******** Cag NFL 2k5 league thread - New and Improved!!! ********

[quote name='Matt Young']I've got someone who wants to take the Eagles. I'd like to talk to supadupa about that and the decision in my last game, but he's nowhere to be found. :whistle2:\

[/QUOTE]

Supa sent me a league PM today, and he said he's busy until Thursday.

Did you still want to get the game going Zewone??
I just wanted to apologize for being late, too much traffic on the way home.

Cincy? Oh, cincy? Where are you, boy! Come'ere!!!

Ok, pet tiger references aside, I'm back at school now and I'm ready to play my game...you don't have much available contact info...so IM/post here/email me with when you can play!

Eagle1Fox2 ,
Dude I am ready to play whenever you get the chance. Just hit me up on AIM and we'll play if I am available to play. Just get at me with a time. I am good to go most of the day tomorrow and Friday.

My opponent for this week hasn't responded to me so I will likely go a second week in a row (3rd overall) without getting to play, and SupaDupaCheap has apparently dropped off the face of the earth (I really hope he's all right).

It's Friday night and we only have 2 games out of 8 played. Come on, now. We can't let this league die after we've already made it 3/4 of the way through.

This is getting frustrating, guys. This has been the worst week so far. Let's go and get these dang games played.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hopefully league admin comes back and gets that replacement for Philly. I better get a win out of this one.[/QUOTE]

It's an auto win if there is no opponent.

Hey Craven,

I got home around 10 to 11, and I'm gonna try to leave my s/n on AIM for extended pds of time tonight if you still wanna play. (I'll leave the sound a little higher than normal so I might be able to hear the IM from the other room.) But otherwise let me know when else you could play 2morrow I guess.

[quote name='Eagle1Fox2']Hey Craven,

I got home around 10 to 11, and I'm gonna try to leave my s/n on AIM for extended pds of time tonight if you still wanna play. (I'll leave the sound a little higher than normal so I might be able to hear the IM from the other room.) But otherwise let me know when else you could play 2morrow I guess.[/QUOTE]

hey man, i am able to play right now. i won't be available tomorrow til late evening, if at all. i was out tonight a little later than planned, but i should be good to go. i hit you up on AIM also.

Im alive but Im not loving life very much right now. Theres a lot of explaining I need to do and some other things Id like to talk about. Sadly I dont have the time to do so right now. However, I did want you all to know I am not dead....yet.... and that everything will be all laid out soon.

Mike

P.s. And a personal note, I would like to DEEPLY apologize to Rich for not being able to play our game. Id like to extend an offer to him to play after I get my situation straightened out if he wishes.

M

[quote name='supadupacheap']Im alive but Im not loving life very much right now. Theres a lot of explaining I need to do and some other things Id like to talk about. Sadly I dont have the time to do so right now. However, I did want you all to know I am not dead....yet.... and that everything will be all laid out soon.

Mike

P.s. And a personal note, I would like to DEEPLY apologize to Rich for not being able to play our game. Id like to extend an offer to him to play after I get my situation straightened out if he wishes.

M[/QUOTE]

I'm not getting a win handed to me for the ONLY undefeated vs undefeated game of the season.

Where the hell is Cincy? I emailed him, I've posted here repeatedly...I don't want a randomly generated loss...

EDIT: apparently we've already handed out random wins and losses and I got a win, but I really hope it doesn't continue this way. I know supa's been havin problems, but it seems like people just aren't interested...

Anyways...Here's looking to next week.

Alright, this may be where I over step my boundaries a bit, but why the advancement on the last day to play games? I know you've had issues for the last week or so, but atleast let those of us who were trying to set our games up, get them played. I don't want to take a win from someone just to advance the schedule, I want to earn a win. But you are the commish and I will live with it.

I have only a few seconds to spare right now but I wanted to answer these posts as not to leave you guys clueless.
[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Where the hell is Cincy? I emailed him, I've posted here repeatedly...I don't want a randomly generated loss...

EDIT: apparently we've already handed out random wins and losses and I got a win, but I really hope it doesn't continue this way. I know supa's been havin problems, but it seems like people just aren't interested...

Anyways...Here's looking to next week.[/QUOTE]

Arkay, Im 99.9% sure we've discussed this. Cincy is out of town. He warned me this would be the case and I even offered to just give you the W. I hit you up in AIM a little over a week ago warning you about this and letting you know the deal. He was going to do his best to get back in time to play but if he couldnt, he said we should go ahead. He and I are to play this week so I knew THIS weeks game wouldnt cause trouble for somebody else because that somebody else is me.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Alright, this may be where I over step my boundaries a bit, but why the advancement on the last day to play games? I know you've had issues for the last week or so, but atleast let those of us who were trying to set our games up, get them played. I don't want to take a win from someone just to advance the schedule, I want to earn a win. But you are the commish and I will live with it.[/QUOTE]

No you havent overstepped any bounds or even offended me in the least. Last week I extended the deadline through the weekend in the hope that we'd get 100% played. Didnt happen. So I thought we might hopefully make up for the slow down by rededicating ourselves this week. When I finally could get on again, only TWO games had been played. TWO. This is day 6 of what is *supposed* to be a 7 days then we advance league. The thread was hardly abuzz with people trying to get a hold of each other and my inbox (league,email,and CAG) was empty (save for Rich's to me and I knew the reason that game wasnt getting done (moi) So I decided I might as well just advance it. I honestly dont believe (and Im sure a few of you agree) that a ton of games would have miraculously gotten done this evening. There is a chance I am wrong. And dont think I didnt think long and hard about that very possibilty. But when it comes right down to it, our past history gives a pretty clear indication of how things most likely would have gone.

And just in case any of you wondered, it SHAQ FUING sucks for me having to decide game. I dont like having to sift through posts deciding "who tried harder" or "wanted to play more". And I sure as hell dont like having to be judge, jury, and executioner between my own friends, my leaguemates. This is not my nature, not the kind of person I am at all. But week in and week out a lot of you guys keep making it so I have no other choice. Ive done my best to make it communicating as easy as possible. I revamped the OP so its one click to a guys PM or info. I extend deadlines. I work out schdule conflicts for games in Im not in (and is that really my job?) When you guys PM me me because youre having trouble finding somebody, Im looking for them as hard or HARDER than you are. I just dont know what more to do fellas. I want this league to be great. If I didnt then I wouldnt waste what little free time I have working on it. But I cant do it all by myself and I sure as hell can drag you guys along with me. This league is what WE, each and every one of us, make it. And right now, we arent much of anything. If I am at fault, if I need to something or just do more, for gods sake tell me. Because Im tired of dreading each coming week because I know they ll be (yet again) a huge chunk of games I have to play god on.

M

The only reason I mention the fact, is if in fact it is day 6, shouldn't we have been able to play these. Denver and I had agreed to play this weekend, then some stuff came up for both of us. Finally we had agreed to play tonight. But hey, shit happens. Its all good. The season is about to end so yeah.

And just so I dont look like a mega hypocrite, my game didnt get done do to some inet issues and some rather serious family problems. I am supremely sorry for it and sorry if you guys felt out of touch with me.

[quote name='craven_fiend']The only reason I mention the fact, is if in fact it is day 6, shouldn't we have been able to play these. Denver and I had agreed to play this weekend, then some stuff came up for both of us. Finally we had agreed to play tonight. But hey, shit happens. Its all good. The season is about to end so yeah.[/QUOTE]

Its a valid complaint. Yeah, sadly you were a victim of circumstance. I hate it just as much as you. But step in to my shoes for just a moment, each and every one of you. Last day of the schedule, only 2 games played with less than 12 hours to go, no PMs or mention of plans for games tonight, and our past history of being a league with more holes in its shcedule than swiss cheese. Im sorry if any of you truly were going to play tonight and werent able to. There is nothing stopping you from playing each other still (just not under a league umbrella) You can tell me about wanting it to count for something or for your stats but really, what do those things matter in a league where so many games are simmed? Sadly they pretty much dont mean a thing.

Well, so far I have been able to play all my games (am I the only one?).

I have Philly scheduled for this week. Is someone playing Philly or will that game be simmed?

[quote name='sgs89']Well, so far I have been able to play all my games (am I the only one?).

I have Philly scheduled for this week. Is someone playing Philly or will that game be simmed?[/QUOTE]

There is a Philly now but hes the new guy so therefor an unknown. He answered his join request and his info is on the league website. Hes also a friend of Matts who Im sure would be happy to help you reach him.

As far as one to play all of your games, maybe so. I never checked. Others have tried but few have succeeded. Ugh.

I've been in Los Angeles for the last couple days for WrestleMania weekend, so I wasn't able to get online. I see that my opponent still failed to respond, however.

On the bright side... Mike, it's good to have you back. At the same time, I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing so well. if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm willing to listen and do what I can. I'm sure I'm not at the top of your list, but regardless, the offer still stands.

P.S. You all can get a hold of my friend Kenny (Philadelphia) via the AIM screen name "Its Orange Baby" (which is also his Gamertag if you just want to send a friend request) or e-mail him at [email protected]. I can also post his phone number if anyone wants to harrass him.

He's a pretty cool guy and he looks like Jay-Z. However, I'm not sure how often he'll check the 2K Sports site, so AIM or e-mail is likely your best bet for getting in touch with him.

Sorry to hear that supa. Hope you're doing ok.

Maximo...I play you. (I feel like I should be tossing a Poke-ball.) PM will be sent.

[quote name='Matt Young']I've been in Los Angeles for the last couple days for WrestleMania weekend, so I wasn't able to get online. I see that my opponent still failed to respond, however. [/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry about that Matt, I don't know what is up with Maximo.
I haven't really talked to him lately either, he recently changed to another job and has been working some longer hours. I don't even think he has checked this site.
I was planning on playing my game but I got caught up in Doom 3 yesterday.

[quote name='Santurio']Yeah sorry about that Matt, I don't know what is up with Maximo.
I haven't really talked to him lately either, he recently changed to another job and has been working some longer hours. I don't even think he has checked this site.
I was planning on playing my game but I got caught up in Doom 3 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying Maximo maybe MIA?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So you're saying Maximo maybe MIA?[/QUOTE]

He may be!!
I will try and get a hold of him and see what's up.

[quote name='Santurio']Yeah sorry about that Matt, I don't know what is up with Maximo.
I was planning on playing my game but I got caught up in Doom 3 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's okay... not your fault. only 2 games got played overall anyway. It's just frustrating since you and I couldn't get together for our game last week, and now I didn't get to play this week. I just hope Maximo doesn't have to quit or be dropped since Supa's back, we've found a replacement for Philly, and the league seems to be back on track.

FYI, my big rivalry game this week with Minnesota should take place soon. He e-mailed me and we're working on setting a time now.

Hooray, 45 yards rushing, 4-4 with 35 yards and a TD for Manning on first drive, up 7-0 and tagged with a loss cause my game froze. So much for the perfect season. :cry:

[quote name='Rich']Hooray, 45 yards rushing, 4-4 with 35 yards and a TD for Manning on first drive, up 7-0 and tagged with a loss cause my game froze. So much for the perfect season. :cry:[/QUOTE]

You're just lucky you don't play me in any of this seasons league games. :)

well rich and i just got done with our game. the first drive he scored. with less than 2 mins left in the 1st quarter, i had my first possession. the game froze, and i guess his connection died. whatever happened it gave him the win 7-0.

is there a way to delete the game and replay? if not then i'm on a 7 game losing streak :lol:. i didn't expect to win, but i at least wanted to earn my loss.

[quote name='gaelan']well rich and i just got done with our game. the first drive he scored. with less than 2 mins left in the 1st quarter, i had my first possession. the game froze, and i guess his connection died. whatever happened it gave him the win 7-0.

is there a way to delete the game and replay? if not then i'm on a 7 game losing streak :lol:. i didn't expect to win, but i at least wanted to earn my loss.[/QUOTE]

You actually got the win, but I'd definitely like to replay it.

[quote name='zewone']
You're just lucky you don't play me in any of this seasons league games. :)[/quote]

Other way around. Tiki Smash! Eli Throw Wrong Person! Tiki Smash Again! Me Thor!

Sigh...good game, denver. I had 0 confidence in the passing game after throwing a pick early. It was a close fought game, but anyone who knows football knows I had lost it when I couldn't drive to win it with 2 minutes left...

Crap.

Good game.

[quote name='gaelan']
is there a way to delete the game and replay? if not then i'm on a 7 game losing streak :lol:. i didn't expect to win, but i at least wanted to earn my loss.[/QUOTE]

N.O vs. N.Y
Game reset as per request.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Santurio...any word from Maximo? I PMed him at the start of the week. I'll send him an email now.[/QUOTE]

I spoke to him today and he said he is still in. He will email/PM you today to set up a time.

**News**

Ok. My gamertag expires on the 10th. Ive known this for quite awhile and I was definately aware of it when I decided to extend the weeks lately. And up until Mondays disaster (anextra long week resulting in only 2 games getting done (of course 1 of the undones was my fault but the rest werent) I was fully prepared to renew it at my expense JUST so you guys could finish out the season. Now though, Im not really ok with that. When I look back at all the holes, I find it harder and harder to convince myself that its right of me to spend $6 to let you guys finish out the season. Its not a money issue, it just feels wrong to pay out of my pocket when, it seems, very few of you guys take this league seriously (I know there are some of you who do, please disregard this as it doesnt apply to you) Now, you may see me as a dick, and if you do, so be it, I can live with it. But, after thinking long and hard about it over the last few days, Ive realized that this is what I believe is right and therefor its what Im going to do. Now, Im not a total jerk, far from it, if you guys want to collectively come up with the $6 or so in order to save and finish the season, I am more than happy to do it. Hell, If you guys even come close, Ill probably kick in the difference. I had not intended on continuing past the final week (since the records are so out of wack due to the missed/unplayed games) but if those of you in the playoff race wish to hold playoffs, Ill be happy to assist. So the future of this season and the league is in your hands (and it should have been all along) There are 16 of us so that puts the cost at 37 cents a piece, the price of a stamp. If you guys feel its unfair or that Im trying to hold you hostage, Im sorry that you feel that way. I can assure you $6 is not enough for me to retire to Cancun. I just need you guys to step up and show what, if anything, this league means to you. Past history makes it seem like it doesnt mean a whole lot. Im really hoping you guys will prove me wrong. I guess we'll see.

Mike

P.S. And as far as season 2, Im not quite sure where we stand on that. I would certainly love to have one but Im not feeling to confident how well it will run. Once we decided what we want to do with this season, we all can discuss season 2 further.

M

are you just trying to raise money for a 1 month extention?
have you tried a 2 month trial?
How would you collect the money?

Edit: oh yeah, I don't mind puttin in.

[quote name='Santurio']are you just trying to raise money for a 1 month extention?
have you tried a 2 month trial?
How would you collect the money?

Edit: oh yeah, I don't mind puttin in.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with "raising" the money. That CCard has about 1000 times the monthly Live fee available on it. Its a matter of principle. Im trying to find out if you guys care more about the league than the schedule would suggest. I have no problem giving up what little free time and money I have to help everything run smoothly. But when I get near zero help from the group, it makes it harder and harder to make that sacrafice, ya dig?

M

[quote name='supadupacheap']It has nothing to do with "raising" the money. That CCard has about 1000 times the monthly Live fee available on it. Its a matter of principle. Im trying to find out if you guys care more about the league than the schedule would suggest. I have no problem giving up what little free time and money I have to help everything run smoothly. But when I get near zero help from the group, it makes it harder and harder to make that sacrafice, ya dig?

M[/QUOTE]

No, you misunderstand, I meant are you just trying to get the money to cover a month. As instead of a whole year. I wasn't judging your or doubting your financial situation. I was just wondering where the $6 figure came from.

While I'm here, Gomer I am still available for our game.

[quote name='Santurio']No, you misunderstand, I meant are you just trying to get the money to cover a month. As instead of a whole year. I wasn't judging your or doubting your financial situation. I was just wondering where the $6 figure came from.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the subscription fee is $5.99 if you are set up for monthly payments.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, the subscription fee is $5.99 if you are set up for monthly payments.[/QUOTE]

Ok, cool.

Man sorry we didn't get to play our game last week. We kept missing each other and then that last day I saw you on but I had just got home with Doom 3, so I didn't even think about football. Then the week changed before we played.

[quote name='Santurio']No, you misunderstand, I meant are you just trying to get the money to cover a month. As instead of a whole year. I wasn't judging your or doubting your financial situation. I was just wondering where the $6 figure came from.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Now I see where youre coming from. No, I wouldnt dream of having yuo guys pay my year. Didnt really want you guys to pay my month either. I simply wanted to gauge where we are as a league and make a point. Its not about the money. Its about meeting me half way.

M

bread's done
Back