CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

Well, with Hot Gun gone (didn't really care for it, was hit and miss for me), I would expect better sound effects, especially the footsteps. The generic potato chip bag footsteps in confrontation were easily drowned out by every other sound.

It's also kinda silly for everyone to have some sort of "spider sense".

I haven't been on Socom for a while, I'll try to make it, but with other games to play and stuff going on...

[quote name='smiggity']I would bet more on Radar being in S4 than better sound effects. Confrontation did an amazing job with the sounds IMO[/QUOTE]

Are you thinking the radar could be something like...all the players on the other team light up red when you have three kills in a row;)

Radar is one of my most hated features of the current gen shooters, and I will be really upset if S4 has a radar any more detailed than Confrontations.

Anyways, Seth Luisi back on Zipline tonight. Im expecting to be thoroughly hoed out tonight. We will be getting some unwanted news I think

Dude WTF. No leaning in S4 without the gay ass cover system. Online is going to be a shit ton of people camping on little half walls and crap

They damn near confirmed health regen too by saying "Its complicated". That probably means Regen Health for unranked, and no regen for ranked games. At least, I hope

[quote name='AXV1']It got the YLOD, imma try to fix it myself, but that never ends well. It's not under warranty.[/QUOTE]

Bummer dude. Hope all goes well with the repairs

[quote name='metaly']I heard there's ammo regen and prestige mode.

Also Xbox is the new lead platform.[/QUOTE]

This may be the truth by the time the game actually comes out which stinks because I don't want an xbox.

AAA you should try and get one of those Playstation protection plans its 45 for 2 years with plus and then send yours in

My family is going fishing in Canada for the holiday weekend so I'm going to miss some Socom time. Hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend. Catch you all next week.

On the Zipper podcast last week they went over the control configuration for Socom 4 button by button. The bad news was that they have taken out the dedicated talk button. That means it is going to be the modern warfare mute on everyone in the room that is not in the clan to avoid all the idiots that yell, sing, etc. which is going to ruin the communication aspect of the game. In place of the talk button is a quick throw button for the grenade. Pretty sad

I love the confrontation voice proximity chat. Push to talk to needs to be in Socom. The more I see the Socom 4 videos the more it doesn't look like Socom.

Just heard the audio boo from CheapyD, and he talked very short about how Socom 4 didn't "feel" like a Socom game.

Gears of Socom, here we come.

We're still playing whenever you get your ps3 back. Had a round tonight in control where I had 19 points captured. I think that's my record for one game.

[quote name='AXV1']So...anyone still playing?

I just got a new PS3 and wanna know if I should buy the DLC.[/QUOTE]

I'll play. Everyone else from the CAG clan with the exception of md and THC have hung it up. Hopefully Socom4 will be worth the wait. You should be able to pull the DLC off your account without having to buy it again.

Wanted to pop in here and say Merry Christmas to the best CAG clan ever created. We had an awesome run in 2010 (and 2009) and it was a pleasure to get to know most of you guys personally. I miss staying up til like 4 in the AM with 6 killers on running quickmatches all night.

Socom 4 news is coming very very soon, hopefully it will be everything we are looking for in a Socom game. Merry Christmas alll and have a great New Year!

Dont forget to watch Detroit 187 on ABC!!!!

Just wanted to say Hello and Merry Christmas. It's been a while since I played with you guys or even been around this thread. Unfortunately I had traded in my copy of SOCOM a little while back since I got a bonus for the trade-in. I will definitely be there for SOCOM 4 though!

Do any of you guys play MAG? I just picked it up on sale recently.

[quote name='smiggity']Wanted to pop in here and say Merry Christmas to the best CAG clan ever created. We had an awesome run in 2010 (and 2009) and it was a pleasure to get to know most of you guys personally. I miss staying up til like 4 in the AM with 6 killers on running quickmatches all night.

Socom 4 news is coming very very soon, hopefully it will be everything we are looking for in a Socom game. Merry Christmas alll and have a great New Year!

Dont forget to watch Detroit 187 on ABC!!!![/QUOTE]

Same to you of course

Okay, its been long enough, we need to play again, anyone going to be around thursday night? Just that one match last week playing with gold and md was enough to light the fire again.

Good to see you're still alive Smog. I'm glad to hear all is well with you. I'm really hoping Socom4 will be the good time that Confrontation was. Any time you'd like to get a quick match in, let me know. I'm still getting slaughtered from time to time.

You guys see the good news????? SOCOM 4 confirmed for April. Plus they are bringing out some of the S4 forum members to play the game at Zipper's studio. We should get some real opinions on if this is still a Socom game after all the changes. I think we will be pleasantly surprised....

Will be interesting to see how the Move controls work out in the final build. I still think the controller will be the ideal control method but I wouldn't mind trying the Move.

[quote name='SynGamer']Will be interesting to see how the Move controls work out in the final build. I still think the controller will be the ideal control method but I wouldn't mind trying the Move.[/QUOTE]

I got the move, so I will most likely try it out.

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMFG Socom!

I recently got Black Ops for the PC and after playing it for a while I realized I actually prefer it on a console, with a controller. (Yeah, I know.) So following that trend, the Move controls should be mindblowing and ruin you for everything else.

Has there really not been any MP news? That's kind of worrying. MP is still the core game, right?

[quote name='metaly']I recently got Black Ops for the PC and after playing it for a while I realized I actually prefer it on a console, with a controller. (Yeah, I know.) So following that trend, the Move controls should be mindblowing and ruin you for everything else.

Has there really not been any MP news? That's kind of worrying. MP is still the core game, right?[/QUOTE]

Zipper Podcasts have been very quiet about Socom 4 MP, they have basically only confirmed that there is a MP lol. They said the plan was just to give all the details a month or so before the release. Just watch the socom.com forums are going to explode in the coming weeks.

[quote name='SynGamer']Will be interesting to see how the Move controls work out in the final build. I still think the controller will be the ideal control method but I wouldn't mind trying the Move.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully for this game the Move is a novelty and wears off quickly. Its not going to be fun looking for a room and having to sift through "Move Only" rooms.

[quote name='metaly']I recently got Black Ops for the PC and after playing it for a while I realized I actually prefer it on a console, with a controller. (Yeah, I know.) So following that trend, the Move controls should be mindblowing and ruin you for everything else.

Has there really not been any MP news? That's kind of worrying. MP is still the core game, right?[/QUOTE]

You know anything with Socom is top secret. The core of Socom has been torn apart but whats left will hopefully be reassembled by the people at Zipper. I do know they are putting more effort into SP than past games though. 5 player coop and cinematic garbage in, stealthy gameplay and voice commands out

[quote name='smiggity']Hopefully for this game the Move is a novelty and wears off quickly. Its not going to be fun looking for a room and having to sift through "Move Only" rooms.[/QUOTE]

If Move support turns out to be well implemented, I see no problem playing that alongside controller players.

[quote name='smiggity']You guys see the good news????? SOCOM 4 confirmed for April. Plus they are bringing out some of the S4 forum members to play the game at Zipper's studio. We should get some real opinions on if this is still a Socom game after all the changes. I think we will be pleasantly surprised....[/QUOTE]

http://twitter.com/MisterB_66/status/26015335291293696 (made before confirmed to be April) (No twitter comments smog ;))

April is perfect timing, I will just start to be bored with Killzone by April.

I went ahead and pre-ordered S4 since I had such a good time playing with you guys! I was only able to play once or twice (too much shit going on in my personal life) but you guys were the best group I have ever played with in any multiplayer game ever. Hopefully we can get it all back together once S4 drops.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i hate MP games that dont have betas. ive never played a SOCOM before, so i want to try the MP before committing to buy it.[/QUOTE]

If you have never played a Socom, (if the new one plays similar to past games) then you are going to be in a world of frustration. But if you play with an organized team, Socom becomes SoCrack.

Socom isn't your typical shooter, it takes patience and a ton of hours to figure out the map and gun recoils. Also game modes are all 1 life per round (ranked rooms), your life means something.

Would be lame to have "move only" servers. They want to play with the move, then play with everyone.

Well watching vids it looks like the move has a distinct advantage, since you can cover camp and move your crosshairs, something the Dualshock doesnt allow you to do. This is only for the single player videos released so far though. But since Socom has always been about a level playing field, i dont expect there to be many Move and DS rooms. If there are they will all be empty after the first month

Since I am on my phone I cannot post the link, but there will be a beta and you get access by buying specially marked copies of Killzone 3.

[quote name='j-cart']Socom isn't your typical shooter, it takes patience and a ton of hours to figure out the map and gun recoils. Also game modes are all 1 life per round (ranked rooms), your life means something[/QUOTE]

i read this as "prepared to camp or be killed by campers"

The difference with Socom is when you move with another player or two and communicate campers usually don't last too long and with one life it's not like they can continue to respawn with thier tatical insert perk.

When listening to Zipper's podcast, I'm amazed at their commitment to MAG. They continue to get input from the community through polls and player tests and then make changes that are positive for the game. This gives me real hope for Socom4, after it took /6 a full year to make any significant modifications to confrontation. if Zipper gives Socom the same level of care, things should be good.

I'm looking forward to getting back with the CAG clan in S4.

Put in my preorder at Best Buy for Killzone today. Now the countdown until release begins

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I might have to buy KZ3 even though I played very little of KZ2. Anybody play MAG? I bought it on sale a while back at GS but have only played once for a few hours since nobody on my friends list plays it anymore.

bread's done
Back