CAG NBA 2K9 League: Cavs and Celtics open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Heat, Magic, or Blazers play anytime tomorrow? I'm off all day. Although if I understand the flex scheduling, can we play or schedule in any order? If so, I could get in two or three games against whomever's available.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Can the Heat, Magic, or Blazers play anytime tomorrow? I'm off all day. Although if I understand the flex scheduling, can we play or schedule in any order? If so, I could get in two or three games against whomever's available.[/quote]

Heat here, there's a chance I might be able to play during the day tomorrow. I will let you know tomorrow sometime.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Can the Heat, Magic, or Blazers play anytime tomorrow? I'm off all day. Although if I understand the flex scheduling, can we play or schedule in any order? If so, I could get in two or three games against whomever's available.[/QUOTE]

As long as you add them to your weekly game que, then yes you can play against anybody.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I would rather play again. Game was too close to call either way. Matt was in the middle of a run.

I'll be available for any games after 8 p.m. central tonight, or anytime at all tomorrow as I'm off. Just let me know so I can queue it up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what he said. Too close to call, and there was still 1 quarter to go.

So, is it que, which is how the 2K site spells it, or queue, which Firefox seems to think is correct?

I can probably play tonight around 11:30-12:00 central time if Goodfella erases the result.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, what he said. Too close to call, and there was still 1 quarter to go.

So, is it que, which is how the 2K site spells it, or queue, which Firefox seems to think is correct?

I can probably play tonight around 11:30-12:00 central time if Goodfella erases the result.[/QUOTE]

Erased.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Anyone up for a game right now?[/QUOTE]

Can't now, but can you still play tomorrow after 9 Pacific? I think you said you'd be available.

[quote name='Matt Young']Can't now, but can you still play tomorrow after 9 Pacific? I think you said you'd be available.[/QUOTE]

Is sometime between 9 and 10 good? I get off work at 8, by the time I make the drive home and have dinner it'd be sometime between then.

Yeah, that is fine with me. If you'll still be up, I can play you tonight, but it'd be quite a bit later on. I'm playing MSUHitman after the Lakers game ends, which should be 10-10:15 Pacific. I could play you after my game with him. Otherwise, tomorrow.

I had good 1st and 4th quarters against MSUHitman, but unlike last night's back and forth attempt at this game, I was outscored by 11 in the 2nd and 9 in the 3rd and never recovered. I had 10 total rebounds in the game. He shot a whopping 71% from the field and got 76 of 89 points in the paint en route to a 89-73 victory. Good game, Jason.

Hornets 89, Lakers 73

Last edited by a moderator:
Good game Matt my inside was clicking pretty good. Now if I could just make free throws.

Anyone want to play today? Available all day.

I just played shinryuu.

I dominated the first quarter 18-7, but Jason got in his groove and came back within 1 by scoring 23 points in the 2nd. I pulled ahead in the 3rd and managed to maintain my lead for the victory. Both teams had quite a few blocks, with Chris Kaman being the leader with 5.

Laker stat lines:

Bryant- 30 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists
Fisher- 17 points, 10 assists
Bynum- 8 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks

Final: Lakers 71, Clippers 58

Good game, Jason. Too bad your mic didn't work. You're fun to talk to.

Ugh. You ripped up my interior early, even though Kaman had 5 blocks. I couldn't guard Kobe and kept collapsing on your bigs. I sucked. I tried to do some set plays but, eh, it just took a lot of time off the shot clock. Other than B. Diddy and Kaman, my guys weren't doing so well offensively. I couldn't get Mobley going, or Thornton.

I'm as disgusted as I was last night in the real game.. haha.

Here's some highlights:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=6268
(I should've changed the camera on the 3rd highlight, it makes Baron look like he teleported, lol)

[quote name='Matt Young']I can play later on after 10:30 Pacific.[/QUOTE]

You still up for ours between 9 and 10? I just got home from work and am about to make some dinner, I'll be on after that.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']You still up for ours between 9 and 10? I just got home from work and am about to make some dinner, I'll be on after that.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. I thought I could play then, but it turns out 10:30 will be the earliest I am available to play. If you're available then, great. If not, please let me know when you will be. You're the one guy who I play twice this season, and I put both games in my que via the website.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm sorry. I thought I could play then, but it turns out 10:30 will be the earliest I am available to play. If you're available then, great. If not, please let me know when you will be. You're the one guy who I play twice this season, and I put both games in my que via the website.[/QUOTE]

No worries we'll figure it out. I might be up still then, if I am I'll jump on.

Ah, fuck. I just sent you a PM asking to play now, too. I'm done a little bit early... well, as far as the 10:30 projection goes anyway, LOL.

Ah hell, I forgot about the damn daylight savings change. We don't switch in AZ, so I forgot you guys are an hour early now. I was on an hour ago waiting for nothing lol. But yea, I've gotta crash now. When are you available this weekend? Maybe we can try and get our home and home series over with.

Oh. I looked it up and Google said Tucson was on Mountain Time, so I just thought that was an hour ahead of Pacific time regardless. Shit. Well, when can you play?

Yea we don't switch, we're always mountain standard time, so half the time we match with Pacific, the other time with Mountain. On Saturday I get off at 7, so after 6 your time. Sunday I'm available around 5:30 or so, so 4:30 for you.

Edit: Ah fuck it, I'll jump online, let's get one done.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Matt whooped my ass. I couldn't stop him inside.[/QUOTE]

That's not true at all. It was a back and forth close game until midway through the 3rd. I pulled ahead by 10+, but a couple times, you came within 6 before I finally pulled away.

Question: How do injuries work in leagues? Gasol separated his shoulder diving for a loose ball midway through the 1st, and Leandro Barbosa got the same injury in the 3rd.

Amare Stoudemire was the leading scorer of the game with 32 points. Kobe had his second straight 30 point game, all scored in 3 quarters since Phoenix's D shut him down in the 4th and then he came out with 2 minutes left. Both point guards- Steve Nash and Derek Fisher- had 5 points and 9 assists. Andrew Bynum was player of the game with 21 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists, and Lamar Odom was money off the bench with 18 points and 6 boards.

Final: Lakers 90, Suns 74.

Good game, Immortal. We play one more time this season in L.A.

Oh yeah, do you not use a mic? I tried talking before the game and didn't hear a response. I figured it was because it was late and you were tired. But thanks for playing in spite of that fact.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's not true at all. It was a back and forth close game until midway through the 3rd. I pulled ahead by 10+, but a couple times, you came within 6 before I finally pulled away.

Question: How do injuries work in leagues? Gasol separated his shoulder diving for a loose ball midway through the 1st, and Leandro Barbosa got the same injury in the 3rd.

Amare Stoudemire was the leading scorer of the game with 32 points. Kobe had his second straight 30 point game, all scored in 3 quarters since Phoenix's D shut him down in the 4th and then he came out with 2 minutes left. Both point guards- Steve Nash and Derek Fisher- had 5 points and 9 assists. Andrew Bynum was player of the game with 21 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists, and Lamar Odom was money off the bench with 18 points and 6 boards.

Final: Lakers 90, Suns 74.

Good game, Immortal. We play one more time this season in L.A.

Oh yeah, do you not use a mic? I tried talking before the game and didn't hear a response. I figured it was because it was late and you were tired. But thanks for playing in spite of that fact.[/QUOTE]

It was a fun game. I couldn't get Nash going at all, his 2-9 shooting really hurt. When I saw Barbosa dive for that loose ball, the way he landed I just knew they'd give him the injury like Gasol. I laughed. I do usually have a mic, but the wife and baby were asleep, and I tend to get a bit loud sometimes if I have it on.

Well hey, the one game I used a mic for, I lost. The 2 I didn't, I won. I'm about to see if that streak holds up (hopefully not) with FrankySox.

It was fun, though. Back and forth throughout the first half; the dunk-off to start the 3rd quarter... Then it got ugly on both sides with the turnovers. But I look forward to playing again sometime soon!

Wow... FrankySox and I were playing the best game ever. Josh Powell was a beast, scoring 20+ points, and Franky had just tied the game at 107 with 7 seconds left. The game disconnected us and said the 2K Sports servers were unavailable. fuck this shit.

EDIT: Oh, it turns out Gasol's out 4 games, though I did just fine without him. Same for Barbosa. He'll miss Phoenix's next 4.

Well Holy fuck!!!! The 2K servers just ruined a great game. Matt Young (LA Lakers) and I (Trail Blazers) were playing deep into the fourth quarter. There was 7 seconds left and I had JUST hit a three pointer with Bayless to tie it up. I went through setting up my account and the que so I could play. We get to the fourth and BAM everything gone. Both of us had guys who were having stud games. The score was 107-107. No matter what happens when we replay this game it wont come close to our first game...too bad. They better be putting a patch up for this game if they are taking the servers down.

Does anyone want to play tonight? I would like to know before I get into Gears mode. Anytime I show up as online, just send me a message and if I can I'll drop everything to play a game. Or let's schedule a time in advance on here preferred.

I'm probably going to break down and spend the $10 to change the CAG 2K Sports gamertag into CAG NBA 2K. I'll post when I do and send invites out.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Does anyone want to play tonight? I would like to know before I get into Gears mode. Anytime I show up as online, just send me a message and if I can I'll drop everything to play a game. Or let's schedule a time in advance on here preferred.

I'm probably going to break down and spend the $10 to change the CAG 2K Sports gamertag into CAG NBA 2K. I'll post when I do and send invites out.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just create a new silver account?

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Couldn't you just create a new silver account?[/quote]

Yeah I guess you're right. I'll do that tonight and send invites out.

XXXplosive or WeavShow, I can play after 7 p.m. central tonight. Just send me a message on Live. Also I will get that new CAG NBA 2K Silver account setup tonight.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']I'm on live right now if anybody wants to play a league game.[/QUOTE]

I'll be on in just a few minutes.

I added you to my queue, how do we get it to let us challenge? I only get the custom challenge option.

Good game Immortal, you were really causing me problems at first ang my guys turning the ball over didn't help either. The games was close up to the middle part of the 3rd quarter, that's when I started to stretch my lead thanks to the big 3 of Arenas, Jamison and Butler, and also the rebounding edge 38-14. I need to work on my defense and take better care of the ball somehow ; need to get my guys to stop doing those damn suicidal passes. Final score; Wizards 90 - Suns 72.

Do some of you have messaging blocked to people not on your friends list in Live? I haven't had anyone respond to any messages I have sent to try to set up games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back