CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

[quote name='KasterDB']I have two wide outs injured for the next few weeks. Can I pick someone up so I have 4 receivers again?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that should be fine. 4 receivers is probably a good minimum.

playing the computer and have been kicked from 3 games again the last one i was in the 4th quarter up 31-3 second game was 24-10 i was up in the 3rd quarter and in the first game it was 41- 21 and got kicked in the 3rd quarter so frustrating just hope one of these time it lets me finish my games prolly go for game four later on tonight

Finished up my week with yet another loss. Or should I say, a straight up beat down on my candy ass LOL. I do not understand football for the life of me. I think you guys would have a better match against the CPU haha.

[quote name='krashhole']Finished up my week with yet another loss. Or should I say, a straight up beat down on my candy ass LOL. I do not understand football for the life of me. I think you guys would have a better match against the CPU haha.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad dude I just lost to a 1-3 Colts CPU team.

[quote name='DVO21']have we advanced yet and is the stat page updated just curious[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we've advanced. I'll try to update the stats site in a bit.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I plan on playing all my games, so don't worry about me.[/QUOTE]

...and hasn't played his last two CPU games, lol.

Stats site should be updated now.

Kaster, when would you like to play our Saints vs Broncos game? I can do any time today before 9 PM EST. or tomorrow pretty much any time.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Stats site should be updated now.

Kaster, when would you like to play our Saints vs Broncos game? I can do any time today before 9 PM EST. or tomorrow pretty much any time.[/QUOTE]

Let's say tomorrow at 5 eastern?

Hey Nate doc and I were supposed to play at 5 today but he had something come up he told me to go ahead and play the comp. But I need him booted.
Anyone wanna sub for the texans?

I am going on Vacation tomorrow right after work. I should be back on June 11th. I am going to leave the league so it's easier to find subs\people playing the CPU. Just wanted to give a heads up.

If you guys go to the franchise page on the EA website (link is in OP) you can see your schedule there as well.

[quote name='campbellbj1']Nate the stats page says "sync stats". I cant even see my schedule.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I did that, and it said it went through. But now, I just did it again, and it said "Games played since last sync: 90". It appears that it's working now though, as I was just able to pull up the power rankings. Hopefully that takes care of it. Kinda surprised so many people still care about it this late in the franchise though, haha.

Wow...really? The battle of the top two teams in the league...Packers vs Vikings didn't get played? What's going on here guys? I was about to advance the league, but I'll hold off if there's at least been some communication and something is planned. Also, it looks like doc hasn't rejoined since he had to be booted last week. This thing has to keep moving forward, so let's get this sorted out asap.

Wow...really? The battle of the top two teams in the league...Packers vs Vikings didn't get played? What's going on here guys? I was about to advance the league, but I'll hold off if there's at least been some communication and something is planned. Also, it looks like doc hasn't rejoined since he had to be booted last week. This thing has to keep moving forward, so let's get this sorted out asap.

Sorry, nate. There has been no communication and nothing is planned. I've been fighting respiratory and ear infections for the past week and haven't been on much at all. I could play tonight if campbell can, but otherwise I'm fine with a sim.

Sorry Nate I was out all weekend didn't realize I missed a deadline. I guess we got simmed. Sorry Pitfall I was really looking forward to this game too. I guess we will have to wait till next battle. Hope you start feeling better.

Ok, well, we've advanced to Week 8. Strikes are being given to those who didn't get their game in just to keep things fair. Obviously, one strike isn't a big deal, and I don't expect it to become a problem from any of you. Just prodedure, at this point. The Vikings got the sim win over the Packers, 20-17. And the Texans got a sim win over the Chiefs, 13-10.

Week 8 games will be due by 6/6!

Week 7 Summary

Power Rankings
1. Minnesota Vikings
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Denver Broncos
4. Chicago Bears
5. Dallas Cowboys

Offensive Player of the Week
Jonathan Stewart, DAL - 14 att, 170 yds, 3 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Brent Grimes, ATL - 6 tackles, 2 INTs

[quote name='Docb9110']Sent a pm and posted here. Nothing so far[/QUOTE]

Superstar posted this a week ago in the other league:

[quote name='Superstar']I am going on Vacation tomorrow right after work. I should be back on June 11th. I am going to leave the league so it's easier to find subs\people playing the CPU. Just wanted to give a heads up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Superstar posted this a week ago in the other league:[/QUOTE]

He also posted it in here

[quote name='KasterDB']He also posted it in here[/QUOTE]

Well then I'm the dope here! Lol ill play it now.

He Actually Didnt leave the league. Nate can you kik superstar out so I can play?

[quote name='Docb9110']Well then I'm the dope here! Lol ill play it now.

He Actually Didnt leave the league. Nate can you kik superstar out so I can play?[/QUOTE]

Done.

In case anyone is wondering, we have advanced to Week 9. The only game that didn't get played was the 49ers vs Dolphins game. So, krashhole gets a strike for that one. Not sure why he didn't play the CPU. Hope he's not losing interest already.

Week 9 games will be due by 6/9!

I did not play my game, either, so you have to give me a strike as well. Hadn't been on here in a few days and thought I had tonight to get it in ...

[quote name='lyric706']I did not play my game, either, so you have to give me a strike as well. Hadn't been on here in a few days and thought I had tonight to get it in ...[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't catch that one. Thanks for being honest. You ended up losing to Buffalo anyway, so really...that should be punishment enough, lol. But yeah, we don't want anybody in the habit of not playing their games.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']In case anyone is wondering, we have advanced to Week 9. The only game that didn't get played was the 49ers vs Dolphins game. So, krashhole gets a strike for that one. Not sure why he didn't play the CPU. Hope he's not losing interest already.

Week 9 games will be due by 6/9![/QUOTE]I haven't been online lately so it totally slipped by me. Far as interest, I have really been trying to get this madden thing down, but it just isn't working. As you can see by my stats, I'm clearly not doing something right. Half my passes get intercepted, the others just hit the ground. It's frustrating as hell, but I will finish it out and then I'm done with it. Unless by some miracle I can actually start making my plays work, I won't be picking up Madden 13.

[quote name='krashhole']I haven't been online lately so it totally slipped by me. Far as interest, I have really been trying to get this madden thing down, but it just isn't working. As you can see by my stats, I'm clearly not doing something right. Half my passes get intercepted, the others just hit the ground. It's frustrating as hell, but I will finish it out and then I'm done with it. Unless by some miracle I can actually start making my plays work, I won't be picking up Madden 13.[/QUOTE]

The biggest advice I can give you is to start small. Find a few plays that work, and learn them. Because of the way the AI hawks the middle of the field, passing can be very risky. Learn what routes your receivers run and at what point in that route they will be open depending on if the defense is in zone or man coverage (if they're pressing, it will also affect this). Learn to use your TE's. You've got Vernon Davis. Use him.

For running the ball, find what type of plays work for you. Some people like tosses to the outside, some people like running off tackle, some go straight up the gut. With Frank Gore, you should have a reasonable amount of options. I'm pretty sure most of your team is in tact, so play some offline games and try different plays to see how your offensive line blocks (in Madden 13, you'll be able to do actual practices with your franchise team...which is long overdue). When you find things you like, make note of them and incorporate them into your league games.

Madden definitely isn't a game you learn in a couple weeks. If you just use the plays the game suggests for you, you're going to have a hard time because you won't always know what each player is (or should) be doing. It's all about familiarity. When you're just starting out, it's even reasonable to be a one trick pony. Everybody has to start somewhere. Work on beating the CPU and go from there.

It can be daunting to think about how many years most people have been playing this game (which has largely gone unchanged) and how far ahead of you they are. But you can get there. It's just going to take time, patience, and a desire to improve. Honestly, you're in the best place you could be for that though. There aren't many places online where people will openly discuss their strategies and tell you what works and what doesn't work. Madden seems to make people act very funny in that regard.

Week 8 Summary

Power Rankings
1. Green Bay Packers
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Denver Broncos
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. New York Giants

Offensive Player of the Week
Adrian Peterson, MIN - 24 att, 363 yds, 2 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
LaRon Landry, WAS - 9 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF

All right, after that prolonged delay, we have advanced to Week 10. 49ers didn't play their game, but as he said, he's losing interest. Seems like both leagues are crawling to the finish, lol. Let's at least get there, guys!

Week 10 games will be due by 6/13!

hey if the 49ers owner is leaving can i go ahead and play my game so i can get it out of the way since i will be gone tuesday wed. thursday. also nate i play u next week so just a heads up to let u know we should try and set that up before i go so we are both clear on when i get back when we will play our game since u and i both have families we both have to plan ahead to make things work out better

also if the niners guys is out i need him booted so i can play my game just pm me wut to do when u get this nate plz and thank u

Sorry guys. I won't be able to play anymore. Between my console going back to MS today and searching for employment, I will have to ask to be booted from the league. Thanks for the opportunity to play in the league, and for the help. Maybe once I get my console back and things settle down, I will get some more practice in.

bread's done
Back