CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jamehze']Over supply is great! Cheaper shares for me.[/QUOTE]
Well.. yes. But thing is, everyone is both a buyer and seller of shares. So there's a disadvantage to it for everyone.

[quote name='bastiartadi']The biggest (and simplest) change that everyone can do is to simply be aware of the supply of shares. We have way too much supply of BF 3 right now and members will find it quite difficult to share since everyone who is interested already got one. If we only have a few supply of shares, then we are pretty much guaranteed that we have a buyer.[/QUOTE]

I can wait as long as possible on these lists. I also have the far superior Xbox 360 (take that meeek, haha).

[quote name='NSYNC']I can wait as long as possible on these lists. I also have the far superior Xbox 360 (take that meeek, haha).[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm assuming that most of the members are willing to wait for the initial two to finish. The question still remains, do those initial two members exist?? Will there be enough people that want to play them first for this to start?

God damn, I'm thinking way too much. Where was this when I was studying for my midterm???

[quote name='bastiartadi']Exactly. I'm assuming that most of the members are willing to wait for the initial two to finish. The question still remains, do those initial two members exist?? Will there be enough people that want to play them first for this to start?

God damn, I'm thinking way too much. Where was this when I was studying for my midterm???[/QUOTE]

Make a reduced scale buy-in. The person that ultimately gets stuck with the share when demand dries up isn't out a full share price (50%) this way. 6+ people per game should be enough to make things ALMOST similar to what they are now. If enough people buy/sell, the last person with the share could ultimately "own" it while everyone else got to play for almost-free. Most are discounting shares already.

[quote name='NSYNC']Make a reduced scale buy-in. The person that ultimately gets stuck with the share when demand dries up isn't out a full share price (50%) this way. 6+ people per game should be enough to make things ALMOST similar to what they are now. If enough people buy/sell, the last person with the share could ultimately "own" it while everyone else got to play for almost-free.[/QUOTE]

I like this. This man gets my vote.

Most are taking a hit anyway with these discounts lately. You and the next buyer could negotiate a reasonable price. Rinse and repeat until somebody "kills" one half of the group by keeping the share. It'd be idea if all hosts weren't interested in the game/dlc in question, but rather bookeepers who will rollover the passwords. Have two slots available from the get-go.

[quote name='Bking17']Still looking for Socom Confrontation Cold Front DLC Thanks[/QUOTE]

You're gonna have to buy it on an empty account and sell the shares yourself. Take the initial hit, because nobody currently has it. I've done this a few times, and it usually works itself out. Ofcourse, it's gonna take awhile to sell 4 shares.

[quote name='bastiartadi']Ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecy? Look it up.[/QUOTE]
yeah, be careful what you "wish" for.

[quote name='bastiartadi']We have way too much supply of BF 3 right now and members will find it quite difficult to share since everyone who is interested already got one. If we only have a few supply of shares, then we are pretty much guaranteed that we have a buyer.[/QUOTE]
in my book, we don't have enough! The "price" of the share goes up to £25 UK on the 18th, you realize? (buying it after will cost 1/2)

[quote name='jamehze']Over supply is great! Cheaper shares for me.[/QUOTE]
++
if anything, I'm gonna share like hell before Nov 18!

[quote name='NSYNC']I can wait as long as possible on these lists. I also have the far superior Xbox 360 (take that meeek, haha).[/QUOTE]
well, now you got a point lol, and remember, I ALSO have a 360!

[quote name='cobolatrix']@NSYNC Well, I just would feel a lot safer if I had the confidence that my share wouldn't be deactivated, it can be a mess for the host but if there is good comunication between the host and the others it should work[/QUOTE]
communication is key, I have a list of CAG that don't even reply to PMs, this/these should be 'discussed' about...

Last edited by a moderator:
6 way split sounds awesome but i dont think i would want to pay upfront to be the last 1 to download. this route would definitely be good for the trophy hunters that fly through their shares. i still got stuff from this past june i havent touched. play it by ear i guess:)

me personally i think id rather just have a buddy share someone in it for the long haul. definitely starting with ps plus and buying an occasional game or 2. i dont rush though games and paying half is still better than full price.

anyone currently sharing ps plus that share will be useless after the 18th

No, don't pay upfront six ways. The first two split 50/50, then they sell to the next person in the "wait list" for an agreed upon price. Wait list are the new groups for example. The price could be anything, but hopefully it goes down each time. Whoever gets "stuck" with the share at the end isn't out 50% this way. This could be the last person to play or someone wanting to buy the share back. We can still play games for "almost-free" with this system and "own" them for less than 50%.

EDIT: I usually run through gameshares ASAP, but can also wait. I'm usually done within 1-3 days (got UC3 plat tonight for example). If not for trophies, I'd be done in hours. I'm trying to rid myself of this addiction by selling my Splinter Cell slot to jamehze at only 2% complete. meeek can vouch when I say this a huge breakthrough for me.

NSYNC don't delete your latest posts (not tonight anyway), it helps the brainstorming.

Make a reduced scale buy-in. The person that ultimately gets stuck with the share when demand dries up isn't out a full share price (50%) this way. 6+ people per game should be enough to make things ALMOST similar to what they are now. If enough people buy/sell, the last person with the share could ultimately "own" it while everyone else got to play for almost-free.
+1

[quote name='NSYNC']No, don't pay upfront six ways. The first two split 50/50, then they sell to the next person in the "wait list" for an agreed upon price. Wait list are the new groups for example. The price could be anything, but hopefully it goes down each time.[/QUOTE]

50-35-20 or 50-40-30-20, ideally 15% or 10% each level until the very last one? Wait list is a great idea. You're guaranteed to have a spot after x amount of time and you get a discount out of it. That's a much feasible idea than mine.

This way, people are encouraged to wait and not form groups immediately when big games are available. 2 groups per game should be the max!

Also, since the OP is wikified too, we can make the wait list official there. Or create a social group. Whichever would be more convenient.

[quote name='bastiartadi']50-35-20- Ideally 15% each level until the very last one? Wait list is a great idea. You're guaranteed to have a spot after x amount of time and you get a discount out of it. That's a much feasible idea than mine.

This way, people are encouraged to wait and not form groups immediately when big games are available. 2 groups per game should be the max![/QUOTE]

I'm loving it! Keep going fellas, this is really coming together nicely

[quote name='Heavyd814life']I'm loving it! Keep going fellas, this is really coming together nicely[/QUOTE]

When push come to shove, cheap ass gamers will remain cheap. This is going along nicely.

Also, since the OP is wikified too, we can make the wait list official there. Or create a social group!

[quote name='NSYNC']No, don't pay upfront six ways. The first two split 50/50, then they sell to the next person in the "wait list" for an agreed upon price. Wait list are the new groups for example. The price could be anything, but hopefully it goes down each time. Whoever gets "stuck" with the share at the end isn't out 50% this way. This could be the last person to play or someone wanting to buy the share back. We can still play games for "almost-free" with this system and "own" them for less than 50%.

EDIT: I usually run through gameshares ASAP, but can also wait. I'm usually done within 1-3 days (got UC3 plat tonight for example). If not for trophies, I'd be done in hours. I'm trying to rid myself of this addiction by selling my Splinter Cell slot to jamehze at only 2% complete. meeek can vouch when I say this a huge breakthrough for me.[/QUOTE]

i really gotta lay off the eh nevermind
thanks for clearing my head from the confused state i was in.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']I'm loving it! Keep going fellas, this is really coming together nicely[/QUOTE]
it is! we should make this thread unlurkable, wouldn't want those bastards to drop it to one slot haha

LOL at post just above, I think I'm in that confused state, too, I find it helps brainstorming XD

PS: to the corporate cheerleader who put "you're all pirates" as tag?
watch "The Corporation" on your free time, enlightening! or think of MonsantoTM, money grubbing whore$$$

[quote name='NSYNC']No, don't pay upfront six ways. The first two split 50/50, then they sell to the next person in the "wait list" for an agreed upon price. Wait list are the new groups for example. The price could be anything, but hopefully it goes down each time. Whoever gets "stuck" with the share at the end isn't out 50% this way. This could be the last person to play or someone wanting to buy the share back. We can still play games for "almost-free" with this system and "own" them for less than 50%.

EDIT: I usually run through gameshares ASAP, but can also wait. I'm usually done within 1-3 days (got UC3 plat tonight for example). If not for trophies, I'd be done in hours. I'm trying to rid myself of this addiction by selling my Splinter Cell slot to jamehze at only 2% complete. meeek can vouch when I say this a huge breakthrough for me.[/QUOTE]

The percentages kill me. Zen Pinball and Burn Zombie Burn are killing me.

[quote name='bastiartadi']This way, people are encouraged to wait and not form groups immediately when big games are available. 2 groups per game should be the max![/QUOTE]

Yep, you're also guaranteed a resale if buying early. The only downside is the actual wait knowing you won't get to play for free anymore. The was the one positive of rushing through games here. This system will actually attract the trophy crowd.

[quote name='jamehze']The percentages kill me. Zen Pinball and Burn Zombie Burn are killing me.[/QUOTE]

I've got 60% on BZB, but I'm not wasting anymore time on that game until they release Zombie Sushi (2 year delay preventing 100%). I figure I'll just buy Splinter Cell on disc, since it was one of my favorite series on Xbox. I will get my 100%!

i strongly suggest to anyone who wants ps plus to find another and split the cost in half. only way to take full advantage of plus, unless you wanna pay full price on your own account.

[quote name='Brainberry']Might Just sell my LT PS+ Group Share.

20+ games for a bargain.[/QUOTE]

I've barely broken through our LTS and now with my huge backlog. Thank god my laser died on me.

[quote name='meeek']PS: who put "you're all pirates" as tag?[/QUOTE]

A hater that's upset we've figured out a damn good system in less than 24 hours. Their once happy day has been ruined, LOL! It happened almost immediately after the wait list/discount tier was brought up. They know what's up.

Thinking of hosting -off EUR store.

-Toy Story 3 (€29.99)
-Epyx's Impossible Mission (mini, playable on ps3 and psp)
-Severed ( Dead Space 2 dlc)
-other DS2 dlc ?

will probably add to the list, open for ideas, from US store works, too (getting $20 psn soon), PM me or post for interest, thanks!
--------------------
Jurassic Park ?

1. sunghost (host)
2. WV Matsui
3. Yanksfan
4. bill123
5. meeek ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvd8pseTJ-0

& watch?v=NtiWYjXdcmQ

--------------------
Selling:

Tetris (ps3) + Tales from Space About a Blob + inFAMOUS1 + Dead Nation + 2 PSP WB games
$3.50 OBO -25 trophies for you hunters! (not counting WB games)

Costume Quest+DLC, DeathSpank Thongs of Virtue

$6.50 OBO

Stacking DLC
$0.99, BO or offered with any account.

PM me please.

Buy Early = Almost automatic resale, first to play. You end up losing practically nothing.
Buy Late = Cheaper than everyone before you, can keep or sell your half of the share at anytime.

If we treat the wait lists like groups and not bail once they're set, this is foolproof. Try to get atleast 6 people before starting another wait list for the same item. This will help everyone in the long run and bring more variety in what we buy/sell. As people wait (don't pay, but confirm your 6), they may set up new game waiting lists. This is where I think the trophy enthusiasts come in with DLC.

Example ;

1. A $10 share split 50/50 = $5. You're now in the hole $5, but sell that share to person #2 for $4.50 (10%) once finished.

2. Person #2 is out $4.50 but sells for $4.05 (10%) once finished.

3. Person #3 now has a $5 share for $4.05 (a near dollar savings already). They can now do whatever they feel like with it. Remember, this started out as a $10 item (almost 60% savings). If they resell to person #1 for $4.05 or less, they'll end up paying less than the original $5 they put upfront to get the ball rolling. You could also sell to an outside party. If you went this route, everyone in the "3" got to play a $10 game for .50 or less. Everyone past/outside #3 is paying less than $4 until the market dries up.

4. The other 3 members are doing the same thing your half is. Ideally, the first two in the group should always be speedrunners/trophy enthusiast, not people who throw it in their backlog.

Buy Early = Almost automatic resale, first to play. You end up losing practically nothing.
Buy Late = Cheaper than everyone before you, can keep or sell your half of the share at anytime.

If we treat the wait lists like groups and not bail once they're set, this is foolproof. Try to get atleast 6 people before starting another wait list for the same item. This will help everyone in the long run and bring more variety in what we buy/sell. As people wait (don't pay, but confirm your 6), they may set up new game waiting lists. This is where I think the trophy enthusiasts come in with DLC.

Example ;

1. A $10 share split 50/50 = $5. You're now in the hole $5, but sell that share to person #2 for $4.50 (-10%) once finished.

2. Person #2 is out $4.50 but sells for $4.05 (-10%) once finished.

3. Person #3 now has a $5 share for $4.05 (a near dollar savings already). They can now do whatever they feel like with it. Remember, this started out as a $10 item (almost 60% savings). If they resell to person #1 for $4.05 or less, they'll end up paying less than the original $5 they put upfront to get the ball rolling. You could also sell to an outside party. If you went this route, everyone in the "3" got to play a $10 game for .50 or less. Everyone past/outside #3 is paying less than $4 with the right to "own" until the market dries up.

4. The other 3 members are doing the same thing your half is. Ideally, the first two in the group should always be speedrunners/trophy enthusiast, not people who throw it in their backlog.

The 10% was just an example
Every wait list should come to some sort of agreement on the discount % before purchase. This is where we fight for members to join our lists. Could get very competitive, which is a good thing too. A better discount eases the sting of a potentially long wait. Instead of resellers discounting shares undercutting one another, we can now do this LOL! You want to host and control everybody's share? Pay for it!

just wanted to chime in and mentioned that I'm impressed the the quick progress of these workarounds that are being mentioned.

don't know if I'll be participating, but well done guys; only thing that could hamper this is if there is some limitation on how activating/deactivating will work in the future

They may do a 24 hour type deal, but they're basically handing the activate/deactivate responsibility to us now. Even if it's a 24 hour lock (80029780), we've figured out how to counter that.

how I envision a future "group" looking (percentages are random)

MGS HD Collection

1. NSYNC (host) - offering 12% discount when finished (paid $X.XX)
2. ewugfh - offering 50% discount when finished (paid $X.XX)
3. uewrt74 - offering 20% discount when finished (paid $X.XX)
4. kr846 - offering NO discount when finished (paid $X.XX)
5. 4ryi4y - 13% discount when finished (paid $X.XX)
6. r8jflfg - offering NO discount when finished (paid $X.XX)

[quote name='charles']don't know if I'll be participating, but well done guys; only thing that could hamper this is if there is some limitation on how activating/deactivating will work in the future[/QUOTE]

They may do a 24 hour type deal, but they're basically handing the activate/deactivate responsibility to us now. Even if it's a 24 hour lock (80029780), we've figured out how to counter that.

Thinking of hosting -off EUR store.

-other DS2 dlc ?

will probably add to the list, open for ideas, from US store works, too (getting $20 psn soon), PM me or post for interest, thanks!

[quote name='meeek']Thinking of hosting -off EUR store.

-other DS2 dlc ?

will probably add to the list, open for ideas, from US store works, too (getting $20 psn soon), PM me or post for interest, thanks![/QUOTE]

NFS: Hot Pursuit DLC? I remember alot of people buying that game. Maybe you could find 5.

What would be a fair price to ask for a slot with these games.(given the money put into the group but also being a great deal)

Infamous Festival Of Blood
Outland
Hasbro Family Game Night
Hydrophobia Prophecy
Dead Nation
Burn Zombie Burn
Super Stardust HD
Gatling Gears
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Plants Vs ZOmbies
BOmber Man Ultra
Resident Evil 1, 2, 3 & 4
Costume Quest
Call Of Duty Classic
Back To The Future(all episodes)(5)
Gravity Crash
Pixel Junk Shooter 2
Sonic 1&2
All Crash Badicoot Games
Stacking
Comet Crash Digger HD
Magic The Gathering DOTP
Streets Of Rage
Astro Tripper
Warhawk
Mod Nation Racers(psp)
LBP(psp)

And a bunch o mini's & ps1 classics & dynamic themes that add up to 150+ DL's

selling

Final fantasy tactics +suikoden $2

payday $3

ff7 - suikoden - pe - legend of mana -blood omen legacy of kain offer

Couldn't you avoid your PS3 being deactivated from a game until your done by simply disconnecting it from the internet until your done. I realize you wont be able to play online but you would be able to finish the game before some moron would be an a**hole and deactivate your PS3. Just a thought.

[quote name='iwarboY']MGS Collection HD 10$ each

1) need host
2) iwarboy
3) ako127
4)antlp89
5) Reo 15x

i'll host this one.[/QUOTE]

I'll take it. Hopefully it lands before Nov. 18.

Renegade Ops
1 slot available (2592MB) - $3.00

Heavy Rain The Taxidermist DLC
1 slot available (907MB) - $1.00

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Online Pass
5 slots available (555KB) - $1.12 each

flOw + Welcome Back*
1 slot available (90MB) - $1.60

Dante's Inferno Dark Forest Pack DLC*
3 slots available (307MB) - $1.00 each

Burn Zombie Burn: Diarrhea of the Dead Bundle + Tomb Raider Underworld*
1 slot available (185MB/6149MB) - $5.00

*Diarrhea of the Dead Bundle includes full game (164MB), In Space DLC (21MB) and PS3 theme (4589KB).
*Dark Forest pack includes the Disco Inferno costume, Stone of Wrath relic, and a prequel level featuring new enemies, puzzles, storyline, and 2 trophies!
*flOw Welcome Back includes Dead Nation (1424MB), Wipeout HD/Fury (1778MB), Killzone PSP (510MB), Modnation Racers PSP (1083MB) and Wonderland Pixel theme (650KB).

[quote name='Brainberry']Selling Mortal Combat Vs DC Universe

$4.00[/QUOTE]

Haha :) me too!

-------------

NSYNC, meek and everyone I'm with your idea!

Occupy $ony is underway my friends! After the initial shock I knew we could all come up with something and I think you have!

-------------

Selling
MK v DC $4 (avail 11/7)
Vegas 2 $4
Infamous FOB - $1.50 (avail 11/7)

Take the entire lot for $7ish

PM me!

(morning DangKid! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back