CAG Tekken Night [Saturday 7/19 9 p.m. PST/midnight EST]

notorious_pip

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
This thread is for Tekken night and setting up CAG matches for Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, GGPO, and other fighting games, NOT for people to spam the thread members with requests for Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection or any other PSN games. Please refrain from harassing the CAGs in this thread with those requests. If you want Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, get a job or go to the game trading thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174965

The next Tekken night is going to be on Saturday 7/19 at around 9 p.m. PST. We sometimes get started as early as 8 p.m. PST, but the room should definitely be up and running by the time 9 rolls around. I've changed the night to Saturday at the request of CAGs. This should make for more consistent showings from other CAGs. I may not always be available on Saturday evenings, but I will post in this thread usually the day before to let everybody know if I can't make it. In the event that I'm not available, any of the regulars feel free to start the room and send out invites.

The room settings are standard with first to 3 rounds to win (best of five), 60 second rounds, the room will be named "CAG" so non-regulars can find the room, and mics off to help with lag. The room alternates from ranked to unranked week to week. I don't prefer one to the other, so we can go always ranked or always unranked depending on what you guys like.

To make sure the lag is kept to a minimum obviously don't be downloading or uploading anything, please turn off the media server connection on your PS3 while playing, a wired connection is preferred to a wireless connection but not necessary, and most importantly make sure your PS3's NAT type is 1 or 2. To do this follow the instructions from Markman's webpage http://sdtekken.com/t5dr/online/setup-guide/ or use the step-by-step tutorial with pictures I made below:

Setting your PS3 to a static IP
1. On your PC click Start>Run
NAT2_01.jpg

2. Type in "cmd" and click "OK"
NAT2_02.jpg

3. At the prompt type in "ipconfig /all" (Note the space between "ipconfig" and "/all")
NAT2_03.jpg

4. Write down the
-"IP Address"
-"Subnet Mask"
-"Default Gateway"
-"DNS Servers" (there should be three sets of numbers, but you only need to know two).
NAT2_04.jpg

Once you have it done, you can close the command prompt.
5. On your PS3 go to Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection Settings and click on "Yes" at the prompt.
NAT2_08.jpg

NAT2_09.jpg

6. Select "Custom" and choose whether you're on a wired or wireless connection.
NAT2_10.jpg

NAT2_11.jpg

7. Select "Manual Settings" and choose "Auto-Detect" at the Speed and Duplex menu.
NAT2_12.jpg

NAT2_13.jpg

8. Choose "Manual" at the IP Address Setting screen.
NAT2_14.jpg

9. For "IP" Address" input the first three numbers listed in the "IP Address" you wrote down from the command prompt, and fill in the last number with whatever 100 or larger number you want your PS3's static IP to be. Just be sure that the number isn't the IP address of anything else on your network (i.e. PCs). For example, mine is 192.168.1.104 It should be noted that the third number varies from router to router so it could be something like 192.168.0.104. Whatever you set it as, this will be your PS3's new static IP Address. Fill in the "Subnet Mask" with the "Subnet Mask" you wrote down from the command prompt. Fill in "Default Router" with the "Default Gateway" you wrote down. Fill in "Primary DNS" and "Secondary DNS" each with a different set of numbers you wrote down from "DNS Servers" and click right
NAT2_15.jpg

10. Set the MTU to "Automatic.
NAT2_16.jpg

11. Select "Do Not Use" for the Proxy Server menu.
NAT2_17.jpg

12. Select whichever you want for the UnPnP menu.
NAT2_18.jpg

13. At the next screen with all of your new settings, press "X" to save your settings and then test your new connection. It shouldn't be NAT Type 2 yet at this point because you haven't port forwarded your PS3 or set it as the DMZ on your network.

NAT2_19.jpg

NAT2_20.jpg

Port Forwarding Your PS3
1. Access your router by opening a web browser and typing the "Default Gateway" from before into your address bar.
(The next steps will vary from router to router. I suggest going to http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm or your router's user manual to see how you do it for your particular router)
NAT2_05.jpg

2. Go into the Port Forward menu and forward the following ports
-80 (TCP)
-10070-10080 (TCP & UDP)
-6000-7000 (UDP)
-3658 (UDP)
For each of these forwarded port ranges, set the IP address for each one to your PS3's new static IP address. If your router has the option, make sure all of these ranges are "Enabled"
NAT2_06.jpg

3. Once finished, save these settings on your router.
4. Go to your PS3 and go to Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection Test
5. Now test your connection to see if your PS3 is port forwarded correctly. If it is, then your NAT Type should be NAT Type: 2. If it fails, set your PS3 as the network's DMZ as follows.

NAT2_21.jpg

Setting Your PS3 as the Network's DMZ (Optional)
This step is only needed if you cannot get your PS3's NAT Type to Type 2 by just port forwarding the proper ports
1. Access your router by opening a web browser and typing the "Default Gateway" from before into your address bar.
(The next steps will vary from router to router. I suggest going to http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm or your router's user manual to see how you do it for your particular router)
NAT2_05.jpg

2. Go into the DMZ menu (it may be a submenu of the port forward menu or other menu)
3. Enable the DMZ and set the "DMZ Host IP Address" as the PS3's new static IP address.
NAT2_07.jpg

4. Save the settings on your router.
5. Go to your PS3 and go to Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection Test
6. Now test your connection to see if your PS3 is port forwarded correctly. If it is, then your NAT Type should be Nat Type: 2.

NAT2_21.jpg

I can also help you out if you're having problems. If you're NAT type 3, the room may automatically kick you out, and rooms you make may not be accessible to others. It's not the host that is kicking you out. You'll probably have problems entering the CAG room and most of the other rooms online until you switch from NAT type 3 to either NAT type 1 or 2. An alternative method would be to plug your PS3 directly into your modem bypassing all of this rigmarole which would set you to NAT type 1.

If anybody is interested let me know in this thread with your PSN name, or send me a friend add on the PSN (notorious_pip) with a message that you're from CAG interested in a Tekken night. Rooms max out at eight people, so first come, first serve, but I'll send an invite to everybody that's interested when the room is made and resend invites as people leave.

I'm always open to suggestions or casual matches. Feel free to leave suggestions here or hit me up for some matches if you see me online. I'll post in here whenever I go online to play Tekken in case anyone wants to play. I think it'd be a good idea for people to post in here when they go online also. That way you get to play with some decent folk rather than some of the lag abusers and rank whores online.

Here's a list of Tekken night regulars for host reference and CAGs to have a healthy list of people to play. If I have forgotten anyone or you wish to be added to the list, just let me know.

CAG Name -:whistle2: PSN Name
Apossum -:whistle2: Mames
Azumangaman -:whistle2: Azumangaman
BackInBlack -:whistle2: JohnQuincyAdams
blitz6speed -:whistle2: blitz6speed
Chacrana -:whistle2: Chacranajxy
djbooba -:whistle2: djdewicon
hankmecrankme -:whistle2: VikingLongwood
heavyd853 -:whistle2: HeavyD853
InuFaye -:whistle2: InuFaye
jest -:whistle2: jest311
jmillion -:whistle2: JMillion
judgeTurpin -:whistle2: jed-kun
MarkMan -:whistle2: MarkManSDT
n8nmonster -:whistle2: n8nmonster
notorious_pip -:whistle2: notorious_pip
Rei no Otaku -:whistle2: Rei_no_Otaku
RelentlessRolento -:whistle2: Rolento
The Mana Knight -:whistle2: ManaKnight
Thomas96 -:whistle2: Thomaticus
SmallWind -:whistle2: SmallWind
trajin -:whistle2: Trajin

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually tried a few Tekken nights and they didn't work out, but thanks for doing this.

I'll tell you what, I'll add this to the PSN Gaming Group Schedule (I'll try to help you make it more noticeable). Well, for some who have a maxed out buddy list, what you can do is enter any PSN name within a game and invite them to play (ulike CoD4).

Thanks for the help, TMK. My friends and I are going to be playing at this time regardless, so I thought I'd post on CAG to expand our group a bit and maybe turn it into a weekly CAG game night.

For those that are interested, one of my friends is having a decent Japanese player named Yuta staying at his place that'll be playing with us. It should be fun.

Yes, it's only available through the PSN store for $20 for just the core game and $30 for the game, online, and survival and practice modes.

Cool, well, I already have ReRo on my buddy list. I hope the usual time isn't too late for you and other east coasters, but I'll send you an invite this week.

heavyd853 just post your PSN s/n in here or add me (notorious_pip) and I'll send you an invite on Sunday regardless.

Sometimes it might just be the connection with certain people due to distance or other circumstances. I can be in a room and have a great connection with one person and a horrible connection with another, and it remains consistent.

But Tekken DR isn't perfect with lag either, so you should almost always expect at least a 2-4 frames of lag even on the best connection.

I did have some good matches when I first started playing. I gots to brush up on my Tekken this weekend.

Fighting games should have NO Lag... NO lag, lag is pure evil. I can't juggle when there's lag.

That's the problem when you share games. You have to keep the account you used to download it from on your PS3 at all times. Once you delete that account, you lose the ability to play any games downloaded from that account. I suppose if you remember the account information you used to download the game, you could just put it back on your PS3, and it should play fine.

You don't have to re-download the game. You just need to have your friend's friend's account on your PS3. Each game is tied to a certain account. Once you delete the account you downloaded the game with, it invalidates the copy of the game you downloaded. You just need to make sure that your friend's friend's account is back on your PS3 and the game will start working again.

Just a reminder that we'll be playing around 9 p.m. PST or a bit earlier. If you're interested in playing this week, please post your PSN s/n on here or add me on the PSN with a note regarding CAG Tekken, so I can invite you to the room.

Thanks to whoever reminded me via email.

Sorry I couldn't play for long I had some guests over and they wanted to get some grub... I'm down next week again and I'll definitely make more time.

Good games to notorious_pip, the other guy I played, and GGs to Rolento going in and out of the room... :(

Rolento has joined the room.
Rolento has exited the room.

:(

Next time!

Just make sure you have a NAT2 and you have the required ports open. If that still doesn't work set the DMZ to point to your PS3's IP.

O yea.... I hate playing when it's laggy too :(

I'm sure everyone would have performed better had there been less lag... where are you guys located btw? I'm in Southern California.

Yeah, that was me that reminded you, Markman. GG to you too. Your Chreddie is beastly.

Yeah, it was pretty laggy, but it saved me from getting launched from some of my unsafe stuff. :cool: But lag owned me for a couple of the matches. I'm sure you could appreciate my Anna launches into nothing.

Well, EthyleneOxide and some of my other friends used to be a part of the Seattle scene with SLA and company, but now we're all over the place. I'm in the Reno/Sparks, NV area, EthyleneOxide is still in western Washington, and CheezyE is in Chicago but will be moving back to SoCal pretty soon. It must have just been one of those nights. I usually have a really good connection with people in California.

O! SLA, I haven't seen him in forever, since Tekken 4 days... if you talk to him let him know MarkMan sends his regards...

I played a few of the Seattle players awhile back in a DR tourney... did any of you guys go to the T5 regional tournament in Northern California? I remember some Reno players there...

Stop by San Diego when you guys move down to SOCAL, there's always ppl playing here... Plus I prefer playing offline anyways...

No worries about the lag, I was doing budget ass combos too... :(

I'm up for holding two Tekken nights a week, but if it's during the regular week I'd have to start them probably an hour later.

But I'll be up for a few more hours if anyone wants to have a few matches. Just let me know in the thread, and I'll make a new room, or you can make a room and send an invite.

Yeah, I haven't talked to Ric in forever. I don't really know what he's up to these days, but I'll let him know you send your regards through mutual friends.

Did you guys come up to the Seattle regionals for T4? Haha, I remember there were a bunch of Cali players the came up and jacked all our spots. Haha, for some reason WeaponX (Charlie) ended up sleeping at my house while he was up there.

Yeah, there's somewhat of a fighting game scene here in Reno, but it's mainly Guilty Gear, and I never quite got into that series. Some of them played T5 for fun when that came out, though.

Well, CheezyE is the one that's moving back to California. He's moving to the Irvine area, though. I might be down in San Diego in May visiting some family and definitely down there for the Comic Con this year, so I'll try to hit you up.

[quote name='MarkMan']Thanks to whoever reminded me via email.

Sorry I couldn't play for long I had some guests over and they wanted to get some grub... I'm down next week again and I'll definitely make more time.

Good games to notorious_pip, the other guy I played, and GGs to Rolento going in and out of the room... :(

Rolento has joined the room.
Rolento has exited the room.

Next time!

Just make sure you have a NAT2 and you have the required ports open. If that still doesn't work set the DMZ to point to your PS3's IP.

O yea.... I hate playing when it's laggy too :(

I'm sure everyone would have performed better had there been less lag... where are you guys located btw? I'm in Southern California.[/QUOTE]

I followed your guide on sdtekken.com and I still get it saying I have NAT3... >_<

at least I tried... I miss playing Tekken DR :( >_

I don't know what else to say then!!!

:( :( :(

Try connecting directly to your modem and not a router then. If you do that, you should have no problems at all.

I added a tutorial on how to setup your PS3 to NAT type 2 in the first post for RelentlessRolento and any other CAGs that are having networking problems. I can also help out through PMs if you still can't get it to work.

I just wanted to say GGs to all that played, and I hope to see more of you there at the next Tekken night.

What kind of connection do you guys have?

upload/download/ping etc ?

Check at:

www.speedtest.net
www.dslreports.com

I'm usually around 17,000 kbps down/560 up/43 ms ping...

Going through a router(like I am) obviously makes your ping worse...

Make sure you're not using WiFi either... cuz a combination of the PS3's shitty WiFi + WiFi being sketchy in general = sad face...

[quote name='MarkMan']
Make sure you're not using WiFi either... cuz a combination of the PS3's shitty WiFi + WiFi being sketchy in general = sad face...[/QUOTE]

that's my setup... sounds like I gotta un-shit my connection

bread's done
Back