CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

I think Capcom has gone on the record saying they're not doing a CvS2 remix/update/port, at least not this year because of the proximity to MvC2 and SSF4.

However, that doesn't change the fact that I would pay full price for just the PS2 port dropped onto PSN with online play, 1994-Morrigan and all, god damn you, Capcom.

:D

Great game(s) Frank, Paco, and Esper. Backbone needs to suck a dick, so much trouble to just connect...

Btw Esper, that Kara Focus Taunt was BS. I quit!!!1! Haha j/k, it was badass.

good games to everyone, it's unfortunate we couldn't get a long session going. Couple matches here and there. If only we could have done it sooner around 10 pst. so, thursday again or some other day? It feels like HDR night all over again.

Frank has a solid Ryu in hdr. Very close matches.

[quote name='option.iv']Btw Esper, that Kara Focus Taunt was BS. I quit!!!1! Haha j/k, it was badass.[/QUOTE]

With 20% of life left, I had to do it. I was going to lose anyway, lol.

Also, dictator's st.fwd and rh are nasty. All of his normals would own all of viper's specials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, gg's guys.

I never really played in a lobby and never knew it was that bad. Most of the time I play offline and scoreboard.

Those close matches were fun as heck. You guys are great. Rogs and Dictator give me problems, I've completely forgot the match-ups since I've been concentrating on SF4 and 3S.

Great games yesterday luan.

HD Remix is great as I don't have to worry about reversals too much and I have more confidence in throwing out meaties (i.e. Dictator's cr.mk) on wakeup. It's definitely a different beast, when compared to SFIV.

I just wish they'd fix up the matchmaking. Couple tips though when trying to join lobbies. If you get the room full message or you disconnect with the message player disconnected, a simple restart will fix those probs. Just quit game and load up the game again. If you don't restart, your game is prone to more of the same thing. I've noticed this happens when a bunch of people are on (2+). Me thinks the game can't handle all the different kinds of connections.

[quote name='option.iv']Great games yesterday luan.

HD Remix is great as I don't have to worry about reversals too much and I have more confidence in throwing out meaties (i.e. Dictator's cr.mk) on wakeup. It's definitely a different beast, when compared to SFIV.

I just wish they'd fix up the matchmaking. Couple tips though when trying to join lobbies. If you get the room full message or you disconnect with the message player disconnected, a simple restart will fix those probs. Just quit game and load up the game again. If you don't restart, your game is prone to more of the same thing. I've noticed this happens when a bunch of people are on (2+). Me thinks the game can't handle all the different kinds of connections.[/QUOTE]

Methinks that Backbone programmed the game like ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

AVN.jpg

Great games md and Esper. Man, nothing like playing a bunch of HD Remix. Luckily we only disconnected once and got a good amount of matches in. md's 5 hit combo with Zangief was out of this world. Next time I'll remember to turn off my Game Genie codes, haha.

Also was fun playing a little Battle Fantasia md, we need to get more people on that list for sure.

for sure fun games . i dc'd and hit the hay

Battle Fantasia is a cool game too bad its not as popular with the masses

Have you guys checked the video game deals thread on mvc2?
MVC2 on psn for $7.49 starting tomorrow (2/18).

Thanks to Bug42 for the heads up.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252594

EDIT: Also, on the PS Blog, SSF2 HD Remix will be on sale for $7.49 on (2/25).
Info - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/marvel-vs-capcom-2-50-percent-off-and-a-comment-contest

It's a good time to jump on these deals right now.

DOUBLE EDIT: More Makoto and Ibuki gameplay. As well as the Dudley and Sagat video. Vids are two days old. Kinda late, but oh well. Original source-gamespot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssf53lz0_kg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ikWujegklQ

Nice vids Esper, Makoto looks pissed off in her 3d model. Her sweep looks like it comes out really fast. I hope her reset shenanigans are carried over.

Dudley definitely looks awesome, first the Heart Break Shot then the Dempsey Roll? (Hajime no Ippo references)

And is it just me, but does Sagat's 2nd Ultra look lame as hell?

I remember they said 10 characters for Super Street Fighter IV or around that. Well I searched and only came up with 9 so far. Has all 10 been announced?

Adon
Cody
Dee Jay
Dudley
Guy
Ibuki
Juri
Makoto
T. Hawk

Or did I miss one? :)

There's 1 more to be announced. Supposedly it's Hakan, a middle eastern fighter I believe, who's into oils. It's sort of confirmed at the end of the trailer video.

[quote name='option.iv']There's 1 more to be announced. Supposedly it's Hakan, a middle eastern fighter I believe, who's into oils. It's sort of confirmed at the end of the trailer video.[/QUOTE]

Alright I wasn't sure. I'm getting excited about ssfiv. I didn't play sfiv a whole lot when I got it. I plan on playing the crap out of ssfiv.

Has Hakan appeared in any previous games? People talk about him like they know exactly who it is. (Not specifically here.)

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Has Hakan appeared in any previous games? People talk about him like they know exactly who it is. (Not specifically here.)[/QUOTE]

He was on a rumored list before SSFIV was even announced. So far the characters on it have been 100% correct and the description of him (oil, bla bla bla) seems to have been dead on judging from the teaser.

Just played some more KOF XII. Person thought he could beat me, but I'm invincible. LIKE SOVIET UNION. He used PREDICTABLE AMERICAN MOVES. But I used Chin style shenanigans to overpower him.

[quote name='Paco']Just played some more KOF XII. Person thought he could beat me, but I'm invincible. LIKE SOVIET UNION. He used PREDICTABLE AMERICAN MOVES. But I used Chin style shenanigans to overpower him.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, I wonder if maybe I could... :whistle2:k

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Hmmmm, I wonder if maybe I could... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

If you think you have the guts to stand up to me, then go right ahead. Option.iv and Jman can attest to it that I know my KOFS. Plus I eat tons of ruf$$$e.

Are there any preorder bonuses or CE for SSFIV? I havent bought a game at launch in a year or 2 and I'll be bummed if when I finally do I get nothing special for it...

they didn't for the original, so I'm not sure what they could do for this one (SSF4)

i doubt they'd give costumes because they like to charge after the fact as well

Man I've been listening to the Level|Up/Wednesday Fight Night theme by Redrapper on endless loop. It's damn good. Usually I'm not into rap/hip hop, but this song's beat is just awesome and the lyrics are totally relevant... at least to a fighting game nerd.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8688266

edit: This song actually would be awesome as the SSFIV theme, but knowing Capcom, we're going to get some metrosexual Jpop crap.

[quote name='option.iv']This song actually would be awesome as the SSFIV theme, but knowing Capcom, we're going to get some metrosexual Jpop crap.[/QUOTE]

That song is badass. Now that's a manly song.

Oh look, Guile got a buff in SSFIV!​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3SNj9_LE9Y

not really, it's an old video. hacked pc version, I think. Pretty funny though. lol @ the sonic boom pressure and flash kick to fadc ex flash kick.

[quote name='option.iv']Man I've been listening to the Level|Up/Wednesday Fight Night theme by Redrapper on endless loop. It's damn good. Usually I'm not into rap/hip hop, but this song's beat is just awesome and the lyrics are totally relevant... at least to a fighting game nerd.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8688266

edit: This song actually would be awesome as the SSFIV theme, but knowing Capcom, we're going to get some metrosexual Jpop crap.[/QUOTE]

I'd beg for indestructible to come back.
I don't like it.

That's great news, it seems like Makoto is going to be similar to her 3s version. However, I hope there's news about her Kara-cancelling sometime. That's what I'm concerned about. Though I'm pysched her god like dash is preserved.

Nice games option. Sorry about the bs fuerte ultra; couple of rounds back.
It was funny though :)
Attempted the RSF, but no luck, I couldn't get the timing of the inputs out at all lol.

Yeah, i kept eating ElF Ultra over and over, I tried to dash different ways but kept getting caught between his legs. Man, I must be getting older or you're getting better, I got raped that Abel v Gen match hard.

Great games Frank, nice to see you on SFIV as well. You Ryu is solid. Surprised you knew how to handle FA while jumping in. I started to get raped by them mashed dps.

Yeah, man. GG's. I was definitely mashin' that DP after your non-stop block strings.

For the most part I know every match up well enough sans Rose, Abel, Chun, Fei.

I've never fought an Abel that could effectively AA consistently so I was doing stupid s**t at times. I'm going to bother you next time you're on SF4.

Sick Apple though.

Hakan doing the helicopter f-bomb on Juri, awesome.

I excited about Makoto, but from the people's impressions, she's missing a big part of her game... her post-hayate karakusa (command grab). And Hayate is still unsafe on block, wtf Capcom, wtf. At least it's hit confirmable on cr.jab strings... Maybe her tsurugi will be her main offense, just hope it can be TK'ed.

BTW, great games the other night Frank and great games this afternoon Mr.Beef.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Gamestop is giving "thumb wrestlers" with pre-orders for SSF4. They look strange to me but a collector's item is a collector's item. I'll sign up when it comes out, right now I just have SF4 on the 360
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76129[/QUOTE]

GS better give me my fucking thumb fighters. If they don't, everything that's sitting upright in the store is going to get knocked down, especially the magazine rack.
what a dumb collector's item. Ohhh, they want you to think that those are finger covers, but the truth is that they are condoms. Yay, I could use a set! :cool:

bread's done
Back