******** Cag NFL 2k5 league thread - New and Improved!!! ********

On that note, Maximo PMed me, but I checked too late, so I'm sorry about that. I'll be on tomorrow night again. Again, sorry 'bout missing Maximo.

I sent a PM to the new Philly owner on the 2k5 League website, but so far no response. :whistle2:(

I will also try email.

Took me 7 weeks, but I finally got that damned single game rushing record. ~340. :)

GG. Sorry for that 2 point at the end, wanted 50.

SGS- Kenny/Orange/Philly is on AIM every day and checks his e-mail almost every day, plus he's on Live a lot.

If you still cannot reach him later today, let me know and I will call him.

WoosCarpet/Minnesota- I have had problems with my connection and haven't been able to get on the internet period in about 3 days. I'm very sorry about that (supa, that's why I wasn't on AIM). I responded to your e-mail, and since my connection was the problem, I will try my best to play whenever is convenient for you today or tomorrow.

As for contributing money to finish the season, Mike, you know I'm broke, but I can for sure throw in the small amount you ask for. You need a year's subscription and a microphone, though. It's on sale for $55 someplace this week... let's all raise money and get supa a subscription. :)

[quote name='Matt Young']SGS- Kenny/Orange/Philly is on AIM every day and checks his e-mail almost every day, plus he's on Live a lot.

If you still cannot reach him later today, let me know and I will call him.

WoosCarpet/Minnesota- I have had problems with my connection and haven't been able to get on the internet period in about 3 days. I'm very sorry about that (supa, that's why I wasn't on AIM). I responded to your e-mail, and since my connection was the problem, I will try my best to play whenever is convenient for you today or tomorrow.

As for contributing money to finish the season, Mike, you know I'm broke, but I can for sure throw in the small amount you ask for. You need a year's subscription and a microphone, though. It's on sale for $55 someplace this week... let's all raise money and get supa a subscription. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, we had a time scheduled for today (2 pm West Coast time) and Philly failed to show. Man, that is even worse than people that don't schedule their games. If you say you are going to be on at a certain time, you should be there.

[quote name='sgs89']Well, we had a time scheduled for today (2 pm West Coast time) and Philly failed to show. Man, that is even worse than people that don't schedule their games. If you say you are going to be on at a certain time, you should be there.[/QUOTE]

PS He was on LIVE, too, and I sent him a ton of Ready to play messages, but he didn't respond.

From my experience, I don't think a "ready" notification can be received unless the recipient is playing that particular game, or at least one of the ESPN games.

I'll see if I can get in touch with Kenny and see what's up.

EDIT: Okay, so he says that you never sent a friend request and he confirmed that "Ready" notices can only be received while one is logged on to the ESPN servers.

He's getting ready to go out for an hour or two, but he asks that you send him a friend request and/or contact him on AIM.

[quote name='Matt Young']From my experience, I don't think a "ready" notification can be received unless the recipient is playing that particular game, or at least one of the ESPN games.

I'll see if I can get in touch with Kenny and see what's up.

EDIT: Okay, so he says that you never sent a friend request and he confirmed that "Ready" notices can only be received while one is logged on to the ESPN servers.

He's getting ready to go out for an hour or two, but he asks that you send him a friend request and/or contact him on AIM.[/QUOTE]

The point is we had a CONFIRMED time to play and he missed it.

If he wants to suggest another time, I will see if I am available. He was supposed to be there, and he wasn't.

So, I am not inclined to be the one who tries to schedule another game with him. It is up to him now.

[quote name='Matt Young']
As for contributing money to finish the season, Mike, you know I'm broke, but I can for sure throw in the small amount you ask for. You need a year's subscription and a microphone, though. It's on sale for $55 someplace this week... let's all raise money and get supa a subscription. :)[/QUOTE]

Again, not looking for any sort of sub or anything. Just looking for you guys to show me my $$$ wont be wasted. So far theres been a lot of talk but not much action. Quite a few games unplayed (some even by super dependable people) and just tons of animocity everywhere. So, Im really wondering why we are so hell bent on saving it. Will next week be so much better than two weeks ago,last,and this week? My feeling is no. Id love to have my mind changed though.

Some numbers:

Games that should have been played so far this season: 56

Games missed: 21

Games played but not counted: 3 (if memory serves)

The math:

19/56=

34%

So, roughly 1 in 3 games scheduled were not played. What kind of consistancy is that? The sad part is, there are a few who carried the rest (playing each and every one of their games) so they are making the numbers better than they should be. Would I have volunteered to run a league in which over 1/3rd of the games wouldnt get played? No. Would you guys have joined if I had said you ll only get to play 66% of the games on your schedule? Probably not. We can talk about promising to be better, rededicating to the league, etc etc, but why hasnt that happened already? We are in week 7 of 8 weeks. Do you realize our first few weeks were BETTER participation wise then the last few? Shouldnt this be running smoother now than then? So what do you want to do fellas? Ball's in your court. Save it if you want to save it, let it go if you want to let it go. Im not going to drag the bulk of you along with me. Decide what we will do now and decide what, if any, sort of future this league will have.

Peace
M

[quote name='sgs89']The point is we had a CONFIRMED time to play and he missed it.

If he wants to suggest another time, I will see if I am available. He was supposed to be there, and he wasn't.

So, I am not inclined to be the one who tries to schedule another game with him. It is up to him now.[/QUOTE]

Understood. I'm just telling you what he said, not taking sides. If you need any further assistance, however, feel free to let me know what I may be able to do.

Ok, cancelled my account. 1030pm and only 2 games shown played (Giants/NO didnt register I guess) Just seemed more trouble then it was worth, especially with all the bickering. Sorry to those who had hoped for a complete season. I had hoped for it too.

M

Maybe I would've gotten my game played if I hadn't spent 5 hours watching baseball and talking to you on AIM. Nah, not really. I guess Woos never got my e-mail. I really wanted to play vs. Minnesota, too.

Make sure you activate the code tomorrow (now you can't say I didn't remind you), and you should really look into getting a starter kit for a headset and the convenience of a permanent Gamertag. That's just my .02, though.

If anyone here can still play weekly, I'm more than willing to set something up (unless you'd rather it be someone who's been around longer). I wouldn't want to schedule more than one game per week if it's not absolutely necessary, though, since although I can usually play more, it's not always a certainty.

Of course, I will wait until final word from Supa on the possible creation of a newer, smaller league before making a decision, out of respect for him.

By cancelled account I assume supa means he cancelled his Xbox Live account. Sigh...what a shame...I hope a league can be made before they shut it all down.

I will try to set this stuff up(i originally was going to set it up, but stepped down so he could take this and let me run the NBA). so i am willing to set up a new league and play. so just let me know guys.

Yes, Arkay, he cancelled his Live account and, as a result, the league will be gone.

Craven, if Supa isn't planning on attempting to run another one with fewer/different people, I'm all for playing for you. I don't recommend raising the difficulty more than 1 level, though, because I and I'm sure half the rest of the league would find it to be too overwhelming to compete in all likelihood.

If you don't have time to run an NFL league after the NBA league and Halo clan, though, feel free to hand this one off to me.

P.S. I call Packers. :)

[quote name='Matt Young']Yes, Arkay, he cancelled his Live account and, as a result, the league will be gone.

Craven, if Supa isn't planning on attempting to run another one with fewer/different people, I'm all for playing for you. I don't recommend raising the difficulty more than 1 level, though, because I and I'm sure half the rest of the league would find it to be too overwhelming to compete in all likelihood.

If you don't have time to run an NFL league after the NBA league and Halo clan, though, feel free to hand this one off to me.

P.S. I call Packers. :)[/QUOTE]

alright man, thanks for the support. suprisingly the halo 2 stuff is easier than this. off the topic a bit, but you still want an invite?

I'd like to stick around and be the Chargers. I just renewed my Live account, so I'd rather get some more NFL in before they shut their servers down.

Oh, and I hope we DON'T do a pay-to-play plan as was being tossed around. I don't really want to invest any money into my recreation...that would turn it into gambling.

Craven- I haven't played much Halo (or anything really outside of leagues) for a week or two, but I did get a clan invite from you.

I'm not sure what to do right now, as I have one clan of some of my longtime (well, considering that I got Live in January) Live friends and one of people I just met in Riverside (right by where I live) that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. It's hard trying to not offend anyone when too many take clans more seriously than life itself, it seems.

If I can work it out right, I'd love to be in the Halo clan in order to meet some more CAGs and improve my skills (I dropped to a level 7 somehow after being at 12, although I didn't play) but my main concerns are that I'll get kicked out for not being good enough or not being able to make every practice, and then I'll be left with no clan at all.

can someone give the short and sweet of this thread so i don't have to read it all?

are we still playing our schedule? does the league still exist? are we starting a new league?

also, NO vs Giants game didn't get recorded. Do we need to play again?

i think it would be best to go ahead and start this thing over within the next few days. i will make a new topic and send pms to those that have shown interest in a new league. i should have it all under control by Tuesday or Wednesday. so i'd just assume that we just drop this league all together, b/c the league won't advance until the end of the week. but just let me know your ideas. also i'll adapt some of the things mentioned in the espn website boards.

Had a really great time in the league, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be here in the summer to play through then, depending on how long the league goes.

I'd still love to get a few practice games here and there with any of you guys so just PM me for a game from time to time.

I will try to set up a league sometime this evening or tomorrow afternoon. I will pm those that have shown an interest in playing with the league info.

i have setup the new league. check your pms boxes and for those that i didn't pm that want in, just hit me up with a pm. once the league is full(12 teams), i will set up a new topic. also, i decreased the interval for time between games to 5 days, but once we get people involved, i'll edit accordingly.

bread's done
Back