CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shhximxhiding']While I have not heard of this before my guess is the mains activate and start the DL and then unactivate and let the phantoms get the game, that way the game can already be downloaded for the mains and they only have to wait for the phantoms to finish to activate. If this is correct on a larger game this could get the main share holders playing many hours sooner (depending on size of game and speed of internet connection).[/QUOTE]

i really think this is a very bad idea. the reason? because the phantomshareholders will now have to be tracked down for them to download and activate their shares AAAAAnd then contact the host to give the ok. phantoms will be scattered not knowing when resellables are done. resellables will be waiting twice(2X) the amount to play their shares. This is exactly a ' boy lost in the woods ' scenario.

[quote name='iwarboY']i really think this is a very bad idea. the reason? because the phantomshareholders will now have to be tracked down for them to download and activate their shares AAAAAnd then contact the host to give the ok. phantoms will be scattered not knowing when resellables are done. resellables will be waiting twice(2X) the amount to play their shares. This is exactly a ' boy lost in the woods ' scenario.[/QUOTE]

Didnt say it was a good idea, just explaining what I thought the "NSYNC" method was. This is definitely not how the group I am hosting will work, but my group has 2 very reputable members as the phantoms so I do not have any concern on DL times for them.

[quote name='notalunchbox']empty your private messages, your inbox is full.[/QUOTE]
I still see people dealing with this loonie (blablah don, not notalunchbox), so for those who missed it:

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Hey I'm calling out someone on here for shady deal making behind my back and someone else's. Blabadon agreed a few weeks ago to purchase 2 shares from me during my public low ball auction. Well everyone paid within 24 hours except him. Well he wrote and said i will pay soon and I never heard from him again until a few days ago asking you didn't receive my PayPal payment yet? I said I have not heard from you since the auction. Well I just received an email from him stating that he paid, well it was for the wrong amount and I then received an email from another party stating where is his share he just paid. So apparently blabadon is making shady deals on here and either making a profit or buying up shares for noobs that no one else will deal with. So beware when dealing with blabadon.[/QUOTE]

also the guy who said:
[quote name='Blabadon']You know what? fuck game sharing, it obviously isn't going to work for me and I obviously arrived too late for this. I'm okay spending a little more on physical copies of games. Thanks anyways people.[/QUOTE]
what are you waiting for? we don't want you here!

On a side note, dang, those devs/whatever at sony are fecking stupid, that's gotta be the WORST timing possible for an update! do it a week night instead of the day everyone expects to play, morons!

[quote name='iwarboY']@shhximxhiding: glad im in your group! was getting a bit nervous there.. i miss my Tali'Zorah and i musn't delay![/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have no worries.

I don't have class or work on the 6th so you already know I'm gonna waiting for it to pop up on the store lol

[quote name='Taint']I'm selling my share that I already paid for.[/QUOTE]

sell it back to your host and have them sell it.

It would be much easier.

[quote name='meeek']I still see people dealing with this loonie (blablah don, not notalunchbox), so for those who missed it:

also the guy who said:

what are you waiting for? we don't want you here![/QUOTE]

he definitely didn't answer back for a couple days.. but I did receive payment from him when he told me that he would pay saturday.

im host too. so if anything i could always reset the account myself.. I made security questions and everything so I'm not worrying. But it seems fine so far, Ive got no problems.

I'm looking for a big Rock Band gameshare, so if anyone was in a long term Rock Band DLC share group and has decided to quit playing due to the decrease in slots for sharing, I'd be interested in buying their gameshare from them.

[quote name='Usuyami']So did anyone ever guess MightySlacker's last share?[/QUOTE]

I was curious myself about this. However, he did send me the info last night for the accounts I "won" so I thought maybe he gave the last one away.

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']I hope the store updates earlier on Tuesday than it has recently. Definitely gonna have to put on a pot of coffee while ME3 downloads.[/QUOTE]

use the search feature. sometimes you can dl demos/games before the store officially updates. i did this with the me3 demo hours before it was actually on the store front. I hope we get a midnight release.

ok guys who wants to do groups for Rayman 3hd($10) and Shoot Many Robots($15.. i think)

Rayman 3HD Group- $10- out on the 20th
Sales= $5
---
Phants= $2.50
2.snakemaster2389

Shoot Many Robots Group (might be $15 or 10)- out the 13th
sales=tbd
----
phants=tbd
2.snakemaster2389

and also who wants to do a Amalur dlc group?

The Legend Of Dead Kel dlc-$9.99- out on the 20th (could combine this group with Rayman 3 HD if u want)
sales=$5
----
phants=$2.50
2.snakemaster2389

Hey, I bought jlazenby1's account almost 3 months ago and haven't touched a single dlc or game in over 2 months. I'm offering the account ownership to someone if the price is right. There's alot of dlc and games on it.
Oh and I should add that everything here was bought before NOV 18th.
Here's the list:

Games
Fancy Pants Adventures ($10)
MoH Frontline ($10)
Breath Of Fire IV ($10)
Threads Of Fate ($6)
Legend Of Mana ($6)
Family Feud ($10)
Price Is Right ($10)
Press Your Luck ($10)
Burnout Paradise ($20)
Superstars V8 Racing ($10)
Modnation Racers PSP
LBP PSP
Super Stardust HD
LBP
Sonic Adventure ($10)
Plants VS Zombies ($10)
Final Fantasy 8 9 and Tactics ($30)

Minis
A Space Shooter For 2 Bucks
Widgets Odyssey 1&2
Young Thor
Zombie Tycoon

DLC
All Fallout New Vegas ($46)
All God Of War 3 and home tee shirts ($7)
All Godfather 2 ($10)
All but video packs for skate 2 and 3 ($54)
Fight Night Fight Now Mode ($5)
Way too much Rock Band and Rock Band 3 DLC to list, including the unlocks for 1&2Estimated around $200)
Dragon Age Origins Wardens Keep
All Red Dead DLC except multiplayer based
Battlefeild 2 Onslaught Mode, Assault Kit Upgrade, Vietnam, Recon Upgrade
GTA IV Ballad Of Gay Tony and Lost And The Damned ($30)
Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars, Time Savers and Boost Collection
GT5 Edge Camaro
CoD 4 Variety Map Pack
Infamous 2 Sniper Blast Power
Sims 3 Online Pass
Almost All Guitar Hero 3 DLC(Metallica album also, total about $125ish)
Pain DLC-Tati
Sonic Adventure DX Upgrade

I'll take offers by pm please. Don't want this account anymore and need some cash.

[quote name='Usuyami']What is the NSYNC method? *imagines dancing and seeing while waiting*[/QUOTE]

80029780 in the OP. Since you host alot, temp change the e-mail that you created BEFORE you start your download and before you notify the phantoms. Activate and start downloading Mass Effect 3. Restore original e-mail, deactivate and then notify phantoms the game is bought, here's your info, blah, blah, blah. 3/4 members are now downloading simultaneously. If you're lucky and the other resale is online, you could potentially have all 4 downloading at once. When both phantoms are done, well, you know the rest. Way less wait. No way "you're lost in the woods" and have to wait twice as long, haha. The time is cut considerably. You may want to pause your download at 99% incase you have to renew the license after the phantoms.
[quote name='TurkFebruary']Does anyone know when that "game of the year" voting ends on the store? Have a psn card I'll wait to use if it ends this week.[/QUOTE]
Tuesday.

[quote name='Usuyami']So did anyone ever guess MightySlacker's last share?[/QUOTE]

Nope, and I wasn't pushing the issue as i forgot the password, but the guy who sold it to me still had it, so I can give it away now.

The account is for Infamous 2, it's the hero voucher DLC and sniper blast skill. If you want it, send me a PM and include at least 2 gameshare groups you've been a part of as a reference. And pay it forward afterwards.

Dave

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Does anyone know when that "game of the year" voting ends on the store? Have a psn card I'll wait to use if it ends this week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah voting is supposed to end so they can put the winning games on sale this tuesday I thought. Would love to get a phantom of inFamous: Festival of Blood when it wins and price drops.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NSYNC']80029780 in the OP. Since you host alot, temp change the e-mail that you created BEFORE you start your download and before you notify the phantoms. Activate and start downloading Mass Effect 3. Restore original e-mail, deactivate and then notify phantoms the game is bought, here's your info, blah, blah, blah. 3/4 members are now downloading simultaneously. If you're lucky and the other resale is online, you could potentially have all 4 downloading at once. When both phantoms are done, well, you know the rest. Way less wait. No way "you're lost in the woods" and have to wait twice as long, haha. The time is cut considerably. You may want to pause your download at 99% incase you have to renew the license after deactivation.

Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

so temp change the email, get both resales to download, change it back to the original, and have phantoms do their thing. But do you change the email back to the temp or just have the resales log in with original email and then activate?

Sweet, thanks! I'm thinking either Brotherhood or the Sly Collection for 1/2 off. Assuming they win, of course. Oh yeah, also:

Selling:

Resident Evil 4/CVX $7 or best offer (interesting trade offers will be considered)

[quote name='notalunchbox']so temp change the email, get both resales to download, change it back to the original, and have phantoms do their thing. But do you change the email back to the temp or just have the resales log in with original email and then activate?[/QUOTE]

Just log-in with original, activate and then resume 99% download.

[quote name='NSYNC']Just log-in with original, activate and then resume 99% download.[/QUOTE]

this is hilareous. yeah, i see what you mean now. the phantoms wouldn't have a problem but the resellable shares may. would suck if you had to download twice. as a phantom im unaffected. no worries.

Oooooooooooooh, I hope they release Borderlands 2 on the store. Had a great time with my friend on split-screen the other day with the first. :D

Doesn't EA require an online multiplayer pass? How is gamesharing ME3 going to work? I was thinking of doing so with my friend until I remembered about the online pass.

online passes are included from what i understand. nobody had trouble gamesharing BF3 and that one required a pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, kinda figured a little after I posted! Thanks anyways! Also, I see these "groups" with more than 2 people for gamesharing. I thought the limit was 2 people now? How are you guys gamesharing with more?

[quote name='NSYNC']Just log-in with original, activate and then resume 99% download.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can finish downloading and even install it. I've been doing it for a while now with no problems. So after phantoms are done, I just need to deactivate them and I can start playing immediately. :)

[quote name='Usuyami']Actually, you can finish downloading and even install it. I've been doing it for a while now with no problems. So after phantoms are done, I just need to deactivate them and I can start playing immediately. :)[/QUOTE]

Cool. We only have to wait on the phantom's OK then. Wasn't sure if you'd have to renew the license, so I always left the download at 99%.

[quote name='Brainberry']do you think ME3 will be avail @ midnight?
Also, I need 1 more ME3 slot(phantom)[/QUOTE]Nope, no chance. It'll go up with the weekly update on Tuesday evening. Usually 8-10 PM Eastern.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Nope, no chance. It'll go up with the weekly update on Tuesday evening. Usually 8-10 PM Eastern.[/QUOTE]

Or 11:59 pm Tuesday haha

[quote name='notalunchbox']didnt the PSblog mention that ME3 would be released at midnight on PSN?

edit: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/26/playstation-around-the-web-what-we-read-172/#comment-693308 scroll down the comments a little bit till you read "thats my understanding, yes"[/QUOTE]

+ Kane22_ on February 26th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:
Please tell me Jeff that Mass Effect 3 on the PlayStation store releases at midnight on march 6th and not when the store updates cause that”ll be stupid to preorder it and then have to wait until god knows when the store updates on that day?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:
that’s my understanding, yes.

Even though it isn't an official yes, it gives me hope. It should be released at midnight.

It's 2 discs on 360 so figure in how many GB's are on a single-sided dual layer DVD (8.5). I'd say no less than 15 GB total. It won't be L.A. Noire size (3 discs).

If the PlayStation Network gets a midnight release i'll feel pretty stupid for picking up a physical copy of the game. Which reminds me... would anyone be interested in getting a separate share together for the "From Ashes" DLC? Just add yourself to the list if you would.

Mass Effect 3 "From Ashes" DLC

Sellable Shares ($3.33)
1. Heavyd814life

Non-sellable shares ($1.67)

[quote name='Heavyd814life']If the PlayStation Network gets a midnight release i'll feel pretty stupid for picking up a physical copy of the game. Which reminds me... would anyone be interested in getting a separate share together for the "From Ashes" DLC? Just add yourself to the list if you would.

Mass Effect 3 "From Ashes" DLC

Sellable Shares ($3.33)
1. Heavyd814life

Non-sellable shares ($1.67)
2.[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, if you go to midnight release you'd probably be able to play it before us anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back