CAG NFL Season Discussion

OMG...that's so funny! Did you just come up with that?

Seriously though, what kind of fucktard is in favor of cheating? There's no question of whather Brady cheated here. He's getting off on a technicality. And if that's the case, I hope the NFL shores up things on their end so that players/teams can't do this shit anymore. It's the same reason I think USADA testing in MMA is a fantastic thing. If I wanted rigged entertainment, I'd just go watch WWE.
We get it. You don't like Brady or the Patriots.

Get over it.

im really thinking about seeing a redskins game this year (want to see this sideshow before it blows up next offseason). would definitely go if the niners were visiting.

The only way out of this is to remove Kraft and Belichick from the league for at least a year, or maybe even permanently. They continuously do everything they can to violate the competitive integrity of the sport. Nearly just as bad are the fans that blindly support them and their "win at all costs" mentality.

As for Brady, there is no doubt he's a great player, but his legacy is tarnished forever. There was no need for him to ever cheat, but he apparently couldn't help trying to get every advantage possible.

Yup. Goodell has to go too. The league all played nice to avoid a Senate investigation but now they got to deal with this. If anything really comes out of this though, I see Belichick getting banned or something based on "new evidence."

I'm sure the NFL will find a new way to screw Missouri in all of this. I don't think Kraft is going anywhere, but I can see Belichick retiring at the end of the season. (He's 63) Hopefully Goodell is gone, but I think he'll probably stay unless congress gets involved.

The only way out of this is to remove Kraft and Belichick from the league for at least a year, or maybe even permanently. They continuously do everything they can to violate the competitive integrity of the sport. Nearly just as bad are the fans that blindly support them and their "win at all costs" mentality.

As for Brady, there is no doubt he's a great player, but his legacy is tarnished forever. There was no need for him to ever cheat, but he apparently couldn't help trying to get every advantage possible.
Out of this? I'm guessing you are referring to the ESPN article. It's a hatchet job. A hatchet job that reinforces every ignorant fan's opinion and as such is treated as newsworthy fact. A month ago it was "I'm so sick of hearing about this. Brady should just take the penalty and move on." Today it's, "Burn them!"

Well, I was coming here to mock and sarcastically say "Come on, you just hate Brady and the Patriots. We get it." But amazingly, the apologists are already out in full force.

...when the league investigated the New England Patriots in 2007 they were found to have "a library of scouting material containing videotapes of opponents' signals, with detailed notes matching signals to plays for many teams going back seven seasons." There were 40 games worth of tapes, ESPN said.
I mean, seriously...if you want people to stop thinking of your franchise as a pile of shit, then stop reeking of it. The 49ers have had their share of problems lately, but nobody has multiple cases opened accusing them of cheating and going out of their way to ruin the sport.

But yeah, ok. It's just a witch hunt...

Last edited by a moderator:
did someone say 49ers, just kidding. so what did the patriots do this week to piss people off (im not up to date to whatever it is)

Well, I was coming here to mock and sarcastically say "Come on, you just hate Brady and the Patriots. We get it." But amazingly, the apologists are already out in full force.

I mean, seriously...if you want people to stop thinking of your franchise as a pile of shit, then stop reeking of it. The 49ers have had their share of problems lately, but nobody has multiple cases opened accusing them of cheating and going out of their way to ruin the sport.

But yeah, ok. It's just a witch hunt...
Yet you are unknowingly quoting a factually relevant part of the article where ESPN made a pretty damn glaring omission.

did someone say 49ers, just kidding. so what did the patriots do this week to piss people off (im not up to date to whatever it is)
ESPN (specifically Outside the Lines) ran an article where they discovered that the NFL found out that Spygate lasted for 40 games between 2001-2007 instead of just that one game against the Jets. The article says that Goodell went so hard against the Pats for Delfategate because he let them off the hook for Spygate.

Enlighten us, oh magnificent one.

ESPN (specifically Outside the Lines) ran an article where they discovered that the NFL found out that Spygate lasted for 40 games between 2001-2007 instead of just that one game against the Jets. The article says that Goodell went so hard against the Pats for Delfategate because he let them off the hook for Spygate.
Taping signals from the sidelines was not against the rules prior to 2006. At that point the NFL made it illegal to tape signals from the sidelines, requesting it be done from the press box instead (to Patriots fans, I don't want to get into an argument over whether or not the rule was approved, ratified, memo bullshit, etc.,) I would say maybe 5-6 of those games were filmed following the rule change.

Did they say something about Patriots radio on the Steelers headsets? Man they just wont let anything work correctly in that stadium. Their scoreboard clock mysteriously breaks at times too.

I can't tell what's worse. That badly edited SNF intro or the Steelers' defense.

EDIT: How is it Ben and Tomlin have been in the NFL this long and suck this bad in the hurry-up?

The Patriots jamming the opponents headsets was in the ESPN report about all the other shit they did during Spygate. I'm sure this is just a freaky coincidence.

Assuredly. Only the most hardcore conspiracy theorist would think that the Patriots would be stupid enough to attempt blatant cheating right away. Or is that just what they want you to think... :D

Honestly Patriots looked good... but the Steelers looked so bad!!!!  Defense was horrendous with communication and not covering anyone.  Offense was good but couldn't convert in red zone and missed field goals killed it.  

I know Patriot fans who say it's the greatest team ever, but I for one think they are good, but the Steelers suck!

as the other bay team fan, that's some BS (hope he can turn his life around somehow). Wondering if he will face any NFL suspensions for that incident.
Word is he is eligible to play Sunday, which I think is Bull! He should be facing minimum of 4 games, but I can't rmember if he has already been suspended 4 games? Then wouldn't it be a season suspension?

I'm not expecting there to be much to be happy about with the Titans this year, so I'll take what I can get.

Marcus Mariota throws a 52yd TD pass on his first drive...which is immediately followed by Jameis Winston throwing a TAINT on his first NFL pass. That was amazing! Thanks, Bucs! :)

Edit - Mariota has 4 TD passes in the first half. Holy crap, lol.

well dez Bryant is out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot. guess we will now have all the romo fuck ups to keep us entertain for the coming months

The injuries from week one are crazy!

Suggs - Season

Bryant - 4-6 weeks

Desean Jackson - Pulled Hamstring

The entire secondary position for the Saints

Mike Evans - Not playing

DJ Fluker

T.Y.Hilton

Cromartie - Season

At this point, I think Goodell is just trying to get himself fired. Adam Jones should have been suspended.

EDIT: Apparently Tom Brady is Cartman's hero. Appropriate.

tony romo out with broken clavicle so, which of the other sh*tty NFC east teams will claim that division

That's the way to turn the ball over Colts, way to go. Now that you've gotten that out of your system how about playing football?

11987205_10153682661904515_5448294521702116748_n.jpg

Breaking News: Cowboys make some quick moves in the wake of Tony Romo's injury & pick up Uncle Rico. He's been rumored to throw footballs over mountains.#dallascowboys #tonyromo

That Denver O-line is terrible.
You have no idea. Although so far it seems almost every team has a bad O-line. QB's dropping like flies and defensive sacks are way up so far!

Funny thing from the Broncos, the really bad line play isn't so much from the rookies on the line, but our veteran all pro guards Vasquez and Mathis.... hopefully they can get it together, we have never had a defense this good before.

bread's done
Back