CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

[quote name='Javery']I don't know. I think you are asking for an injury if you are trying to do all that stuff so fast. You are going at a rate of almost 1 rep per second! I'm also pretty sure I'm in shape even though I don't think I could pass the first test. I'm going through Insanity for a second time in a row and my endurance is ridiculous but I'm just not as strong as I used to be when I was lifting.[/QUOTE]

It is more of a self measurement tool than anything. With practice, it really is not that hard. I thought 20 pull ups was way out of my league 2 years ago, now I can do 30+ with ease. All the movements are body weight, so if someone get hurts doing this, then they are overweight with poor joints or injury prone and need to seriously get a physical.

Prove yourself wrong. It can be done.

[quote name='TheRock88']5'6

Thanks for the complements guys.

J-cart, I think I'm done with trying to get down to 135 unless I either bump up my routine (which is 30 minutes of non stop cardio followed up with 50 pushups and 50 crunches, which I dont think I have the time to do cause of work and school) or I'd have to lower my daily calorie intake even more (currently hovering around 1500 calories a day excluding the calories burned from exercising). Plus I got some people saying that I already look skinny enough and I shouldnt go any lower.[/QUOTE]

If you are contempt, then change up your routine to maintain. If you are not, then keep going. Only you can make that choice. People said I looked great at 180lbs, I stopped, listened to them and found myself in a rut. It taught me something, DO WHAT YOU WANT, not what others want.

I don't lift for others, I lift for myself. Lift for self improvement, not for social quality. Lift with a self purpose and you will know what kind of dedication it takes to complete goals. It is your choice to make, not mine or others.

Tuesday Weigh-In

Height: 6'0
Starting Weight (4/23): 190.0 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: 189.8 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 187.8 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -2.0 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -2.2 lbs
Goal weight (175 lbs): 12.8 lbs to go

Man, going from 250 to 190 was so much easier than 190 to 175...I think I'm experiencing that 'rut' J-Cart is talking about. I definately need a change of routine. I mean, I can increase my cardio all I want, but I feel like utter garbage after...when do the endorphines that make you feel good kick in!??!! :lol:

This weekend is going to be hard to stick to the diet. It's my daughters Holy Communion party and I'm Italian...now anyone who's seen The Godfather 2 knows what to expect..."Can-o-peas" my ass, that's chopped liver on a Ritz Cracker! The plan for this week it to hit the cardio hard. We might not get to play hoops this week, so I'm probably going to do a 40 minute walk on a 5-7.5 incline on Tues/Thurs. Wednesday will be 40 mins on the stepper, 20 on the eliptical and 85 crunches. Friday is my usual 5K run.

FWIW, I did 3 pullups yesterday at the gym for fun. I stopped because I didn't want to get too ripped. ;)

Nice work everyone on thier routines...keep it up!

You are under valuing the awesomeness of pull ups. Start them now and everything will come together. Who cares if you can bench 315lbs if you can't even do 15 pull ups?
Not to be a dick, but who cares if you can do 15 pull ups and can't bench 315? :p
This weekend is going to be hard to stick to the diet. It's my daughters Holy Communion party and I'm Italian...now anyone who's seen The Godfather 2 knows what to expect..."Can-o-peas" my ass, that's chopped liver on a Ritz Cracker! The plan for this week it to hit the cardio hard. We might not get to play hoops this week, so I'm probably going to do a 40 minute walk on a 5-7.5 incline on Tues/Thurs. Wednesday will be 40 mins on the stepper, 20 on the eliptical and 85 crunches. Friday is my usual 5K run.
Oh jeez, good luck keeping under 188 after this weekend :D Just enjoy yourself though, don't focus on all the calories coming in :)

[quote name='j-cart']It is more of a self measurement tool than anything. With practice, it really is not that hard. I thought 20 pull ups was way out of my league 2 years ago, now I can do 30+ with ease. All the movements are body weight, so if someone get hurts doing this, then they are overweight with poor joints or injury prone and need to seriously get a physical.

Prove yourself wrong. It can be done.[/QUOTE]

Oh... I don't think doing a lot of pull-ups would lead to injury. I think that racing to do an arbitrary amount of all that stuff in under 5 minutes is what could get you hurt. As long as your form is good you should be OK but when I rush I tend to lose good form.

[quote name='Number83']Man, going from 250 to 190 was so much easier than 190 to 175...[/QUOTE]

+100000 to this. You are still making progress though as far as the weight loss goes so you are on the right track. If you are serious about losing that extra bit of weight (and I know you are) I definitely recommend trying Insanity - you don't have to stick to their ridiculous schedule but if you do a full workout every other day I promise you will see really good results. It is tough but it works.

I'm "stuck" at 180 right now. I'm not sure how to lose those last 5 lbs. I do a regular insanity workout + an insanity ab workout + 20 minutes of weights (mostly curls and traps/shoulders because I don't think insanity hits that enough) + 25 minutes on the elliptical. I do this 4 times a week.

I think I need to attack my diet somehow in order to get where I want to be. I definitely have room for improvement there but I don't subscribe to torturing myself with an unsustainable diet to get down to 175 for a few weeks and inevitably go off the rails. I have a VERY hard time between the hours of 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. I tend to eat some pretzels or a few granola bars to curb my appetite. From the morning until around that time I eat great - egg whites + slice of ham + cup of fruit for breakfast and a ham sandwich with LT and a small bag of BBQ Baked Lays for lunch. Any suggestions on some afternoon snacks that won't kill my day? No nuts - I can't control myself with those.

If you need something crunchy you could always peel/cut some carrots to snack on, broccoli works, or peppers. Otherwise Hummus and pita ships, peas, or things along those lines would work.

Eat more fresh fruit instead. A serving might not last more than a couple hours, but they're negligible in the calorie dept, heathier, and keep you regular.

edit. Celery works good tooin addition to troy'd suggestions.

[quote name='perdition(troy']If you need something crunchy you could always peel/cut some carrots to snack on, broccoli works, or peppers. Otherwise Hummus and pita ships, peas, or things along those lines would work.[/QUOTE]

I also like fresh Snap Peas for a crunchy alternative, sometimes ill crack a bit of Sea Salt over them for a small snack. Also Cucumbers and I also buy Lightly Salted Roasted Edamame which is great for protein.

It's been a long time since I last posted, but I'm still going. If anyone needs a loseit buddy, I'm jbrun85.

Update:
Height: 5'6"
Starting Date: 3/6
Starting Weight: 200.4
Current Weight: 189.6
Total Loss: 10.8

I've really been doing mostly Wii Fit and Dance Central 2. I also started playing Disc Golf last week... anyone else into this? It's fun and a good way to walk/hike.

Mostly have stuck to my calorie plan but I do go over and under sometimes. (This weekend we went to a restaurant and did a 1 pound hot dog. It was HUGE.)

Hello, haven't posted here in awhile so thought I'd post a status update.
Height: 5'8"
Starting weight: 175 (jan of 2011)
Current: 140

Back in march I actually got down to 131 but I just couldn't sustain it. I was always tired, lethargic, and oftentimes dizzy. I feel I wasn't eating enough. I don't have an eating disorder but on my quest to find the perfect amount of calories I may have went too far.

Now I started insanity (into my third week) and having even been dieting strictly at all and while my weight hasn't been going down much, coupled with cardio several times a week and three to four days of lifting I seem to be leaning out... and that's with eating junk. Not going to diet again until I get to go to some grad parties later this month I'd rather commit to it in earnest. My biggest goal is to get my cardio back up so by the time I'm ready to diet I'll have already laid the groundwork.

[quote name='Number83']Tuesday Weigh-In

Height: 6'0
Starting Weight (4/23): 190.0 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: 189.8 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 187.8 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -2.0 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -2.2 lbs
Goal weight (175 lbs): 12.8 lbs to go

Man, going from 250 to 190 was so much easier than 190 to 175...I think I'm experiencing that 'rut' J-Cart is talking about. I definately need a change of routine. I mean, I can increase my cardio all I want, but I feel like utter garbage after...when do the endorphines that make you feel good kick in!??!! :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Keep it up. This "rut" is going to be tough because the closer you get to your target weight, the less mass you actually have to lose. This is where your diet becomes a routine and not a diet anymore. It will take time and failure for you to see how your body reacts to the lifestyle change.

I've learn to purposely keep my weight at 170-173lbs because it allows me to still eat an In-n-Out burger every now and then. But when I want to, I can drop 5-8 pounds no problem in 2 weeks by going vegetarian. I usually become a green eater only every 2 months, just to prevent myself from tipping over the edge.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Not to be a dick, but who cares if you can do 15 pull ups and can't bench 315?[/QUOTE]

Because 315lb bench is something that not everyone is capable of doing. 15 pull ups is something EVERYONE is capable of doing, you just haven't committed yourself to it. No need to be a dick, prove yourself wrong and start working on those pull ups.

Learn to love the pull up bar, this guy does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7-SO7TsoE

[quote name='jbrun85']It's been a long time since I last posted, but I'm still going. If anyone needs a loseit buddy, I'm jbrun85.

Update:
Height: 5'6"
Starting Date: 3/6
Starting Weight: 200.4
Current Weight: 189.6
Total Loss: 10.8

I've really been doing mostly Wii Fit and Dance Central 2. I also started playing Disc Golf last week... anyone else into this? It's fun and a good way to walk/hike.

Mostly have stuck to my calorie plan but I do go over and under sometimes. (This weekend we went to a restaurant and did a 1 pound hot dog. It was HUGE.)[/QUOTE]

Great loss so far. Disc Golf is amazingly fun and simple outside sport. Keep up the walking/hiking, by far the best starting point to losing weight. It is okay to indulge every now and then, but never over do it. Self discipline is the lesson here, learn from it and always seek improvement.

[quote name='Rumors']Hello, haven't posted here in awhile so thought I'd post a status update.
Height: 5'8"
Starting weight: 175 (jan of 2011)
Current: 140

Back in march I actually got down to 131 but I just couldn't sustain it. I was always tired, lethargic, and oftentimes dizzy. I feel I wasn't eating enough. I don't have an eating disorder but on my quest to find the perfect amount of calories I may have went too far.

Now I started insanity (into my third week) and having even been dieting strictly at all and while my weight hasn't been going down much, coupled with cardio several times a week and three to four days of lifting I seem to be leaning out... and that's with eating junk. Not going to diet again until I get to go to some grad parties later this month I'd rather commit to it in earnest. My biggest goal is to get my cardio back up so by the time I'm ready to diet I'll have already laid the groundwork.[/QUOTE]

That tired feeling is from the lack of calories. When you are putting together a cardio program, makes sure you are taking in fuel, complex carbs. Check out this list so that you get an idea of what you need: http://www.livestrong.com/article/27398-list-complex-carbohydrates-foods/

It is tough to maintain a lower weight, for one, it most likely might be under your natural body weight. If you can just hover 5-6 pounds around it, then it should be easy to go back and forth in your weight. Not everyone's body is designed to have six pack abs 24/7/365.

[quote name='perdition(troy']That dudes gyno is so bad.[/QUOTE]

That's not gyno. I believe real gyno is when you actually have breast tissue. There are guys with man boobs or pecs that don't have gyno.

So I wasn't the only one who thought he had giant boobs? Whew.

Gym was good this morning - I was going to try some pullups but there were dudes using the machine so I couldn't.

Tried out mapmyrun.com yesterday because I wanted to find out what way around town would equal 3.5 miles. Picked a good path and walked it in 55 minutes. It was a good burn and I hope I can start running most of it soon. I keep working on my breathing and cardio, but I was out of shape for soooo long that I get gassed after running about 3 blocks.

I officially started using the Power 90 program last night. I am comitted to using it 6 days a week and sticking to my low calorie, high protein diet. I am 194.9 as of this morning, so I should hopefully be checking back in with great results from this point on. It's taken me awhile to get to this point. I started losing weight about 6 months ago and have lost about 38 lbs so far. I'm glad school is over until August so I can really focus on my exercise and diet routine.

Where's your weight at today perdition(troy? We still close, lol?

[quote name='perdition(troy']That dudes gyno is so bad.[/QUOTE]

Just very erect nipples. But I don't want you to comment about his chest, I want to you see how simple it is for him to move his body on the pull up bar. He has that body from just body workouts, no weights. 20 pull ups to him is a joke.

[quote name='seanr1221']That's not gyno. I believe real gyno is when you actually have breast tissue. There are guys with man boobs or pecs that don't have gyno.[/QUOTE]

Real gyno looks like a pair of sagging tits.

[quote name='Javery']Gym was good this morning - I was going to try some pullups but there were dudes using the machine so I couldn't.[/QUOTE]

Just work in while they are resting. And if you plan to do that counter weight machine to help you do pull ups, don't. Just go for hang time if you can't do that many. Counter-weight is counter productive, it doesn't help. Gym etiquette says you can hop into their workout as long as you are doing the same thing. People at the gym are not your enemy, they are your greatest allies, they are your spotters, they are your mental boosters, and they are your gym friends.

[quote name='Habbler']Tried out mapmyrun.com yesterday because I wanted to find out what way around town would equal 3.5 miles. Picked a good path and walked it in 55 minutes. It was a good burn and I hope I can start running most of it soon. I keep working on my breathing and cardio, but I was out of shape for soooo long that I get gassed after running about 3 blocks.[/QUOTE]

Great job on finding a path. If three blocks in your max, then on the last three blocks of your walk, run it. Week 1= last 3 blocks, week 2= last 4 blocks and so on and so forth. Set your goals and commit to it. The burn and soreness will be there for the first two weeks, then it gets easier, somewhat.

[quote name='mightymek']I officially started using the Power 90 program last night. I am comitted to using it 6 days a week and sticking to my low calorie, high protein diet. I am 194.9 as of this morning, so I should hopefully be checking back in with great results from this point on. It's taken me awhile to get to this point. I started losing weight about 6 months ago and have lost about 38 lbs so far. I'm glad school is over until August so I can really focus on my exercise and diet routine.

Where's your weight at today perdition(troy? We still close, lol?[/QUOTE]

Careful trying to do 6 days of workouts on a low calorie diet. It will take you some time and practice, but you need to make sure you are always getting your proper fuel intake. August is 4 months away, plenty of time to make a change. Commit yourself to your goal(s), use this thread as a log or something, just don't stop short.

I would like to also say that the mindset of this thread needs to change a bit. We are here to encourage people to take up a healthy lifestyle and give them the much needed mental boost to get them to their goals. Making comments on physical looks isn't encouraging, it is nitpicking on trivial details. I make aggressive comments not your looks, age or weight, only to you plans and goals. Why? Because I have been there. I've been to the point where my waist length was close to 40, I been there and I never want to go back. The workout isn't easy and I have failed more times that I have succeeded.

Friends look at me now and wonder why I wasn't here before. I was ignorant, but I have learned and I want to make sure everyone gets their chance. I push pull ups aggressively because it is the biggest and simplest way to make a quick change. Being able to see yourself change in a matter of weeks is a HUGE ego boost. I want everyone to experience that. I want everyone here to realize that it just takes time, mistakes and commitment to pursue self improvement. All that negative energy can stay elsewhere, this is a home to positive encouragement and improvement.

[quote name='j-cart']Just work in while they are resting. And if you plan to do that counter weight machine to help you do pull ups, don't. Just go for hang time if you can't do that many. Counter-weight is counter productive, it doesn't help. Gym etiquette says you can hop into their workout as long as you are doing the same thing. People at the gym are not your enemy, they are your greatest allies, they are your spotters, they are your mental boosters, and they are your gym friends.[/quote]

There were 3 guys rotating in with no down time so I didn't want to bother them. I've been working out for 15+ years (although I've only been at my current gym for 1.5 years) so I'm comfortable working in and stuff. I still don't have any friends at this place though which is a little weird - I knew almost everyone at my old gym which made it fun but less productive probably.

Good to know about the counter weight pull-up machine - I gave that a look but decided to do some rows instead.

[quote name='j-cart']I would like to also say that the mindset of this thread needs to change a bit. We are here to encourage people to take up a healthy lifestyle and give them the much needed mental boost to get them to their goals. Making comments on physical looks isn't encouraging, it is nitpicking on trivial details. I make aggressive comments not your looks, age or weight, only to you plans and goals. Why? Because I have been there. I've been to the point where my waist length was close to 40, I been there and I never want to go back. The workout isn't easy and I have failed more times that I have succeeded.

Friends look at me now and wonder why I wasn't here before. I was ignorant, but I have learned and I want to make sure everyone gets their chance. I push pull ups aggressively because it is the biggest and simplest way to make a quick change. Being able to see yourself change in a matter of weeks is a HUGE ego boost. I want everyone to experience that. I want everyone here to realize that it just takes time, mistakes and commitment to pursue self improvement. All that negative energy can stay elsewhere, this is a home to positive encouragement and improvement.[/QUOTE]

I think this thread has been very positive so I'm not sure where this is coming from. Also, people have different goals - for me personally I'd trade the ability to bench 225 for a six-pack and not think twice about it. I love how working out makes me feel but the validation is when I look in the mirror and I don't see a fat guy staring back. The health benefits are the side effect for me.

Fairly new to the thread, so yes I'm sure I came off very aggressive.

If health benefits are the side effect Javery, look into the V-Diet. For pure looks it works, for anything else it is a train wreck with a 15 car pile up in the middle of it. From my years of working out, I have learned that a six pack comes purely down to your eating habits. Each person has a different body type, some are able to figure it out right away and others it takes years before they get what they want.

Regardless of the amount of time it takes, it takes the individual commitment and practice. I've learn to veg out every now and then just to maintain a flat stomach and to maintain a healthy green diet.

It's Wednesday hump day, if you are like me, then you already have half your work out done for the week :D

I just looked up the V-Diet - nothing but protein shakes??? No thanks. I do wish I could figure out the best diet for me that would result in a six-pack though. Something where I'm not hungry all the time and something relatively easy to follow. I'll eat just about anything.

I'll second what Javery said. This thread has been a positive place and full of support.

I will check out that diet in a bit. My iPhone is dying.

Finally had a chance to read about this "Velocity diet" from the official website.

http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_o...city/velocity_diet_30#the-diet/prepare-to-win

Reads like a sales pitch. The red, flashing light of the entire pitch is:

"Your initial — and wholly logical — response is probably something like this: 'I bet I can do this diet without using BIOTEST® supplements.'

Maybe, but the end result wouldn't be a body transformation. Instead, you'd look pretty much like you do now, only smaller and, well, baggier. Unfortunately, when faced with a caloric deficit, the body likes to 'eat up' its own muscle rather than surrender its stored fat."

I think a "diet" is garbage if they force you to a.) use supplements, and b.) use their specific brand of supplements.

And always keep in mind: Supplements are unregulated.

Here is a tweet I sent to help guide someone new to supplements:

"Now, I get all of my protein from food, and have done so even before TRT. The only supplements I entertain are a.) Animal Pak, which is a multi, and b.) Animal Flex, for joint support. But, if you must, I recommend 1.) getting a shaker, and 2.) looking into Arizona Nutritional Sciences and Sequel Naturals. Healthy, effective, and most importantly, clean protein powders. I recommend avoiding anything filled with creatine. Creatine is terrible. Temporary gains of which people will retain little. Always—always—do research. Some expensive brands, like Optimum, use crap like coffee creamer in their products. Supplements are unregulated, and companies like TwinLab put out products with insane amounts of sugar to trick people into thinking their products work."

Fitness is easy. 1.) Know what you're consuming and realize everything you eat matters, and 2.) Exercise often and push your limits. It's that simple. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll second what Javery said. This thread has been a positive place and full of support.I will check out that diet in a bit. My iPhone is dying.
Thirded? Lol. But ya, I've found this topic to be a really nice place to post gains, get tips, and view others progress to help feed my own.
Where's your weight at today perdition(troy? We still close, lol?
I think I'm under you by a couple pounds, but I'm not doing my next weigh in until next week. I just decided to do a 2 week weigh in this time instead of a one week to try to see how my progress goes without a weekly weigh in. Hopefully I'll surprise myself in a good way :) We should be pretty close still though.

I just dont get it...I weighed myself today because I was concerned that I was eating too many pretzels instead of regular meals, and I've lost 2 lbs since Tuesday. That puts me at 185.

This is the part I don't get...I'm still wearing 34's, and I still have a gut. My arms, legs, neck, chest all look lean...my arms actually look like skin and bones if I hold them straight out. It's actually gross, according to my wife. I tried getting into 32's and they are just too tight. It's like I've lost inches everywhere except my midsection since 15 lbs ago.

I wonder if the pretzels are causing me to be bloated or if I need some Gas-X or something. I don't want to do it, but I am so frustrated right now I may just run another 7 miles.

83 - how old are you? It all sucks after about age 33 or 34. I'm 37 and losing the gut is so freaking hard and frustrating.

[quote name='Number83']I just dont get it...I weighed myself today because I was concerned that I was eating too many pretzels instead of regular meals, and I've lost 2 lbs since Tuesday. That puts me at 185.

This is the part I don't get...I'm still wearing 34's, and I still have a gut. My arms, legs, neck, chest all look lean...my arms actually look like skin and bones if I hold them straight out. It's actually gross, according to my wife. I tried getting into 32's and they are just too tight. It's like I've lost inches everywhere except my midsection since 15 lbs ago.

I wonder if the pretzels are causing me to be bloated or if I need some Gas-X or something. I don't want to do it, but I am so frustrated right now I may just run another 7 miles.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the gut is usually the last to go especially as you get older. If I remember correctly, weren't you counting calories, running, and b-ball? You might want to put some weights into that mix to build some mass, which would help with proportions.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I've tried getting him to lift dohdough, weights just aren't his thing :p[/quote]
Ah ok. I think even body weight exercises would go a long way in helping if someone had spaghetti arms.

Ps 83, take the prune juice challenge.
HAHAHA...not everyone is as manly as you, dude.

[quote name='Number83']I just dont get it...I weighed myself today because I was concerned that I was eating too many pretzels instead of regular meals, and I've lost 2 lbs since Tuesday. That puts me at 185.

I wonder if the pretzels are causing me to be bloated or if I need some Gas-X or something. I don't want to do it, but I am so frustrated right now I may just run another 7 miles.[/QUOTE]

The stomach area for guys is the hardest to lose weight and also the easiest to gain weight. Diet and eating habits is how you will slim down your stomach area. Slowing down on the pretzels will help.

Weighed myself for the first time in months. Been trying to gain weight, but I've actually lost about 5 lbs. My lifts haven't suffered (making steady gains) and my physique has improved, but still...

Increased the calorie intake a bit more. Up to ~3500 now.

I have a friend who is in really good shape who has offered to work with me this summer on working out and dieting to help me lose weight and body fat. He is strongly suggesting that I take Hydroxycut along with the diet and exercise.

Are products like this safe? Or do you suggest a different product?

[quote name='wrestlerLAW']I have a friend who is in really good shape who has offered to work with me this summer on working out and dieting to help me lose weight and body fat. He is strongly suggesting that I take Hydroxycut along with the diet and exercise.

Are products like this safe? Or do you suggest a different product?[/QUOTE]
Uhhh...stay the hell away from products like Hydroycut. Like as far away as you can. There is simply no shortcut to fitness without serious consequences.

Having a good diet and working out/exercising is all you really need.

[quote name='Javery']83 - how old are you? It all sucks after about age 33 or 34. I'm 37 and losing the gut is so freaking hard and frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I'll be 40 in September. The first time I dropped 70 lbs a few years ago, I was in 32's by the time I hit 190. Seems like it isnt budging this time. What has me mad is all the 32's in my closet and lack of 34's...I do have 38's and 40's so I'm hobo cinching them. :D

[quote name='dohdough']Yeah, the gut is usually the last to go especially as you get older. If I remember correctly, weren't you counting calories, running, and b-ball? You might want to put some weights into that mix to build some mass, which would help with proportions.[/QUOTE]

Im doing Weight Watchers and strictly Cardio and B-Ball. But...

[quote name='perdition(troy']I've tried getting him to lift dohdough, weights just aren't his thing :p [/QUOTE]

This! :lol: I wish I knew how to lift properly. Like what's a 'Dip'?

[quote name='perdition(troy'] Ps 83, take the prune juice challenge.[/QUOTE]

I was in the juice aisle at Target and I saw the Sunsweet and thought about it. :D But I was sacred!

[quote name='dohdough']Ah ok. I think even body weight exercises would go a long way in helping if someone had spaghetti arms. [/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm wirey! ;)

[quote name='dohdough']HAHAHA...not everyone is as manly as you, dude.[/QUOTE]

Troof!

[quote name='j-cart']The stomach area for guys is the hardest to lose weight and also the easiest to gain weight. Diet and eating habits is how you will slim down your stomach area. Slowing down on the pretzels will help.[/QUOTE]

I should mention the pretzels aren't made with Enriched Wheat...it's these Pretzel Crisps...and I'm still within my alloted points so it's not like I'm OD'ing on them. Im just eating them instead of regular meals. :oops:

[quote name='Javery']Damn I'm jealous. Drink some protein shakes between meals.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I'm getting plenty of protein already.

I need something that's calorie dense. It's getting hard to simply eat at this point, so I'm probably going to eat more nuts, particularly almonds. I eat lots of peanut butter already, and almonds have even more healthy fat and vitamin E.

[quote name='Number83']
This! :lol: I wish I knew how to lift properly. Like what's a 'Dip'?
[/QUOTE]
Start with the basics. Squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, rows and/or chin-ups and pull-ups. Those will hit just about every muscle in your body. After a while you can start changing things up a bit. Make sure you're always using proper form, and watch your body transform.

And one of the easiest ways to see how to properly do ____ lift is either ask an attendant at your gym, or just check out some tutorials on YouTube. Start really light, and go from there if you really plan on lifting.

I saw this thread back in January an started using the app the week of Jan 30th and since then I've lost and kept off 15lbs. I've been pretty fit for the past couple years, but I've never been good when it came to controlling my diet. Now I don't have to stress about being in my weight range if I get the commission I applied for with the military. Thanks!

15lbs. is solid. Nice job!

So the number of the day for me is.... 4! I can do 4 pull-ups. Now, I did them after Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs (over an hour of hell) and 6 sets of curls. Still, even 1 pull-up was very difficult.

Thanks!

Ugh, I hate pull ups I can do 4-5 and I'm trying to motivate myself to push and do more. I did Insanity for a couple weeks last year before stopping for some reason or another. I think I'm going to start it back up again.

I love Insanity. I'm on my third month (although I don't follow their schedule exactly) and the difference from when I started to where I am now is ridiculous. I didn't lose much weight overall - only a few lbs. - but I am lean as hell everywhere except for a little bit of fat that won't go away in my lower abs...

was really nice out yesterday, skipped my leg workout and did a 4 mile walk/10 mile bike ride. Biking took 45 minutes, the walk took about an hour with my wife. Was very surprised that I wasn't gassed after the bike ride. Got a little tan out of it too :)

Always good to mix it up, Troy. :) Speaking of tans, I'm rocking an awesome farmer's tan. (I tan easily thanks to my Portuguese blood.)

Nothing new to add regarding my fitness. Walking around at 188. My upper body is lean and my lower half carries most of the muscle. (My girlfriend commented that I look like two separate people fused together at the waist.)

Nutrition-wise, I bought a Vitamix 5200c. Probably one of my best purchases regardless of price. I've learned that you can pack spinach and kale into any smoothie as they assume the taste of what ever is prominent in the mix. I try to keep my sugar intake to very low levels—but indulged myself with fruit smoothies for the last week. My usual mix is soy milk, spinach and kale, some almonds, goji or acai berry, and frozen strawberries. So much sugar, but a rather good meal. Dropping that from my diet this week. Getting things back to normal.

bread's done
Back