CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. so my PS3 acted up and i had to completely wipe out all save data#-o

fortunately, i have 2 ps3's and the ' downloads only ' ps3 was the victim..

the one game which i refuse to play ' catch up ' is MtG Magic the Gathering.. as kick-ass as this game is, the time i had to put in to get as far, was, lengthy. sigh\

Selling: Magic the Gathering = all DLC: $5.00

Also for sale: Bioshock 1 DLC: $2.00

As far as I can see, the only advantage of the digital version is if you're going to split the cost by sharing. Otherwise it's a smarter move to get the disc. And it's not good advice to tell him to buy it for himself and then possibly share it later without mentioning he'd need to purchase it on a separate account from his own personal one... Otherwise he'd have to share his own personal account and that's never a good move. Just my opinion.

Want:

Have:
Battlefield 1943/Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode $3
Dead Space Ignition $1
Ferrari The Race Experience $5
High Velocity Bowling/Killzone 2: Steel and Titanium Pack $1.50

Siren: Blood Curse** $8
X-Men Arcade $2

**Check out the game info here. Game is only available on the PSN at $40.

siren_blood_curse.jpg

Please PM me with any inquiries

[quote name='iwarboY']OK. so my PS3 acted up and i had to completely wipe out all save data#-o

fortunately, i have 2 ps3's and the ' downloads only ' ps3 was the victim..

the one game which i refuse to play ' catch up ' is MtG Magic the Gathering.. as kick-ass as this game is, the time i had to put in to get as far, was, lengthy. sigh\[/QUOTE]
That sucks and I sent you the info again for the Pac-Man share.

Don't want to experience this again? You should get an external backup drive and back up every once in a while. It would backup all your accounts, games, game saves, etc Basically everything except trophies, and you can backup/restore trophies by syncing to PSN. Then you'd be able to continue Magic, and everything else, from the point of your last backup.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']As far as I can see, the only advantage of the digital version is if you're going to split the cost by sharing.[/QUOTE]

We could argue that the only advantage of having a physical boxed copy is that you can build a nifty gaming collection on your shelf to show to your buddies whenever they visit... :)

Special/limited editions published for collectors - I'd agree with you, as they often contain some pretty cool items or content unavailable otherwise.

As far as this game is concerned though, head to GameFaqs - the people there are pretty disappointed with the boxed version. The manual is very lacking for example, as it just sends you to the in-game guides constantly. What's the point of printing it out then?

But I may be jaded, as I'm still very fond of the days when games were packaged in those huge cardboard boxes, the manuals were more akin to books and not simple brochures, plus they usually came with a couple of gimmicks like maps, posters etc.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Otherwise it's a smarter move to get the disc.[/QUOTE]

As far as his "well-being" is concerned, IMHO he kinda losses money by buying the disc based version.

The way I see it, if he'd ever want to sell it to anyone, he'd have to settle for a lower price, as the buyer will know that he needs to spend additional 15USD for a Cerberus Network access in order to truly immerse himself in the game.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']And it's not good advice to tell him to buy it for himself and then possibly share it later without mentioning he'd need to purchase it on a separate account from his own personal one...[/QUOTE]

I kinda figured that most of the people who visit this thread know exactly what they're getting into and have some knowledge of the whole game sharing process. Perhaphs I should have mentioned creating a new account just for safety though, sorry.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Otherwise he'd have to share his own personal account and that's never a good move.[/QUOTE]

I share my personal account with my closest real-life gaming buddies. As far as people met online are concerned, it's a pretty big risk, yeah.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Acknowledged. You raised a reasonable concern here, so no offense taken. :applause:

Hope I didn't sound like a huge d-bag just now... ;)

Accounts for Trade/Sale

1.) Account (4 Slots Left)
All Borderlands DLC/Add-On

2.) Account (2 Slots)
Dead Nation
Blacklight Tango Down
Sonic 4 Episode 1
Sonic Adventure With DX Upgrade
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World Knives Chau DLC (JUST DLC)

3.) Account (1 Slot Left)
inFamous
Soldner X-2 Final Prototype

I Want:
Mass Effect 2 cerberus Pack & N-7 Bundle OR Pay Pal Gift

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilman']I'm cool with Microbots, but both SB and GB don't interest me. How about Dead Nation ($15) and maybe Pacman CE ($10) or X-men Arcade ($10)?[/QUOTE]

I can change groovin blocks to Pac Man CE, but Dead Nation isn't available on the Amazon store, which is where I am getting the codes from this time around. You know what? Let's just drop the $15 game from the share... I just saw 3D Dot Game Heroes for $15 on amazon looking for other PSN games... *impulse buy*

So as it stands now:
Pac Man CE ($10)
Microbots ($10)

$4 a share

1. djratchet (host)

Hey gillian, the reason I said that buying the disc version is smarter if you're not going to game share is that for the same price you have the option to sell or trade the disc version later and with download you don't, plus it takes up less space on your hard drive and you won't have to wait 7 hours to download it. If you're going to gameshare then download is smarter cause it's 1/5th of the price and you can likely sell the share for what you paid or close to it.

[quote name='djratchet']I can change groovin blocks to Pac Man CE, but Dead Nation isn't available on the Amazon store, which is where I am getting the codes from this time around. You know what? Let's just drop the $15 game from the share... I just saw 3D Dot Game Heroes for $15 on amazon looking for other PSN games... *impulse buy*

So as it stands now:
Pac Man CE ($10)
Microbots ($10)

$4 a share

1. djratchet (host)
2. imamanwithaplan
5.[/QUOTE]
im in. id also be down to add on xmen

Thanks to xanchui I'll be playing Mass Effect 2 in a couple of hours* - thanks man! :)

*Or days, or weeks, or months... Jesus, the download is going so slow that I can't even believe it. Stuck at 2% for a couple of minutes now. You guys must have some kick-ass Internet providers in the US, I envy you - seriously.

[quote name='gillian']Thanks to xanchui I'll be playing Mass Effect 2 in a couple of hours* - thanks man! :)

*Or days, or weeks, or months... Jesus, the download is going so slow that I can't even believe it. Stuck at 2% for a couple of minutes now. You guys must have some kick-ass Internet providers in the US, I envy you - seriously.[/QUOTE]
I think it took me just under 7 hrs (Canada,) then almost another hour to install.

[quote name='imamanwithaplan']im in. id also be down to add on xmen[/QUOTE]

Coolio. I looked for X-Men on Amazon, don't think they are selling it. Anyways, I only have enough to get 2 $10 games now soo ya. But glad you are joining me! Here's the list now:

Pac Man CE DX ($10)
Microbots ($10)

1. djratchet
2. imamanwithaplan

shares are $4 each. Feel free to add yourself and PM me

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I think it took me just under 7 hrs (Canada,) then almost another hour to install.[/QUOTE]

Took me 4.5 hours to DL and 25 min to install after I hooked up a lan cable to the PS3. So it will definately vary.

Alright, this share has one slot left. Cost is $9.99, and the games are listed below.

Members:
1. rkrocks123
2. Killkernal
3. Kingpin
4. Entropy_7
5. ?

Games to purchase:

Crazy Taxi - $9.99
Earthworm Jim HD - $9.99
Marvel Pinball - $9.99 (Will be downloaded onto a separate account from the others)
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - $9.99
Trine - 9.99

[quote name='jgiovanni']Took me 4.5 hours to DL and 25 min to install after I hooked up a lan cable to the PS3. So it will definately vary.[/QUOTE]
I was downloading over wifi but it was about as fast as I could expect, it was just a big download. It probably was closer to 30min to install, I was exaggerating.

Little Big Planet Pirates of the Caribbean Promo Pack (Levels & Costume kits)
1 slot available - $2.00

I'm also interested in the following, in no particular order:
1. fl0w + DLC
2. Dead to Rights Retribution DLC
3. MotorStorm Pacific Rift DLC
4. Prince of Persia Epilogue
5. Mirror's Edge DLC
6. Uncharted 2 DLC
7. LBP MGS level kit

I'm very confused about ME2. There seems to be a lot being said but I haven't seen the answer I want.

If a group of 5 gameshare this title, can we all download the interactive comic and play all of the content on our own accounts without dropping additional coin on the Ceberus Network? Personally I don't care about the DLC but if I lose the opportunity to customize my character with the comic, I'm out. Of course, we've already loaded $40 into the account in preparation of buying the game.

[quote name='iowaholdem']I'm very confused about ME2. There seems to be a lot being said but I haven't seen the answer I want.

If a group of 5 gameshare this title, can we all download the interactive comic and play all of the content on our own accounts without dropping additional coin on the Ceberus Network? Personally I don't care about the DLC but if I lose the opportunity to customize my character with the comic, I'm out. Of course, we've already loaded $40 into the account in preparation of buying the game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you may still use the Cerberus DLC on your own accouts. Its the same as the online sports passes that you DL.

Alright, this share has two slots left. Cost is $9.99, and the games are listed below.

Members:
1. rkrocks123
2. Killkernal
3. Kingpin
4. ?
5. ?

Games to purchase:

Crazy Taxi - $9.99
Earthworm Jim HD - $9.99
Marvel Pinball - $9.99
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - $9.99
Trine - 9.99

Does anyone want to host this?

Mass Effect 2 + DLC (including any future one(s))
1. (host)
2. Trueblade
3. JimmyThong
4. glemtvapen
5. skylinersx

For Sale

I will rarely take lower offers, but feel free to ask anyway
Contact me via PM to receive my paypal email address if you wish to buy a share.

Gameshare #1 - $4
Tetris : 5.1 surround sound and 1080p adaption of the classic puzzle game. Additional gameplay modes and multiplayer feature are present, as well as a bunch of elaborate stat tracking procedures. Reason for sale: I don't like the control scheme (d-pad is used instead of Analog to move blocks and the d-pad on my controllers are heavily worn).
Greed Corps : Beautiful game with a crisp art style and jazzy soundtrack. It plays like a more complicated version of Risk with incorporated RTS elements (such as resource harvesting). Reason for sale: I've finished the campaign and am not interested in playing a strategy game against other humans.

Gameshare #2 - $3
Full Collection of Killzone 2 DLC : This includes 6 new maps in total, some of which have additional weapons and features such as an active EMP that detonates in the center of the level on timed intervals. These map packs are especially enjoyable given that the most invested members of the Killzone 2 community spend most of their time now with this content exclusively. Reason for sale: I've done all the ranking up I intend to do in Killzone 2's multiplayer, so I no longer need these maps.

Searching For

The only thing I'm looking for at this time is the N7 Complete Arsenal Bundle for Mass Effect 2. This is the paid DLC bundle that includes all of the 2 dollar packs. I don't mind paying 2 dollars for this instead of $1.60 if necessary.

Does the 12gb main mass effect 2 file include the Kasumi, Overlord, and Lair of shadow broker dlcs... Or are we supposed to dl them thru cerberus?

[quote name='firex1']Does the 12gb main mass effect 2 file include the Kasumi, Overlord, and Lair of shadow broker dlcs... Or are we supposed to dl them thru cerberus?[/QUOTE]

Its included. Theres nothing to be downloaded thru Cerberus. Even the separate DLC N7 Complete Arsenal Bundle is a PSN download/install, doesn't go thru Cerberus.

WTS: Borderlands 1st three DLC gameshare (Claptrap revolution is the one not included) $3

WTB: Magic the gathering + DLCs, preferably with other games.

Still have 2 slots of Little Big Planet 2 CE content to offer for trade for a share of something else. Not doing paypal. Let em know if anyo of you have some games or dlc to offer.

[quote name='Just2Dirty']Selling:

Gameshare 1: Borderlands (stand-alone) - $6.
Gameshare 2: Bioshock DLC Rooms - $2.
Gameshare 3: Costume Quest + Frogger Returns - $3.[/QUOTE]

im interested in borderlands for $5 , pm me on psn ginjaninja88 for negoiations

[quote name='FlipSide']WTB: Magic the gathering + DLCs, preferably with other games.[/QUOTE]

Iwarboy had a share of this for sale. Don't know if he ever unloaded it, but check with him.

[quote name='FlipSide']WTS: Borderlands 1st three DLC gameshare (Claptrap revolution is the one not included) $3

WTB: Magic the gathering + DLCs, preferably with other games.[/QUOTE]

trade a share of Little Big Planet 2 CE content for Magic.

[quote name='djratchet']Coolio. I looked for X-Men on Amazon, don't think they are selling it. Anyways, I only have enough to get 2 $10 games now soo ya. But glad you are joining me! Here's the list now:

Pac Man CE DX ($10)
Microbots ($10)

1. djratchet
2. imamanwithaplan

shares are $4 each. Feel free to add yourself and PM me[/QUOTE]

3 slots still open..! If I get another person in, I'll go ahead and make the account and load it.

whats up, im new to cag (long time viewer), just purchased a ps3 so now i can join the fun...as of right now all I have is Dead Nation, with all the slots left..anyone looking to make trades?...

im looking for mvc2, xmen arcade game, castle crashers...etc

also my psn is o-thats-evil

you can reply here, or even hit me on psn

[quote name='djratchet']3 slots still open..! If I get another person in, I'll go ahead and make the account and load it.[/QUOTE]

are you taking the shares through paypal? if so im in

hey, selling some stuff, don't really want to trade for anything as of now

Account 1: UNO, Yakuza 3 Battle Pack, Marvel vs Capcom 2 ($4)

Account 2: MW2 Map Packs, FFVIII ($4)

if you want more than just 1 account I'll make you a deal

Paypal only

i have
1 share dead nation 3$- sold
1 share spelunkers 2$
3 shares uno+critter crunch 1.50
2 shares sackboy moves 1$
1 share Faery: Legends of Avalon 3$
i am open to all trade offers or pay-pal

Looking to give away a share of mine. It's for the Burnout Paradise Party Pack DLC. This is one of the many DLCs for Burnout Paradise, and this one is the one that adds offline multiplayer. It also has a trophy requiring a USB camera.

Looking to make a PixelJunk Shooter group. I'll host it. 1 dollar in paypal for each spot.

Only rules are you have to have some sort of trade feedback and you cant be a new account. (And don't use more than one slot unless you pay for more than one)

1.ohram
2.rkrocks123

[quote name='LizardKing1251']just traded with othatsevil and he is a nice guy to trade with :)

100% trustworthy[/QUOTE]

same here, good dealing with ya buddy..100% easy and reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back