CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='NSYNC']Wouldn't surprise me if all Plus accounts automatically went to 2 users in a firmware update. Maybe they'll give you three slots because you're "special" LOL! That seems like something Sony would do and say what a great value it is.[/QUOTE]

lol a ps+ perk wooo 3 activations

[quote name='WV Matsui']The sky is falling!!!

Do we think our old shares will mostly be safe and the worry is about the new shares?[/QUOTE]

It is indeed. :(

From how I read it, I would believe all shares are in danger. You can still buy/sell/trade up to 5 slots of all content purchased before 11/18, yes, but I imagine they will now be subject to the deactivation concerns. I doubt Sony can set up the site to determine what can or cannot be deactivated by date (or would bother to do so).

Do we think our old shares will mostly be safe and the worry is about the new shares?[/QUOTE]

Most, yes. Battlefield 3 or any "retail" game? No chance in hell.

[quote name='NSYNC']Most, yes. Battlefield 3 or any "retail" game? No chance in hell.[/QUOTE]

Shew! I'm sure my old Vegas, ME2, Homefront and LBP shares are safe haha

[quote name='ProAtWork']No online deactivation for old accounts?[/QUOTE]

I meant i was glad i before the 18th cause buying for half the price would have been expensive. I'm not too worried about system activation since you hosted the group.

I'm pretty interested in figuring out a renting system like NSYNC has suggested. I'm sure we'll think of something. Personally, I can't go back to paying 100% or even 50% for PSN games after 2 years and over a hundred games at heavily discounted prices. If we don't figure something out, I'm probably done gamesharing. I got a huge backlog to go through anyway. I have faith though.

Only as safe as the host. I agree I doubt sony will only limit deactivation to new stuff, that would get to complicated for them. As long as the host is trustworthy you shouldn't have to worry. problem is alot of shares have passed through many hands and original host will be hard to find especially if they used fake emails. We need a system.
If it gets to complicated for you, just trade and share with one person you trust or enjoy paying full price.
maybe the solution is to not buy shares, maybe trade/borrow/swap instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine this is a move in preparation for the PS Vita, but I can't figure out how it still help Sony sell systems. This is not a good move. FYI: anyone that has an account hosted by me will be fine. I won't touch the password unless someone abuses it - then I'll recover the account and work it out with everyone individually.

Possible options:

If two people want to keep the account permanently:
Each pays 50/50

If host keeps account permanently and wants to try to recover some money:
Host pays full price, and rents out the share at weekly interval rates of 10% full cost

[quote name='WV Matsui']Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - $4 per share

Just need a host!!!

1. benjam138- host?
2. WV Matsui
3. Tsel
4. iwarboy
5. Brainberry- host?

C'mon people! :)[/QUOTE]
I'll host (if Brain doesn't want to) Otherwise I'd like to join.

I'm actually very happy about this news. I was NEVER pleased with those abusing game sharing on PSN. It hurts publishers regardless and you shouldn't be playing a game anyway you don't own under your account. Only way I approved any sharing was to download a game while visiting a friend or family member, that's all (not randomly sharing accounts online).

Since it's two shares now, hosts need to separate "speedrunner/trophy" and "casual/take your time" players. We can start making a wait list from there and work out the length of use. If we don't, we're going to be breathing down each other's neck to hurry-up. This can work but we can't all be hosts like cheapbrokegamer mentioned. Unfortunately, it's going to be a test in patience for all of us. Hosts can now make money or potentially lose money.

This is wonderful. I have 34 accounts. Only 14 on my PS3... I really hope some dick doesn't start going around changing the info and deactivating slots.

Lucky for me I have about 50 things due before finals, so I probably can't even marathon. Why couldn't they do this on December 18th? Classes end on the 6th-8th and I would have had tend days of nothingness. :cry:

Edit:
I do keep all my PM's of purchases, so hopefully I can track down all the hosts.

Suggestion:
We should start a thread with the accounts we have and who we purchased from. It would be best to track down all the hosts BEFORE the 18th so if anyone starts screwing with things we can get it fixed.

Sony's F'in stupid for this. Now 90% of us will go back to renting through GF, Red Box or local video rental place. They will see a HUGE drop on PSN purchases. Well it looks like my PS3 will be the system that collects dust until a exclusive comes out like it was in the past.

[quote name='King J Gatz']Sony's F'in stupid for this. Now 90% of us will go back to renting through GF, Red Box or local video rental place. They will see a HUGE drop on PSN purchases. Well it looks like my PS3 will be the system that collects dust until a exclusive comes out like it was in the past.[/QUOTE]
Lolwat!?

[quote name='King J Gatz']Sony's F'in stupid for this. Now 90% of us will go back to renting through GF, Red Box or local video rental place. They will see a HUGE drop on PSN purchases. Well it looks like my PS3 will be the system that collects dust until a exclusive comes out like it was in the past.[/QUOTE]

Let's not pretend that Sony will feel a huge hit from this. They will see more profits from it. It was a great thing we could do, but it's over.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Let's not pretend that Sony will feel a huge hit from this. They will see more profits from it. It was a great thing we could do, but it's over.[/QUOTE]

I think 2 person share will still work for $10 games and DLC etc...

[quote name='Yanksfan']None of that is worth it to me, personally. I think I will be done with the days of buying/selling slots and will pursue a LT group with another person I trust.[/QUOTE]That is how o see it too. Long term with some you trust for 50% discount.

Ugh that sucks, but whatever. I have been in a longterm share with a close friend for almost a year now (Which has been working great).

If anything, i'll end up using PSN just like i use Xbox Live, only buy the DLC i want, or any games that i am anticipated for. Other than that, wait until a price drop on everything else. Got a feeling this move might screw over some developers, because there were plenty of games i wouldnt have brought if it weren't for shares, or because i had saved money on shares.

If they do this, they had better start releasing demo's for EVERY PSN game, otherwise i'm not buying anything i havent played for full price to 50%. Guess i had better give out 2 of my slots to friends on my main so they dont go to waste (Seeing as i have 3 left)

[quote name='WV Matsui']I think 2 person share will still work for $10 games and DLC etc...[/QUOTE]

It can. I meant more the current approach is over and GSing will be taking a hit as a result.

[quote name='Yanksfan']It can. I meant more the current approach is over and GSing will be taking a hit as a result.[/QUOTE]

It definitely is a sad day for all of us. Our "Pearl Harbor" has occurred... No offense!

since gamesharing is sort of coming to an end and I do not feel like keeping track of all the accounts I have i want to sell the following accounts:

GOW 3 DLC ( includes all skins) $2
LA Noire DLC (ALL LA Noire DLC) $2
Infamous 2 DLC (this is from the Supervoucher) $2 (includes all skins and some powers as well as soundtrack)

or take all 3 for $4

Wow.. Well, because of this travesty..

Share 1
Call of Duty Black Ops All 4 Map Packs.. $6 (half off!)

US account. Will also throw in a Batman Beyond skin code for Arkham City to sweeten the deal.

PM asap!!!

This sucks. Gamesharing was pretty much the reason my 360 is collecting dust even though most of my friends are playing 360. Looks like my ps3 will be collecting dust now.

Selling these. Throw me a decent offer and I will most likely accept.

Account 1:
Bulletstorm

Account 2:
SF3/MK Collection

Account 3:
Modnation Racers

Selling the following shares:

Mass Effect 2 + the Arrival + some random weapon packs
Borderlands + all DLC
Back to the Future (all episodes)
L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass

Entertaining any reasonable offers.

I don't think Sony put a lot of though on this. I'd love to see the sales figures of PSN games after the change hits. I know I wouldn't have purchased that many games (if any) if not for gamesharing, so we'll see.

Well this was great news to wake uP to! I'm truly screwed as I have a system that desperately needs to be replaced so I guess I'll be losing all those games I bought! Unbelievable! Thanks $ony, your greed is truly unmatched!

I just woke up and this bs is what I see! Well from what Im understanding from reading it our accounts made before then are still safe at 5 soif thats true we shouldnt be worried about our old accounts, and keep making new ones until then, but after that Im buying only dlc, PSN can suck my balls

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Well this was great news to wake uP to! I'm truly screwed as I have a system that desperately needs to be replaced so I guess I'll be losing all those games I bought! Unbelievable! Thanks $ony, your greed is truly unmatched![/QUOTE]

Firesale time!!!

For game content purchased AFTERNovember 18, 2011, a new policy will apply and the number of devices that can be activated will be as follows:

PS3: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PS3 systems.

PSP: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PSP systems.

Our slots should still be good!

The last few posters are missing the point. Hosts presumably can now pick and choose who to deactivate from an online portal now. You don't have control over your slots anymore.

)

[quote name='jamehze']The last few posters are missing the point. Hosts presumably can now pick and choose who to deactivate from an online portal now. You don't have control over your slots anymore.

Well knowing this I'm looking for shares then on the cheap with known hosts.

I'm looking for Burnout Crash, Explodemon, Echochrome 2, From Dust, Limbo, Okabu, Puzzle Agent, Rochard, Rocket Birds, Sidescroller, Swarm, Tumble.

If not, I'll host any groups looking for them.

Selling/Trading (Host in info):
Alien Breed 1 + 2
Alien Breed 3 and Spare Parts
Ghostbusters (Host: bastiartadi)
All Borderlands DLC (Hosted)
Tales of Monkey Island (Hosted)
BFBC2 Onslaught/BF1943 (Hosted)[/QUOTE]

Not missing the point but looking on the brightside, almost everybody here on the forums I trust enough to not worry about stealing slots, as long as we stick with good traders it should be fine, however noobs will not like how our system here is gonna end up turning out lol

[quote name='jlazenby1']Not missing the point but looking on the brightside, almost everybody here on the forums I trust enough to not worry about stealing slots, as long as we stick with good traders it should be fine, however noobs will not like how our system here is gonna end up turning out lol[/QUOTE]

true

Not sure if this will affect gameshares before the change in policy, but I was wondering if any one wants to start a group for a year of Call of Duty Elite? Instead of buying the dlc as it comes out and only being able to split the cost between 2 people which would be more expensive. The cost is $50, so it would be $10 a piece for all future dlc and extra features. The only thing is we would have to find a host with good feedback.

Looking to join/start groups for the following games before the change happens if anyone is interested, would prefer to have at least 2 or more of the following games in each account:
Prince of Persia Trilogy, inFAMOUS Festival of Blood, Limbo, God of War Collection (1, 2 and both PSP remasters), Flower, Dragon Age: Origin, Echochrome 2, Far Cry 2, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, LEGO Pirates of Caribbean, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops (+DLC if possible), PixelJunk Monsters & Encore, PixelJunk Sidescroller & Splinter Cell Trilogy.

Also looking to start a PS1 Classics group before this takes effect as well. I would be highly interested with games like Chrono Cross (Next week), FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, RE1, RE2, RE3, Silent Hill, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Suikoden and any others people might be interested in.

Earthworm Jim HD Group ($1.30 per share)

1) waynetid
2) firetrucker
3) Tsel
4)
5)

Well I guess it's time to start getting rid of these slots so here's what I have:

Account 1: Call of Duty Classic
LittleBigPlanet
GTA Lost & the Damned
Black Ops Escalation Map Pack (offer)

Account 2:
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Hydrophobia
PS+ membership *expires 12/26* ($8)

Account 3:
Zen Pinball
Marvel Pinball ($4)

Account 4:
All black Ops Map Packs
Account 5:
Call of Duty Black Ops
(Will only sell 4 & 5 together- $20)

Account 6:
TMNT ($4- no longer sold on psn)

PM me. I know some are looking for a few things listed but I'm too agravated to go "full site" mode.

Looking for the following shares on the cheap with known hosts:

PSN Games:
Burnout Crash, Explodemon, Echochrome 2, From Dust, Limbo, Okabu, Puzzle Agent, Rochard, Rocket Birds, Sam and Max Season 1, Sidescroller, Swarm, Tumble.

Full Retail:
Crysis, God of War Origins Collection, Hot Pursuit, PoP Trilogy, Splinter Cell Trilogy

If not, I'll host any groups looking for them.

Selling/Trading (Host in info):
Alien Breed 1 + 2
Alien Breed 3 and Spare Parts
Ghostbusters (Host: bastiartadi)
All Borderlands DLC (Hosted)
Tales of Monkey Island (Hosted)
BFBC2 Onslaught/BF1943 (Hosted

I don't get why you guys are focusing on host host host, anyone with the account info can either guard it or abuse it. Pick one group member you trust, doesn't have to be the host, and let them keep an unknown password, nobody will be able to deactivate your accounts but him.

As for post-Nov 18th, 5 person game sharing is dead and good for them. It doesn't really affect legitimate users and it protects their sales. It definitely sucks for us but we were abusing the system. I figured this would happen eventually and we'll just have to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back