CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

Ok, guys. We've advanced to the playoffs! The way things shook out, Pittsburgh ended up winning the AFC Central. I looked at it, and UMX split his games with them, but he had a 3-3 division record, while the Steelers were 4-2 (with their last win being by a 14-4 score over the Ravens...seriously, 14-4? lol)

The way that made things work out is Kaster is the only human team in the AFC playoffs. If UMX is interested, and everybody else is ok with it, I'd be fine with him taking one of the other AFC teams. The choices would be the Jets, Colts, Chargers, Steelers, or the Patriots. The Patriots have the other bye.

As for the NFC, there are only two games involving human teams in the first round...mine and lyric. We both play CPU teams, so hopefully we can get this first round wrapped up pretty quick. I'll put a 2 day deadline on it just so we can sort out the situation with UMX, but I'd be thrilled if we could get it wrapped up tonight. Ready to get this season finished. I don't want to be burnt out on football when Madden 13 comes out.

I appreciate the consideration, but you should probably move on without me. I don't want to hold things up and I'd feel a little weird since I've never been a fan of subbing in. Though if you guys really want KasterDB to at least potentially have a human opponent on this way to the Super Bowl I'm not entirely against doing it either.

Ok, we have advanced to Rd 2. Looks like pitfallharry had dropped from the league for some reason, so I sent him an invite back. It will be a tight race in the NFC to see who gets to play Kaster in the Super Bowl, haha. Can the Packers get the 3 peat???

Rd 2 games will be due by 7/11!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Ok, we have advanced to Rd 2. Looks like pitfallharry had dropped from the league for some reason, so I sent him an invite back. It will be a tight race in the NFC to see who gets to play Kaster in the Super Bowl, haha. Can the Packers get the 3 peat???

Rd 2 games will be due by 7/11![/QUOTE]

I was busy last weekend, and both St Louis and Green Bay were locked into their playoff spots with no chance of moving up or down. I told lyric I'd drop if he still wanted to play the CPU, which he was fine with. I'll join back up later today.

Saints - 28
Packers - 7

The king is dead. Long live the queen...or something...lol. Nah, this was one of those games that was difficult to be evenly matched due to the weather conditions. It was at Lambeau, so of course it was a blizzard (the pregame said 10 degrees too). I was able to jump ahead thanks to a defensive stops and big runs by the oft-injured Asa Fanning (finally back from a 9 week hamstring tear). Thankfully, Fanning wasn't hit much in this game, which was the key to his success. Going into halftime, the Saints had a 21-0 lead and were getting the ball to open the 2nd half.

The Packers put a quick stop to that though, intercepting Drew Brees on the 2nd play of the half, and quickly scoring a TD of their own. Fired up, the Packers defense stymied the Saints on the next several possessions. Fortunately, the Saints defense was fairly sharp as well (though they couldn't catch worth shit...7 pass deflections, only 1 INT), holding Aaron Rodgers in check. Near the end of the 3rd quarter, Fanning broke another big run, putting the game out of reach in such horrible weather conditions. My hats off to pitfallharry. He's got such a potent passing game, I really didn't feel secure until after the two minute warning in the 4th. Great game, man!

Oh, also, there must have been some kind of New Orleans voodoo going on because Darren Sproles was injured in my game against the CPU Vikings last week...and the medical center said it was a broken collarbone, and that he'd be out 11 weeks. Somehow, after I advanced the week, he wasn't on my injury report. I didn't want to jinx it until I saw him play in this game, but lo and behold...he was out there. I only attempted the Vikings game once too. Spooky, lol.

Saints
Drew Brees - 5-9, 106 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT
Asa Fanning - 11 att, 175 yds, 3 TDs (93 yds, 3 yds, 68 yds)
Marques Colston - 3 rec, 69 yds
Calvin Johnson - 2 rec, 37 yds
Patrick Robinson - 3 tackles, 1 INT

Packers
Aaron Rodgers - 10-25, 98 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT
James Starks - 10 att, 28 yds, 1 TD
Jermichael Finley - 4 rec, 38 yds
Bayele Tarver - 3 rec, 41 yds
Greg Jennings - 2 rec, 15 yds
A.J. Hawk - 4 tackles, 1 sack
Nick Collins - 2 tackles, 1 INT

Was just coming in here to post no word from lyric. Glad to see this is scheduled for tonight. I'm looking forward to retiring this game, and getting a small breather before 13 comes out, haha.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Was just coming in here to post no word from lyric. Glad to see this is scheduled for tonight. I'm looking forward to retiring this game, and getting a small breather before 13 comes out, haha.[/QUOTE]

Well I just got another pm saying that's no good. So we will see

--- Still no word, he pm'ed me with a time and when i pmed back to confirm, he said the time doesn't work?

-----

Still nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
I am good for 10:30 p.m. EST. We must have traded PMs near the same time. I was saying no to 5 p.m. Pacific. Probably at the same time you were OKing 7:30 p.m.

Also n8: I did PM you back. Not sure why you didn't receive it.

Yeah, not much I can do against your hurry-up/QB run combo. I still maintain that's a cheesy tactic, but whatever.

At least I can finally put this game away!

[quote name='lyric706']Yeah, not much I can do against your hurry-up/QB run combo. I still maintain that's a cheesy tactic, but whatever.

At least I can finally put this game away![/QUOTE]

Just learn to defend it. And you'll feel better.

Anyways I did most of my damage with Jacobs and Bradshaw in non hurry-up, obvious run formations. But I understand why Newcomber's 5 or 6 carries would stick out in your mind. Happens to everyone

[quote name='LVPatriots']Just learn to defend it. And you'll feel better.

Anyways I did most of my damage with Jacobs and Bradshaw in non hurry-up, obvious run formations. But I understand why Newcomber's 5 or 6 carries would stick out in your mind. Happens to everyone[/QUOTE]

Actually, you ran Newcomber 7 times (equal to Brandon Jacobs) for 61 yards (compared to Jacobs' 43 yards). You had 186 yards on the ground, meaning about one-third of those came from QB scrambles. Moreover, on at least three of those, you never even dropped back; you just took off.

But whatever. I know n8 knows how to defend against that, so I will be happy to see him make it to the Super Bowl.

[quote name='lyric706']But whatever. I know n8 knows how to defend against that, so I will be happy to see him make it to the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

Ahh! Don't jinx me like that! lol...I'll do my best, but we'll see if my defenders are up to the challenge.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ahh! Don't jinx me like that! lol...I'll do my best, but we'll see if my defenders are up to the challenge.[/QUOTE]

LOL no jinx intended. Just know that the entire integrity of this league rests in the hands of your little digital Saints! ;-)

Giants - 14
Saints - 10

Outplayed LV, holding him to 60 yards of total offense...and he wins anyway. The Madden gods were really licking his nuts in this one. After I go up 10-0, he gets a kick return TD and a pick 6 in about 40 seconds. Those were his only scores of the game. I had a chance to win it in the final seconds, getting the ball down to his 2 yard line...but with no timeouts, button lag fucked up my audible, and I ran a draw play. Game was in a blizzard. Go figure. At least do me a favor and buy a lottery ticket, LV. Jesus fucking Christ...glad to be done with this game.

You guys are sore losers.

Other than that early 10 points, ya didn't score

Advance away, Nate.

Not an ounce of credit to my defense from either one of you? 17 points in two games. Whats a man gotta do to earn a win in here?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LVPatriots']You guys are sore losers.

Other than that early 10 points, ya didn't score

Advance away, Nate.

Not an ounce of credit to my defense from either one of you? 17 points in two games. Whats a man gotta do to earn a win in here?[/QUOTE]

Dude, go look at the box score. If you can't even admit that you were outplayed, then you're just a dick. That's not even disputable. "Other than that early 10 ponts"...yeah, sound argument. Well, "other than those 2 plays" you didn't do jack shit the entire game. If you're too much of an arrogant douchebag to recognize that you were fortunate to get 14 points when your offense got completely shut down, you're dumber than I could have imagined. I know you're from Boston, but come on.

EDIT - League is advanced. Would have done it sooner, but I had to take care of some stuff.

Going to post this now since after the Super Bowl is played, there won't be much reason to come back to the thread.

I just want to thank everybody for playing this year. Considering some people wondered if a 2nd league could even survive when we started back in November, I'd definitely call this a success. As I've said before, This league will definitely be back when Madden 13 comes out. I don't know how many of you plan on getting that game, but I know the other league is expecting to have more players than spots, so we'll have to figure out some kind of system for placing everybody not only where they should be...but where they want to be. What I would like (at least initially) is for people to commit to one league or the other.

I really have no idea how much interest there will be, but if we had 64 different people playing across both leagues, that would be pretty amazing. I will say, people who commit exclusively to this league will get priority though (I'd rather not hold spots for people wanting to play in both leagues if that spot could go to somebody who wouldn't get to play otherwise). We'll have to work out the details as we get closer to the game's launch, but until then, thanks again to everyone who made three seasons in a secondary league possible. That's something for everyone to be proud of.

I already have Madden 13 preordered and would love to continue in this league exclusively. Would like to stay the Rams if at all possible!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Dude, go look at the box score. If you can't even admit that you were outplayed, then you're just a dick. That's not even disputable. "Other than that early 10 ponts"...yeah, sound argument. Well, "other than those 2 plays" you didn't do jack shit the entire game. If you're too much of an arrogant douchebag to recognize that you were fortunate to get 14 points when your offense got completely shut down, you're dumber than I could have imagined. I know you're from Boston, but come on.

EDIT - League is advanced. Would have done it sooner, but I had to take care of some stuff.[/QUOTE]

I never claimed to have a good offense. And I beat you without one.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I never claimed to have a good offense. And I beat you without one.[/QUOTE]

In case you haven't figured it out, the reason people give you shit is because you're probably the least humble person in this league. Most everybody else will talk about a bounce they got, or a few things that just happened to go their way. You talk about how badass you are. It shouldn't come as a shock that that rubs people the wrong way. But whatever. It's over and done with.

Can he not be in next year's league? He is the exact opposite kind of player for which this JV league was intended -- both in attitude and sportsmanship.

Well, there are definitely some things I'd like to implement for next year's league to keep the assholery to a minimum. If I'm being honest, I was even involved in far more arguments than I would have liked. It's one thing to be competitive, but some people play for blood. I've mentioned it before, but for next year, I'd like to focus less on player skill level, and more on the things you mentioned: attitude, sportsmanship, etc.

I'd also like to remove as many of the external factors that are just randomly and arbitrarily decided as possible. My personal opinion is that there's no point having a competitive league that can be drastically affected by dumb luck and random occurrences. The first of those things would be weather and injuries. To me, they add nothing to the game.

Sure, it might be "interesting" to play in the rain or snow, but seeing my receiver slip and fall down while running a route causing the ball to be intercepted does nothing to prove that my opponent is better than me. Yeah, maybe it's "realistic", but I don't know...I don't like having things that piss me off when they happen when I'm watching a real game infiltrating my video game experience as well (I'm also not a fan of the cute "variable strike zone" that baseball games now have).

Same with injuries. They just randomly screw with your season, and add nothing to the game. If I'm not directly in control of the outcome of my games, I might as well just sim them. That's just the way I feel about it. If everybody else is strongly opposed to these ideas, and thinks weather and injuries provide a more enjoyable experience, then of course, majority will rule.

I would even suggest the possibility of doing a fantasy draft to make sure nobody had an unfair advantage...but I'm pretty sure they took that option out for Madden 13.

I don't get how you two bitching about my play is any better than me antagonizing you for it. Your posts about me and my play are never constructive at all, and If you didn't come in here crying about me, I wouldn't open my mouth.

But just so you know, I probably will not be JV'ing it next season.

I enjoyed playing with the Chiefs and the Giants and most of you guys, but I won't be missed so whatever.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I don't get how you two bitching about my play is any better than me antagonizing you for it. Your posts about me and my play are never constructive at all, and If you didn't come in here crying about me, I wouldn't open my mouth.

But just so you know, I probably will not be JV'ing it next season.

I enjoyed playing with the Chiefs and the Giants and most of you guys, but I won't be missed so whatever.[/QUOTE]

We're basically splitting hairs at this point, but I never complained about your play. I just said that I outplayed you, and you were fortunate to win. Had the roles been reversed, and had you made that statement, I would have completely agreed with you. But you didn't see it that way, and that's your business. As for next year, I didn't figure you'd be back anyway. Like I said, I would prefer that people not double up with both leagues next year (if interest allows for it). I appreciate you playing till the end though.

Pretty tight game. It swung on two plays, a ridiculous bullshit bounce-off-the-leg interception just before the half, and a conservative decision by me to punt on 4th down with 2:43 left at midfield. But gg LV. Congrats

I'd like to join the league in advance for madden 13. My GT is Rapidshot20.

Edit:as I posted this I noticed that the OP answered me in the official cag madden 12 league.

[quote name='Rapid shot']I'd like to join the league in advance for madden 13. My GT is Rapidshot20.

Edit:as I posted this I noticed that the OP answered me in the official cag madden 12 league.[/QUOTE]

Haha, it's cool, man. We'll be glad to have you. I'm excited about the possibility of having a full league this year. We didn't start until November last year, and most people were kind of settled in with the game by that time. Several of us stepped up and took a second team, so nobody would have to play the CPU. That worked reasonably well, but got pretty taxing by season 3. Hopefully getting an earlier start this year will help us to grow the league and make things even better. Welcome aboard!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, it's cool, man. We'll be glad to have you. I'm excited about the possibility of having a full league this year. We didn't start until November last year, and most people were kind of settled in with the game by that time. Several of us stepped up and took a second team, so nobody would have to play the CPU. That worked reasonably well, but got pretty taxing by season 3. Hopefully getting an earlier start this year will help us to grow the league and make things even better. Welcome aboard![/QUOTE]

I look forward to being back circa May 2013 :)

bread's done
Back