CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

Anyone want to gameshare that CO-OP pack coming out on the first? I believe its $8 and it contains 2 snipers, 6 skins, 1 new map, and 1 new co-op mode.

Meh, this game degenerated severely from what it was when it first launched, if that's even possible. WTF is wrong with Zipper? Holy crap.

[quote name='Mad39er']Meh, this game degenerated severely from what it was when it first launched, if that's even possible. WTF is wrong with Zipper? Holy crap.[/QUOTE]

Was it bad so far playin even with the demo mode? I'm STILL updating the game...it's been "installing" for 20 minutes...not worth it?

[quote name='nfs3freak']Was it bad so far playin even with the demo mode? I'm STILL updating the game...it's been "installing" for 20 minutes...not worth it?[/QUOTE]
I didn't buy the Demo mode. I tried Suppression just to get a feel for the controls all over again and they're clunky. The running speed got dropped a fair amount, instant death everywhere, tear gas used for spawn camping(interesting tactic) and all sorts of other nonsense. I was never a fan of how long it took to put the reticule over somebody, moreso now. I know some of it is just rust but the whole thing just operates very poorly compared to what it used to run. Multi now takes like 2 minutes to load just the menu.

It's just frustrating with little reward. I'll give it a few more shots but basically Demo is a purchase and not included apparently with Socom Pro which makes Socom Pro a bait and switch. I also froze when checking the Medals page on my multiplayer stats.

[quote name='Mad39er']I didn't buy the Demo mode. I tried Suppression just to get a feel for the controls all over again and they're clunky. The running speed got dropped a fair amount, instant death everywhere, tear gas used for spawn camping(interesting tactic) and all sorts of other nonsense. I was never a fan of how long it took to put the reticule over somebody, moreso now. I know some of it is just rust but the whole thing just operates very poorly compared to what it used to run. Multi now takes like 2 minutes to load just the menu.

It's just frustrating with little reward. I'll give it a few more shots but basically Demo is a purchase and not included apparently with Socom Pro which makes Socom Pro a bait and switch. I also froze when checking the Medals page on my multiplayer stats.[/QUOTE]

Try adjusting your aim settings, I played the SP again to get a feel of the controls before demo came out. Still, they aren't that great but I'm still enjoying the game now.

[quote name='Foxx']Try adjusting your aim settings, I played the SP again to get a feel of the controls before demo came out. Still, they aren't that great but I'm still enjoying the game now.[/QUOTE]

Mad's a veteran when it comes to our Socom action and when we played S4, the controls -then- were terrible, they are much worse now even after patching things up, that is a sure thing.

Don't purchase that Demo, I did only in case but it looks like with pretty much none of the old gang doing so and hoping for a new Socom to come around in the future, we'll just tear it up in BF3/MW3 or whatever game comes out. I plan on spending most of my time on PC with BF3, but I'll def hit up BF3 and MW3 on console to get some wins in on there.

[quote name='nfs3freak']Mad's a veteran when it comes to our Socom action and when we played S4, the controls -then- were terrible, they are much worse now even after patching things up, that is a sure thing.

Don't purchase that Demo, I did only in case but it looks like with pretty much none of the old gang doing so and hoping for a new Socom to come around in the future, we'll just tear it up in BF3/MW3 or whatever game comes out. I plan on spending most of my time on PC with BF3, but I'll def hit up BF3 and MW3 on console to get some wins in on there.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to end up trading in Socom 4, I toss my hat in. While I should have done it sooner, I wanted to give it some hope but BF3 and MW3 both look to be doing the Objective oriented gaming thing quite well.

[quote name='Mad39er']I'm going to end up trading in Socom 4, I toss my hat in. While I should have done it sooner, I wanted to give it some hope but BF3 and MW3 both look to be doing the Objective oriented gaming thing quite well.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Looks like I'll get rid of the game too. Nobody's really playin' it. With BF3 on PC & PS3, MW3, Uncharted 3, Batman, Skyrim...man, I think I have enough to do the next few months.

[quote name='nfs3freak']I agree. Looks like I'll get rid of the game too. Nobody's really playin' it. With BF3 on PC & PS3, MW3, Uncharted 3, Batman, Skyrim...man, I think I have enough to do the next few months.[/QUOTE]

finally use your ps3 besides life? and clan pixl or cag this round?

[quote name='enufs8d']finally use your ps3 besides life? and clan pixl or cag this round?[/QUOTE]

Either clan. I usually default to CAG, but i don't mind whatever clan tag. I just leave my ps3 on 24/7 runnin' life to help with folding@home. copy of bf3 comes in in the afternoon, played a few hours on pc tonight. It's gorgeous but sadly...the aesthetics hinders the gameplay (glare, lens flare, flashlights, the stupid chat box in the right part of the screen)

I really wish you guys had BF3 for PC...the console version just feels so inferior (and I'm not ripping on consoles). Framerate's are low, the movement is clunky, voice chat doesn't work right, the aim-assist is insane...

[quote name='nfs3freak']I really wish you guys had BF3 for PC...the console version just feels so inferior (and I'm not ripping on consoles). Framerate's are low, the movement is clunky, voice chat doesn't work right, the aim-assist is insane...[/QUOTE]
i knew this would be the case after i tried the beta, hence why i chose mw3 instead, seems to be the game/engine that works well in these aging consoles

[quote name='pLaYeRiTo']i knew this would be the case after i tried the beta, hence why i chose mw3 instead, seems to be the game/engine that works well in these aging consoles[/QUOTE]

It definitely is still working since it's practically the same game since Call of Duty 4(same engine for how many years now? When did Quake 3 Arena come out again?)
I don't regret at all my PC purchase. MW3, in all my criticism of it being nothing but a cash-grab, will at least change my game lineup with friends from Black Ops to MW3. That's about it though.

[quote name='nfs3freak']I really wish you guys had BF3 for PC...the console version just feels so inferior (and I'm not ripping on consoles). Framerate's are low, the movement is clunky, voice chat doesn't work right, the aim-assist is insane...[/QUOTE]

add me! I'm on Origin.

Origin id: theevilchinaman

Is that deal for buying SOCOM & getting the DLC still going on? I sent a tweet to them and no response yet. There's no expiration on the blog post and it's on sale for $20 next week @ BB.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is that deal for buying SOCOM & getting the DLC still going on? I sent a tweet to them and no response yet. There's no expiration on the blog post and it's on sale for $20 next week @ BB.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I nabbed a copy on Amazon today.

[quote name='Pck21']I'm wondering the same thing. I nabbed a copy on Amazon today.[/QUOTE]

LMK if you get it. If not, then I guess it's over. Did the Amazon page mention it?

[quote name='MSUHitman']LMK if you get it. If not, then I guess it's over. Did the Amazon page mention it?[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly...I got it from Amazon. They sent the code in an email. Not bad for $20! :)

Its still not worth it. Although none of us have played Demo, if its on S4 its still gonna be crap. Worst. Game. Ever.

I grabbed BF3 for thirty, if anyone wants to play hit me up. Its decent enough to kill some time. Ill be borrowing UC3 from a friend soon, when I do I would love to do some coop Mr B.

Also, did yoiu guys see what Zipper is doing now? That stupid Vita game with no MP only Coop. Called Unit 13, but was probably a Socom game before the failure of S4. At this point, they may need to make Socom HD if they dont want to get shut down by Sony. Supposedly they are doing a TPS (Unit 13) and an RPG (??)

bf3 is really fun. i havent been able to grasp the basic concepts of flying a heli or jet.

dtruk is some insane prestige level on the pc.

I wish I had a PC capable of playing with yall. Its lonely out here on the PS3 version. I played a couple rounds with mhedden the other day, but otherwise I'm rolling solo

You need to get on that PC BF3, smog. Sell some organs.

Does the CAG PS3 clan pretty much do Rush only? Conquest servers always seem pretty barren on console.

[quote name='smiggity']I wish I had a PC capable of playing with yall. Its lonely out here on the PS3 version. I played a couple rounds with mhedden the other day, but otherwise I'm rolling solo[/QUOTE]

I've still got my copy on the ps3 and would love to play with someone other than random people.

I need to find a $30 ish copy of U3. Then, I'd be down to spend time with you guys on that.

As for BF3. Yeah it's better on PC, but I'm on dat Steam joint and boycotting the game until EA submits to Valve. Which is when Hell will freeze over. So you're not alone.

But these days, I'm usually on Steam, rather than the PS3. You don't have to dl/buy games, but it's definitely the #1 PC gaming platform right now. Also, plenty of free stuff to make it worth the download. TF2, etc. Even if you don't have any games on there, it's just nice to socialize on there.

I snagged a $30 copy of uncharted 3 on bestbuy.com on the black Friday sale. It came today in the mail, so I'd be up for some games with any of the Socomers.

[quote name='metaly']You need to get on that PC BF3, smog. Sell some organs.

Does the CAG PS3 clan pretty much do Rush only? Conquest servers always seem pretty barren on console.[/QUOTE]
actually most of the regulars in the bf3 thread prefer conquest. I prefer rush.

[quote name='option.iv']Any of you guys still play U3? I just got it and am hankering to play some multiplayer/survival.[/QUOTE]

i got u3 from bf but havent opened it. ive been playing a lot of bf3 especially since they released the back to karkand dlc. been rolling with the socom crew recently with smog, gold and someone else. smog is a monster that racks up kills despite his limited access to guns. he should start doing the karkand assignments to bust out the famas. its probably the best gun that you get at low levels.

I'm in for some U3 with you Option.

Playing Battlefield with Smog and Wotcher has made me glad I didn't trade it in yet. When we have 4 people in a squad (and one is Smog) and everyone has a mic the game is way less frustrating than the random quick matches I had been playing. The game excels with team work.

That video is straight up awesome. Couple great lines in there. Thanks for posting it!!! I keep telling Goldbug that our redemption date is the 10yr anniversary of Socom this August. If we don't hear anything by then I don't expect another Socom title for at least 5 years, if its not dead forever.

Ive had a blast playing BF3 with you guys. To echo wotcher and Gold, its so much better playing in a squad with people you know. I think we should try some squad rush next time we all link up. Speaking of, the only guys I have played with are Gold, Metaly and Wotcher. Everyone else on MW3? I'm sure if B got it, its for the PC. Would love to reunite with everyone else. Ill get on my boy about letting me borrow UC3 so I can join you guys on that

[quote name='smiggity']That video is straight up awesome. Couple great lines in there. Thanks for posting it!!! I keep telling Goldbug that our redemption date is the 10yr anniversary of Socom this August. If we don't hear anything by then I don't expect another Socom title for at least 5 years, if its not dead forever.

Ive had a blast playing BF3 with you guys. To echo wotcher and Gold, its so much better playing in a squad with people you know. I think we should try some squad rush next time we all link up. Speaking of, the only guys I have played with are Gold, Metaly and Wotcher. Everyone else on MW3? I'm sure if B got it, its for the PC. Would love to reunite with everyone else. Ill get on my boy about letting me borrow UC3 so I can join you guys on that[/QUOTE]

I have Uncharted 3 so hit me up whenever to play coop. I have BF3 on PC of course (EDIT: and now on PS3 :) ). I do own MW3 but for 360 to play with real life friends
though 360 is mainly used for FIFA, Olmec FC takes on all comers!

I still want to jump into S:C just to see if anyone is still playing.

Finally, I need to bump the CS:GO thread I made, I have played some of the beta, looks gorgeous, DEagle for the fucking win

Last edited by a moderator:
People are still playing, last time I was on around 2 weeks ago there were 3 servers full, so almost 1k.

Im stoked for that CS as well, that will be what I finally get a decent gaming desktop for. So I can finally play with the cool kids on Steam :)

you guys are playing bf3? what platform? I might have to pick up a copy. was missing the fun socom days and thought id stop in and see what was going on.

[quote name='paz9x']you guys are playing bf3? what platform? I might have to pick up a copy. was missing the fun socom days and thought id stop in and see what was going on.[/QUOTE]

Smog, Metaly, Wotcher and I have it on the ps3. MrB has also picked it up on the ps3, but hasn't played with us yet.

I'm on BF3 now on PS3. It's good - just lacks the real team unity element like SOCOM always had. Mics suck - no one uses them but overall I'm digging it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a shooting range today and shot with a DE, M4, and a P90. The kick back on the DE is crazy! The M4 was good, but hard to control. I loved the P90 with the laser scope though and it is so light!
I figured you guys would get a kick out of that.

[quote name='smiggity']Wow. Thats awesome Condor! I need to look into that. Hows the little one??[/QUOTE]

He's doing well, thanks for asking. He just hit 6 months a couple of days ago and is growing so fast.

[quote name='encendido5']I went to a shooting range today and shot with a DE, M4, and a P90. The kick back on the DE is crazy! The M4 was good, but hard to control. I loved the P90 with the laser scope though and it is so light!
I figured you guys would get a kick out of that.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiXaT_1I-vw

I have yet to be a man like you condor. Also good to hear you're doing good this season.

Btw, anyone down for some Uncharted tonight or tomorrow?

Aw man. I feel crazy left out. I upgraded my rig with another GTX 570 and so I haven't had any reason to play my bf3 copy on ps3. I've stuck to my PC copy. If I hadn't gotten so far on my PC version, I'd defintely put my ps3 version in...there's really no going back to a ps3 version when I can play it at 100 fps with ultra...
Maybe I'll pop it in just to see how it is to play on console again...

just to get a taste of my patheticness for the pc version of bf3: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/d367ruc70/stats/233235556/

bread's done
Back