CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

[quote name='m_d_amore']hope i get the zangief rubber[/QUOTE]

You don't even know how much trouble I would get in if I had Zangief condoms. Stand on the other side of the room, throw my hands up and lumber over to the bed. And of course when all is said and done, "Russian wrestling is always #1!" Yeah Id be put on sexual time out for a while after that.

[quote name='Esper']That song is badass. Now that's a manly song.

:pray: I really hope the ssfiv intro theme is not jpop. Every time I listen to the Indestructable song, I feel less motivated and depressed. Gay and homosexual. I don't have the killer instinct or drive to fight an opponent.

Which is why; INFINITE needs to make a comeback and do vocals for ssfiv. Put a sick beat on top of that, you got yourself another hit. Shit, the FG community in Toronto should help us out and track him. Fly him out to Japan or something. Dude could make a killing on itunes too.

Oh look, Guile got a buff in SSFIV!​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3SNj9_LE9Y

not really, it's an old video. hacked pc version, I think. Pretty funny though. lol @ the sonic boom pressure and flash kick to fadc ex flash kick.
[/QUOTE]

im all late on this one but I was freaking out until I read that it was a hacked pc video. lol

anyway though if you guys haven't added me yet please do so because between final fantasy and GOW 3 I am going to play some street fighter to get my mind off of things and stay somewhat sharp for Super next month.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']im all late on this one but I was freaking out until I read that it was a hacked pc video. lol[/QUOTE]

lol, i was pretty dumbfounded when i saw the video too.

[quote name='m_d_amore']hope i get the zangief rubber[/QUOTE]
Have a couple of dimepieces and be like... "Get ready for the RED CYCLONE!"

Great games Esper, I tried to do the Barcelona Trap on Sagat but no go. Damn auto correct dp, haha.

BTW, the Barcelona Trap is when Vega gets the opponent in the corner and just does his off the wall crap so he can essentially cross up over the opponent several times. Even if the opponent manages to dp, Vega will be behind them and just grab (kinda like a safe jump). Now the problem is getting the opponent in the corner. Man, this is going to be tight in SSFIV since Vega's off the wall specials are going to be a lot faster.

Man, I wanna play Vega again. Goes back to training mode.

[quote name='option.iv'] Man, this is going to be tight in SSFIV since Vega's off the wall specials are going to be a lot faster.

Man, I wanna play Vega again. Goes back to training mode.[/QUOTE]

Source?

[quote name='option.iv']Great games Esper, I tried to do the Barcelona Trap on Sagat but no go. Damn auto correct dp, haha.
[/QUOTE]

lol ggs, got caught 3 times in the corner by that thing. Saw my life dwindling at that point. All i needed to do is chip you, so i went for ex dp towards 1 player side. And it auto-corrected my dp towards 2 player side. I was like, "wow, that's not cool lol". :cry:

Still didn't have an answer for your Abel. Tried to apply pressure with Rose, didn't work. Should have picked Blanka and be random.

[quote name='option.iv']
BTW, great games the other night Frank and great games this afternoon Mr.Beef.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GG's.

That neutral jump short with Cammy stopping my flashkick for the win was awesome.

The weird ultras with Ryu were never intentional, it was weird I have shitty execution but I threw like 3-4 ultras at stupid times, it's never been that bad.

also, hakan looks... cool?

*esper I'm gonna send you a friend request since your from California as well.

Great games luan. Also, nice playing MvC2 with ya md and esper.

Yeah Frank, Esper is a great player. Better execution than I have for sure. Excellent C. Viper player btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
good games last night guys. im amped for SSF4 . when i do get it will there be a reaason to get 4? seems far away now thinking of 4 to tide me over hmm

Boxer is just nasty because of his quick ass jab and his roundhouse is fast as well. Sorry, all i knew to do was jab to throw strings or jab to roundhouse strings, lol. I've noticed though, people usually do cr.jab x 1 or 2, then st. jab (either to link if opp is standing or hit someone jumping), then cr. roundhouse. What's interesting is that the opponent is usually crouching and the st. jab whiffs. I guess, it's a valid blockstring. Also, I unfortunately hear that Boxer's Ultra 2 is not instant, like people can jump out of range once he engages the Ultra animation, unlike Zangief's.

Also, anyone hear of or use GGPO? Apparently, Capcom is finally going to use the famous and impeccable netcode for one of their upcoming games. However, it's not going to be a fighting game, it's an old school beat 'em up. Final Fight: Double Impact. People are suggesting that if you support this game, Capcom will implement the GGPO code into their fighters... I dunno though, Capcom has been screwing us over and again....

final fight? i feel Haggar laid the ground work for Zangief(big brute helicopter punch )
th_Haggar_NvC_Clothesline.gif

zangief-lariat.gif

The only thing that's annoying about Barlog for me is the range on his cr. roundhouse.

I'm interested in how Gen is going to play now since it's been confirmed (IIRC) that his mk > slaps have been taken away.

*and yeah, definitely buying final fight. That GGPO code is great. I'm definitely supporting that.

^That's what I don't understand. It was Gen's bread and butter, yet it isn't terribley overpowered. Damage scaling evened it out. Is Gen like secretly top tier? It's hard as hell to pull off st.mk>slap chop. Though I'm definitely a fan of Yeb (SoCal Gen player), I wonder if he's going to stick with Gen in SSFIV.

Can't wait for KOF XIII. The return of Takuma means I can finally use someone from the Art of Fighting Team proficiently again.

[quote name='option.iv']^That's what I don't understand. It was Gen's bread and butter, yet it isn't terribley overpowered. Damage scaling evened it out. Is Gen like secretly top tier? It's hard as hell to pull off st.mk>slap chop. Though I'm definitely a fan of Yeb (SoCal Gen player), I wonder if he's going to stick with Gen in SSFIV.[/QUOTE]

How often do you see console characters being used overall? I doubt many people have even scratched the surface of these characters.

[quote name='distgfx']How often do you see console characters being used overall? I doubt many people have even scratched the surface of these characters.[/QUOTE]
Apparently, a lot of San Diego players take pride in knowing the console characters, especially since we don't have SFIV cabinets or real arcades for that matter. However, I have not played any of these console character experts. Playing online, I still see a bunch of Sagats and Ryus, but sometimes I'll see a Fei-long or even a Dan. Even played against a Rose player who knew his stuff. Used backdash and spacing to make up for Rose's poor fireball recovery. But yeah, console chars are just few and far between.

after seeing an insane combo video of guile online, im attempting to use him. It helped to learn how to buffer his sonic boom, which i think would help me with balrog as well.

online lag sucks for linking moves. Its almost impossible to get consistent.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']after seeing an insane combo video of guile online, im attempting to use him. It helped to learn how to buffer his sonic boom, which i think would help me with balrog as well.

online lag sucks for linking moves. Its almost impossible to get consistent.[/QUOTE]
You plink? http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=186686

This effectively doubles your chances of hitting a link.

i.e. for guile:
cr.lk, cr. lp, cr. mp(hold)~lp xx flash kick or sonic boom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agoZ6fzrDC4

plinking with guile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pjO-EMh6Ho

More ssfiv playtest videos, if anyone's interested.

Deejay v. Makoto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj_8h65kd8o

these dudes are testing trade dp to ultra [ryu] in training mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCWgyEbUQE

same goes for [sagat] trade tu into f+rh to ultra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kkgr2scwvk

More videos of them using other characters in their channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/Larlusthx

oddly enough, my brother told me I had to look this up last night and stumbled across that video (guile plink) through a google search. Unfortunately, I suck at getting that triple button combo to come out consistently.

Ugh, yet more time spent in the training room lol

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i fail at plinking worse than I do linking 1 frame windows. I might be able to do a standing hp to FK maybe one out of ten times.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll try to help ya through it. First, master Ken's kara throw. I know that sounds like a weird direction to start from, but just do it. Once you can do it with a 99.9% success rate, you can attempt plinking. Now, with plinking, you still try to hit it as if it were a 1-frame link, which you say you have more luck with. The timing is still the exact same. Let me use rufus' lk to hp as an example. You still do it with the exact same timing you normally would, but press hp just slightly before mp where you'd normally just press hp. Kinda of like how you'd press f+mk just slightly before lk+lp with Ken's kara throw. The ONLY thing plinking does is making it twice as likely to hit the move on that 1-frame timing. I probably didn't explain it perfectly, but it's good enough for all you picky people!

nah, you did a real good job.

I always failed at doing standing lk to hp with rufus

the kara throw is hold -> mk, lp+lk. Am I supposed to plink something here?

King of Fighters XIII has been shown and the new Hyper mode is akin to the Max mode of King of Fighters 2002. BELIEVE BITCHES. fuck YOU Blazblue.

THIS is what everyone gets HYPED for. Mai returns, Yuri Returns, King Returns and there's talk about Yamazaki making a return.

Oh yeah prefight conversations in this game too.

c20100325_kof13b_26_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

[quote name='kurrptsenate']nah, you did a real good job.

I always failed at doing standing lk to hp with rufus

the kara throw is hold -> mk, lp+lk. Am I supposed to plink something here?[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's not plinking, I'm not quite sure how to explain it but it's basically cancelling a f+mk into a throw while gaining the distance he'd normally move for the f+mk. I just want you to try and master it so you get a feel of how closely you have to press the two buttons (counting lk+lp as one button in this example) together, which applies to plinking too. Plinking is where the game reads the same button twice without actually pushing it twice and thus gives you a better chance at linking. I probably suck at explaining in the eyes of vets though. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and good netcode for KoFXIII or bust.

[quote name='Paco']King of Fighters XIII has been shown and the new Hyper mode is akin to the Max mode of King of Fighters 2002. BELIEVE BITCHES. fuck YOU Blazblue.

THIS is what everyone gets HYPED for. Mai returns, Yuri Returns, King Returns and there's talk about Yamazaki making a return.

Oh yeah prefight conversations in this game too.

c20100325_kof13b_26_cs1w1_640x360.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I saw a video. It looks really good and they took out the zoom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbJ2fiGAfyc

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i got pretty good at the kara cancel throws with Ken but still have problems plinking guiles combos. maybe Ill get it soon[/QUOTE]

Yea, plinking's harder to do, just wanted you to practice the kara throws to get a feel of what people mean when they say "Press the button slightly before you press the other one."

I thought last year was good for fighters. This year is going to be great as well. We already got Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Then were getting Super Street Fighter IV, Blazblue CS,Then eventually the new King Of Fighters. Its going to be a great year for fighters again. Plus the new sam sho I almost forgot it. Although my hopes for it isn't that great,but since I own every fighter this gen I'll end up buying it as well. :bouncy:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Where's mah K' ?!?[/QUOTE]

Probably console exclusive to drum up sales. But more important is talks about Yamazaki being in this.

I'm definitely going to keep at this plinking thing. I can see it helping in the long run. I don't think it helps i play on the floor with the TE on the floor as well

KoF XIII looks... like the same shit. They seriously need to expand the movelists badly. I personally think they should fix throws and make them 1 frame. And if online sucks, which it will, I definitely won't get it at release, unless it's a budget title.

I second K', but I'm really rooting for Yamazaki. That guy is gangsta.

And where is my two plane fighting!?

[quote name='option.iv']KoF XIII looks... like the same shit. They seriously need to expand the movelists badly. I personally think they should fix throws and make them 1 frame. And if online sucks, which it will, I definitely won't get it at release, unless it's a budget title.

And where is my two plane fighting!?[/QUOTE]

I saw some new videos. From KOF12 they had the same woman in the background on 13 doing the same thing with some things removed. Surely it isn't final. If it is then snk is beyond lazy. I want my K as well. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t897Dogcm7w

Plus there is a bug as well in the video. Look at the first stage and tell me it basically isn't almost the same as the one in kof12.

[quote name='option.iv']KoF XIII looks... like the same shit. They seriously need to expand the movelists badly. I personally think they should fix throws and make them 1 frame. And if online sucks, which it will, I definitely won't get it at release, unless it's a budget title.

And where is my two plane fighting!?[/QUOTE]

K' fucking sucks and I'm tired of huge Shoto inspired characters list. Plus K' hates King of Fighters so you probably won't see him.

And they expanded the movelists. Elizabeth and Mature are getting some of the biggest movepumps out there. Terry has his buster wolf back. All characters are going to have at least Two DMs again. Clark got moves back, Ralf got moves back, Chin got moves added too. Sie Kensou got SIGNIFICANT moves back with his standard fireballs making a comeback. Athena has her teleport back. Ryo and Robert have moves back along with Joe. Every character has MORE MOVES this time around.

Two plane fighting was Fatal Fury and only the EARLY Fatal Fury games.

Throwing is back to direction and ONE button. You can also get out of throws.

DMs back to 3 bars. You gain one bar extra for each character that dies. 5 DM bars by the time you're on your last character.

I wouldn't talk anything unless you know how much has been changed and added. This is NOT going to play like 12 and all the systems of 12 have been REMOVED.

But then again, I'm one of those people that plays too much KOF. Every change really alters the gameplay system. SNK never had a streak of making nothing but good games. KOF is either really bad or really good and only sometimes average. This one looks really good with the Max mode type bar and the speed increase. Also I noticed that Joe's Tiger kick is slown down and the srk style moves are no longer invincible as I've seen Robert and Ash knocked out of theirs. Bravo SNK.

You know very little if you think this is the same Option. Even the jumping game is changed from the speed tweaks.

Thank god they got rid of the 12 system. Critical counter hit, really?

And I was kidding about two plane system. Did I forget my [/sarcasm] tag?

I kinda like throws back to one button.

Seriously though, no one can vouch for a decent online. Who's going to publish the game anyway. I sure as hell don't expect Ignition to do it. By then, who's really going to devote to a decent online. The last case was that 12 was built for Japan, where connections are closer together and a majority had very high speed connections. This is definitely not the case in the states. What stops whoever is publishing the game from just copying the same netcode and putting it in the US version. I'm tired of a netcode which promotes mashing buttons, it just eliminates any real reaction play, which is definitely a huge part of fighting games.

option4, were you going easy with balrog? 0 overheads, 0 low rushes, I am confused, stop playing so safe, I can't reversal fadc ultra at all. And god damn balrog techs are even harder online. And how come no headbutt ultra.

@notorious_pip if you still read this thread lol, i see you play a dhalsim? do you have a mic? teach me how to play dhalsim vs bison/rufus/c.viper

[quote name='option.iv']Thank god they got rid of the 12 system. Critical counter hit, really?

And I was kidding about two plane system. Did I forget my [/sarcasm] tag?

I kinda like throws back to one button.

Seriously though, no one can vouch for a decent online. Who's going to publish the game anyway. I sure as hell don't expect Ignition to do it. By then, who's really going to devote to a decent online. The last case was that 12 was built for Japan, where connections are closer together and a majority had very high speed connections. This is definitely not the case in the states. What stops whoever is publishing the game from just copying the same netcode and putting it in the US version. I'm tired of a netcode which promotes mashing buttons, it just eliminates any real reaction play, which is definitely a huge part of fighting games.[/QUOTE]

You sir need to play more King of Fighters in your life. Each set of three is completely different. I'd do something like this in all honesty.

Ignition actually HAS talked to SNK and they are talking about it. Ignition told SNK flat out that they will NOT publish their game in America UNLESS they fix the netcode. Which probably includes them being there EVERY STEP OF THE WAY to make sure the netcode is fixed and make sure SNK doesn't fuck up again. Ignition is more involved then most developers to be honest. If they can strongarm SNK from the beginning we may very well see good netcode.

You really think I"m just mashing buttons? Yes there is a touch of input delay and lag, but after a while you learn the timings and with close enough connections it's essentially offline.

94-95. Street Fighter 2 style in a way with how basic they are. 95 was the pinnacle of this. The Dodge was rather hard to use as it only had a few frames and looked kind of weird in my opinion.

96-98. Alpha Era and golden era. Chin was broken as fuck in 96. The rolling was not 100% in 96. The charging dynamic and low health keeping you perpetually at 100% is messed up and broken. 97 added stocks with advanced mode which made it more standardized. 98. Everyone knows 98. Game encourages many playstyles.

99-01. Strikers. 99 and 00 had most broken era of strikers. Famous for 100% damage combos if used properly. 01 had ratio system with strikers. Most refined, most ugly.

02. Max mode with lots of characters lots of moves and changed properties.

03-XI tag team variations. 03 had a shitty tag team mechanic while XI refined it properly. Too much reliance on Oswald and Duck King though. At least XI has about 10-15 really viable top characters.

XII. Fairly good beta with interesting ideas. A bit too simplistic, but it is fairly good once you get in it. Custom Combos seem too Street Fighter Alphaish though. Sousai could remain though it needed work. Not everything properly clashed. Another good option to minimize fireball games though.

For The Doubters. From Rexdart from SRK. And just for Option. Mature is back and with a VENGENCE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpwl6krWQAo

"So I just got back from my trip to Akihabara, fresh full of KOF XIII hype. Game is goddamn amazing. Just fantastic. According to the flyer, the game is 70% complete.

Here're some gameplay observations for the curious!

- Kim got his d+K follow-up to his d charge, u + K move.
- Terry's EX Power Geyser creates two geysers, but the animation is the same.
- Terry's EX Rising Tackle is crazy. I saw it do 15 hits against one opponent, and 20 against another. Earlier reports said 25, which I don't doubt. But I can't figure out why there's so much difference between them.
- Joe can TNT Punch (P repeatedly) -> Drive Cancel -> qcf,hcb + P DM. It hurts!
- Kensou's EX Psycho Ball is crazy fast and goes through any other projectiles. Looks useful!
- Earlier reports said Kensou lost his qcb+A/C moves from XII, but that's incorrect. He's got 'em.
- Kensou: crB -> crB -> qcb+A -> qcb + C -> (qcbx2)+P = 54 HITS OMGWTF STOPPUNCHINGME He does his "tired" animation afterward, however. But he's safe as long as the super connects.
- Iori's new df+C looks a lot like Yashiro's f+A.
- Mature can cancel out of her (qcb+P) x 3 rekka after the second attack with Despair (dp+P).
- Mature's EX Ebony Tears hits three times.
- Ralf's EX Ralf punch (ground pound, qcb+P) hits three times as well.
- Clark's gatling punch, looks just like the 2000 version. Didn't see it connect, though.
- Leona has a new close D. It resembles her classic KOF one (the two knee strikes) but it looks like it leaves her airborne?
- Leona's EX X-calibur is the classic version of the move (i.e. the close-range air projectile).
- Mai can still jump off the stage walls, although it looked a bit strange. As if she was jumping off the space right in front of the corner, rather than the corner proper. Not sure if it was a glitch or what.
- King can Drive Cancel her tornado kick into her aerial Venom Strike. Useful for the extra damage or to keep you safe if the tornado kick was blocked.
- In the corner, Kyo can do qcf + K -> rpd + D (after two hits) -> Drive Cancel -> aerial orochinagi. This combo hurts a lot. The home version should come bundled with a cyanide pill for when Kyo gets you in a corner. (Or SNK could just tone him down. Either way is good.)

Of course I also encountered a few glitches. It wouldn't be a loke test without glitches!
- Mature attempted to throw Yuri in the corner, but Yuri broke the throw. However, the animation wasn't interrupted and still hit Yuri.
- Joe KO'd Leona while she was doing her X-Calibur, and her body was left floating in the air. Joe didn't seem to mind.
- Ryo's f,b,f+P move usually sucks the opponent into it if it connects, but in one instance the opponent remained a step or two away from him. Just a graphical problem, though.

Some other impressions:
- London stage looks really impressive. I tried in vain to see if I could spot any spectators that were copies of each other, but had no luck. I'm sure they're there, but they've been hidden very well. Every single onlooker I saw was very detailed and unique. Bravo.
- The revamped Egyptian stage is crazy-go-awesome! When the guys in front of the fire start doing the wave, they cast eerie shadows against the back wall of the temple. Looks very creepy and quite cool. Amazing atmosphere.
- The special effect when you KO someone with a DM seems very excessive, but also extremely cool.
- In general, one-hit DMs (like Haoh Sho Koken, Power Geyser, V-Slasher) seemed to do very small damage. I assume this will be fixed in the final version, because, currently, I think some EX moves do more damage than the DMs.
- No one I saw had figured out how to use Hyperdrive mode effectively. Invariably what would happen is: they'd activate it, their opponent would go into defensive mode, they'd do some moves, and their opponent would hit them out of HD mode as soon as they had an opening (which usually didn't take long). I assume you can activate it mid-combo somehow, but it seemed no one had learned how yet.
- Also in general, SDMs seem to have the same animation as their DM counterparts. That's probably why some people have taken to calling them EX DMs.
- I think Kyo and Kensou might be a bit over powered. Just my impression.
- Of the three leading ladies, I think Yuri feels the strangest. Playing her without her uppercut takes some getting used to. I think her biggest problem is her lack of anti-air options. Her Saiha (qcb+P) is the best one, but it's a bit slow. It is safe, though.
- XIII King is the greatest fighting game character to ever happen to me. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I really like her. The combination of her normal venom strike, aerial venom strike, and double venom strike DM is excellent for keeping opponents out. When they do get in, she has her surprise rose, tornado kick and slide to deal with them. As has been said elsewhere, the surprise rose is surprisingly safe, and it can cross-up. (If it connects with an air-borne opponent who is too high, however, the rest of the move won't hit.) Tornado kick goes through blocking opponents, so, (if used at close range) you can stay out of trouble. The slide is more vulnerable, but its range is quite good. While I generally don't play zoning characters in KOF, I had an absolute blast with King.

Fun with color edits!
- Lots of crazy color options. Truth be told, I think a few too many crazy options. Just my opinion, though. Here are some memorable ones...
- Bluegreen-skinned Goro.
- Zombie Joe.
- Kyo has a Rock-outfit, and an evil version with red eyes. Also a flamboyant one with pink hair and a bright purple jacket.
- Red-skinned Ryo.
- All-blue Raiden. With red teeth? Why, SNK, why?
- Kensou has a Duolon outfit. Pretty cool looking.
- King has a Kula outfit.
- Terry and Robert's color swap is really impressive. When Robert has Terry colors, he looks almost identical to Terry minus the hat. Mark my words, someone is eventually going to see Terry-colored Robert or Robert-colored Terry and comment "OMG! Terry got a ranbu!!" or "OMG! Robert learned Buster Wolf!!!" Mark my words.

Concluding stuff...
- KOF XIII essentially plays pretty close to 2002UM, but with much better graphics. I loved it, even though it wasn't what I was expecting / hoping for from the sequel to XII. It seems like an extremely solid system presented in a beautiful package. I just hope they nail the balance.
- The producer, Masaaki Kukino, was there watching the loke test. Guy looked exhausted. Understandable I suppose, since he'd apparently been standing in an arcade for almost three-days straight watching people play KOF. That's a long-ass time to be watching people play KOF. He was quite friendly when I asked him a question, though. His English isn't bad either.
- After playing, you were given a survey to fill out about your impressions of the game. I made only two (rather small) criticisms.
- I asked for XII's camera zoom be included as an option, since I liked it. Screw you, pixel-haters!
- I asked for Terry to say "ARE YOU OKAY!?" before the Buster Wolf. If that gets added (which is probably won't) I expect full credit!
- And in the section where they asked what characters you wanted to see, I said K', Kula, Yamazaki and Vanessa (in that order). I chose them partly based I see them requested by fans more than most other characters. Since I know a lot of KOF fans outside of Japan can't go to the location test, I did my best to make sure your requests were (indirectly) heard.
... Thinking back, I should have just requested Ryuhaku Todo, Duck King, and Heavy D!.

Sorry, this ended up a bit long."

bread's done
Back