CAG PSN Gaming Group [ ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='foo33333']Warhawk tonight at 11pm?? Who will be hosting? do I need password to access into CAG warhawk room?[/QUOTE]I'm going to play Warhawk, but this thing is still not 100% official yet. I'm going to be around all weekend, making a good schedule that hopefully everyone agrees with.

First off, I 100% apologize for taking way too much time on this thing. Since I have the free time tonight, I'm in the process of making a new list (just using MS Word), where I have your names and time available. Then I'll take a look at the games available, and decide what day of the week would be the best to play each game.

I decided that I'm going to see about having games like Warhawk be played twice a week.

Overall, I think I want Friday and Saturday for:
Resistance/FPS night
Warhawk/Blazing Angels night

Does anyone have a particular preference over which they rather have on Saturday and the other on Friday night? I also want to make sure I do the timing right with the games which have a clan, so CAG members can have clan battles on those nights/days too.

EDIT: New schedule I came up with, but I need to decide the best times.

Sunday
Play whatever

Monday
PSN
Calling All Cars
Championship Sprint
Gauntlet II
Go! Puzzle
Joust
Mortal Kombat II
Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD
Rampage World Tour

Tuesday
Action/Fighter
Armored Core 4
Ghost Reacon: Advance Warfighter 2
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom

Wednesday
Sports
Fight Night Round 3
Madden 08
MLB 07: The Show
MLB 2k7
NBA 2k7
NBA Street Homecourt
NCAA Football 08

Thursday
Racing
Formula One: CE
Full Auto 2: battlelines
MotorStorm
Need for Speed Carbon
Ridge Racer 7

Friday
Flight Shooter
Blazing Angels
Warhawk

Saturday
First Person Shooter
Call of Duty 3
Rainbow Six Vegas
Resistance
The Darkness

[quote name='ighosty']i have 2k7 but i am getting Live. The dynasty mode in Live is a billion times better then 2ks, but over the past few years 2ks gameplay has been vastly superior. i think that will change this year, but then again I always wait for reviews, either way i'm gettin a NBA game this year. The season couldn't come any sooner.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the dynasty mode is a lot better than 2K's, but after playing the Live demo, the gameplay just doesn't feel as good as 2K7s. The online league is probably going to be what wins me over though.

Mana Knight - Appreciate what you're doing to organize all of this. I have yet to play any games with the group, but am looking forward to it, once times and stuff get set.

[quote name='aznfury684']
Mana Knight - Appreciate what you're doing to organize all of this. I have yet to play any games with the group, but am looking forward to it, once times and stuff get set.[/QUOTE]I tried to jump into your Warhawk game (since I want to play a game with you one day), but couldn't :(

Did you get an error saying that it was full? For some reason I get that error a lot for Warhawk even when it seems that there are 3-4 slots open. Maybe next time =/

I was looking at playing Calling All Cars tonight at 9pm, since I have it set on the schedule, but my internet connection is being a pain tonight, so I wouldn't be able to play or host. :(

here is my info

CAG Name: whitedeath
PSN Name: tat2dstarzz
Nickname: bri or tats
Headset: yes
Keyboard:no
USB Camera: no
Play Style: for fun but to get shit done , some trash talking to heat things up
Time Zone: est
Days, Time Available: hit me with a pm and we can game
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: i own nfs carbon but blockbuster in 5 mins away so i can get the flavor of the night
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: will play anything
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: will play anything
Favorite genres to play online: team based games marvel with 3 other people would rock

send me afriend request and we can game

I greatly apologize because this group hasn't gone the way I like, but I'm not giving up. Anyway, here's an announcement for everyone who plays Warhawk:

Attention Warhawk Players

CAG Clan Members in the East 1, East 2, CST/MST, and Pacific will face-off

Date = 10/5/07
Place = ManaKnight's Sever (password
cag
)
Time = TBA

Match 1 10 vs. 10
East 1 vs. East 2

Match 2 10 vs. 10
Pacific vs. MST/CST

Match 3 10 vs. 10
Match 1 winner vs. Match 2 winner

Match 4 10 vs. 10
Match 1 loser vs. Match 2 loser (for 3rd place)

The types of games we'll play are undecided for now, but I'll update everyone as time goes on.

I'm gonna try to hit that one up. Haven't gotten any chances to play much at all with so much work.

Anyways, after the demos anyone else decided on the next NBA game yet? I'm pretty sure I'm going with NBA 2k8, it doesn't seem like much has changed (jerseys are still glitchy) but it does feel like a more polished version of 2k7 which I enjoyed. Live still feels crappy and 08 just doesn't even compare.

2K8 league anyone?

I liked 2k8 a lot myself and even I'm considering getting it, since I really like basketball. The only problem is that none of the NBA games allow me to play the kind of basketball I want too easily (which is through the ball down court and fast paced basketball).

In all reality, Friday is a Warhawk night, and we did play Warhawk on Friday, so we semi-followed the schedule for once. Hopefully, we can get games going on some other days (although I don't expect to follow the schedule completely).

Saturday is usually Resistance night, but I'm not sure if we can get something to work out.

Anyway, I'll definitely be up for Calling All Cars on Monday and will even host the match. As long as I don't forget I'll do it.

CAG Name: Inf^Shini
PSN Name: Inf_Shini
Nickname: Shini, Shiny, infimshini, shimishimi cocoa puff, Infamuz, Dj^Shini
Headset: Jabra headset bundled with Warhawk
Keyboard: Bluetooth Keyboard
USB Camera: Got an Eyetoy
Play Style: I play to win, but if it ain't ranked, I'm all for messing around
Time Zone: Pacific Time (PST)
Days, Time Available: Weeknights other than Tuesday, Saturday after 12 PM, and Sunday after 5:30 PM.
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk, Resistance, Rock Band
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Rock Band
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Resistance 2
Favorite genres to play online: FPS, Fighters

Last edited by a moderator:
I got your information saved and listed now. :D

Anyway, I tried to do Calling All Cars Monday and it didn't work. I got a little too busy and forgot to try to ask if anyone wanted to play a racer last night. I can't play Wednesday or Thursday yet due to lacking games in those genres.

I am going to try really hard to push Warhawk on Friday continuously, Resistance on Saturday (hopefully we can get that going again), and maybe a PSN game on Monday (like Tekken or Calling All Cars).

CAG Name: StrandedBrit
PSN Name: StrandedBrit
Nickname: SB or Stranded or Brit
Headset: Yes
Keyboard: Sorta
USB Camera: Yes
Time Zone: EST
Days, Time Available: Most week nights 8:30pm - 11pm, Weekends anytime
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned:
UTIII
Warhawk
Burnout Paradise
Wipeout HD
Geon
Socom
Resistance 2
Buzz Quiz TV
Rock Band 2
Battlefield Bad Company

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']why still no Tekken?????????[/QUOTE]I've had pretty bad luck getting anything to work out.

Anyway, I'm going to try this again (giving this group another start). I plan to completely re-organize the game nights and so on, and hopefully make it work out this time:

The big game nights are:
-Warhawk
-CoD4
-Tekken 5: DR
-NBA 2k8
-Maybe a racing night

I'm not sure whether I'll include Resistance into the main mix. I decided to only go 4-5 nights a week.

Looks like I'm back. Do to unforeseen circumstances I'll be keeping PS3. I'm going to pick up Resistance, Uncharted, Ratchet, NBA Street Homecourt, Tekken 5 DR, and Motorstorm. I still have Warhawk downloaded.

CAG NAME: burr22
PSN NAME: burr22
NICKNAME: burr
Keyboard: no
USB CAMERA: no
PLAY STYLE: for lots of fun...i am a casual player but i love to get into games
TIME ZONE: EST
DAYS, TIME AVAILABLE: Everyday, after 3:30 only on weekdays....school
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk Resistance Cod4 GH3
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Cod4
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game NEXT Year: MGS4
Favorite genres to play online: Shooters

CAG Name: cheezhead430
PSN Name: this_is_chaby
Nickname: chabs or chaby
Keyboard: yes
USB Camera: no
Play Style: FUN, trash talk sounds fun TOO
Days, Time Available: sun-thurs. 3-9ish, fri-sat. 3-6ish, 11-1ish
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Resistance, Warhawk, FIFA 08, Calling All Cars
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: probs FIFA
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Unreal Tournament III
Favorite genres to play online: sports, shooters, whatevers fun

It'll be useless to post in here anymore since Mana Knight was banned.

We'll probably no longer have anyone to manage anything for the PS3 now since he was the only real organized guy here :/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']It'll be useless to post in here anymore since Mana Knight was banned.

We'll probably no longer have anyone to manage anything for the PS3 now since he was the only real organized guy here :/[/quote]

Yeah it looks like games will be managed individually now.

I know it has been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but I'll give everyone an update. I will look into fixing up the list of games people own. And due to Orange Box, UT3, etc. coming out, there are more games which can be inserted. I'll also add people who just recently posted to the master list.

I'm currently at home for several weeks, so I can now host games. I'm looking into having a CAG Calling All Cars, Tekken 5: DR online, and so on in the near future (maybe even some Ridge Racer 7).

I don't plan to make this an everyday thing, more so an every once in a while (although gaming on Friday and Saturday should be consistent). If anyone has suggestions, comments, or anything they would like to do, please let me know. :)

Welcome back Mana, I don't think I had ever posted here before so here you go.

CAG Name: buddah8640
PSN Name: buddah8640
Keyboard: No
USB Camera: No
Play Style: I like to have fun and blow shit up.
Days, Time Available: Any
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Warhawk, Calling all Cars, COD4
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: COD4
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: ??
Favorite genres to play online: Shooting and adventure

To let everyone know, I really want to play Calling All Cars, Tekken 5: DR Online, and Ridge Racer 7 online with CAG members. Since I'm on break, I'm going to try to arrange them for next week. I'm thinking of doing Calling All Cars for 30-60 minutes on Monday. If anyone is interested let me know. Those who own Tekken 5: DR and Ridge Racer 7, let me know what day you may be interested in playing.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']To let everyone know, I really want to play Calling All Cars, Tekken 5: DR Online, and Ridge Racer 7 online with CAG members. Since I'm on break, I'm going to try to arrange them for next week. I'm thinking of doing Calling All Cars for 30-60 minutes on Monday. If anyone is interested let me know. Those who own Tekken 5: DR and Ridge Racer 7, let me know what day you may be interested in playing.[/quote]

That would be cool. I don't have CAC but I'd be up for some Tekken or RR7. I might be away from the PS3 next weekend so I can only definitely make nights early next week.

Also, would anyone be up for just messing around in the Burnout Paradise demo? I haven't tried the online yet.

I'm willing to mess with it anytime, since I downloaded the demo. Not really sure what to do, but I am. We could also have some CAG PSN Gaming nights where we do it.

Well, Tekken 5: DR Online and RR7 doesn't have to happen this next week, but I'm definitely going to arrange it for the near future.

CAG Name: Lost.X87
PSN Name: RG-400
Nickname: RG-400
Keyboard: Yes
Play Style: I play for fun, whether I'm winning or losing. However, I'm still pretty competetive.
Time Zone: PST
Days, Time Available: Mon - Sun, 7PM - 10PM
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Motorstorm, Warhawk
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Warhawk
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Unreal Tournament III
Favorite genres to play online: First/Third Person Shooters

CAG Name: furashu
PSN Name: furashu
Nickname: none
Headset: No
Keyboard: Have but dont use
Play Style: For Fun as competetive as i can get..
Time Zone: PCT
Days, Time Available: Depends on School.. mostly 5-7pm
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: MGS4 Online, Madden NFL 09, Orange Box, MLB 08 The show , GTA4,
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Madden 09
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Call of Duty 5
Favorite genres to play online: First party titles, RPGs, Action Adventure Madden(lol), FPS

CAG Name: Jman619
PSN Name: jman4482
Nickname: Jman
Headset: No
Keyboard: Yes
Play Style: I play for fun, whether I'm winning or losing.
Days, Time Available: Mon - Sun, 8PM - 11PM
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Soul Calibur 4, Unreal III, GH3
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Unreal 3/GH3
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: Resistance 2
Favorite genres to play online: Doesn't matter I'll play anything I have.

[quote name='jman619']
On a side note. Is the online add-on for tekken 5 dr worth getting? I heard some negative things about it.[/QUOTE]I think it is, but a Type 2 NAT is mostly required for Tekken 5 DR (you can play on non NAT2, but you'll have less issues when NAT Type 2). There's very little lag IMO.

sunday is a bad day for me for Tekken, but at least it has a day now. Also, TMK, you may want to make an Unreal 3 day since I know alot of people here will be playing that (don't own it myself.)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sunday is a bad day for me for Tekken, but at least it has a day now. Also, TMK, you may want to make an Unreal 3 day since I know alot of people here will be playing that (don't own it myself.)[/QUOTE]The schedule on the first page is outdated. I will remove it. I'm going to redo everything. However, I really want to have some Tekken games coming, so I'm trying to figure out when would be the best time and day for everyone (or most people).

CAG Name:Paco
PSN Name: Senior_LULZ
Nickname: EL FISTO GRANDE
Headset: Yup
Keyboard: Nope. Yup.
USB Camera:
Play Style: fun, competitive
Time Zone: PST
Days, Time Available: for now, any day past 7pm. But on vacation it's almost all day.
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: Fight Night Round 3, The Orange Box, Unreal Tournament 3, Mortal Kombat 2, Wipeout HD, High Velocity Bowling
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: Unreal Tournament 3 when with a lot of people
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: FAT PRINCESS
Favorite genres to play online: Fighting

I'm up for some CAC during weekdays evening.

I agree, add Unreal. Make a space for Burnout Paradise too, I have a feeling there will be a few of us buying it.

The hard thing is I prefer to make FPS one night, and we have both CoD4 and UT3. I'm not sure if I should have them on separate nights, or just say play either one.

Schedule wise, off the top of my head, I'm looking to have gaming on Friday, Saturday, and two weekday nights (probably Monday and Thursday or something). For sure, I will make a weekday PSN night (where we play Calling All Cars, Tekken 5 DR, Toy Home, etc.). Friday and Saturday will be Warhawk and an FPS for sure.

Regardless, I will have Calling All Cars this Monday at 9pm EST. I will see about bumping the Calling All Cars thread or something to get everyones attention (or just update the title in this thread).

woo calling all cars
garrr can't make it tomorrow, gotst the soccer
but i'll be sure to hit it up next week or sometime soon

i would say make CoD and UT3 separate nights since they will probably be the 2 most popular games for the next couple of weeks at least

Oh yeah, to let everyone know, for Calling All Cars, I will make a game called "CAG", and the password will be cag.

If the game is full, someone is welcome to create another game and call it "CAG2", with the password "cag2". Just keep going up in numbers.

I may try sending PSN messages to get the word out.

The game will be at 9pm EST on 12/17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back