CAG PSN Gamesharing #6 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is truly sad. I was very excited to get my hands on Tomb Raider. well if Someone rents it out a few days Im willing to pay for that. Just to finish the story.

[quote name='boosted02gt']That that just fucked me over completely. I already spent the $120 for the groups. What the hell should be done now?[/QUOTE]

The honorable thing is for the 4 people in the group to take the losss. Not fair for just you since you hosting it.

[quote name='boosted02gt']That that just fucked me over completely. I already spent the $120 for the groups. What the hell should be done now?[/QUOTE]

Did you just fund the accounts or did you go as far as purchasing the games?

[quote name='Cromzz']Why not $5? That's their equal share of the credit[/QUOTE]
Actually it should be like $3.50 because they originally put up 1/6 of the price. But it seems the group isn't possible now anyways.

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']Did you just fund the accounts or did you go as far as purchasing the games?[/QUOTE]

he purchased the game on one account, not sure about the other, but probably did

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']...

How's Atelier coming phantoms how are we going on that? :cry:[/QUOTE]

I should be done soon

The games are both paid for and both accounts are made. The best idea that I have is to give one account to Apollyon and ShockandAwe. It would be great if they are understanding enough to pay the extra to get to $30 each and then share the account between them. I would hold on to the second account by myself then.

I don't know what else to do. Snakemaster asked for a refund immediately so he has been paid back.

What Steamboat asked:
[quote name='SteamboatOperator']Did you just fund the accounts or did you go as far as purchasing the games?[/QUOTE]

I also funded my account, but didn't buy it thankfully. Everyone in my group is getting the money back, and I will use the funded account to buy something else.

EDIT: damnit, sucks you bought it already. :(

[quote name='boosted02gt']The games are both paid for and both accounts are made. The best idea that I have is to give one account to Apollyon and ShockandAwe. It would be great if they are understanding enough to pay the extra to get to $30 each and then share the account between them. I would hold on to the second account by myself then.

I don't know what else to do. Snakemaster asked for a refund immediately so he has been paid back.[/QUOTE]

Im willing to rent it out, should be done with it in 3 days max.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']way too soon bro -_-[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know a little early but I was just wondering if anyone knew of it already.

Because if it is, I'm in for a phantom! lol

Kero's March Madness Group
Atelier Ayeasha, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, Bioshock: Infinite

Resell
1. WhiskeyCrazy
2. kerouac kid (host)
Phantom $36.66
1. jlazenby1

We need a phantom to complete our group. The phantom will have access to the game we purchase with the PSN credit promotion. Only $8.33 is required to begin. Payment will be due upon each game's release. Help us fill this group. 5 games on 1 slot is a great deal.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Tomb Raider might be released on uk psn tomorrow and that one might be shareable just like nba was.[/QUOTE]

Theres still hope!

[quote name='boosted02gt']The games are both paid for and both accounts are made. The best idea that I have is to give one account to Apollyon and ShockandAwe. It would be great if they are understanding enough to pay the extra to get to $30 each and then share the account between them. I would hold on to the second account by myself then.

I don't know what else to do. Snakemaster asked for a refund immediately so he has been paid back.[/QUOTE]

Not many options - it's all dependent on whether the group members want to play ball. Perhaps you can work out a system in which a schedule is set, and the game is rotated amongst the group (offering a fraction of the full refund price in the process).

I'll help ease the burden and pledge 10 bucks towards a timeshare of the game.

Renting out the game can be a way gain back some of your expenditure.

So.. debating

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch
Eternal Sonata
Valkyria Chronicles

Which would you pick out of those 3 to play as your first JRPG ever?
( I have a disc copy of White Knight Chronicles.. not sure if I should just pop that in but it seems it got generally bad reviews )

Damn dude, that really sucks - I can toss $5 your way to help relieve some of the burden if you do end up refunding someone else - Let me know via PM if you'd like it, I don't have a problem doing so

Edit: Just sent it, I know it's not much but I hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SteamboatOperator']Not many options - it's all dependent on whether the group members want to play ball. Perhaps you can work out a system in which a schedule is set, and the game is rotated amongst the group (offering a fraction of the full refund price in the process).

I'll help ease the burden and pledge 10 bucks towards a timeshare of the game.

Renting out the game can be a way gain back some of your expenditure.
[/QUOTE]

I'd also rent out the game for $10 at some point.

On the plus side MGR is on the store and seems shareable.

Also thanks for the quick refund Tiger.

I can give back the money you loaned me to help out.

What makes it worse IMO is that the shit is locked to an account, which makes it worthless for those of us who care about trophies. I'm sorry you bought the game on both accounts.

I refunded everyone in my group, and will post whatever I decided to buy with the account tomorrow most likely.

If it is sharable on EU, will start up a group after it is confirmed. Expecting to end up buying a disc thou...

So this is the best resolution that I can come up with for now.

I would rent the account for $7.50 per 2 weeks. I will be refunding the 2 phantoms and 1 resell their money back. This system of renting would go from Wednesday to Wednesday. The $7.50 would go to pay back the buyers. I will cover the $2.50 for the phantoms and the $5.00 for the resell. I will cover that portion because there will be a $10.00 credit on the account down the road.

Tomb Raider Rental Account #1
3/6/13 - 3/19/13 - cereal_killerxx
3/20/13 - 3/26/13
3/27/13 - 4/09/13
4/10/13 - 4/23/13

The only thing that I would ask for with this is that the renters pay when they sign up to help pay back the other purchasers. I really appreciate the help on this situation. I will keep people up to date about the other account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='newtype06']So... do you guys believe Bioshock Infinite will be sharable? First time I heard of this 'lock' thingy.[/QUOTE]
The don't say anything about it being locked, so it should be fine. This is both the $60 game and the $80 bundled with S.Pass

[quote name='Mageshadow']So.. debating

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch
Eternal Sonata
Valkyria Chronicles

Which would you pick out of those 3 to play as your first JRPG ever?
( I have a disc copy of White Knight Chronicles.. not sure if I should just pop that in but it seems it got generally bad reviews )
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, WKC is definitely not the way to go if it is your very first JRPG. Valkyria Chronicles is a tactical RPG so unless you want something that incorporates elements from strategy games, you may want to save that for later. That leaves Eternal Sonata and Ni No Kuni... and you really can't go wrong with either. Eternal Sonata is pretty linear compared to the more traditional Ni No Kuni which features a number of side quests and quite a bit of exploration. So you have to decide if you want a branching story or something a little more focused.

Hope that helps. Surprised you haven't played a JRPG before. Here i was thinking everyone had played at least one Final Fantasy

[quote name='jsdgame']Anybody have a little big planet psvita online pass?[/QUOTE]

check the code trade thread, i know i seen one there for sale

so before i empty my paypal into my psn wallet, does anyone have vita codes to sell?

[quote name='Raiborg']Even if Tomb Raider is not 'locked' on the UK psn it will likely be around $90 given the UK's pricing.[/QUOTE]
True that. I am just going to buy the disc and sell it next week when I'm done.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']check the code trade thread, i know i seen one there for sale

so before i empty my paypal into my psn wallet, does anyone have vita codes to sell?[/QUOTE]

Lol can you direct me to it link

[quote name='TigerLust']kerouac kid is selling TWD cheap, PM him.[/QUOTE]

its not a resell but I might do that, not really desperate right now though;)

[quote name='plvl']its not a resell but I might do that, not really desperate right now though;)[/QUOTE]
my bad, but $3 is still a great price

So any clue if this 24 hour lock thing is gonna be on Bioshock Infinite? Will it take affect on old phantoms/resells as well? Oh man. This could screw over the entire community.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']So any clue if this 24 hour lock thing is gonna be on Bioshock Infinite? Will it take affect on old phantoms/resells as well? Oh man. This could screw over the entire community.[/QUOTE]

No one is gonna know until the game is out on psn on 3/26 so just keep an eye out just like DoubleStop did

[quote name='boosted02gt']Bioshock is not listed with a 24 hour lock. Neither is Tiger Woods, Metal Gear Revenge, MLB The Show, and The Walking Dead[/QUOTE]
I hope not, because I would like to get at least one of the games I paid for.

[quote name='DoubleStop']Purchase or use of this item is subject to the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement and this item's use restrictions. This item has been sublicensed to you by Sony Computer Entertainment America. One-time license fee for downloads to up to 2 console systems that are associated with the purchasing account. No more than one activated PS3 system within a 24 hour period. Content may not be used by any other account. You must sign in to PSN each time you start the game[/QUOTE]
I always check for DRM or sh.t like that, MLB didnt have that.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Tomb Raider might be released on uk psn tomorrow and that one might be shareable just like nba was.[/QUOTE]
maybe, weren't 2k13 us and uk further apart though?

[quote name='boosted02gt']So this is the best resolution that I can come up with for now.

I would rent the account for $7.50 per 2 weeks. I will be refunding the 2 phantoms and 1 resell their money back. This system of renting would go from Wednesday to Wednesday. The $7.50 would go to pay back the buyers. I will cover the $2.50 for the phantoms and the $5.00 for the resell. I will cover that portion because there will be a $10.00 credit on the account down the road.

3/6/13 - 3/19/13
3/20/13 - 3/26/13
3/27/13 - 4/09/13
4/10/13 - 4/23/13

Tomb Raider Rental Account #2 (Purchase straight up $50.00, comes with $10 credit so basically you get it for $40.00)
3/6/13 - 3/19/13
3/20/13 - 3/26/13
3/27/13 - 4/09/13
4/10/13 - 4/23/13
Purchase at the end ($15.00) - 4/24/13

The only thing that I would ask for with this is that the renters pay when they sign up to help pay back the other purchasers. I really appreciate the help on this situation. I will keep people up to date about the other account.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a reasonable solution that does not leave you left hanging with the total cost. Are you losing out on your cash with it done this way?

You purchased the account in full faith that it was shareable, do not think you should be left hanging with the loss.

[quote name='ravenbear']Sounds like a reasonable solution that does not leave you left hanging with the total cost. Are you losing out on your cash with it done this way?

You purchased the account in full faith that it was shareable, do not think you should be left hanging with the loss.[/QUOTE]

I am losing but not nearly as much is all. Everyone still wants to play the game. We all know that. The only issue is that we cannot all keep it the way we wished that we could have.

[quote name='boosted02gt']So this is the best resolution that I can come up with for now.

3/6/13 - 3/19/13 - cereal_killerxx
3/20/13 - 3/26/13
3/27/13 - 4/09/13
4/10/13 - 4/23/13

Tomb Raider Rental Account #2 (Purchase straight up $50.00, comes with $10 credit so basically you get it for $40.00)
3/6/13 - 3/19/13
3/20/13 - 3/26/13
3/27/13 - 4/09/13
4/10/13 - 4/23/13
Purchase at the end ($15.00) - 4/24/13

The only thing that I would ask for with this is that the renters pay when they sign up to help pay back the other purchasers. I really appreciate the help on this situation. I will keep people up to date about the other account.[/QUOTE]

I'll take the first rental slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back