CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You mean DRotYfPWWAitSS (Defensive Rookie of the Year for Players Who Were Actually in their Second Season)? Way to go! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I won defensive sophomore of the year! Woo! :D

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Absolutely, just look at the list of open teams in the first post and pick one.[/QUOTE]

I tried playing Madden 12 last night (haven't touched a Madden since 2007). Man has everything changed. All the defensive line schemes that used to be on L1 & R1 have been moved to the directional pad. I'm so lost. I couldn't pass for crap.

I think I couldn't even qualify for JV league now I'm so bad.

[quote name='Calipso']I tried playing Madden 12 last night (haven't touched a Madden since 2007). Man has everything changed. All the defensive line schemes that used to be on L1 & R1 have been moved to the directional pad. I'm so lost. I couldn't pass for crap.

I think I couldn't even qualify for JV league now I'm so bad.[/QUOTE]

Well, the league is pretty sparse right now...although the people that are left are pretty experienced. You might take some beatings, but it's really the only way to learn. It's up to you if you want to join. Open teams are listed in the OP.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, the league is pretty sparse right now...although the people that are left are pretty experienced. You might take some beatings, but it's really the only way to learn. It's up to you if you want to join. Open teams are listed in the OP.[/QUOTE]

I'll go ahead and take my favorite team if that's alright. Carolina Panthers. I figured I was really good at Madden from 1998-2007 so maybe I just need to get back into the swing of things.

the cowboys browns game has been setup for friday night time isnt in stone as of yet but we did agree on friday night.

I'd like to get in on this please. I'm not that good by any means and don't understand a lot of it. But if someone is willing to "show me the ropes" I'm all in.

[quote name='Calipso']I'll go ahead and take my favorite team if that's alright. Carolina Panthers. I figured I was really good at Madden from 1998-2007 so maybe I just need to get back into the swing of things.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, man! The Panthers are yours! They play the Seahawks this week (an open team), so feel free to play the CPU whenever you can. The deadline is tomorrow night. I'll PM you the league info so you can join.

[quote name='krashhole']I'd like to get in on this please. I'm not that good by any means and don't understand a lot of it. But if someone is willing to "show me the ropes" I'm all in.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. People in the league are very willing to help. If there are things you have questions about, just ask. For now, feel free to pick a team. There's a list in the OP, and any team with *OPEN* next to them can be chosen.

Awesome. I'll go with the 49ers. CST any evening besides Tuesday nights. Just let me know what I need to do to get set up and I will get it done.

[quote name='krashhole']Awesome. I'll go with the 49ers. CST any evening besides Tuesday nights. Just let me know what I need to do to get set up and I will get it done.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Some NFC West blood (I am the Rams). Anyway, there isn't much to it. Keep up with your schedule, play your games on time and don't be a douche. That's about it!

[quote name='lyric706']Awesome! Some NFC West blood (I am the Rams). Anyway, there isn't much to it. Keep up with your schedule, play your games on time and don't be a douche. That's about it![/QUOTE]Cool deal. I'll leave the douching for the women :)

My game is freezing each time on the loading screen.

Google has provided many sites with people suffering the same thing.

How lucky am I? 5+ years of not buying madden and now my 360 freezes each time I start it up with the silly game.

[quote name='Calipso']My game is freezing each time on the loading screen.

Google has provided many sites with people suffering the same thing.

How lucky am I? 5+ years of not buying madden and now my 360 freezes each time I start it up with the silly game.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried using the Cloud as your storage device? That always loads quicker for me. Also, did you buy the game used? Because it does have that online pass nonsense, of course.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Have you tried using the Cloud as your storage device? That always loads quicker for me. Also, did you buy the game used? Because it does have that online pass nonsense, of course.[/QUOTE]

Bought it brand new. Storage device for Madden set to the HDD.

[quote name='staticz']Try installing it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but it changed nothing.

I went on the EA sports forums for tech support and the same thing is happening to other people.

Glad I only paid $9.99 for a game that freezes. At least I can trade this into GS for $10.

I can't play the game, therefore can't be in the league. Over an hour of total time resetting over and over and nothing but freezing on the loading screen at the beginning.

[quote name='Calipso']Thanks but it changed nothing.

I went on the EA sports forums for tech support and the same thing is happening to other people.

Glad I only paid $9.99 for a game that freezes. At least I can trade this into GS for $10.

I can't play the game, therefore can't be in the league. Over an hour of total time resetting over and over and nothing but freezing on the loading screen at the beginning.[/QUOTE]

I've heard of the problem, but unless there's a defect with the disc, I can't believe the game just wouldn't work at all. But hey, if you want to give up on it, that's up to you. I've had it freeze on me at the title screen a few times (not for a while though). Does it even get to the point where "PRESS START" comes up on the screen? If so, maybe let it sit for 20-30 seconds before pressing start. I'm sure you had to download a title update when you put the game in. Maybe try deleting that (could clear your cache while you're at it) and downloading it again in case something got corrupted. Just depends how much effort you want to put into it, I guess.

That or take the game back and tell them it's defective. They should swap it out with no problem. Or least game stop did when I had a similar problem with another game.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I've heard of the problem, but unless there's a defect with the disc, I can't believe the game just wouldn't work at all. But hey, if you want to give up on it, that's up to you. I've had it freeze on me at the title screen a few times (not for a while though). Does it even get to the point where "PRESS START" comes up on the screen? If so, maybe let it sit for 20-30 seconds before pressing start. I'm sure you had to download a title update when you put the game in. Maybe try deleting that (could clear your cache while you're at it) and downloading it again in case something got corrupted. Just depends how much effort you want to put into it, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Game worked fine on tuesday/wednesday.

The disc itself is brand new and flawless. I went through google and I'm shocked at how many people have this issue.

I guess I never heard much about stuff like this coming from console games.

I let it get to the "press start" screen and let it sit for over 10 minutes. Can't X out to Xbox live dashboard. I have to manually reset it from the button on the console itself.

Try changing your save location to either the cloud or a thumb drive. I had this same exact thing when I bought the game. Seems like Madden gets stuck loading if you have a hard drive with a lot of stuff on it. Clearing the cache and redownloading the update could help too.

[quote name='lyric706']Try changing your save location to either the cloud or a thumb drive. I had this same exact thing when I bought the game. Seems like Madden gets stuck loading if you have a hard drive with a lot of stuff on it. Clearing the cache and redownloading the update could help too.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said, haha. I finally went ahead and moved most of my actual game saves to the cloud (still have DLC, XBLA games, etc on my hard drive), and I was surprised how much I like it. My hard drive is 120gb, with about 9gb free, and it was insane how much faster things loaded from the cloud. I'd definitely try this before just giving up on the game.

you guys don't even understand. I can not GET to the storage options screen in madden. I get to the loading screen with Aaron Rodgers that loads after the video. That's where it freezes. Can't get further than that

All right, guys. We have advanced to Week 3. I guess billymcdugal is done because he didn't play his game again.

Week 3 games will be due by 5/21!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right, guys. We have advanced to Week 3. I guess billymcdugal is done because he didn't play his game again.

Week 3 games will be due by 5/21![/QUOTE]

Ok so I can play the game against the bills CPU? That alright with everyone?

[quote name='Docb9110']Ok so I can play the game against the bills CPU? That alright with everyone?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's fine. No sense waiting since he hasn't posted in the thread in a couple weeks and has missed his first two games.

Played mine against the CPU and got my ass kicked lol. I cannot make a pass stick for the life of me. I think the skins had 5 interceptions on me :|

Ugh...just lost to the CPU Bucs. I tried playing the game last night, and my Xbox froze just after half time (I was losing anyway). This game basically went no different. My defense couldn't tackle for shit. They were getting to Blount in the backfield...and he was breaking tackles and turning them into 20 yard gains. Couple that with Freeman floating some damn nice passes in there, and I just couldn't stop them. It doesn't help when you fumble 3 times either though. I guess I was just supposed to lose this one. 0-3 now...pathetic.

We gonna advance tonight? It would be nice to advance early and so I can get week four and possibly 5 outta the way before the weekend.

We're advanced now. Great job getting these games done, guys! If everyone is ok with me counting today as day 1, we could put the Week 4 deadline at 11:59 PM EST on 5/23.

[quote name='DVO21']hell ya im taking the bucs down this week undefeated no more[/QUOTE]

I'm totally taking partial credit for their record! :D

Hey guys. I have a family emergency that is requiring me to leave town unexpectedly. I will not be able to play this week's game -- or possibly next week's either, depending on the deadline. I expect to be back home Sunday night.

Thanks for understanding.

This was one of the worst games I have encountered yet. Even back when I played Madden 10, I never played against someone who pulled such shitty moves. Makes me not even want to be in this league.

[quote name='krashhole']This was one of the worst games I have encountered yet. Even back when I played Madden 10, I never played against someone who pulled such shitty moves. Makes me not even want to be in this league.[/QUOTE]

Don't make statements like this without explaining what you think "shitty moves" are. You can't just throw inflammatory remarks around without at least explaining what happened.

Sorry I didn't look on on the thread for a little while. I never played my week 4 game but assuming we advance today instead of the 23rd, it will be finished by 8:30 pm eastern.

If not sim it.

[quote name='krashhole']This was one of the worst games I have encountered yet. Even back when I played Madden 10, I never played against someone who pulled such shitty moves. Makes me not even want to be in this league.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Don't make statements like this without explaining what you think "shitty moves" are. You can't just throw inflammatory remarks around without at least explaining what happened.[/QUOTE]

Yes, please explain what "shitty moves" I pulled. I played this game no differently than I've played any game this year. I could've hung 70 or 80 on you, but I chose to be a gentleman. I threw one pass the entire second half, and stopped at a standstill on several runs where I had wide open field in front of me.

Pretty much every time you punted the ball, you ran down to my end and prevented me from catching the ball. I was kept on like 1st and goal over and over. I'm not all that good at the game, but I also don't recall people doing this constantly like you did when I played in a league in Madden 10. Am I doing something wrong here? If so, please explain.

[quote name='krashhole']Pretty much every time you punted the ball, you ran down to my end and prevented me from catching the ball. I was kept on like 1st and goal over and over. I'm not all that good at the game, but I also don't recall people doing this constantly like you did when I played in a league in Madden 10. Am I doing something wrong here? If so, please explain.[/QUOTE]

Wait...so your complaint is that when he punted...he pinned you inside your 10? He kicked it high so he could get down the field by the time the ball got there? That's exactly what teams do in real life. If it's really that close to your endzone, get away from the ball and let it bounce into the endzone so you'll get the ball at the 20. If he's getting there and actually downing (touching) the ball before it goes into the endzone, then he's just making great plays and you should call for a fair catch (Y button) and you have to just deal with the field position. If you're trying to return the ball when he's already on top of you, then that's a poor decision on your part...and yes, you will fumble the ball. You just have to make the smartest play given the situation. But you shouldn't come in here making accusations and claims about someone's character. That's not a great way to get people to help you.

Wow. n8, I'm glad you got here first because you handled that better than I would have.

And just to offer another tip to prove I'm a nice guy: When you're not that good, it's not really a smart idea to try to user-control your CB on the best WR. Stick to trying to bullrush the QB with one of your defensive linemen.

Understandable. I apologize pitfallharry. I don't understand a lot of the game and it was just really frustrating that it kept happening. I realize I need a lot of practice, and help with the game. Because of that, I will continue to play because I need to learn from my mistakes and learn the plays. So again, I apologize for my original comment and hopefully I can earn some pointers from you guys.

[quote name='krashhole']Understandable. I apologize pitfallharry. I don't understand a lot of the game and it was just really frustrating that it kept happening. I realize I need a lot of practice, and help with the game. Because of that, I will continue to play because I need to learn from my mistakes and learn the plays. So again, I apologize for my original comment and hopefully I can earn some pointers from you guys.[/QUOTE]

No, there's no harm. Yours was far, FAR from the worst rants these leagues have seen. :)

I could imagine man. I'm really not one to make posts like I did. I think between the aggravation and being nearly 3am, it was inevitable. I was never into many sports be it watching or actually playing because I was raised by a mom who worked 2 jobs and a grandmother. Neither watched sports or involved me in any, so it pretty much stuck with me well into my OLD adult life. I do watch Baseball and Football occasionally when it's on, but again, I don't understand most of it. I am into car racing more than anything else. But hell, I haven't even been able to keep up with that the last couple years :|

[quote name='pitfallharry219']No, there's no harm. Yours was far, FAR from the worst rants these leagues have seen. :)[/QUOTE]

Poor pitfall has drawn the brunt of ire from more than one knucklehead 'round these parts. ;)

Ok, we've advanced to Week 5. The Giants game was the only one holding us up since lyric had to go out of town unexpectedly. With the way things have been going with Madden fatigue around CAG, I think it's best if we just try to power through this season. Week 5 games will be due 5/26!

bread's done
Back