CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homefront with all DLC for $6.50. I actually like this game better than I did BF3. Pretty interesting story line. PM if interested

Also selling Renegade Ops $2.

Now off to finally continue playing Batman AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='King J Gatz']Homefront with all DLC for $7 Just finishing it up right now. I actually like this game better than I did BF3. Pretty interesting story line. PM if interested

Also selling Renegade Ops $2.[/QUOTE]

Gatz I really liked it! Glad I bit on this when we got it! Very fun game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bastardi/Meeeeeeek I am completely onboard with how you guys are describing it. Even more so sine I am one of those people who would be happy to take the later spots since I am slow at playing anyway :)

(Also considering a Dragon Age: Origins and all DLC group)

[quote name='WV Matsui']Gatz I really liked it! Glad I bit on this when we got it! Very fun game![/QUOTE]

Did you already sell your share? The MP is pretty fun but all my friends just play COD or Halo and I like to play with people I know and not hearing some moron kids talk crap.

[quote name='King J Gatz']Did you already sell your share? The MP is pretty fun but all my friends just play COD or Halo and I like to play with people I know and not hearing some moron kids talk crap.[/QUOTE]

Sorry bud I sold it this week after I beat the SP.

I did send you a FR on PSN though! :)

Selling these accounts

GOW 3 DLC ( includes all skins) $1.50
LA Noire DLC (ALL LA Noire DLC) $1.75
Infamous 2 DLC (this is from the Supervoucher) $1.50 (includes all skins and some powers as well as soundtrack)

Or take all 3 for $3.5 OBO

Please pm me

[quote name='jgiovanni']Selling these accounts

GOW 3 DLC ( includes all skins) $1.50
LA Noire DLC (ALL LA Noire DLC) $1.75
Infamous 2 DLC (this is from the Supervoucher) $1.50 (includes all skins and some powers as well as soundtrack)

Or take all 3 for $3.5 OBO

Please pm me[/QUOTE]

What does the GOW DLC include?

i don't want to play with my system disconnected from the internet...
lets just agree to not be douches and not deactivate others systems. that would totally suck.
so the shares prior to the 18th should be good and 5 people can still play them, its just if one is a jerk and goes on the computer and deactivates the other users? that would be super lame. please don't do this anyone. there is no benefit for anyone to do this. i take forever to play my games and i wish to keep my gameshares as i havnt played 75%+ of the games i have shared yet. ugh. i hate how i have to hope someone else won't mess up my system now. great way of doing business Sony. make your existing customers frightened of losing their content. ugh

[quote name='Velo214']i don't want to play with my system disconnected from the internet...
lets just agree to not be douches and not deactivate others systems. that would totally suck.
so the shares prior to the 18th should be good and 5 people can still play them, its just if one is a jerk and goes on the computer and deactivates the other users? that would be super lame. please don't do this anyone. there is no benefit for anyone to do this. i take forever to play my games and i wish to keep my gameshares as i havnt played 75%+ of the games i have shared yet. ugh. i hate how i have to hope someone else won't mess up my system now. great way of doing business Sony. make your existing customers frightened of losing their content. ugh[/QUOTE]

You mean of losing access to someone else's content right? Because you do not own this content.

And the benefit is they got your $$, and now have more gameshares they can give away/sell.

But making it sound like Sony should care if you lose access to content you didn't pay them for? That's laughable.

[quote name='Velo214']i don't want to play with my system disconnected from the internet...
so the shares prior to the 18th should be good and 5 people can still play them, its just if one is a jerk and goes on the computer and deactivates the other users? that would be super lame. please don't do this anyone. there is no benefit for anyone to do this. i take forever to play my games and i wish to keep my gameshares as i havnt played 75%+ of the games i have shared yet. ugh. i hate how i have to hope someone else won't mess up my system now. great way of doing business Sony. make your existing customers frightened of losing their content. ugh[/QUOTE]

I just suggested that so you don't lose your content before your done beating it. I hope you realize people are assholes in this world and will deactivate your system because they feel like it.

Interesting idea. I may disconnect from the Internet for a majority of the time since I play most games single player or local multiplayer anyway. As long as everything is already downloaded from the accounts, there would be no need to get back on except for multiplayer.

One possible theory is that with all of these games coming digital, somebody in Sony may have actually put two and two together and figured the 5 slot gameshare ability would ruin their goal towards strictly digital.

One counter argument may be "well why did they let it go this long" you'd be surprised how one department within one company doesn't communicate well with another within the same company. It happens in the real world all the time. With the new push of digital games that you see on PSN, I don't think the timing is incidental.

dude im pretty sure everyone here paid for their content, what are you talking about?

also i did all my gameshares on cag in this forum in the past few months, and most are with awesome people like k gatz, meeek, nsync, etc so hopefully no one deactivates my accounts, lol. and with mw3 coming out next week there is no way i can play disconnected.

[quote name='contej85']You mean of losing access to someone else's content right? Because you do not own this content.

And the benefit is they got your $$, and now have more gameshares they can give away/sell.

But making it sound like Sony should care if you lose access to content you didn't pay them for? That's laughable.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like another sony fanboy, we all paid for the content, maybe only in peices but some of us dont want to pay the full price for there crap, and some of us have bills and some even have kids, so the discount helps us, sony sand till got a sale, that if not for sharing 99% of the time they wouldnt have if not for sharing.

There's hardly anyone in here that I don't trust to a certain extent. Obviously there are guys I trust more than others, but that's what happens when you have transactions with them. You can't gain their trust if you don't give them a chance in the first place.

Also, why are a couple of you already selling your MK vs DCU shares? By the way, how big is the file?

Can't we treat deactivated accounts like scammers?

If someone deactivates the account post the email address of the account and our crack team will do the best to track down the account host, pinpoint the guilty party etc?

Would this be enough?

[quote name='jlazenby1']Sounds like another sony fanboy, we all paid for the content, maybe only in peices but some of us dont want to pay the full price for there crap, and some of us have bills and some even have kids, so the discount helps us, sony sand till got a sale, that if not for sharing 99% of the time they wouldnt have if not for sharing.[/QUOTE]

Sony fanboy? I only got a PS3 recently because it was basically given to me. If anything I prefer my 360, but that's irrelevant. My point is that's all well and good that you were able to take advantage, but faulting Sony for not caring if you lose access to content you paid someone else for is just silly. Yes, they got a sale, and the person who purchased that will still have access to the content. Sony's obligation is to that user, not the others. We were lucky, now we aren't anymore. We all knew the risks.

On that note, still hoping to get a share going for the Pixeljunk games, especially Monsters, or to buy a share from someone. PM me please.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Can't we treat deactivated accounts like scammers?

If someone deactivates the account post the email address of the account and our crack team will do the best to track down the account host, pinpoint the guilty party etc?

Would this be enough?[/QUOTE]

We could have the host immediately change the password after everyone used it and then you know exactly who did it.

Looking for groups with any 2 or more of these games:

Prince of Persia Trilogy, God of War Collection (1, 2 and both PSP remasters), Infamous 2, Crysis, inFAMOUS Festival of Blood, Limbo, Flower, Dragon Age: Origin, Echochrome 2, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops (+DLC if possible), PixelJunk Monsters & Encore, PixelJunk Sidescroller, From Dust, Renegade Ops, Joe Dangers & Castle Crashers.

so if the share is bought before this change, will you always be able to trade up to 5 people?

Ex. if there is a group for crysis, can they trade with other people after the change date, up to 5 ppl

[quote name='audilover']so if the share is bought before this change, will you always be able to trade up to 5 people?

Ex. if there is a group for crysis, can they trade with other people after the change date, up to 5 ppl[/QUOTE]
If you have 5 slots now it will continue to have 5 slots after the change. At least according to the PS blog post:

For game content purchased after November 18, 2011, a new policy will apply and the number of devices that can be activated will be as follows:

• PS3: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PS3 systems.
  • PSP: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PSP systems.
Please note that this update will not affect game content purchased before November 18. The PSP rights include PSP-1000/2000/3000 series as well as the PSPgo system.

[quote name='Waynetid']Looking for groups with any 2 or more of these games:

God of War Collection (1, 2.[/QUOTE]

I'd be in for God of War,

That new policy sucks, i don't Understand i know people who personally have 3 PS3s in there house alone and maybe another 1 that got ylod

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']I'd be in for God of War,

That new policy sucks, i don't Understand i know people who personally have 3 PS3s in there house alone and maybe another 1 that got ylod[/QUOTE]

I'm in for the GoW 1 & 2 collection as well.

Guys I'm not sure how this deactivation from internet thingie will work, but how would the PS3 know you deactivated a content from the PC, as long as you don't log again to that account ?

Sounds like it won't work like that, and if it's anything like the PSP (you can deactivate it from the PC but you need to use your PSP anyway), you would need to log to your PS3 to confirm your deactivation maybe.

If it's not anything like all these (would be to good to be true), why not still buy a game with 5 peoples, activate it on 2 PS3, then deactivate them from PC and activate 2 others, etc ? Doubt Sony is that silly, so their activation portal won't work like that IMO.

[quote name='Topaz']Guys I'm not sure how this deactivation from internet thingie will work, but how would the PS3 know you deactivated a content from the PC, as long as you don't log again to that account ?

Sounds like it won't work like that, and if it's anything like the PSP (you can deactivate it from the PC but you need to use your PSP anyway), you would need to log to your PS3 to confirm your deactivation maybe.

If it's not anything like all these (would be to good to be true), why not still buy a game with 5 peoples, activate it on 2 PS3, then deactivate them from PC and activate 2 others, etc ? Doubt Sony is that silly, so their activation portal won't work like that IMO.[/QUOTE]

Youd be surprised lol Sony deactivates accounts (1 time only) and the only slot that remains used is yyour main ps3, however everyone else still can use the accounts games and dlc as long as they dont go into that account

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']conte i was looking for ur name but i wasnt on here for a day so it got lost in translation...

Who wants to host this?[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to host.

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']That new policy sucks, i don't Understand i know people who personally have 3 PS3s in there house alone and maybe another 1 that got ylod[/QUOTE]That is a lot of extra jobs ;)

Seriously though, what % of their install base do you really think has more than 2 PS3s? I'd be shocked if it is more than 1%.

Well if we can do that, it's even better than before : why not buying a game with like 10 people, and then we activate it on each PS3, deactivate, then next person, etc... Everybody will be able to play this game but paying only 1/10 of the price of the game. I think it would be too nice, again I doubt Sony is that silly.

[quote name='jlazenby1']Youd be surprised lol Sony deactivates accounts (1 time only) and the only slot that remains used is yyour main ps3, however everyone else still can use the accounts games and dlc as long as they dont go into that account[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Waynetid']If you have 5 slots now it will continue to have 5 slots after the change. At least according to the PS blog post:[/QUOTE]

thats still pretty awesome. Hopefully people with the 5 slots wont up-price their shares

[quote name='Topaz']Guys I'm not sure how this deactivation from internet thingie will work, but how would the PS3 know you deactivated a content from the PC, as long as you don't log again to that account ?

If it's not anything like all these (would be to good to be true), why not still buy a game with 5 peoples, activate it on 2 PS3, then deactivate them from PC and activate 2 others, etc ? Doubt Sony is that silly, so their activation portal won't work like that IMO.[/QUOTE]

Customer Service can deactivate your account remotely so it's indeed possible for anyone to do it given the tools.

The questions really is if you can deactivate PS3s individually or if the portal specifically needs to deactivate ALL accounts attached to it.

@bastiartadi : even if so, if it deactivates ALL PS3, we can always end up activating 10 PS3 on one account that way :D Let's wait before speculating.

[quote name='Topaz']@bastiartadi : even if so, if it deactivates ALL PS3, we can always end up activating 10 PS3 on one account that way :D Let's wait before speculating.[/QUOTE]

Your argument does not make sense. If it's deactivated, you can't play the game. That's a fact. They even said so in the replies in the PSN Blog.

[quote name='Waynetid']If you have 5 slots now it will continue to have 5 slots after the change. At least according to the PS blog post:[/QUOTE]

If I understand you correctly, why don't we all just make a couple of dummy accounts now, so they'll have 5 slots after the change, and use them for future shares?

[quote name='bastiartadi']Your argument does not make sense. If it's deactivated, you can't play the game. That's a fact. They even said so in the replies in the PSN Blog.[/QUOTE]

What he's talking about is what lazenby alluded to;

Usually, as long as you don't access/login into the account that's been deactivated (i.e. by Sony customer service), already downloaded games remain playable on your system.

[quote name='harleymandvdson']If I understand you correctly, why don't we all just make a couple of dummy accounts now, so they'll have 5 slots after the change, and use them for future shares?[/QUOTE]

Because all content purchased after the 18th is only accessible to the first two accounts that access it.

[quote name='harleymandvdson']If I understand you correctly, why don't we all just make a couple of dummy accounts now, so they'll have 5 slots after the change, and use them for future shares?[/QUOTE]

they make it sound like any new purchases on old accounts will only have 2 activations. any old purchases will remain 5 activations. i'd be careful about thinking that if you have a pre 11/18 account that you will have 5 activations forever on anything(new purchases).

on the other hand you could make separate accounts now for games and popular dlcs and you would have 5 activations (like acb or cod) but with being able to deactivate and activate anytime you'll need to make sure the HOST is honest and trustworthy.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']What he's talking about is what lazenby alluded to;

Usually, as long as you don't access/login into the account that's been deactivated (i.e. by Sony customer service), already downloaded games remain playable on your system.

Because all content purchased after the 18th is only accessible to the first two accounts that access it.[/QUOTE]

Yea that's what I thought, just making sure. Thanks. Also that other idea sounds pretty good (with the deactivate thing). My only problem is that 10 people might be too much, you'd need alot of patients. It would bring down the price by alot though so i'd probably still be in for the 10 people idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back