CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when did this become the name your own price? It's been the game's price divided by 5 for ages. You can't just name whatever price you think is fair.

Keen On getting ACB, FIFA 12, Ratchet and Clank AF1, And any other full games...

If your selling slots or anything PM me!

[quote name='Tsel']Since when did this become the name your own price? It's been the game's price divided by 5 for ages. You can't just name whatever price you think is fair.[/QUOTE]

It's just gotten a bit weird since prices on the store have gone down; for example, if you bought mass effect at $12 when it came out, it would suck to have to sell for $4 or whatever the current 5 share price is, especially since you can't do 5 shares anymore.

Split second had a 9.99 sale the other week, does that mean that a share of that is now worth $2?

Stuff like that is for the market to decide; if you want to charge more than the current value divided by 5, thats on the seller, but know that, especially on this forum, people are always looking to save a buck and it probably won't sell.

[quote name='charles']It's just gotten a bit weird since prices on the store have gone down; for example, if you bought mass effect at $12 when it came out, it would suck to have to sell for $4 or whatever the current 5 share price is, especially since you can't do 5 shares anymore.

Split second had a 9.99 sale the other week, does that mean that a share of that is now worth $2?

Stuff like that is for the market to decide; if you want to charge more than the current value divided by 5, thats on the seller, but know that, especially on this forum, people are always looking to save a buck and it probably won't sell.[/QUOTE]

Sales are different from permanent price drops. If you paid $12 for a ME2 share and the price on the store permanently dropped to $30, you should be selling it for $6. Now if a game was on sale for $10 when the normal price is $30 and the sale is over with, no one's gonna expect you to sell it for the sale price, as the current share price would be $6, not $2. It would be expected to sell for whatever the CURRENT price is, not past or future prices.

Of course, people can do whatever they want.. but it's gonna take a lot more effort trying to sell something for more than it's worth, and they're going to look foolish in the process if they try that.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath releases as a PSN exclusive on 12/27 for $14.99

Breakdown 8th:
$1.88 for "phantom"
$5.62 for resellable

Breakdown 6th:
$2.50 for "phantom"
$5.00 for resellable

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Online Pass
3 slots available (555KB) - $1.12 each

Dante's Inferno Dark Forest Pack DLC*
3 slots available (307MB) - $1.00 each

Burn Zombie Burn: Diarrhea of the Dead Bundle + Tomb Raider Underworld*
1 slot available (185MB/6149MB) - $5.00

*Diarrhea of the Dead Bundle includes full game (164MB), In Space DLC (21MB) and PS3 theme (4589KB).
*Dark Forest pack includes the Disco Inferno costume, Stone of Wrath relic, and a prequel level featuring new enemies, puzzles, storyline, and 2 trophies!

Back to Karkand UK - £11.99

CAGs interested ;

1. ayevenom
2. gamerGirl34
3. FlameSrox
4. 4thHorseman
5. Tu13es
6. Foxx
7. cobolatrix
8. adamedoe
9. craig64

You can make groups of 2 or upwards to 4 people.

£25 UK Card

Card will cost $38.36. You can use the remaining balance (£13.01) on future DLC. The host can collect everyone's funds and pay with PayPal. They're always quick to send the codes and are the cheapest, most reliable. There's absolutely no excuse why any of you can't host if you collect the funds first.

Breakdown 8th:
$4.80 for "phantoms"
$14.38 for resellable

Breakdown 6th:
$6.40 for "phantoms"
$12.78 for resellable

Breakdown 50/50:
$19.18 for resellable

Remember, you should have enough for the next DLC installment, so don't let the initial price scare you too much. "Phantoms" can just hop back on 6 months later to get any additional DLC.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Dude what the hell?[/QUOTE]

Dude, what the hell is your problem? :roll:

[quote name='sunghost']Sales are different from permanent price drops. If you paid $12 for a ME2 share and the price on the store permanently dropped to $30, you should be selling it for $6. Now if a game was on sale for $10 when the normal price is $30 and the sale is over with, no one's gonna expect you to sell it for the sale price, as the current share price would be $6, not $2. It would be expected to sell for whatever the CURRENT price is, not past or future prices.
............[/QUOTE]

There lies the problem.
Thanks to Sony's new stupid policy, the current price is now divided by 2 and not 5.
Slots for groups that were formed in the past should indeed cost 20%.
But once you take into account price drops, it is a mess.
(Should the original buyer absorb 100% of the loss?)
Like I said before, there is not a correct way in pricing these shares.

[quote name='wbc1228']
There lies the problem.
Thanks to Sony's new stupid policy, the current price is now divided by 2 and not 5.
Like I said before, there is not a correct way in pricing these shares.[/QUOTE]

I think it'll only be an issue if people start forming groups for older games, or games that were available before November 18th, but I haven't really seen that happen yet. Most people that want such games are either willing to pay the new 50% price for them, or are willing to wait for someone to sell an old 20% share for them. Everyone else that bought shares before Nov 18th have been selling them for the 20% prices.

I honestly thought the 5 slot shares would go up if they didn't stay the same. Seems like people are cleaning out and doing the discounts again though. As for making a profit here, you rarely saw anyone selling Borderlands + DLC for $4 or the Assassin's Creed games for $2 after the sale. I also remember when Heavyd814life and Moxx were selling $50 PSN cards for 35-40 dollars. You didn't see the host adjust the share prices. Hell, I did it too it got so bad, haha. 6 months later and it was the complete opposite with the discount movement. Now, nobody is buying anything, LOL! The thread will probably be a ghost town this time next year.

Anybody have any gameshares going with family games like Family Feud and stuff like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jville808']Anybody have any gameshares going with family games like Family Feud and stuff like that?[/QUOTE]

I was just going to post that. I'm really interested in getting a group together for most of the family games available. Anyone interested? We could get a 4-person group together

Don't, the family games are terrible. Online is dead and the games take forever to finish. I've played through Press Your Luck, Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune, The Price is Right, and Jeopardy. None of them are really worth it. I had more fine watching it on tv.

Reviews for Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Hollywood Squares make it seem just as bad.

[quote name='wbc1228']Dude, what the hell is your problem? :roll:

There lies the problem.

Dude you still don't get it.

[quote name='jamehze']Don't, the family games are terrible. Online is dead and the games take forever to finish. I've played through Press Your Luck, Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune, The Price is Right, and Jeopardy. None of them are really worth it. I had more fine watching it on tv.

Reviews for Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Hollywood Squares make it seem just as bad.[/QUOTE]

I actually started up a share for Who Wants to be a Millionaire - My mother and siblings are really enjoying it so we'd like to give the others a try

[quote name='WV Matsui']Dude you still don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I get it. You're cheap:booty:
You want that Mass Effect 2 + DLC gameshare for $5.40, not a penny more.

Do you even understand the other perspective?
(why it doesn't have to be $5.40)
I'm guessing no.
Now stop taking to me in vague encrypted messages.
If you have something to say, say it.

[quote name='Brainberry']Nobody here is interested in a Dead Island Group?

Mind=Blown[/QUOTE]

iwarboy and dufftech were gonna be my phantoms brain

[quote name='chewy12']iwarboy and dufftech were gonna be my phantoms brain[/QUOTE]
if you need to sell your slot in the future let me know lol

[quote name='wbc1228']Dude, I get it. You're cheap:booty:

I'm guessing no.
If you have something to say, say it.[/QUOTE]

I will say it!

We have all lost money on fucking shares in here. It is a permanent price drop. All I did was ask him how much his fucking share was and you had roll in here and act like the GameShare police.

I am not buying it and I will wait for someone who did pay $5.40 to sell there slot. If Crash wants to sell his slot for $7 or $100 that's up to him. All I did is ask a question and you decided to mount your fucking high horse and roll in here like you know everything.

And in case you didn't notice the site is called cheap ass gamer and we are in a gamesharing forum so we are all cheap.

QFT and leave me alone.

I guess I will go to best buy and tell them that since the new MSRP on Duke Nukem is $9.99 that they should sell that shit for $59.99! Don't listen to the manufacturer, BB paid for that game they don't have to sell it for $9.99! And guess what, it will sit in the damn shelf just as long as some of these shares with permanent price drops will.

Ask someone with Infamous 2 who bought it for $12 and now can't sell it for $5!

[quote name='wbc1228']

There lies the problem.

Yes. The original buyer bought the share and had time to play it. If there were price drops, it is the seller's (the original buyer) responsibility. He or she had taken his or her time with the game and had not sold it immediately. Moreover, they played the game much earlier than his potential buyer. That should incur a premium of some sort. That premium is the absorption of the loss if there were to be a price drop.

I'll throw you your own question, why would others need to absorb the loss?

[quote name='wbc1228']Dude, I get it. You're cheap:booty:

I'm guessing no.
If you have something to say, say it.[/QUOTE]

There really is no need to take that tone - it's really not that big a deal.

If you bought a used copy of Skyrim from the CAG marketplace today and finished it up in a fortnight, chances are you'll break even or incur a very small loss were you to sell it immediately. If you hold on to it for months, you'll sell it for significantly less because the MSRP won't hold at $60 forever. Gameshares are no different. Mass Effect 2 is now a $20 game and a share bought under the 1/5 system should cost no more than $4. If i'm in the market for a game like Skyrim in a few months, i'll pay the market value - the price the seller bought it for is of absolutely no consequence.

[quote name='WV Matsui']I will say it!

We have all lost money on fucking shares in here. It is a permanent price drop. All I did was ask him how much his fucking share was and you had roll in here and act like the GameShare police.

I am not buying it and I will wait for someone who did pay $5.40 to sell there slot. If Crash wants to sell his slot for $7 or $100 that's up to him. All I did is ask a question and you decided to mount your fucking high horse and roll in here like you know everything.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm the bully here? :roll:
You need to calm down.

[quote name='WV Matsui']
And in case you didn't notice the site is called cheap ass gamer and we are in a gamesharing forum so we are all cheap.

QFT and leave me alone.

[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with being cheap.
Don't forget, you're the one that posted vague comments asking me "Dude what the hell? " followed by "Dude you still don't get it."
And no, I'm not psychic.

[quote name='WV Matsui']
I guess I will go to best buy and tell them that since the new MSRP on Duke Nukem is $9.99 that they should sell that shit for $59.99! Don't listen to the manufacturer, BB paid for that game they don't have to sell it for $9.99! And guess what, it will sit in the damn shelf just as long as some of these shares with permanent price drops will. ![/QUOTE]

That is a horrible flawed example.
You're talking about a game that no one want (at any price...even free lol)
Lets pretend Duke Nukem is an awesome game and that $9.99 is a good clearance price. If the game is sold out at the clearance price, am I obligated to sell it to you at exactly $9.99? No, I'm not.
Likewise, the 5-slots psn activations are a thing of the past.
Right now, if you set up a new gameshare of ME2+DLC, it is going to cost you $13.50. While the lowest possible price is indeed $5.40, $7 is not a crazy inflated price (I think his cost was $10)

[quote name='WV Matsui']
Ask someone with Infamous 2 who bought it for $12 and now can't sell it for $5![/QUOTE]

Yes, I find that disturbing.
This thread is a ghost town. There is barely any activity here.
But remember, you're the one fixated on the share being current market price divided by five.
I simply stated that the seller should determine a fair price on his own and that $7 is not a bad price.

[quote name='bastiartadi']Yes. The original buyer bought the share and had time to play it. If there were price drops, it is the seller's (the original buyer) responsibility. He or she had taken his or her time with the game and had not sold it immediately. Moreover, they played the game much earlier than his potential buyer. That should incur a premium of some sort. That premium is the absorption of the loss if there were to be a price drop.

I'll throw you your own question, why would others need to absorb the loss?[/QUOTE]

Luckily, most of these PSN prices are stable.
But when there is a price drop in value, the distribution of the loss should be dependent on the market (supply vs demand).
I don't think sellers should incur 100% of the loss by default.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']There really is no need to take that tone - it's really not that big a deal. [/QUOTE]

I don't think I was mean.
I just don't like seeing vague messages like "Dude, what the hell?".
If something needs to be stated, then be direct about it.
I Agree, This is not a big deal.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']
If you bought a used copy of Skyrim from the CAG marketplace today and finished it up in a fortnight, chances are you'll break even or incur a very small loss were you to sell it immediately. If you hold on to it for months, you'll sell it for significantly less because the MSRP won't hold at $60 forever. Gameshares are no different. Mass Effect 2 is now a $20 game and a share bought under the 1/5 system should cost no more than $4. If i'm in the market for a game like Skyrim in a few months, i'll pay the market value - the price the seller bought it for is of absolutely no consequence.[/QUOTE]

I give up.:booty:

Been out of the gamesharing biz for awhile and I'm looking to buy some move compatible games. Echochrome II would be amazing, Tumble is good, but I'm open to anything, PM me with price and I'll consider whatever.

Medal of Honor: Frontline
VAX0f.png
(4.3GB) + The Baconing (994MB) - $5

Red Faction: Guerrilla
VAX0f.png
(5.8GB) - $4

Sly 2: Band of Thieves
VAX0f.png
(6.3GB) - $4

Wanted Corp. (PS Move compatible, 2GB) - $4

Selling:
Echochrome 2 $3
Tumble $2
Sidescroller $2
Swarm $2
Crash Commando, Rocket Knight, Zombie Apocalypse, Beat Hazard Ultra, Voodoo Dice, Pacman, Dead Nation, Infamous $? offer
BF1943 $2
BFBC2 Vietnam $3
Red Faction Geurrilla $4
EU Hot Pursuit DLC

Looking for:
NBA Jam, High Velocity Bowling, Dungeon Defenders, Hamilton's Great Adventure , Megaman 10, Renegade Ops, Savage Moon + DLC,

Low Wants (Mainly for 100%):
Flow, Rag Doll Kung Fu, Tetris, Uno

Anyone know anything good for 3.51 pounds on the EU store? Looking to get rid of some money.

[quote name='wbc1228']

But when there is a price drop in value, the distribution of the loss should be dependent on the market (supply vs demand).
I don't think sellers should incur 100% of the loss by default.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. However, with price drops, the price equilibrium immediately drops to 1/5th of the current selling price of the game. The mini economy we have in here in the thread automatically adjust the equilibrium price when a price drop ensues.

How do I know this? Simple. Crashmasteromega has been selling that slot for a week now and he still got no buyers at anything above $5.40.

At $5.40 however, we immediately have a buyer in Matsui.

I like how many economists we have in this thread. Who knew?

By the way I finally turned off avatars and signatures and everything is so much cleaner. Now I just need to figure out how to turn off all html.

[quote name='wbc1228']
That is a horrible flawed example.
You're talking about a game that no one want (at any price...even free lol)
Lets pretend Duke Nukem is an awesome game and that $9.99 is a good clearance price. If the game is sold out at the clearance price, am I obligated to sell it to you at exactly $9.99? No, I'm not.
Likewise, the 5-slots psn activations are a thing of the past.
Right now, if you set up a new gameshare of ME2+DLC, it is going to cost you $13.50. While the lowest possible price is indeed $5.40, $7 is not a crazy inflated price (I think his cost was $10)

Yes, I find that disturbing.
This thread is a ghost town. There is barely any activity here.
But remember, you're the one fixated on the share being current market price divided by five.
I simply stated that the seller should determine a fair price on his own and that $7 is not a bad price.

I don't think sellers should incur 100% of the loss by default. [/QUOTE]

I agree. $7 is not a horrible price, but the fact of the matter is that multiple groups were formed after the permanent price drop - like it or not, shares sold after the drop likely won't sell for more than the new share price unless the buyer is desperate to get his or her hands on the game. Setting up a 4-man group today won't cost any one person more than about $7. If you'd end up paying $7 if you set up a new group, why not just pay the $7 the other user had it advertised for? Well, i don't know if i speak for everyone but the last thing i want to see people doing is setting prices they deem "fair". I for one do not want someone who paid $7 for a share of RDR when it hit the store selling it for $12 because it is a "fair" price. The second people start using the current gamesharing climate as an excuse to hike up prices this turns from a gamesharing community to a gamesharing marketplace. Gamesharing is a luxury, not a way to turn a profit - i'm sure Crashmasteromega has been trying to sell that share for a while and if the only way to sell that share is by incurring a $5 loss on one of the best games this gen, one he has had in your possession for months, then so be it.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

OH MY... i remember this game and wowie wow wow! this game is incredible and hilareous! and very pretty..

i'll take a phantom whenever available!

[quote name='jamehze']I like how many economists we have in this thread. Who knew?

By the way I finally turned off avatars and signatures and everything is so much cleaner. Now I just need to figure out how to turn off all html.[/QUOTE]

Hilariously enough, I'm an actual Economist and I was just about done writing my opinions on this matter but decided to delete it and go play either Enslaved, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, or Mass Effect 2 instead. :D Any suggestions?

PS. I have Rag Doll Kung Fu on a spare account I don't mind lending you. Got it a loooong time ago during a Sprint promo.

Also still selling Jurassic Park + Sam & Max: MAX Pack for $12 OBO.

I'm wanting to buy or trade for any available shares of Super Street Fighter II HD Remix or MvC3 DLC characters for US region if possible.

[quote name='WV Matsui']and you had roll in here and act like the GameShare police.[/QUOTE]

Is it weird that I immediately thought of meeek when reading this?

Screw you! :p
I sheet on the popolice (not :p)

I hate scammers, I don't see what that has to do with being the "gameshare police"... call me Magnum lol

Uh-oh, meeek's posting names on the internet again after he flips out on other people for doing the same. Isn't that against the TOS?

[quote name='NSYNC']Is it weird that I immediately thought of meeek when reading this?[/QUOTE]

I like to think of meeek as gamesharing's colonologist. He digs deep, cleans out the filth. Good man.

[quote name='Usuyami']Hilariously enough, I'm an actual Economist and I was just about done writing my opinions on this matter but decided to delete it and go play either Enslaved, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, or Mass Effect 2 instead. :D Any suggestions?

PS. I have Rag Doll Kung Fu on a spare account I don't mind lending you. Got it a loooong time ago during a Sprint promo.
[/QUOTE]

Do Enslaved first since it's the shortest. I enjoyed it a lot, but would never replay it again. DLC is a lot of fun as well.

I'd rather just keep rather than go through a rental since Rag Doll is such a terrible game. I just want it in the off chance I don't have any games so I can get 100%. I'm really in no rush to get it at all. Thanks for the offer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back