for you, even if someone else gets on their 360 first.

Team Name:
Player Added: Name (Position)
Player Dropped: Name (Position)

And here are your groups. Group 1 may start selecting now. Group 2 will start when Group 1 finishes, or at 12:00 AM EST tonight, whichever comes first.

Group 1
1. New York Giants
2. Carolina Panthers
3. Cincinnati Bengals - Mark Tauscher, RT
4. Chicago Bears
5. Tennessee Titans

Group 2
6. Cleveland Browns
7. Houston Texans
8. Baltimore Ravens
9. Pittsburgh Steelers
10. New England Patriots

Group 3
11. San Francisco 49ers
12. New York Jets
13. Philadelphia Eagles
14. Detroit Lions
15. New Orleans Saints

Group 4
16. Green Bay Packers
17. Dallas Cowboys
18. Denver Broncos
19. Atlanta Falcons
20. St. Louis Rams

Last edited by a moderator:

Team Name: Bengals
Player Added: Mark Tauscher RT
Player Dropped: Brian Leonard HB

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Pretty sure he's shopping both of them. Just like I wouldn't need Bart Scott if I wasn't trading Vilma. If you want to offer me Clay Matthews for Ingram, I'd be more than happy to consider your offer. ;)[/QUOTE]

Im just thinking about next season, neither greene or tomlinson are great. Mark ingram will be better than both of them next year. So hes going to be my franchise running back. And ill give him either rb for a 70 something WR or CB. If that would make you guys happy.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']And here are your groups. Group 1 may start selecting now. Group 2 will start when Group 1 finishes, or at 12:00 AM EST tonight, whichever comes first.

Group 1
1. New York Giants
2. Carolina Panthers
4. Chicago Bears

Group 2
5. Cleveland Browns
6. Houston Texans
7. Baltimore Ravens
8. Pittsburgh Steelers
9. New England Patriots

Group 3
10. San Francisco 49ers
11. New York Jets
12. Philadelphia Eagles
13. Detroit Lions
14. New Orleans Saints

Group 4
15. Green Bay Packers
16. Dallas Cowboys
17. Denver Broncos
18. Atlanta Falcons
19. St. Louis Rams[/QUOTE]

Just a couple if notes.

The Titans aren't on there and the Bears are controlled by a CPU.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Just a couple if notes.

The Titans aren't on there and the Bears are controlled by a CPU.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone may be logged in on their main in the league.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Just a couple if notes.

The Titans aren't on there and the Bears are controlled by a CPU.[/QUOTE]

Sorry! You're right! So much team switching lately. I'm having a hard time keeping up with which are primary and which are secondary. I think I just glossed over them because they're listed as CPU now as well.

So, even with AJVtony dropping, we do have 20 members. That's awesome. That just gives us 4 groups of 5 then. Fixed!

[quote name='Blade3D']Not everyone may be logged in on their main in the league.[/QUOTE]

Possible, but regardless, the Titans (My main team) are not on the free agent list.

Just posting this again now that it's been corrected.

Group 1
1. New York Giants
2. Carolina Panthers
4. Chicago Bears
5. Tennessee Titans

Group 2
6. Cleveland Browns
7. Houston Texans
8. Baltimore Ravens
9. Pittsburgh Steelers
10. New England Patriots

Group 3
11. San Francisco 49ers
12. New York Jets
13. Philadelphia Eagles
14. Detroit Lions
15. New Orleans Saints

Group 4
16. Green Bay Packers
17. Dallas Cowboys
18. Denver Broncos
19. Atlanta Falcons
20. St. Louis Rams

TRADE ALERT:

Denver Bronco
s send HB Willis McGahee and a third round draft pick to the New Orleans Saints for DT Shaun Rogers, pending league approval.

NOTICE:

The Texans will be dropping Steve Slaton to be picked up in the FA by Tanabeo per our trade agreement. Please don't get excited and pick him up on accident. Lol

Also is there a place in the OP We could advise what draft picks are looking like as?

For instance:

For the 2012 JV league draft:

Texans: 1st Round pick from the Cowboys
3rd Round pick from Tana (can't remember his primary)

[quote name='Dark Rider']Thanks for the pm cagleaguesports.

Team name: Titans
Picking up: Shuan O'hara C
Dropping: Ken Amato MLB[/QUOTE]

Haha, this is funny to me because I'm pretty sure it's the exact move I made when I had the Titans in the other league. Hope it helps you more than it helped me! :)

Ok, it's been long enough. These trades are now approved:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right, well, if everyone's cool with that, these are the deals I've got worked out. I'll have to look up the potentials for these other guys after I feed this hungry baby, haha.

New Orleans Saints
Jonathan Vilma, MLB, 91 OVR, age 29, POT A
Robert Meachem, WR, 77 OVR, age 27, POT B

FOR

Detroit Lions
Calvin Johnson Jr., WR, 93 OVR, age 26, POT A

New Orleans Saints
Mark Ingram, RB, 79 OVR, age 21, POT A
3rd round draft pick

FOR

New York Jets
Bart Scott, MLB, 90 OVR, age 31, POT ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DVO21']denver sends eric decker WR 72 overall age 25 pot B

for cowboys 3rd round pick

the only thing about this trade is it cant be transfered till after FA opens up becuase denvers owner wants to wait till then but wanted to still put the trade up for approval[/QUOTE]

Posting this for the new page. Group 2, your turn starts at 12:00 AM EST.

Group 1
1. New York Giants
2. Carolina Panthers
4. Chicago Bears
5. Tennessee Titans - Shaun O'Hara, C

Group 2
6. Cleveland Browns
7. Houston Texans
8. Baltimore Ravens
9. Pittsburgh Steelers
10. New England Patriots

Group 3
11. San Francisco 49ers
12. New York Jets
13. Philadelphia Eagles
14. Detroit Lions
15. New Orleans Saints

Group 4
16. Green Bay Packers
17. Dallas Cowboys
18. Denver Broncos
19. Atlanta Falcons
20. St. Louis Rams

[quote name='Docb9110']Also is there a place in the OP We could advise what draft picks are looking like as?

For instance:

For the 2012 JV league draft:

Texans: 1st Round pick from the Cowboys
3rd Round pick from Tana (can't remember his primary)[/QUOTE]

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think what you're asking for is basically under the "Transactions" spoiler in the OP. Obviously, we need to keep track of these trades involving draft picks, so I thought that would be a good way to do it. I want to add the Free Agent signings to that too...you'll just have to give me some time to get that done.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']If I'm understanding you correctly, I think what you're asking for is basically under the "Transactions" spoiler in the OP. Obviously, we need to keep track of these trades involving draft picks, so I thought that would be a good way to do it. I want to add the Free Agent signings to that too...you'll just have to give me some time to get that done.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Not that I think anyone would cheat but it keeps is from saying "hey why did he drop his first rounder"...and so on.

Am I understanding that group two starts tonite at 12est?

Trade alert.

Bengals send RB Cedric Benson (age 28, overall 81, potential B) to Houston for WR Kevin Walter (age 30 , overall 78, potential B)

with the Dallas Cowboys on a bye week it looks like new teammates Arian Foster, Eric Decker and Jordan Shipley time to get to know the team and adjust to the new playbook.

as the new Jerry Jones of this team i demand a superbowl apperance or people are getting moved next year

Vector and I tried to play our game today, but were unable to connect to each other. After many tries and even resetting our routers we are still unable to connect. We both have open NATs.

Is there anything we can do or will this need to be simulated by the GM?

[quote name='Dark Rider']Vector and I tried to play our game today, but were unable to connect to each other. After many tries and even resetting our routers we are still unable to connect. We both have open NATs.

Is there anything we can do or will this need to be simulated by the GM?[/QUOTE]

That happened to DVO and I, we just rescheduled and it worked at that later time.

A lot of activity in here today, and I want to make sure these trade proposals don't get lost in the shuffle. I don't think anyone has weighed in on either of these trades.

[quote name='KasterDB']TRADE ALERT:

Denver Broncos send HB Willis McGahee and a third round draft pick to the New Orleans Saints for DT Shaun Rogers, pending league approval.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jza1218']Trade alert.

Bengals send RB Cedric Benson (age 28, overall 81, potential B) to Houston for WR Kevin Walter (age 30 , overall 78, potential B)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Docb9110']Am I understanding that group two starts tonite at 12est?[/QUOTE]

Yes. That's the plan anyway. Such a balancing act between giving people enough time, but also not dragging this out for forever. My basic thought is that people should be checking this thread routinely anyway (and I did even make note of it in the thread title). If anyone is late making their pick, hopefully they don't get too upset. After all, most of these are marginal players anyway.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Vector and I tried to play our game today, but were unable to connect to each other. After many tries and even resetting our routers we are still unable to connect. We both have open NATs.

Is there anything we can do or will this need to be simulated by the GM?[/QUOTE]

Um...I think you mean Vulcan. Really weird that you guys couldn't connect. I wonder if something is going on with the EA servers. Maybe you guys can try again another day? If not, I guess we'll have to find a sub for one of you.

Wow...did the Patriots seriously just pick up Bart Scott without paying any attention that he was involved in a trade. Or for that matter, without even following proper FA pick up procedure of waiting for his turn or posting the intent to sign in the thread first? Come on, superstar. You should know better than that. Don't be a dumbass. Nobody likes a dumbass.

hey curious if the jv league took a hit also someone went through the fantasy league and the offical league and messed up all the un owned teams rosters and i thought i would ask if anyone has seen anything wrong with the rosters here

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...did the Patriots seriously just pick up Bart Scott without paying any attention that he was involved in a trade. Or for that matter, without even following proper FA pick up procedure of waiting for his turn or posting the intent to sign in the thread first? Come on, superstar. You should know better than that. Don't be a dumbass. Nobody likes a dumbass.[/QUOTE]

lol - my wife has family staying with us and they were messing around on Madden when I was at work. I am dropping him. No need to call me a dumbass without asking question, but it's fine. People who have played with me would know I wouldn't do such a thing.

[quote name='Superstar']lol - my wife has family staying with us and they were messing around on Madden when I was at work. I am dropping him. No need to call me a dumbass without asking question, but it's fine. People who have played with me would know I wouldn't do such a thing.[/QUOTE]

So, your family went into your online league and changed your roster? lol..all right. That sucks, but all right. I wasn't trying to call you a dumbass. I was telling you not to be one. Under the circumstances, it seemed like good advice. ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So, your family went into your online league and changed your roster? lol..all right. That sucks, but all right. I wasn't trying to call you a dumbass. I was telling you not to be one. Under the circumstances, it seemed like good advice. ;)[/QUOTE]

They changed several things (including my xbox wallpaper). Madden happened to be the disc in my xbox at the time so they decided to mess around on it. They changed rosters in one of my other online leagues as well, haha

I'm in group 2 and wanted to let everyone know I'll probably be posting my FA PICKUP tomorrow morning. My daughter is asleep which means I need to sleep! Good advise for us commish! Lol they sleep...You SLEEP!

You were right I meant Vulcan. We did eventually figure out how to play our game.

It was a close game. The final score was 26-7 Titans.

Well, I guess Vulcan is dropping from the league. That opens up the Steelers and Redskins. Not really sure what to do about this as I'm sure a bunch of people would want to jump to the Steelers as their secondary team (hell, maybe even their primary team), and I'm not sure how I feel about people switching from team to team. I'm open to ideas here.

bread's done
Back