CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

95%20Internet%20High-Five.jpg

[quote name='kube00']That snipers match where I won was pure gold

I can play this weekend if anyone wants to[/QUOTE]

That was fun, I didn't really get a handle on the sniping until that match. I too want to play this weekend.

I wish had a grinder right now at work, people are annoying the crap out of me.

Hey guys. Volition just posted an idea/contest for RFG-inspired outdoor games, so we're going to try something different for next week's game. Since it's roughly equidistant to everyone, we're going to meet up in WaKeeney, Kansas to play some outdoor Demolition. I posted some good prices on plane tickets in the Other Deals forum.

Also I'll probably be on this weekend.

[quote name='metaly']Hey guys. Volition just posted an idea/contest for RFG-inspired outdoor games, so we're going to try something different for next week's game. Since it's roughly equidistant to everyone, we're going to meet up in WaKeeney, Kansas to play some outdoor Demolition. I posted some good prices on plane tickets in the Other Deals forum.

Also I'll probably be on this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I will fire up my giant made in USA truck and meet you in WaKeeney. See you there y'all.

Man.... it is kind of AWESOME and yet sort of AWESOMER!!!! that I've played Red Faction for roughly 13 hours over a less than 36 hour period....

Watch out for Bono baby B)

[quote name='bjstucker']I just got this today. I will prob try out Multiplayer tonight for a bit to get my feet wet for the game thursday :)[/QUOTE]

The more the merrier! :bouncy:

Welcome!

Something's wrong with the drive in my PS3. It won't startup anything (game, BD, DVD, CD) that I put in it. I get the little swirly "reading" icon in the upper right hand corner but the game doesn't appear in the XMB. WTF?

[quote name='bmachine']Something's wrong with the drive in my PS3. It won't startup anything (game, BD, DVD, CD) that I put in it. I get the little swirly "reading" icon in the upper right hand corner but the game doesn't appear in the XMB. WTF?[/QUOTE]

It's because of your previous comment. KARMA ftw!

And besides, I didn't say I was paying to see it ;)

[quote name='metaly']That is unfortunate. :whistle2:|

Maybe try standing it on its side? ;)[/QUOTE]

It's always standing on its side. Maybe I should try laying it down? ;)

This sounds like the kind of advice I get when I call IT at work. "Did you try turning it off and then back on? Are you sure it's plugged in?"

I think it started happening last Thursday night: I got kicked out of the game for some inexplicable reason and it wouldn't restart (it kept freezing on the loading screen). During one of my attempts to restart the system, I got an "80010514 Error". I deleted my game data and re-installed it, and the game fired up after a few more tries.

Last night was the first time I had used my PS3 since last Thursday. The RFG disc was still in the unit but it wasn't showing up in the XMB. Restarted, restarted, tried some other games. Tried a DVD and a CD. Unfortunately, the discs would just spin and spin but nothing would start.

I'm actually heading to Chicago for Lollapalooza today so I wouldn't have been able to play this week, anyway. :cry:

Well, that really sucks, Randy. I hope the repair process doesn't take too long. (Or hey, I hear there's a new slim PS3 coming out soon...)

Was playing Siege on Framework (ugh) last night, and my team managed to get one of the buildings below 25%. That's the furthest I've seen a team get in a non-thermos game. Spawning with reconstructors on Siege = :bomb:

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Mint Killzone 2 for someone's mint Red Faction: Guerrilla... anyone?[/QUOTE]

I made this trade with gamestop (with a few throwaways to get my 40% bonus). You should absolutely find away to make that trade, I haven't regretted it for one second.

Actually I forgot it's just for the playlists, so it's more like normal XP CAG night, double XP for the people who stay on from 10-2AM. :) And no 500+ XP hammer/concussion rounds, sadly.

Ha man, I have a 5 hour drive back home on Thursday, but I might be retarded enough to stay up and play with the late night people. I should be back around 1am central....

We've heard a lot of the community asking for a Double XP weekend, but instead of just two days, we're going to give you four! Once the patch goes live on August 6th, all games will be Double XP until Sunday (August 9th) at Midnight PST. No matter which playlist you pick, you can earn a ton of XP and make your way up to the elusive Ostrich Hammer.

Another addition to this patch is a new playlist titled "MLG Playlist". This specific playlist contains rules that were sent to us from MLG and are equivalent to what the 4v4 Ladder Tournament will follow, across multiple modes. This is a great way to get in a quick pick-up game with your team without having to setup a custom game. You can find the full playlist settings here, just scroll down until you see "K. Settings".

MLG playlist settings:
Team Anarchy:

Basic Settings

Score limit: 100
Time limit: 10:00
Friendly Fire: On
Handicapping: None
Enemy Icons: None
Time of Day: Random

Advanced Settings

Respawn Delay: 7 Seconds
Backpack Spawns: Default
Starting Backpack: None
Regeneration: 100%
Health: 100%
Movement Speed: 100%
Unlimited Ammo: Off
Starting Weapon: Assault Rifle
Third Weapon: Pistol
Fourth Weapon: None

* If backpacks disabled is selected in the challenge option, reconstruct must be set as the Fourth Weapon

Weapon Respawn: Slow

Capture The Flag (CTF)

Basic Settings

Score limit: 3
Time limit: 15:00
Time of day: Random

Advanced Settings

Respawn Delay: 10 Seconds
Fourth Weapon: None

* If backpacks disabled is selected in the challenge option, reconstruct must be set as the Fourth
Weapon

Mode Settings

Flag Return Time: 15 Seconds
Flag Touch Return: Off
Carrier Icon: On

Damage Control

Basic Settings
Score limit: 950
Time limit: 10 Minutes
Time of day: Random

Advanced Settings

Respawn Delay: 7 seconds
Fourth Weapon: Reconstruct

Mode Settings

All Target Bonus: None

I'm stuck on 101/104 :bomb:. I guess I didn't do every mission in the first area that gets locked. Every mission is now dark green and so is every radio mission that comes up. I am not playing this entire game over again.

What do you mean the first area that gets locked? Also are you sure you're not missing some of the radio missions? I read that they activate based on your location, so maybe there's some overlooked place you need to drive to.

bread's done
Back