CAG September Pick Up Thread! Show off your Cheap Ass Buys!

[quote name='SL4IN']nice finds on the gamecube stuff.[/quote]

thanks. everything is in perfect condition except for the pure evil set which the box has some wear on it but for that price i didn't mind.

That would be a fun project if I had an abundance of money.. to complete the gamecube collection. I went on a PSOne binge a few summers back and ended up realizing I was spending way too much on too many crappy games. Ended up selling almost everything that was worth something except for the real gems. This was at the time when Gamestop/EB was clearing out their PSOne stock, right before that when stores were still quite loaded with the stuff at reasonable prices. The GameCrazy $5 classic plastic sales helped with that too.

[quote name='jer7583']That would be a fun project if I had an abundance of money.. to complete the gamecube collection. I went on a PSOne binge a few summers back and ended up realizing I was spending way too much on too many crappy games. Ended up selling almost everything that was worth something except for the real gems. This was at the time when Gamestop/EB was clearing out their PSOne stock, right before that when stores were still quite loaded with the stuff at reasonable prices. The GameCrazy $5 classic plastic sales helped with that too.[/quote]

i've just been getting the harder to find ones out of the way first but after that i don't plan on spending more than a few bucks each for the more common ones. i like to collect stuff so it will be a fun project to keep me occupied.

Hey Jer, you still gonna be sending those GBA boxes I wanted? Your PM box is full. No problem if you are not sending them, just let me know.

games002.jpg

my first craigslist purchase. all six guides in excellent condition for $45. the only one i'm keeping is the Tales of Symphonia guide.

I had a great haul today. :D This is one of those days where I wish I had a digital camera.

First, I went to a Goodwill and got these:

NES:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters (cart w/sleeve)
Dr. Mario (cart only)

Gamecube:
Star Wars Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II (complete)

Dreamcast:
First-party controller (loose, white)

With my birthday discount on my Club Goodwill card (my birthday is coming up on the 24th), everything came to $8.71 total. The NES games were originally $1.99 each, the Gamecube game was originally $4.99, and the DC controller was originally $2.99.

Tournament Fighters is officially my best Goodwill find ever. I now have all the NES TMNT games (coincidentally, this was the same Goodwill I bought TMNT III at a while back, which was marked at $1.99 as well). Jedi Knight II was a sweet find as well, especially considering how scarce/expensive it is. It looks brand new aside from the warping in the back of the case insert. I guess the game stayed in that crappy shrinkwrap too long.

After Goodwill, I went to GameStop and got a couple things:

Game Boy:
Pokemon Red (cart only) - $2.99

Gamecube:
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (complete, mint) - $4.99

Pokemon Red puts me at 40 original Game Boy games. :)

happened to score a mint complete copy of capcom vs snk 2 EO off of ebay for $15. I can't wait for this to get to my house.

[quote name='jer7583']10 points to the person who identifies the cameo item that appears in the 360 pic.

And damn DoA 4 is better than I remember. That game is just simple and addicting. Looks great too.[/QUOTE]
Is that the I Love Bees Halo DVD?

[quote name='tenzor']What is that pikachu DS box you got there?[/quote]

I'm guessing that's the special edition Pikachu DS lite

Nice pick up xcopy, is crisis core import friendly?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I'm guessing that's the special edition Pikachu DS lite

Nice pick up xcopy, is crisis core import friendly?[/quote]

Not really, you may want to wait for a US release.

Yes, that is a Pokemon Center Pikachu Yellow DS Lite. You can buy it still, but the prices are CRAZY! $350-$400+ @ ebay and other Import Shops.

I literally paid $150 for mines. :)

[quote name='xcopy']Not really, you may want to wait for a US release.

Yes, that is a Pokemon Center Pikachu Yellow DS Lite. You can buy it still, but the prices are CRAZY! $350-$400+ @ ebay and other Import Shops.

I literally paid $150 for mines. :)[/quote]

Where did you get the Pokemon Center Pikachu yellow DS Lite for $150?

[quote name='botticus']Technically P3 and Metroid were purchased in August, but Metroid arrived in my mailbox on 9/1, and my Family Video Persona order will likely arrive sometime in the month of September, so this is fairly accurate.

septemberzx0.jpg
[/quote]New additions:

september001zz1.jpg

Hopefully that will be it for the month, but the Soul Nomad guide at least (if not game as well) might sneak in against my better judgement.

[quote name='Derrick1979']^ that Persona 3 guide should fit in the box that came with the game if you purchased it new...[/quote]You mean in place of the game case itself? Yeah, I noticed it was pretty much exactly the same size.

[quote name='botticus']You mean in place of the game case itself? Yeah, I noticed it was pretty much exactly the same size.[/quote]

Yeah that is what I meant seeing me I keep the game and case on my rack then put away the outter box and artbook so they wont get damaged. A buddy of mine purchased the game and guide and left it sealed and just slipped it into the box along side the artbook and put it away...

[quote name='Derrick1979']Yeah that is what I meant seeing me I keep the game and case on my rack then put away the outter box and artbook so they wont get damaged. A buddy of mine purchased the game and guide and left it sealed and just slipped it into the box along side the artbook and put it away...[/quote]Yep, just did that myself after you mentioned it.

Here's some of my late August and September cheap ass purchases.

Picture156.jpg

Guitar Hero II: $18.88
La Pucelle Tactics: $9.88
Okami: $9.88
Valkyrie Profile 2: $9.88

These four were all bought from a local electronics retailer. They were clearancing out all of their last gen games (PS2, Xbox, Game Boy Advance). A good chunk of their games were cleared out, with me making out like a bandit.

Picture157.jpg

Crackdown: $17.99
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Collector's Edition): $28.88
Gears of War: $10

Crackdown and Gears were used. I bought Crackdown with a coupon GameStop had a while back where all used 360 games priced $24.99 and up had $10 taken off, and brought it down more with my Edge Card. Oblivion was also another game bought at the clearancing store. Gears of War was bought at a flea market. Like brand new. Second time I've left with a cheap 360 title from their (first being Call of Duty 2 for $5 months ago).

Picture158.jpg

The Godfather: Black Hand Edition: $12.88
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption: $33.92

Godfather was another clearanced title, as you can see from the tag. Metroid Prime was the the result of me taking advantage of GameStop's "Trade 2 Wii Games, Get 1 Free" offer wher I bought two clearanced Wii titles from Circuit City and traded the two in for my reservation of MP3.

Picture159.jpg

Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin: $12.88
Dragon Quest Heroes - Rocket Slime Adventure: $11.36
Scurge Hive: $6
Final Fantasy V Advance: $14.88
Final Fantasy VI Advance: $16.88

PoR was another store clearance. DQH and Scurge were oddballs. Circuit City had the buy one handheld, get another half off. Yet Scurge was listed as $12.96. Not to mention, neither one rang up for half off and were automatically coming up as I've listed. FF games were more store clearance. Glad they were, since I've been dying to get them way under $30. :D

Picture160.jpg

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts: $3
Super R-Type: $3

Spotted these two on a trip to Goodwill. Nabbed 'em when I saw 'em.

Picture161.jpg

Blaster Master: $3

Blaster fucking Master for $3 at the local flea market. Dude wanted $5 for it. I made it seem like I only had $3. He caved since it was going to be raining soon anyways.

Picture162.jpg

Game Gear: $10
Sonic the Hedgehog: $2
Sonic Chaos: Free

Bought the Game Gear at the same flea market as the one I got Blaster Master from. It came with Sonic Chaos inside. Got StH from the same guy for an extra $2.

games005.jpg

picked up:

Robotech: Battlecry (Collector's Edition/Gamecube)
R: Racing Evolution w/Pacman Vs (GC)
Timesplitters 2 (GC)

all from fellow CAG's.

got DDR: Mariomix with pad from gamecrazy for $35 and got the two Eternal Sonata faceplates from gamestop.

[quote name='darthbudge']How did you get two of them?[/quote]

went back in today to check when the game releases and the guy says they had extras so go ahead and take another.

NES:
Klax (cart only) - $1
Super Sprint (cart only) - $1
Xevious (cart only) - $1

Super NES:
Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run (cart only) - 50 cents
Space Football: One on One (cart only) - 50 cents

Game Boy:
Jeep Jamboree (cart only) - $1.99

Game Gear:
Desert Speedtrap starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote (cart only) - trade

I was out of town and stopped by a Gamecrazy and I Picked up the following:

SMT Nocturne Complete (ps2) ($15)
Karaoke Revolution Vol 1 Complete (ps2) ($10)
MGS 3 Subsistence L. E. Complete (ps2) (I almost fell over when I found this) ($35)
MGS2 Substance Complete ($10)
Phantasy Star online I and II (gamecube) ($8)
The Guy Game complete (ps2) ($8)

All for about $85 after MVP....Needless to say i walked out of there witha huge smile on my face.

I keep seeing everyone getting the subsistence for around $15-$35. It may be YMMV, but at my local bestbuy they have MGS subsistence for 9.99 as a front row game. anyway, my pickups where actually given to me today because a customer almost fainted when I told him I had never played either of these two games and insisted I take them.

Feel the magic XY/XX
Boktai the sun is in your hand

it was an ok day.

[quote name='SL4IN']I keep seeing everyone getting the subsistence for around $15-$35. It may be YMMV, but at my local bestbuy they have MGS subsistence for 9.99 as a front row game. [/quote]

r00kie got the LE subsistence, the one with the red box. im actually surprised thats a little more at GC. i was able to buy this at GS for $24.99 used.

Good cheapass stuff, guys.. I'm thinking about getting Eternal Sonata today but I really really shouldn't..

heres my haul so far:

IMGP6666.jpg

Tactics Ogre - from Goozex trade

CC deals:
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords - 1x Big Box | x1 PC $11.96 ea.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - $6
Disgea 2 - $11.96
Xenosaga III - $11.96
Valkyrie Profile 2 - $11.96
Grandia III - $11.96 (not pictured)
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales x1 $11.96 - x1 free (not pictured, x1 traded to GC for $14)
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - $5.98
Metal Gear Ac!d x2 - $8.96
Final Fantasy XI w/ 40gb Drive x4 - $11.36

Kmart haul:

Animal Crossing PC - $5
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - $5
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life - $5
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody - $5
Baten Kaitos Origins - x2 $5 ea (traded to GC for $14 :)
Odama - $5 (traded to GC for $9 :)
Rogue Galaxy - $14
Phantasy Star Universe - $14

Grimgrimoire - $39.99 (zOMG its full price!! - got $36 TIC from GC)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - $21.97 (Sears)
Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel - $10 (TRU)
SMT: Nocturne - $30
SMT: Devil Summoner - CAG TRADE

all factory sealed. except for Baldur's Gate: DA2 for Xbox, box only, free from GC.

theres probably more i just cant remember.

^^^

wow

--edit--
Was gonna wait to post my stuff after picking up Eternal Sonata and so here it is...

DSC04026.jpg

Picked these up at Sears:
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence - 0.99 cents
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - $11.99
PSP battery $7.97
Xbox live 1 month card $0.97 cents

DSC04028.jpg

Returned Condemned before the 33% started and bought it again since its cheaper now and picked ep Eternal Sonata a few minutes ago
Condemned - $11.36
Eternal Sonata - $59.99 - 10% coupon= $53.99

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04020.jpg

Got these on Saturday. Free faceplate with preorder of ES and the guy threw in a Transformers movie poster

^^^^

nice pick ups. How is Eternal Sonata? are you enjoying it? I was planning on picking it up, but decided to hold off because of Halo 3 and Orange Box coming out. Plus I still need to beat two other RPGs (Persona 3 and Oblivion), and get ready for the huge holiday lineup. Man I jsut need more time in a day. Its hard to play everything when you have to worry about school, life and work also.

Had a great haul yesterday:

NES:
1943 (cart only) - $1
Gyruss (cart only) - $1
Legendary Wings (cart only) - $1

Super NES:
Michael Andretti's Indy Car Challenge (complete) - $2.50
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (cart only) - $2.50
NBA Hang Time (cart only) - 50 cents

Genesis:
Phantasy Star III (cart only) - $2.50

Game Gear:
Surf Ninjas (cart only) - $1

PlayStation:
TNN Motorsports Hardcore TR (complete) - $2.50

N64:
F-Zero X (cart only) - $2.50

Dreamcast:
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 (complete) - $2.50

Oddly enough, Indy Car Challenge also had a Super Mario World manual in the box with everything else. I didn't have a manual for my copy of SMW, so that was cool.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']
Picked these up at Sears:
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence - 0.99 cents[/quote]

Damn that's awesome!

I need to hit up a Sears and look for that!

[quote name='Deefuzz']Damn that's awesome!

I need to hit up a Sears and look for that![/quote]

I should of mentioned this before. When I asked for a price check. The guy had a "wtf" look and said the game wasn't in their system. He flagged another associate and asked what he should charge and guy says 99 cents and thats how I got it for 99 cents.

Sorry if guys get shot down for the price

newgames-1.jpg

had a good haul at FYE today with their 50% off which was lucky because both stores said they were shipping everything out to other stores before open tomorrow.

FYE:
Mario Party 4 (GC) $25
Mario Party 6 (GC) $25
Mario Party 7 (GC) $25
Mario Superstar Baseball (GC) $14.99
King Kong (360) $9.99

Kmart:
Top Spin 2 (360) $10
Disgaea 2 (PS2) $12

Unbelievable haul. A two-day extravaganza at FYE. Everything was 50% off!!!

xbox360 HDDVD player (with 6 movies (five from mir))- $89.99
2 MS Play and Charge Kits- $9.99 each
Blitz: The League (360)- $9.99
Pirates Of The Carribean: At worlds end (360)- $20.99
360 Battery Charge Station- $14.99
XBL Vision Kit (Camera, 3 arcade games, 12 month live card)- $40.99
Guitar Hero II w/Guitar (360)- $44.99

this week so far:

IMGP6670.jpg

ogre battle 64 - cag trade
growlanser heritage war - $15 + ($25 GC credit) = $40
resident evil outbreak 1 - $14.99
castlevania double pack - $7 (not pictured)

Went to a Goodwill yesterday before work and got this:

NES:
Yoshi's Cookie (boxed) - $1.99

The box is a little beat up, but the cart is in excellent shape.

had a decent haul today,

recieved my copy of capcom vs snk 2 EO for the gamecube mint complete for $15
picked up monster hunter freedom for $25 from GS
picked up shin megami tensei devil summoner complete from GS for $25
picked up pikmin mint complete from work for $10

Got some more stuff...whoopie

DSC04032.jpg

Best Buy pennied guys....$0.04 total

DSC04033.jpg

Got these from trades on here

DSC04034.jpg

TRU's buy 1 get 1 50% off on accessories. $20+$10+tax= $33

DSC04035.jpg

Got these at Kmart
Disgaea 2 - $12
Tales of the Abyss - $22
Valkyrie Profile 2 - $22
Moto GP 06 - $7
Phantasy Star Universe - $7 x2
Total: $90 and change

DSC04044.jpg

Finally found this at another Kmart.
Rogue Galaxy - $10

DSC04036.jpg

CC's buy 1 get 1 50% off on handheld games glitch (bought another set of these, but returned those)
Jeanne D'Arc - $15
Final Fantasy IV - $4.34

[quote name='jer7583']
STP61032.jpg

It's not a game, but got a 6 week old Siberian Husky puppy this week. It's our second husky.[/quote]
Cute! I've been thinking of getting a husky, as they're my favorite breed of dog. Think you can tell me some places to find info on how to raise them, what they need, etc.? Thanks for any advice you can give.

--
Oh, and I jsut ordered a white Zune for $150. Can't wait to get it.

bread's done
Back