CAG October Pick Ups! Show your hauls for the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my latest purchases:

OctoberGames.jpg

From left to right:

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core LE PSP
I found this baby at my local WonderGoo for 21,800 yen "USED". "USED" meaning in perfect condition with no dead pixels and a screen protector! :D
Includes LE PSP, Crisis Core w/LE box art, and a Buster Sword phone strap.

GuitarFreaks/DrumMania V3
The latest home version of the GuitarFreaks/DrumMania arcade games. Woo.

Pop'n Music 11
I've just gotten into Pop'n Music recently and I've been slowly tracking down all of the PS2 games for reasonable prices. The newer ones (11-14) usually go for about 6-7000 yen, but I found this one for 5000.

NICO DVD
I randomly found this at my favorite resale shop. Apparently it was a pre-order bonus/promo for Shadow of the Colossus here in Japan. It has lots of promotional videos, trailers, making-of videos, and TV commercials for both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Also includes the very cool NICO trailer (which later evolved into SOTC).

I'm off to Osaka for the Beer Fest and a trek through DenDen Town, so I'm sure I'll have more games to add to the list next week. :D

So far this month:

NES:
Bionic Commando (cart only) - $2.50

And purchased from brianmoy for $15 total:

NES:
Journey To Silius (cart only)
Low G Man (cart only)
Puss N Boots: Pero's Great Adventure (cart only)
Yo! Noid (w/Funcoland cart sleeve)

Genesis:
Decap Attack (cart only)

SNES/N64/Gamecube A/V cable

[quote name='Gameboy415']Here's my latest purchases:

OctoberGames.jpg

From left to right:

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core LE PSP
I found this baby at my local WonderGoo for 21,800 yen "USED". "USED" meaning in perfect condition with no dead pixels and a screen protector! :D
Includes LE PSP, Crisis Core w/LE box art, and a Buster Sword phone strap.

I'm off to Osaka for the Beer Fest and a trek through DenDen Town, so I'm sure I'll have more games to add to the list next week. :D[/QUOTE]

Nice pick up! I'm JEALOUS... Especially for that price!

I wanted to get one for myself, and I also wanted to keep one sealed for the collection/resell later... but I would have BIT FAST on one for about $200 in mint condition... congrats!

DSC00188.jpg

sorry for the crappy picture I only have a camera phone at the moment. This is everything I picked up so far in October.

Half Life Orange Box $54.99 (all from trades) from Gamestop
NBA 2K8 $59.99 from Gamestop
Kameo $7 from K-mart
Star Trek Legacy 360 $10 from K-Mart
Top spin 2 360 $10 from K-mart
HDMI 6ft Cable $8.88 from Frys
Knocked Up HD DVD $24.99 from Frys
28 weeks later Blu Ray $26.99 from Frys
Fantastic Four 2 Blu Ray $27.99 from Frys
Day After Tomorrow Blu Ray $24.99 from Frys
Underworld Blu Ray $17.99 from Frys
Halloween Blu Ray $17.99 from Frys
Entourage Season 3 Part 1 and 2 $16.99/$24.99 from Best Buy

Dukes of Hazzard, Four Brothers, Riddick, We Were Soliders, and Rundown were all from the 5 free HD-DVDs.

[quote name='tenzor']
DSC00188.jpg

sorry for the crappy picture I only have a camera phone at the moment. This is everything I picked up so far in October.

Half Life Orange Box $54.99 (all from trades) from Gamestop
NBA 2K8 $59.99 from Gamestop
Kameo $7 from K-mart
Star Trek Legacy 360 $10 from K-Mart
Top spin 2 360 $10 from K-mart
HDMI 6ft Cable $8.88 from Frys
Knocked Up HD DVD $24.99 from Frys
28 weeks later Blu Ray $26.99 from Frys
Fantastic Four 2 Blu Ray $27.99 from Frys
Day After Tomorrow Blu Ray $24.99 from Frys
Underworld Blu Ray $17.99 from Frys
Halloween Blu Ray $17.99 from Frys
Entourage Season 3 Part 1 and 2 $16.99/$24.99 from Best Buy

Dukes of Hazzard, Four Brothers, Riddick, We Were Soliders, and Rundown were all from the 5 free HD-DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that Entourage Season Two and Season Three Part Two?

Some of the stuff I got in September, but didn't put up, so I guess I will post

DSC04054.jpg

day one pick up

DSC04045.jpg

DSC04049.jpg

Got these from trades

DSC04055.jpg

Picked these up today. Thought it was funny that the box was orange.
They didn't have the FFT stratgey guide in today, maybe they will have it tomorrow.
DSC04057.jpg

drug reference eh... don't remember if there was any drug references in the playstation ver.

No pics for now, but I did pick up a few things today.

Flea Market Finds:

Nintendo 64 w/ Expansion Pak - $10
Super Game Boy w/ original box - $5

Hollywood Video Finds:

Gears of War - $11.99
Halo 2 - $11.99
Dragon Ball Z Movie: Cooler's Revenge - $5.99
Dragon Ball Z Kid Buu: A New Beginning - $5.99

Originally, GoW wasn't ringing up due to something regarding no barcode and it not being in the sale system due to a customer having returned it 18 days late or something of that effect. Cashier finally got it to scan but saw it coming up for $44.99. She manually adjusted it to $11.99 since she was by herself and said her shift was just about done and wanted to be out of there.

There's ALOT of people picking up stuff for retail price in this thread lately. I, sadly, still have NO pick ups for this month, though I should hit crappy GS and grab Darwin before it goes OOP.

So far in October, I've bought:

Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels ($6.00)
Super Paper Mario ($42.00, $5.00 credit stacked with 10% off coupon)
Guitar Hero III: Wii Bundle (FREE, thanks to lots of points from GamingLagoon)

This October, I picked up:

DDR SN 2
Growlanser: Heritage of War Deluxe Edition
MLB Power Pros
Phantom Hourglass+Deluxe Guide.

I'll also be picking up GHIII and PW3 later this month.

Yesterday went to the gamestop and got.

Wario ware smooth moves, Wii
Animal Crossing, GC (NO MANUAL)
1019 Gamecube memory card

Some of the things I got in the mail the last couple days:

1556527595_e4f9eeee91_o.jpg

Free Deck of UFS cards now featuring SNK's KOF2006 and Samurai Showdown V.

1556527663_208ca18d9e_o.jpg

Gamer Advisory Panel Welcome Letters and Membership Cards (Haha).

1556527173_a32115f73c_o.jpg

Gamer Advisory Panel Japanese PlayStation Shirt (This one surprised me the most).

IMG_0700.jpg

This is most of the gaming stuff I've picked up in the last few weeks here.

Most of the Super Famicom stuff was 500 yen each, except for Breath of Fire, Soul Blader and Romancing SaGa, which were 300, 300, and 100 respectively.

Wonder Project J2 and Vib Ribbon were both 200 brand new.

Thew new Ouendan game was a steal at 2500, since most places still sell it for 3600 or so. And finally, the first print Band Brothers, with headphones, for 3000. Very hard to find.

Go me!

Orange Box 360 - $0 (store credit)
Orange Box PC - $12 (after trades)
Pimp My Ride 360 - $12
Kameo 360 - $7
Chromehounds 360 - $7
Superman Returns 360 - $10
X3 Official Movie Game 360 - $10
Far Cry 360 - $10
Wartech 360 - $10

That's it so far, I'm sure i'll end up getting Guitar Hero 3.

October I bougth an Ipod touch 8gb($300 worth it) Steelsound 5H USB V2 Professional Gaming Headset for 35.00 from woot.com and the Orange Box(should have gone to eb games instead of ordering it from liongames:cry:)62.**.
P1020779.jpg

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']
IMG_0700.jpg

Most of the Super Famicom stuff was 500 yen each, except for Breath of Fire, Soul Blader and Romancing SaGa, which were 300, 300, and 100 respectively.

Thew new Ouendan game was a steal at 2500, since most places still sell it for 3600 or so. And finally, the first print Band Brothers, with headphones, for 3000. Very hard to find.

Go me![/quote]
The box art for Romancing SaGa and Bahamut Lagoon brings back memories of looking in the back of gaming mags when I was younger wishing I could read Japanese so I could play all these awesome looking Square Japanese games. :D

Pretty good weekend for me:

IMG_1589.jpg

For the people who don't like pictures, I offer the following listing:

Ergo Proxy Vol. 3
Ergo Proxy Vol. 4
Yu Yu Hakusho Collection 7
Jeanne D'Arc
Hotel Dusk Room 215
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Picked up the games during the TRU sale.

[quote name='MarkMan']Nice pickups Chac... probably the best TRU pickup I've seen in awhile lol...[/QUOTE]

Yeh, I was lucky that I saw Hotel Dusk, since I'd basically forgotten about that game entirely (once again)... I knew I wanted Zelda and Jeanne D'Arc, but since FFT was nowhere to be found, I was faced with a dilemma that could have required me to buy a piece of shit. Alas, I lucked out.

Surf's Up BLU RAY
16 GB Ipod Touch
The Jungle Book Dvd
Legend of Zelda PH DS
The Orange Box Xb360
Project Gotham 4 Xb360
NBA 2k8 Xb360
NBA Live 08 Xb360
Crash Of The Titans Xb360
Family Guy Vol. 3 Dvd

here's my haul so far:

All Pro Football 2K8 - $29.99 at wal-mart
Wartech - $9.99 at gamestop
Final Fantasy Tactics - given to from a co-worker
Jeanne D' Arc - free game from TRU B2G1
Rune Factory - $29.99 at TRU B2G1
Contact - $12 at work

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']
IMG_0700.jpg

Go me![/quote]
Why the hell is Japan so generous on older game prices? Especially on awesome stuff such as that. :cry:

[quote name='Tsukento']Why the hell is Japan so generous on older game prices? Especially on awesome stuff such as that. :cry:[/quote]

i dont think they collect as much as we do. then again im not so sure. i know they are crazy about limited edition stuff. like those metal gear solid limited edition sets.

[quote name='mrelusive']Silly EA. Not everyone in Canada speaks or understands French...

[/quote]

funny you mention this while i was at kmart one day i saw a resident evil outbreak 1 in french. i dont know why it was there but i thought that was kinda weird. either someone returned it, or they got it as a mistake.

[quote name='Tsukento']Why the hell is Japan so generous on older game prices? Especially on awesome stuff such as that. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Well, the RPGs are explainable at least - they get a much larger print run in Japan because they sell tons more copies than in America. If I want a Japanese copy of Chrono Trigger, I can pretty much go to any used game store and pick up a mint and complete copy for around 500 yen.

A far greater question would be "Why is it so easy to find mint and complete copies of Famicom and Super Famicom games?" Same goes for all of the *spotless* disc-based games, too. I mean, you hardly ever find stuff in this sort of condition back in America. All of my stuff dating back to the NES era is still mint (I was a tidy, careful kid), but not a single one of my friends treated their games like I did. Stupid America.

Ah yes. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the resale values being a better profit to the people bringing the games in complete and perfect condition, right? Lesser profit for more things missing and what not.

Would be so much better if that was the case here. That and if parents didn't toss out the damned old NES, Super NES, GB/GBC/GBA and N64 boxes. :p

500 Yen is about $4-something isn't it? Chrono Trigger at that price would be a steal compared to $50 for cart-only copies and $100+ on complete or sealed ones.

Damn you people like to spend money! So far the only thing I've bought is Zelda for DS. I am debating whether to place a $500 order for arcade parts though even though I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me.

[quote name='Tsukento']Ah yes. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the resale values being a better profit to the people bringing the games in complete and perfect condition, right? Lesser profit for more things missing and what not.

Would be so much better if that was the case here. That and if parents didn't toss out the damned old NES, Super NES, GB/GBC/GBA and N64 boxes. :p

500 Yen is about $4-something isn't it? Chrono Trigger at that price would be a steal compared to $50 for cart-only copies and $100+ on complete or sealed ones.[/QUOTE]
Even when stores do implement that type of policy, it doesn't do much good (this was the case at the used game store I used to work at, at least). Kids (and adults) would still beat the living shit out of their games, throw away their boxes (and cases for some reason), then be shocked when we either offered them very little because the games weren't complete, or couldn't take them due to huge, deep scratches. Nobody ever learned, and little by little my faith in humanity diminished.

Yeah, 500 yen is in the 4.25 range right now, so for people that can read Japanese, imports are the way to go. Heck, every now and then I still see brand new copies of Mother 2 (EarthBound) for 1500 yen. So cheap and so awesome!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Even when stores do implement that type of policy, it doesn't do much good (this was the case at the used game store I used to work at, at least). Kids (and adults) would still beat the living shit out of their games, throw away their boxes (and cases for some reason), then be shocked when we either offered them very little because the games weren't complete, or couldn't take them due to huge, deep scratches. Nobody ever learned, and little by little my faith in humanity diminished.

Yeah, 500 yen is in the 4.25 range right now, so for people that can read Japanese, imports are the way to go. Heck, every now and then I still see brand new copies of Mother 2 (EarthBound) for 1500 yen. So cheap and so awesome![/QUOTE]

It does seem like a cultural difference. People break their shit here, but whenever you see some used Japanese import, you'd be hard pressed to find anything that distinguishes it from a new copy apart from the shrink wrap. I have never once seen a used copy of a game at Gamestop that was truly mint.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Got this at a thrift:

PlayStation:
Ford Racing (complete) - $2[/quote]

they ripped you off.

very slow month.

Grandia II for DC goozex
Fatal Frame xbox $12
Okami $20 *sealed

cag trades:

Tales of the Abyss guide
god of war II le guide
brigandine ps1 guide
ogre battle 64 guide

60gb PS3 for $106 after trade ins and with a year long extended warranty;
Heavenly Sword for $50
Resistance for $50
preordered Simpsons for 360 and got a Homer ball
preordered Super Mario Galaxy and didn't get a coin*grrr*

I got Sonic Rush Adventure for $13, traded Dead Rising for EDF2017 straight up, and bought Oni for PS2 for $5. I'm too lazy to find my camera right now. My excuse? I'm on crutches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back