CAG NBA 2K9 League: Cavs and Celtics open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill join i don't have the game yet ill try and pick it up today. If someone else wants to join that has the game then they can go ahead and take my spot i don't want to hold the league up.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Who are we still waiting on?[/QUOTE]

We're waiting on whoever wants the final spot remaining, as long as they have the game already.

Have the Warriors been taken?

I have a tight work schedule, but I'll join. I was on the Madden league before it ended, played against Matt Young once or twice.

Edit: XBL: Masked Lemon

[quote name='masked lemon']Have the Warriors been taken?

I have a tight work schedule, but I'll join. I was on the Madden league before it ended, played against Matt Young once or twice.

Edit: XBL: Masked Lemon[/QUOTE]

Warriors are available. I sent you an invite :)

I would've joined but my 1st team is rockets and any team I would've ever chosen are already taken.

If any1 knows they're not gonna be able to participate but is in the league, can I be put on a substitute/waiting list?

We're just waiting for that last person to join. I sent Masked Lemon the invite last night, once he accepts the schedule will be generated and we can start playing asap.

We should do custom sliders. I'm fine with 5 min quarters, but custom sliders would help A LOT. I haven't tried the ones Matt Young posted, but I've tried some others and it helps improve a few big issues like the everyone-in-the-post-can-score-easily-even-scrubs.

I tested the sliders posted earlier in the forum, and they look good to me. My scores were a little low with 8 minute quarters (although it's probably just because I suck), but I agree that otherwise games simply take too long.

No, no no, no no,

No crazy ass sliders. Lets have a vote or something but I an completely and utterly against being forced to use some crazy ass guys version of the NBA.

Sliders are simply to personal to use for a league. You will never get a middle ground when using sliders. In order to use them properly you (IE anyone who wanted to use them)would have to convince me (IE anyone who didnt) that you know WAY more about the NBA than 2k does.

Everyone has their own crazy ass idea of how the NBA plays and when they make sliders they tailor it to what they feel is right. Which from experience is rarely every right.

This isnt to bash anyone or anything and I hate to use this old internet cliche but seriously...its your defense not the game. This years game has a crazy ass learning curve and if you are not on the same level as the CPU it will rape you faster than you can get to the whistle around your neck.

Again I hate to use the Gamefaqs tactic of saying everyone else sucks but me, though this is one case where its all user. I hated the game when I first got it also, I thought the CPU could score whenever it wanted to and it could get any shot it wanted but after learning how to play the defense on HOF with defualt sliders I reguarly beat the CPU with very realistic stats and %.

(Expect for opposing players PG getting 10 plus ASST but thats because the game doesnt know how to score an ASST. If you pass it a big man who proceeds to do 2 fakes a crossover and then dunk it.....its not an ASST anymore.)

To continue what I was saying, have you every tried to play someone else who was using some crazy ass sliders? They will make it so that Lebron will hit 3's left and right when in real life he can barely shot 3s.

http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

That is LeBron James Shot Chart of the entire season last year...as you can clearly see he cant hit a 3 to save his damn life.

I'm not really sure how that short chart is relevant, unless you're saying that he hits every 3 with these sliders. In my experience, that doesn't happen.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal to me. If we voted, I'd prefer Matt's sliders. But if nobody else wants to, no big deal.

I don't care about the sliders... I'll get used to them after a game or two.

I joined the leaugue, but I took the Denver Nuggets instead of the Warriors. Forgot about Monta Ellis being injured.

Side note, but why is Ellis still in the starting rotation as a hurt player? It was fucking up my association because it would keep putting him in the game when I would sim.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']I'm not really sure how that short chart is relevant, unless you're saying that he hits every 3 with these sliders. In my experience, that doesn't happen.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal to me. If we voted, I'd prefer Matt's sliders. But if nobody else wants to, no big deal.[/quote]

Its relevant beacuse.......I dont know where I was going with that. I got caught mid thought or something. Ignore it.

But I am fully against playing with anyones sliders.

My work schedule:

2:45-11:15 EST every day, usually have Tuesday and Friday off. I don't have today off though.

If you have a game against me, please send me a message on my Live gamertag, it is much easier for me to check there when I turn on the 360. My gamertag is the same as my CAG name.

Since it's a 20 game season we're only going to play against each other once :( given that it's 20 teams total. You'll play against one just 1 opponent in the league twice during the season. Example: I'm scheduled to play against the Knicks twice but just once aginst everybody else.

It bothers me a bit since it messed up the idea of playing against division opponents 2 times during the season but hey...at least we can start playing right?, we've been waiting for days now.

Here it is guys. Have fun playing!

Lakers – Matt Young
Suns – Immortal fWd

Hornets - MSUHitman
Knicks - knightsdwn

Spurs - ai03mj23
Hawks - Soodmeg

Bulls – sstyler24
Jazz – Renegade_Zero

Clippers - shinryuu
Mavericks - elpolloestupendo

Wizards – GoodFella
Celtics – JDMxB

Nuggets - Masked Lemon
Rockets - DisturbedZen

Raptors - BigAT
Magic – GuilewasNK

Pistons - XXXplosive1
Heat – cbarg84

Cavs - MaskedPlague
Blazers - FrankySox

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']I'm not really sure how that short chart is relevant, unless you're saying that he hits every 3 with these sliders. In my experience, that doesn't happen.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal to me. If we voted, I'd prefer Matt's sliders. But if nobody else wants to, no big deal.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so you liked them? I have been interested in hearing some feedback since I love them, though they are not "my" sliders. As I mentioned before, they were copied from someone at Operation Sports. I've never been one to mess with sliders, so I wouldn't know how to make good ones, but these are great.

As for the league, the sliders I posted are indeed good, but I never expected people to have to use them. But Goodfella, do league games have the rules/quarter length/etc. already set for all games? Because we definitely need all games to be played under the same terms, whatever they may be.

After my long weekend out of town, I need practice. I've played like 5 games of 2K9 total, all against the CPU.

[quote name='Matt Young']Goodfella, do league games have the rules/quarter length/etc. already set for all games? Because we definitely need all games to be played under the same terms, whatever they may be.

[/QUOTE]

Currently, the quarter length is set at 7 minutes ( sim quarter length is at 6 minutes) with default sliders but I can do changes, modify them at any time.

And the first game of the league is done! Mavs over Clippers, 57-56. There was some lag throughout the game, but it was bearable. It did mess up my timing as I had a whole grip of shot clock violations, though it was partly my fault for being cruddy. Also made it hard for me to run plays, but I don't it made it hard for my opponent. For some reason my rotation was really weird and it was not even the default rotations-- it made Camby start at C rather than PF and Mobley some how was getting minutes at PG-- so I had to just do it manually, which was no biggy. It was a a good game. He led by like 7-9 pts almost the whole game, I caught up, but I don't think I was aware of the time.

I didn't like how it was on Pro. It felt like I could make any shot. I had like 3 end of the quarter buzzer beaters and a bunch of fadeaways I shouldn't have made. I'm sure my opponent felt the same way (hopefully). I felt guilty when my opponent couldn't make the FTs at the end and I made like every shot afterwards, that's why. Could we possibly bump it up to All-Star at least?

Btw, how do you upload clips to the league site?

What pro? Yeah it has to be bumped up please. HOF would be my suggestion but if not at least superstar.

^yeah, anything but Pro would be my preference. It just felt really easy on offense, even though our game was in the low scores (we ran offensive sets and the Mavs had like, little to no turnovers).

Hall of Fame? I have a feeling a lot of people will be complaining about that- myself included. I have a hard enough time on All-Star. Superstar's the highest I'd go. if it stays at Hall of Fame, I probably won't stick around. I'm dedicated, but I'd rather not got obliterated in every game.

I haven't tried HOF yet. All-star on HUM vs. HUM is fine, but vs. CPU, it has its ways.

I suggest All-Star, and you made a huge move to bump it to HOF. lol. Also, GoodFella, not sure if you missed my question, but do you know how to upload a highlight onto the league page? Just wondering. I uploaded it onto the 2k site, but I don't know how to put it on the league page.
http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=3420
I just wanted to test it, heh. I found it funny how B. Diddy jumped into the crowd after the dunk. This was like, the only TO elpollo had.

My rotation was a little weird too - not quite sure why. The lag was annoying, although it seemed to clear up a little bit by the end. Definitely a good game. I was terrified I was going to blow it at the end. I guess I didn't realize FT were that different online. And then I was about an inch away from fouling Baron Davis right before he hit a 3 as time expired...

Glad we bumped up the difficulty. I definitely felt a little gulty too when I threw up a couple half-assed shots as the shot clock expired that fell.

Great game, and good luck to everyone else!

Alright guys, I dropped it down to all star. Let me konw if you're ok with that of if you want to try superstar.

shinryuu, let me find out how to upload videos on to the league site. Once I get more info I'll let you know.

Looks like nobody knows how to upload videos to the league page. I've checked on the 2K boards and nobody has a clue on how to do this :(

Thank you for the difficulty change. Hopefully you don't have to tweak it much more since that may cause discrepancies between games played on one difficulty in the same week as games played on another.

All-Star is the difficulty that ranked games are played on, right?

All star is what ranked games are played on.

I have no interest in Hall of Fame difficulty whatsoever. Superstar is probably too much, also.

I might not be able to get a game in until Friday...

Jazz – Renegade_Zero when do u wanna play, i cant play tommorow bc i got a soccer game n wont be home till late can play maybe late fri night maybe, but can play sat night or sun b4 4

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Looks like nobody knows how to upload videos to the league page. I've checked on the 2K boards and nobody has a clue on how to do this :([/quote]
They just put a fix. Haha, so yeah, if you click the game, you can see the video. I just wanted to test it. Hopefully my next highlights/videos won't suck as much.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yeah I can play anyone tonight after around 7pm EST.[/quote]

I'm down. I played my first one last night. I lost 77-75 on a last second three. Good game. I had to climb out of a 15 point defecit late in the 3rd quarter and hit a 3 with 2.4 seconds left to take the lead and then I lost it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I assumed the game has flex scheduling.[/quote]

Not as easily as last year's lobby.

Now 2k made it so we play our games in rounds, 5 at a time. We can however edit our schedules to make it so we can play anyone at any time, but its just more of a pain now.

I haven't played a 2K game online since NHL 2K6, so I thought it was week to week. Thus, I only scheduled my week 1 game.

*Goes to check schedule*

If anyone wants to get their game in against the Raptors, I should be around most of tonight but not the rest of the weekend.

Let's make sure some games get played tonight and through the weekend. So far only four of us have played.

If someone wants to play me, please send me a message here in this thread or on Live. You can also send messages via the league page in the game. Or just shoot a PM here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back