CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has a share left of RDR or both RDR and UN the I have paypal ready. And I mean the 1/5 share. I'd rather not do the 1/2 price for it but if that's what I gotta do then that's what I gotta do lol.

Hey guys if anyone have a share of Battlefield 3, Black Ops full game, and black ops map packs, Im willing to pay a bit more than the 1/5 share. PM me

I know we can't get new games at 1/5h the price. but old games still have 5 shares if they were bought earlier right?
If that's the case, I'm up to paypal 6 bucks to anyone who could give me a share of Record of Aragast War, or 12 bucks for 2 shares. Please PM if you have the game from before the change and have shares to sell!

[quote name='Tsel']It's been swell everyone! I'll still be around though. I'm open to 1/2 price and rental systems. I'm not giving up hope until Sony completely kills off Gamesharing in the next update. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Would still be around but sharing less frequently now.

Since I probably wont be on this thread too much anymore. Add me on PSN J_gatz I think I'm going to buy UC3 so I will need some peeps to play online with.

Hey got a question for anyone who might know the answer. While the psn is down can you still download a game from their network that you activated earlier?

It's looking like all accounts made prior to today will still fall under the 5 activations for future purchases. Don't hold me to this, but this is what my "sources" are telling me. They've been right everytime so far. Sony is apparently going to be spreading this little fib like they did with online passes being tied to accounts.

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Has anyone been able to sign in during the maintenance? Also I'll still be around too, just not as much. I'll be doing the 1/2 thing too.[/QUOTE]

If you were online before the maintenance, it's business as usual. I've been logged in all day (still am). You can't sign back in if you log out though.

[quote name='xealot']Hey got a question for anyone who might know the answer. While the psn is down can you still download a game from their network that you activated earlier?[/QUOTE]

No, the store is down. All you can do is install.

[quote name='NSYNC']I hope so. I have a few empty accounts I recovered recently.[/QUOTE]

So we can add new games to the accounts that have the 5 activations on them?

[quote name='NSYNC']It's looking like all accounts made prior to today will still fall under the 5 activations for future purchases. Don't hold me to this, but this is what my "sources" are telling me. They've been right everytime so far. Sony is apparently going to be spreading this little fib like they did with online passes being tied to accounts..[/QUOTE]
From blog: for game content purchased after November 18, 2011, a new policy will apply and the number of devices that can be activated will be as follows.

• PS3: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PS3 systems.
  • PSP: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PSP systems.
Please note that this update will not affect game content purchased before November 18.

They put the "after" in bold, not me...

[quote name='NSYNC']No, the store is down. All you can do is install.[/QUOTE]
you don't (usually) need to be connected to psn to DL, haven't tried during maintenance, it might work, will try to resume pending DL's to see and update.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NSYNC']It's looking like all accounts made prior to today will still fall under the 5 activations for future purchases. Don't hold me to this, but this is what my "sources" are telling me. They've been right everytime so far. Sony is apparently going to be spreading this little fib like they did with online passes being tied to accounts.
[/QUOTE]
This would be good, but I doubt Sony would leave such a big loophole. I see them eventually limiting everything to 2 activations, it's OtherOS all over again.

I understood it like Meek's post, any purchases after the 18th would only get 2 activations, so it wouldn't matter how many empty accounts we had, anything new will only be 2 activations.

I read there would be legal issues if they were to change the "agreement": basically, we bought games and their 5 slots prior to november 18 (or 17), they just can't go back.

[quote name='WV Matsui']So we can add new games to the accounts that have the 5 activations on them?[/QUOTE]
GAMES (not accounts) bought before: 5 slots, after, 2 slots.

[quote name='meeek']I read there would be legal issues if they were to change the "agreement": basically, we bought games and their 5 slots prior to november 18 (or 17), they just can't go back.

GAMES (not accounts) bought before: 5 slots, after, 2 slots.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they have something up there sleeve. look at otherOS, there was legal issues with removing that from fat/old ps3's, but in the end Sony won and they had no problem getting rid of it.

until at least 1am EST harley

transcollector, so true, I got screwed by the store going maintenance on me 2 to 3 hours early.

Must we argue about things being said... Companies say a lot of things that arnt true and they will constantly say things like that. Till the store is back up, its all just speculation. (even sourced info)

As far as otherOS... many people were able to get refunds. Sony could easily make claims that you only need 2 (as you can freely deactivate now), but come on lets keep it civil.

[quote name='NSYNC']LOL, I really don't know what meeek's talking about at this point.[/QUOTE]
LOL, you're talking?!

You're repeating stuff everyone knows -games bought before will KEEP 5 slots- trying to pass as an insider ("source" lmao).
Transcollector said it best: Sony might change that, too, like they have used us of doing...

PS: guy from other forum who supposedly called sony -don't know about credibility yet- said we will only be able to deac accounts every 6 months.
If true, that's both good (no way to deac someone right away) and bad news (waiting that long)...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='meeek']LOL, you're talking?!

You're repeating stuff everyone knows -games bought before will KEEP 5 slots- trying to pass as an insider ("source" lmao).
Transcollector said it best: Sony might change that, too, like they have used us of doing...

PS: guy from other forum who supposedly called sony (don't know about credibility yet) said we will only be able to deac accounts every 6 months.[/QUOTE]

The deactivating limit is actually very believable. I figured they'd have some sort of time span in which you could remotely deactivate PS3s.

[quote name='NSYNC']LOL, I really don't know what meeek's talking about at this point.[/QUOTE]
LOL, you're talking?!

PS: guy from other forum who supposedly called sony -don't know about credibility yet- said we will only be able to deac accounts every 6 months.
If true, that's both good (no way to deac someone right away) and bad news (waiting that long)...

It would be, I believe, because they never could fix the "deactivation glitch", which is... good for us! (jlazen talked about it, for "insiders")

What happened? All I see is people whining about fighting, haha. You guys overreact about everything. meeek and I are cool.

yeah we are, some "over reacters" thought we were overreacting lol

[quote name='meeek']you don't need to be connected to psn to continue or resume pending download[/QUOTE]
Verified just now, and confirmed
+ like my buddy Megadrixfire told me, it (again) seems to accelerate the DLing process

do or have any of you guys used a proxy server to download via PC then transfer to your ps3? i use a proxy server, it is a lot faster than downloading from ps3 and saves you ps3 from doing all that work.

[quote name='bastiartadi']It's so quiet in here..[/QUOTE]

It's the eye of the storm, don't worry, all hell will break lose at 1 am EST :lol:

[quote name='sunghost']It's the eye of the storm, don't worry, all hell will break lose at 1 am EST :lol:[/QUOTE]

The big bad Steamboat Operator will strike tonight! Muwahahaha! Muwahahahahahahaha! All your shares shall me mine! Finally my evil plan, which I spent over a month meticulously planning will come to fruition! Muwahahaha!

*Shang Tsung voice* Your shares are mine!

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']The big bad Steamboat Operator will strike tonight! Muwahahaha! Muwahahahahahahaha! All your shares shall me mine! Finally my evil plan, which I spent over a month meticulously planning will come to fruition! Muwahahaha!

*Shang Tsung voice* Your shares are mine![/QUOTE]

All your base are belong to us.

[quote name='NSYNC']Hey guys, no fighting. Let's keep it civil.[/QUOTE]

I think it's funny we are the only ones hanging around!

NSYNC you like my idea or no?

I like any idea. I just can't do long-term stuff because I want to get back to my 360. This thread made me neglect it big time. I need to finish Resident Evil 5 (85%, platinum) before this change happens, but someone's on my PS3. May as well hang out here.

[quote name='NSYNC']Hey guys, no fighting. Let's keep it civil.[/QUOTE]

In a time like this!?!? How can we? It's every man for themselves! Haaaaaaa!

Save us Jesus, or Allah, or Thor, or Poseidon, or Kratos, or Flying Spaghetti Monster, or any other fictional god out there, save us all!

[quote name='Usuyami']You would think with the store down and all, some of you guys would spend some time actually playing games. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm getting my Dungeon Defenders on, great game.

[quote name='Usuyami']You would think with the store down and all, some of you guys would spend some time actually playing games. ;)[/QUOTE]

I put too much time into RE5 the last three days. I think I need a break.

I've been playing Skyrim for the past week. The more I play it, the more addicted I get. It's a vicious vicious cycle. I'm probably not even a quarter through the game yet either.

[quote name='Usuyami']I've been playing Skyrim for the past week. The more I play it, the more addicted I get. It's a vicious vicious cycle. I'm probably not even a quarter through the game yet either.[/QUOTE]

That game is absolutely amazing!

Anyone start Jurrasic Park? I did today an it's pretty good. Reminds me a lot of Heavy Rain.

[quote name='cobolatrix']Yeah, at a time like this I've been playing the single player campaign of BF3, it mostly sucks :([/QUOTE]

I thought it was fantastic. Much better than the Call of Duty, Crysis, (insert generic shooter here), etc campaigns anyways. The only recent FPS campagin I enjoyed more than BF3 was the Medal of Honor campaign. Multiplayer is really where it is at though.

I would have gamed some today, but I decided to let my PS3 rest after downloading about 75 GB in the past week. Over the next month, I plan on downloading EVERYTHING I have ever purchased on every account I have currently. Should be fun. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back