CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

I'm leaving for vacation early Sunday and will be gone until Friday night. Doc and I will hopefully get our game played tonight or tomorrow night. I'll obviously likely miss next week's game, but I think it's just a CPU game.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm leaving for vacation early Sunday and will be gone until Friday night. Doc and I will hopefully get our game played tonight or tomorrow night. I'll obviously likely miss next week's game, but I think it's just a CPU game.[/QUOTE]

I managed to beat pitfall somehow! 34-31

Saints - 16
Cowboys - 14

Whew...Saints pull out a close one over the Cowboys. After getting off to a great start, picking off Tony Romo on the opening drive, and riding Asa Fanning to a 10-0 lead (though getting down to the 1 on my 2nd drive and then promptly being knocked backward was disheartening), the Cowboys defense stepped up big time. Led by DeMarcus Ware, Dallas rallied back to take a 14-13 lead with only minutes left in the game.

New Orleans was able to mix up its attack and drive down to the Dallas 23, before a 4th and inches forced a field goal attempt with :31 to play. Garrett Hartley nailed the kick, and the Saints defense intercepted Romo one last time to seal the game. Drew Brees was solid, but unspectacular, going 6-8...with one incompletion coming on a drop by Megatron...and the other coming on a 3rd and long where he overthrew a wide open Megatron that would have put New Orleans inside the redzone. Fortunately, Fanning ended up going for 25 carries, 161 yds, 1 TD (and 1 injury...not serious, thank God). GG, DVO!

Guys,
Sorry but I seem to have issues when the deadline is on the weekend. I get busy with life and forget to play my games. I guess you will have to give me another strike.

We've advanced to Week 12. Campbell, sorry man. If it had been a user vs user game, I'd consider pushing the deadline. But a vs CPU game can be played at any time. Just trying to get us to the end here.

Week 12 games will be due by 6/20!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']We've advanced to Week 12. Campbell, sorry man. If it had been a user vs user game, I'd consider pushing the deadline. But a vs CPU game can be played at any time. Just trying to get us to the end here.

Week 12 games will be due by 6/20![/QUOTE]

Man I totally agree I just never seem to have enough time on weekends. I am stumbling to the end in both leagues.

CPU Falcons almost beat the Giants, Newcomber drank a bunch of Red Bulls and decided to run wild, and fumble wild. Wes Hess trucked the shit out of a corner on a pass for a long td which was the difference of the game.

lyric, PM'd you back last night within 45 minutes of the one you sent me...but haven't heard anything. Hope you got it. This is definitely a game that needs to be played...as I'm fighting for 1st place with the Bucs. I've got limited time today, but can probably fit the game in any time before 9 PM EST.

lyric, if I haven't heard from you by this afternoon, I'm playing the CPU, man. Sorry, but it seems pretty crazy to PM me if you're not going to check your PM"s the next two days, lol.

I had a family emergency come up so I may have issues playing my game for the upcoming week, but I'm not sure. If I can't play would anyone mind filling in against the CPU? I'm trying to avoid a sim loss, which could really hurt my playoff chances.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']lyric, if I haven't heard from you by this afternoon, I'm playing the CPU, man. Sorry, but it seems pretty crazy to PM me if you're not going to check your PM"s the next two days, lol.[/QUOTE]

I can play tonight if that works for you.

Saints - 13
Rams - 3

The Saints continue their climb from worst to first in the Dirty South, picking up their 6th straight win. Defense was the story in this game. The Rams started things off by injuring Asa Fanning (shocker!) and intercepting Drew Brees. Fortunately, the New Orleans defense also came to play, shutting down Steven Jackson like they never have. The only scoring through the 1st half was a pair of FG's to give the Saints to a 6-0 lead.

In the 2nd half, it was more of the same, but the Saints secondary finally made some plays, intercepting Sam Bradford on the first drive. But the New Orleans offense just couldn't get anything going. Early in the 4th quarter, the Rams put their best drive together, but were held to a FG to cut the lead to 6-3.

Finally breaking through, on the first play from scrimmage, Darren Sproles busted off an 80 yard TD run, breaking a tackle at the Saints 37 yard line, and outrunning everyone else on the field to give New Orleans a 10 point lead with just under five minutes to play. This proved to be the difference as the Rams were forced to go to the air, and Sam Bradford was intercepted for the second time on a 4th and 10 throw trying to keep the drive alive. Great game, lyric! I finally put up a solid defensive showing against Jackson (though he was your leading receiver, haha).

Saints
Drew Brees - 4-8, 64 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT
Darren Sproles - 16 att, 167 yds, 1 TD
Asa Fanning - 5 att, 20 yds
Marques Colston - 3 rec, 49 yds
Roman Harper - 4 tackles, 1 INT

Rams
Sam Bradford - 7-22, 84 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
Steven Jackson - 12 att, 42 yds, 3 rec, 50 yds
Lance Kendricks - 2 rec, 20 yds
James Butler - 5 tackles, 1 INT

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Saints - 13
Rams - 3

The Saints continue their climb from worst to first in the Dirty South, picking up their 6th straight win. Defense was the story in this game. The Rams started things off by injuring Asa Fanning (shocker!) and intercepting Drew Brees. Fortunately, the New Orleans defense also came to play, shutting down Steven Jackson like they never have. The only scoring through the 1st half was a pair of FG's to give the Saints to a 6-0 lead.

In the 2nd half, it was more of the same, but the Saints secondary finally made some plays, intercepting Sam Bradford on the first drive. But the New Orleans offense just couldn't get anything going. Early in the 4th quarter, the Rams put their best drive together, but were held to a FG to cut the lead to 6-3.

Finally breaking through, on the first play from scrimmage, Darren Sproles busted off an 80 yard TD run, breaking a tackle at the Saints 37 yard line, and outrunning everyone else on the field to give New Orleans a 10 point lead with just under five minutes to play. This proved to be the difference as the Rams were forced to go to the air, and Sam Bradford was intercepted for the second time on a 4th and 10 throw trying to keep the drive alive. Great game, lyric! I finally put up a solid defensive showing against Jackson (though he was your leading receiver, haha).

Saints
Drew Brees - 4-8, 64 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT
Darren Sproles - 16 att, 167 yds, 1 TD
Asa Fanning - 5 att, 20 yds
Marques Colston - 3 rec, 49 yds
Roman Harper - 4 tackles, 1 INT

Rams
Sam Bradford - 7-22, 84 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
Steven Jackson - 12 att, 42 yds, 3 rec, 50 yds
Lance Kendricks - 2 rec, 20 yds
James Butler - 5 tackles, 1 INT[/QUOTE]

GG as well. I just couldn't do anything in this one! Your defense has improved dramatically since we played last, and that running game of yours is unstoppable!

I appreciate the kind words, man. From going back and playing in the other league again, defense was like the one area I felt like I had any control over. It took me almost 10 months (and hundreds of games) to figure out, but knowing my luck, it won't carry over to Madden 13 at all, lol. Don't sell your defense short though. I had a hard time getting past your LB's (Laurinaitis in particular) and Sproles breaking that tackle and still having the speed to get away from everybody was luck more than anything. I was worried about giving you the ball back up only 6-3, as I figured I couldn't hold you off the entire game. I'm just lucky to have Sproles as a backup, because Fanning is made of glass (even though he's bigger and stronger). I thought it was funny that he got concussed in this game though. Honestly, as much as he gets hurt, he should retire after this season.

Usually, even if SJ39 is held in check in the first half, I have better luck in the second. Just wasn't happening in this one. Plus, I just can't pass to save my life if my opponent doesn't have to worry about the running game.

Surprise, surprise. Game against the CPU Eagles, Asa Fanning gets injured on the 4th play from scrimmage. Torn hamstring. Out 6 weeks, lol. I really wish I would have looked at the guy's injury rating before I drafted him. His other attributes look so good, it's just silly. 5'8", 208lbs, 94 SPD, 99 AGI, 98 ACC, 88 TRK, 94 ELU, 83 SFA, 91 SPM, 89 JKM, 97 CAR, 52 INJ... :wall:

Luckily, I was smart enough to draft an emergency, emergency speed back so after Sproles, I still don't have to play Pierre Thomas or Willis McGahee, haha.

[quote name='lyric706']PMed campbellbj1, but if I cannot get a hold of him, can you boot so I can play the CPU?[/QUOTE]

Done.

Kinda sucks though as this will be campbell's 3rd game missed. I know he talked about having trouble getting his games in on the weekends, but it just kinda puts us in a sour spot. Obviously, it makes more sense to have a human controlled team in the playoffs rather than a CPU team.

But at the same time, it would be pretty shitty to lose to somebody who just reappears when the games mean something. I know I'd be pissed if it were me. I guess my personal feelings on it are if you're going to blow off several games in a row, you're done playing. Call a spade a spade and be done with it.

For that matter, I'm guessing superstar is done too. I just looked it up and he was supposed to be back from his vacation on 6/11, but has yet to rejoin the league. I wasn't really counting his missed games because I couldn't remember when he was supposed to be back, but this week should definitely put him over the limit as well.

To be clear, I don't mean "don't show 'yer face round here ever again!" Both campbell and superstar have been great assets to this league, and I appreciate all the effort they've put in to keep us going. But I know everybody is mostly done with this game, so it's probably just best to say you're done when you're done, and let the last man standing continue on.

We have advanced to Week 14. In addition to superstar and campbell, doc didn't play his game this week either. That's only his second miss though, so if he wants to finish things out, he still can. Up to him though. The rest of us just gotta keep moving forward.

Week 14 games will be due by 6/27!

hey guys sorry about missing again I totally agree nate I shouldnt be allowed in the playoffs. I will bow out gracefully hopefully we can kick it up again in a few months when madden 13 comes around.

All right, we've advanced to Week 15! It looks like DVO was the only one to not play his game this week. It was his first miss though, so hopefully he doesn't miss his last two games and get forced out of the playoffs on a technicality, haha.

Week 15 games will be due 6/30!

[quote name='Docb9110']Texans cant get a break as the Bears roll through us![/QUOTE]

Hey you're my opponent this week. Send me a PM about when you can play. I should have some time each of the next few days. Early Saturday would be pretty good I think, but tomorrow night may work too.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I hope KasterDB is still controlling the Broncos. A couple of wins by the Broncos against the other AFC North teams and I might still have a shot at the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Took care of the 'Burgh for ya :D

All right, we've advanced to Week 16! DVO missed his game again. I'm guessing everybody is getting worn out at this point. But we're almost done, guys! I appreciate the effort everybody has put in.

Week 16 games will be due by 7/3!

[quote name='KasterDB']Took care of the 'Burgh for ya :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just need them to lose against the CPU now. You can eliminate the Bengals for me next week. Hopefully the Steelers drop a game to the CPU.

Guys in going to bow put gracefully as well. There is no hope that I can see for making the playoffs. I would love to join Again when 13 comes out if it's alright with everyOne?

[quote name='LVPatriots']N8, DVO was MIA, sim it or kick him and I'll play.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. This will be DVO's 3rd straight missed game, so I'm guessing he's basically done. Not sure what your plans are for today, but I'll boot him, and if you can get the game played before tonight, that would be fine. You should at least be afforded the opportunity to play the CPU.

Actually, it looks like Kaster didn't play his CPU game either (neither did doc, but he said he's done). You guys all have today to get those in if you feel like it.

Also, I really hope that in Madden 13, this stuff can be handled from the website (or even the companion app...or was that just for NHL...I can't remember. That would be awesome though). Just being able to boot people/send invites from the website seems like such a simple thing. The 2K games have had it for years. Having to boot up the game every time something needs to be done just feels archaic.

Going to be out of town from tomorrow evening through Sunday afternoon. I'll try to get my Week 17 game in tonight if we advance, if not I should be back to do it by Sunday afternoon.

Just saw that LV was able to get his game in, but it looks like Kaster didn't. That was a CPU game, so no excuses there. I'll advance us now.

Ok, we've advanced to Week 17. Almost done! haha. There is a human vs human game this week (pitfall vs lyric), and Kaster plays Cincinatti, which plays a role in whether Ultimate Matt X gets into the playoffs (assuming he beats New England). So, lets try not to slack on these games this week, guys.

Week 17 games will be due by 7/7!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Ok, we've advanced to Week 17. Almost done! haha. There is a human vs human game this week (pitfall vs lyric), and Kaster plays Cincinatti, which plays a role in whether Ultimate Matt X gets into the playoffs (assuming he beats New England). So, lets try not to slack on these games this week, guys.

Week 17 games will be due by 7/7![/QUOTE]

My fault, completely forgot to check the thread and the game. I'll take care of the Bengals, UMX.

[quote name='KasterDB']My fault, completely forgot to check the thread and the game. I'll take care of the Bengals, UMX.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I beat the Patriots so you taking the Bengals down really ups my chances at winning the division or a wild card.

Quick FYI for Nate:
I had to start the game 3 times. The first was because I forgot to change my playbooks and second was because I lost my connection to those damn EA servers in the middle of the third quarter. So the third time I did get through it. Just wanted to let you know.

PS: UMX, I won, just for you. Cost me Rahim Moore (broken collarbone) so you better be grateful ;)

[quote name='KasterDB']Quick FYI for Nate:
I had to start the game 3 times. The first was because I forgot to change my playbooks and second was because I lost my connection to those damn EA servers in the middle of the third quarter. So the third time I did get through it. Just wanted to let you know.

PS: UMX, I won, just for you. Cost me Rahim Moore (broken collarbone) so you better be grateful ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've got 3 guys out due to injury right now. Fortunately, two of them will be back for the playoffs, but the third suffered a broken collarbone in my last game after being tackled in the endzone on a TD (thanks EA). Luckily, he's not one of my big receivers (though he was the fastest).

The injuries really were awful in Madden 12. Just the fact that they only happened to guys who were making a play...and they had a tendency to always be severe. Instead of "torn hamstring" multiple times a season, can't we just get "bruised leg" or "sore joint". Everything's gotta be some catastrophic multi-week injury. I really hope they've changed that for 13.

bread's done
Back