CAG NFL Season Discussion

Yeah, really sad to see that. He was a local favorite, and a lot of people thought the Titans should have kept him. Life is short, man.

In other news, the Titans DBa are so bad, Blidi Wreh-Wilson just lost a jump ball to Andy Dalton...

Fully expecting Jake Locker to get injured any play now.

The Browns had a nice start to the game to get a TD on the first drive and take the lead. The Browns D has done well on the first two drives, keeping Baltimore to a FG in the first drive before completely shutting them down on the second drive. I hope they can keep up the good work.

Edit: And there's the big run given up that I was hoping this D could contain today. If they can keep the homeruns from happening, that'll at least be a nice compromise.

Last edited by a moderator:
These penalties are un-fucking-real. Titans get a huge turnover at the Bengals 30, Locker makes a great throw to get them inside the 10, and Michael Oher comes running in with a flying elbow drop at the end of the play and gets called for unnecessary roughness. God damn ignorant animals, man. Two plays later, Locker tries to do too much and gets picked off. So fucking stupid.

It always sucks to see a player go down without any contact to at least make you feel like their body didn't just give out on them. I hope Pitta's injury isn't as bad as everybody assumes it to be.

These penalties are un-fucking-real. Titans get a huge turnover at the Bengals 30, Locker makes a great throw to get them inside the 10, and Michael Oher comes running in with a flying elbow drop at the end of the play and gets called for unnecessary roughness. God damn ignorant animals, man. Two plays later, Locker tries to do too much and gets picked off. So fucking stupid.
At least it wasn't a false start penalty.

TD runs by each of the Browns' rookie RBs is great to see to cap off a number of big passes. I see that people compare Isaiah Crowell to Marshawn Lynch, so I'm glad the Browns snatched him up after nobody gave him the time of day during the draft.

Stephen Tulloch went down with a knee injury while celebrating in Detroit.
That's just karma.

At least it wasn't a false start penalty.
lol...nah, the Titans already had two of those by that point...from two other veteran players that are supposed to compose a stud offensive line. Just completely inept morons. But then Locker will get ripped to shreds by the media because he can't turn shit into gold.

And in addition to not being able to cover Andy Dalton, Blidi Wreh-Wilson has two penatlies of his own. Team effort all the way around.

Oh, I also can't forget the holding call in the endzone that resulted in a safety...by yet another different offensive lineman. And Ryan Succop missed two field goals. This team is special.

I love the look of this offense right now. It's not perfect without a big playmaker like Josh Gordon, but the 1-2 punch of West and Crowell at RB are a huge boon for this team that they haven't seen at all in the past 15 years. The WRs they do have are going a good job of making some plays, especially Andrew Hawkins as the slot guy that seems to get open quite often. They don't have to rely on the TEs as much as some assumed they would.

Edit: There's Miles Austin making a great TD catch to capitalize a great drive for the Browns. This is such a huge improvement over what we've seen in the past few years. I'm glad to see that Miles Austin is getting back to what he used to be in Dallas.

Did a team really just let Andy Dalton score a passing TD with a hard run after the catch lmao
It wasn't really "a team" that let it happen. It was a 2nd year CB who doesn't have any business being a #2 corner. He actually read the play right and was in position. It just seemed like he froze and couldn't decide to go for the INT (which would have been an easy pick 6) or just lay the shit out of Dalton. After he got by Wreh-Wilson, it was just a race to the endzone.

God, how I wish it had been Pollard in coverage on that side. The hit would have been glorious. I normally wouldn't wish for a player to be injured...but when you run cutesy shit like that, you deserve to get laid out. But the reality is, the Titans just don't have good enough players.

Well that drive went better than expected. Ravens give up a 70 yard pass and then special teams with the blocked FG

Can't believe they cant switch games instead of showing this awful rams/cowboys garbage. Both teams suck shit.

Wow late flag much? romo gets sacked so you throw a flag for a garbage hold that happened way earlier in the play to save their ass? How the fuck do you play defense these days.

t1mo2ec4phi6jzrjbetb.gif

Tough loss for the Rams... After going 21-0 I was hoping that the Rams would get their first 2-1 start since 2006, but no such luck. Still it was nice to see the Rams be competitive and to have a Quarterback that looks like he actually gives a damn. 

Disappointing way to end that game. The final drive for the Browns was a bit too conservative compared to the rest of the game where they took chances throughout the game.

My best guess for this early stretch for the Browns was to grab one win from one of these three tough teams, but they managed to exceed expectations of basically nearly winning each game. I'm optimistic about their chances to build on their progress so far after the bye once they start facing softer competition for a few weeks.

MeagerWiltedEel.gif

The Dalton TD catch in case anyone didn't see it. I seriously don't know how...as a defensive player, you don't just lay him the fuck out. Even if it's a fine-worthy, helmet-in-his-chest cheap shot...just lay him the fuck out and send a message. That's your freaking job as a defensive player. He had a free and clear open shot at the other team's star QB in a place he had no business being and he just froze. Embarrassing, man.

Outside of the Atlanta and Minnesota coverage areas, the Louisville market is the only one in the country showing the Falcons-Vikings game over 49ers-Eagles for the late game today, which blows for me because I have Louisville FOX here in southern Indiana. The only possible reason for this is that Teddy Bridgewater is now the Vikings' starting QB, which seems like a stupid reason to punish people with terrible football.

I swear it seems like the colts always get some random stroke of luck against the titans. last year it was garbage calls, now Jake locker is out.

The Bears/Packers game is on some worse than replacement officials type of buffoonery. GB has about 3 tds scored from drives extended by some "fuck it ill just make up some penalty flag" type of shit.

I swear it seems like the colts always get some random stroke of luck against the titans. last year it was garbage calls, now Jake locker is out.
Ehh...this Titans team needs a lot of work. Somethng happened after Week 1. I mean, yeah...it could just be that the Chiefs were that bad. But there was an intensity in that game that hasn't been seen since. The offense has its own problems, but the defense hasn't been able to get any pressure on the QB the past two weeks. They had 8 sacks in the first 2 games and 0 in the last 2 games. And the CBs simply aren't good enough if they can't get pressure on the QB.

On the offensive side, the receivers look lazy. That was supposed to be a strong point...but they're running sloppy routes and dropping catches. That drives me nuts after dealing with similar things from Jared Cook and Kenny Britt. Titans receivers always seem to be lazy as hell for some reason.

Not to mention, Shonn Greene hasn't done anything, and they haven't really been utilizing McCluster at all. Whatever plan of attack they have, it's not working. They're not even keeping games close. Last year, they even played the Seahawks tough and were in the game up until the final minutes. This year's team looks lost.

Depends on your expectations. I could see the Texans or Cowboys (maybe both) making it into the playoffs, but wouldn't expect either team to advance past the wild card round.

Glad to see the Chiefs came to play tonight. Doubtful they will keep the momentum going into the next few weeks, but Ill take it when I can get it.

Wow I am starting to think that the Dolphins have a real shot at the AFC East. I know it is early in the season, but man the Pats look bad.

bread's done
Back