CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

Great games tonight, guys. We really had it together most of the night. I was feeling pretty good.

And Mister B showed up even though it's not Thursday! :p

I swear I saw some weird bug via killcam where it looked like an enemy picked up our flag halfway across the map at the exact moment it returned to our base and we still got a capture point even though he was running around with it.

The cover of the new He is Legend album makes me wanna play Red Faction.

HIL-art-SM.jpg

[quote name='metaly']Great games tonight, guys. We really had it together most of the night. I was feeling pretty good.

And Mister B showed up even though it's not Thursday! :p

I swear I saw some weird bug via killcam where it looked like an enemy picked up our flag halfway across the map at the exact moment it returned to our base and we still got a capture point even though he was running around with it.[/QUOTE]

Well... there was that one team anarchy near the end of the night.... not sure we had it together during that round... then again you did say MOST of the night. :bomb:

[quote name='metaly']Great games tonight, guys. We really had it together most of the night. I was feeling pretty good.

And Mister B showed up even though it's not Thursday! :p[/QUOTE]

They were good games last night, when there is no one else playing socom, I have to find something to play

[quote name='Dasflikko']Well... there was that one team anarchy near the end of the night.... not sure we had it together during that round... then again you did say MOST of the night. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Apologies for saying your name wrong for months, when you don't have time to read and figure out someones name and it isn't short, I just say the beginning of the name lol.

No apology necessary, it's an understandable shorthand. I go by Flik but have to use Dasflikko since Flik is usually registered everywhere.

I just picked this up at Gamestop. How long is the single player?

[quote name='Blackout']I just picked this up at Gamestop. How long is the single player?[/QUOTE]

I believe my clock said 17.5 hours, that is without doing all the optional missions. I'm not sure if that included the multiplayer or not.

[quote name='MisterBee']I believe my clock said 17.5 hours, that is without doing all the optional missions. I'm not sure if that included the multiplayer or not.[/QUOTE]

Is there a lot of optional/missable stuff?

[quote name='Blackout']Is there a lot of optional/missable stuff?[/QUOTE]

Optional yes, you can't miss the missions, they are all on the map or come over the radio.

Don't ask me how I was able to do this...

3743698419_1eac8fef9f.jpg

Seriously epic sniper battles tonight guys. Those were just fantastic, though I do have a question for you, HOW DOES IT FEEL TO GET DOUBLE DIGIT POINTS???

Shall I use up a good portion of my GS credit and pester you guys that I play against on CAG GTA night on yet another night of the week? :lol:

I've been tempted to pick this up, but how similar is it to something like say.....Mercenaries/Mercenaries 2?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Shall I use up a good portion of my GS credit and pester you guys that I play against on CAG GTA night on yet another night of the week? :lol:

I've been tempted to pick this up, but how similar is it to something like say.....Mercenaries/Mercenaries 2?[/QUOTE]

Dunno, I haven't played either Mercs game, but this game has the best multiplayer I've played since.... GTA4.

I'd recommend it on that alone. Get it if you can, and join our fish clan.

[quote name='bmachine']Bump 'cause it's game day!

Any requests for tonight?[/QUOTE]

Capture the flag + Invisibility + Mines :cool:

[quote name='metaly']I'm fine as long as we play the mode where we shoot people with guns and break stuff with a hammer.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Let's cue that mode up first. :applause:

This game is going to be the death of any sleep I ever wished to have. Absolutely fantastic games again! I enjoyed sneaking into first place on the stealth hammer game : )

[quote name='JMEPO']
gay-fish.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:rofl::applause:

The rainbow colors are really underwhelming. But they're still extra prideful in principle!

Great games last night:

Low Point: Getting killed after 9 sniper rifle kills w/o dying, motherfucker :bomb:

High Point 1: Randy thinking he is getting hit with the assault rifle, Pistol>Thermobaric Rocket :lol:

High Point 2: Winning control points by 1 point after 10 minutes :cool:

My one goal for that thermobaric DM was to kill someone with the hammer, but it seemed like every time I was about to get close enough to someone, they would get taken out by a rocket. Probably just karma for ruining MisterB's sniper streak. ;)

I might have to try to play this again, just at least to see if I can connect to the game. I have not tried since last week.

Well, my wife was supposed to go on a two week training session for her job and I was supposed to spend this weekend with her, but her trip has been postponed for a week, which means hammer smashing for me tonight.

Just noticed that there are a lot of new trophies, probably from the DLC, if you compare RFG trophies with someone. They didn't show up when I just looked at my own trophies.

Game crashed on me during that last siege (I hope you guys won!!!) anyways it was great dominating most games tonight. I think our team game is really coming together.

Highlight was definitely that saitek guy putting up the best 1 man stand ever.

Yeah, no more 4am for me I think, I think 2am is probably my cut off.

Also, I need to stop using the sniper/rail guns thinking they will work like they do in socom, i.e. one hit kills. So if were ever in a public match and you hear me say anything about picking those guns up, just yell at me ;).

bread's done
Back