CAG NBA 2K9 League: Cavs and Celtics open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Immortal fWd']So is this league dead or what?[/quote]

I dunno, but I'm close to giving up on it. Trying to get league games going with people is becoming more of a chore than anything else.

Seriously. It's been that way almost all along. I don't suppose there'd be any interest in just ditching this one and starting a MUCH smaller one - say, with the seven or eight people who will play games? It would also give it more of a season feel, as you'd face people more than once. Just a thought.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Seriously. It's been that way almost all along. I don't suppose there'd be any interest in just ditching this one and starting a MUCH smaller one - say, with the seven or eight people who will play games? It would also give it more of a season feel, as you'd face people more than once. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

That is what I've been thinking, not posting all along. If we could get 6 or 7 teams and just play each other three times (not sure if that's even possible) I think it would be MUCH more successful. If anyone is interested send me a PM or something. I really enjoy this game but you can only try so many times to get a game going before it starts to get old REAL quick.

All you guys are right. What we need to do is start a league with 6-8 MAX of the people in this league that have played several games and have agreed to dedicate time to play games. Aside from this, we need to do something very different. I say that we schedule games. What we do is 2 games a week. The post gets listed for the season of who you play that week and every week you schedule when you're going to play the games with your two opponents. A no show with some grace period means a forfeit and both sides no show is a loss on both ends. Aggressive scheduling is the only way for a league to stay competitive without dying.

Well I haven't received any messages or posts asking to play lately, and I think I'm among the leaders in most games played so I would like to be in the new league if there is one.

I can't play until late at night the next two nights and I'll need to know who so I can update my queue.

I knew this league was too big, 12 team leagues are the max it should be.

So who is setting this up? I don't really want to make a new thread and I feel like we are hijacking this one. I think dizzle is right and we need to make a strict rule of 2 games a week. We could get about 2-3 people to run the league and help decide who should be included.

It just really sucks because I know this one will never finish, just go luck at the standings, there are four teams who haven't played ONE GAME, and one of them actually has an owner. It's really a joke that someone picked a good team and never played. I just don't understand why people pick teams that never play.

If a new league were to arise I'd be interested in the Cavs, Lakers, Hornets, Jazz, or Heat. I think we should have everyone in this list the three teams they want in order then figure out a way to make sure people get the teams they want the most.

People who have played lots of games

Myself - 7
Juan C(current league operator) - 6
Awwjayzin - 6
Weavshow - 6
Immortal Fwd -5
Also I see MSUHitman on NBA all the time so I'm sure he just had a tough time finidng people. I'm sure Matt Young would be interested as well, I don't know if he stills has the game or not because he's always hiding. Anyways we should try and get something figured out. Talk of a league with people who actually play games excites me. Maybe Juan C would be up for starting over with a smaller group of players?

All right guys I'm going to start another league. I'll leave spots open for the people who were in this league that played 5 games or more for the next two days. We will do 8 teams and play each other three times. I'm going to go ahead and put Matt down for the Lakers, and Immortal Fwd down for the Suns, if that's okay with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back