CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='GodlyOne']I remember first finding out that you could control rockets after you shot them and it blew my fucking mind, I miss the N64 days....[/quote]
Back when nintendo meant more than just waggle flash games:cry:. It would be cool if they could at lest port Perfect Dark and golden eye to PSP, the controls would be almost a perfect match for the PSP.

[quote name='fuss']did you try putting a mine on the top of the warhawh then jumping out w/jetpack over the other base? It floats down to the ground and BOOM![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's just more fun to turbo-boost then jump out, sort of throwing the mine at someone.

i think manaknight is in charge of first 2 posts, i just wanted to let your know that i have all three boosters, thanks.

A big congrats to Super King for ranking up to Commander! Look how pretty his badge is: http://myhawk.org/profile/profile.html?handle=super_king

And I broke 100k points the other day myself - currently sitting at 101+k points now, only 9k more to rank up, 79k for the next rank trophy, and 174K to go for General. I really need to site down and make a list of what I need to max out the game. Part of me WANTS to go for it... part of me does not. But I figure I put this much time into it..

[quote name='fuss']A big congrats to Super King for ranking up to Commander! Look how pretty his badge is: http://myhawk.org/profile/profile.html?handle=super_king

And I broke 100k points the other day myself - currently sitting at 101+k points now, only 9k more to rank up, 79k for the next rank trophy, and 174K to go for General. I really need to site down and make a list of what I need to max out the game. Part of me WANTS to go for it... part of me does not. But I figure I put this much time into it..[/QUOTE]
Im lowly Command Sergeant with 31,829 points.I need 3171 points to reach a rank of Lieutenant.By the time I hit Commander Warhawk 2 will be out.Congrats SuperKing.

Holiest of Cows. I don't think I'll ever rank up that high enough. I'm just doing my best to keep up with Freekyzeeky's constant leveling up air skills.

I set up a dedicated server to try and earn that gold trophy. It's called Yo.Joe! if any CAGs are interested. I made 4 buddy slots, and it rotates between TDM and DM.

I'll try and make tonight, but I'm going out so if I'm not there, have fun killing each other

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Hey 3random, you having nightmares involving me at the top of a ladder? :rofl:[/quote]
I may never be able to climb a ladder, or even really steep stairs ever again without the fear death is up there waiting.:cry:

I played as soon as I got home last night.

On a similar note, does anyone play Fri nights still? I'm not a regular at that time anymore, but if a game is on I will try to attend.

[quote name='Romis']I still can't figure out how the hell to get up that 'DAM Hill' on the "grinder map" ugh...[/quote]

DD83 tried a few times last night, but some rockets kept flying out of nowhere and knocking him off :cool:

Maybe one of us could set up a server tonight and I'll show you. I can see that it's bugging you a lot :lol:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']DD83 tried a few times last night, but some rockets kept flying out of nowhere and knocking him off :cool:

Maybe one of us could set up a server tonight and I'll show you. I can see that it's bugging you a lot :lol:[/QUOTE]

he,he.... I am guilty of a few of those... I was shooting afew at those pesky snipers.... not to mention who ever found those binoculars..

I'm putting together a game to help folks get the "FLYING FORTRESS"
if anyone could help we'd appreciate it, (but please, don't come in and cause chaos though)

DATE: MONDAY 4/6
TIME: 11pmEst/8pmPst
SERVER: CAPT-FLYINGFORTRESS
PSSWD: time

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cthulhu8u']DD83 tried a few times last night, but some rockets kept flying out of nowhere and knocking him off :cool:

Maybe one of us could set up a server tonight and I'll show you. I can see that it's bugging you a lot :lol:[/quote]
Two weeks back i tried to climb that damn thing, and DD made sure i didn't. :lol: I still need to get that trophy!!! :bomb:

If anyone needs the flying fortress trophy.. I'm hosting tonite a server:

DATE: MONDAY 4/6
TIME: 11pmEst/8pmPst
SERVER: CAPT-FLYINGFORTRESS
PSSWD: if prompted will be 'time'

not playing any 'real' games just working to get trophies

[quote name='fuss']A big congrats to Super King for ranking up to Commander! Look how pretty his badge is: http://myhawk.org/profile/profile.html?handle=super_king

And I broke 100k points the other day myself - currently sitting at 101+k points now, only 9k more to rank up, 79k for the next rank trophy, and 174K to go for General. I really need to site down and make a list of what I need to max out the game. Part of me WANTS to go for it... part of me does not. But I figure I put this much time into it..[/QUOTE]

Thanks, isn't it shiny? :p

That's a crazy amount of points for General, think of it like this: as much as you've played, points-wise you're not even half way there. More power to you if you go for it, but you'd have to REALLY want it.

Re: Saturday start time, 11est/10cst/8pst is probly best for me right now. I give a co-worker a ride home and lately we've been hanging out after work. If everybody else wants earlier, that's cool too, just thought I'd chime in.

[quote name='iggywiggum']
Re: Saturday start time, 11est/10cst/8pst is probly best for me right now. I give a co-worker a ride home and lately we've been hanging out after work. If everybody else wants earlier, that's cool too, just thought I'd chime in.[/QUOTE]
Female coworker, of course. I mean, you wouldn't miss WH night to socialize with anyone other than CAGs? Right?;)

:oops:
I lost track of time playing board games...
Server is up now if people still want to play tonight.

Also... I'm thinking of moving Saturday back to 11 eastern.

I don't care how much farther back we set it. I only jumped out early tonight since I have to be awake before noon on Sunday, a very rare occurrence.

Hey guys there is a deal for $16.99 for this from newegg. I am highly interested....I've really started getting into my PS3 after being a longtime dedicated PC gamer when it comes to multiplayer games. I'm kinda looking for you hardcore players to sell it to me. Here's what I posted in the deal thread:
"Any of the hardcore fan base care to elaborate on what updates have been made to the original release "out of the box" experience?

As with any of these games in my experience (primarily online PC shooting, L4D, Team Fortress 2, etc) usually if the game is maintained there are numerous game play additions/balances/patches. Has Warhawk been maintained in this way?

Honestly, I thought this game was just an online "airplane" shooter. Reading a couple of reviews in depth I'm finding out that it's really a Battlefield style game with an actual fps on foot character and multiple vehicles. Interesante.

Is this the cheapest price it's ever been? I remember another warhawk deal of recent past..."

If I get it I will definately want to participate in the CAG nights. I've enjoyed the GTAIV group.

AFIK this is the lowest price for the game - well worth it.

As for the expansions, there has been 3 paid for expansions and each added a new map and a new vehicle.

- Omega Dawn expansion added the dropship. This is big armored airplane that can carry vehicles (good use on capture the flag) and passengers that can shoot swarm missiles. It is a big clumsy thing, but used correctly can be a major force in the game.

- Broken Mirror expansion added the APC which is a mobile spawn point when occupied and can pop up a shield that protects it from all enemy fire with the exception of a charged lightning gun from a Warhawk.

- Fallen Star expansion added jetpacks.

There is a combo pack for these online, I thnk its $15 which is a great price - but dunno if you want to double your purchase price for the game. I am pretty sure DD uses mostly, if not all expansion packs for the regular Warhawk night. I am not sure about the "rookie" CAG night since I am too high of a rank to play it. But if you just want to play the game there is still MANY people that play the game minus expansion packs.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']
Honestly, I thought this game was just an online "airplane" shooter. Reading a couple of reviews in depth I'm finding out that it's really a Battlefield style game with an actual fps on foot character and multiple vehicles.[/quote]

Ground combat is 3rd person, hell it's all 3rd person. Check youtube and gametrailers for videos.

Yeah... I usually do 3-4 booster maps (out of the 10 map rotation). Mostly Vaporfield Glacier (the Broken Mirror map). I'm not that big of a fan of the layouts for the Omega Dawn/Fallen Star maps.

I'd suggest playing online (with or without us) before dropping the $15 for the booster pack (and if you're getting anything, get the booster pack), to make sure you like it and will play it much.

Also... to everyone, unless there's a complaint, I'm moving the start time back to 11pm Eastern. Seems to work better for most, since most of the regulars are in Pacific/Central zones.

I'll be there. My connection might be crap. I mostly want to make an appearance to show that I want to be included in the clan. Jeez, it's hard saying clan...being from the south :roll:

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I'll be there. My connection might be crap. I mostly want to make an appearance to show that I want to be included in the clan. Jeez, it's hard saying clan...being from the south :roll:[/quote]
:lol:
That's not right.

Good gaming everyone. Surprisingly my connection held together well. I really had fun. Damn you, DD83 and you're binoculars. That regular map game we played with heroes I really felt like one, hehe. I was of the school of thought that charging with the hero was a burrito supremo idea. I managed to cap two heroes in one run which was fun as hero. But I also got squished a few times. Fun times.

Maybe a little bit more mic talk? Maybe a little bit more mic etiquette. I shouldn't have to be muting all talkers, should I?

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Good gaming everyone. Surprisingly my connection held together well. I really had fun. Damn you, DD83 and you're binoculars. That regular map game we played with heroes I really felt like one, hehe. I was of the school of thought that charging with the hero was a burrito supremo idea. I managed to cap two heroes in one run which was fun as hero. But I also got squished a few times. Fun times.

Maybe a little bit more mic talk? Maybe a little bit more mic etiquette. I shouldn't have to be muting all talkers, should I?[/quote]
I think that's the first someone complained about me and binoculars. Usually it's the knife.

Yeah, Hero on Standoff is a staple, since everyone likes it, or so I think.

More mic talk? You mean like...
"Need backup at base 1"
"Plane going to base 2"
Ehhh... the problem with that is I always have all talk on (listening to zen talking is half the fun) and, for the most part, we've played together so long on the same maps that we just about know what everyone is going to be doing at any given time, at least that's how I am. :lol: Plus, we seem to be more of a "Let's just run around and have fun" group instead of "Let's practice working as a team". :lol:

You know... I don't even notice static from zen anymore. The biggest problem with that is feedback from him always being in a plane.

[quote name='mguiddy']You know... I don't even notice static from zen anymore. The biggest problem with that is feedback from him always being in a plane.[/QUOTE]

I notice, it makes him easier to find during dogfights. :p

And SoCal, what did we learn about attacking the APC?

[quote name='iggywiggum']I notice, it makes him easier to find during dogfights. :p

And SoCal, what did we learn about attacking the APC?[/quote]
Yeah... that's one thing I don't like about the way Warhawk handles voice chat. It makes the entire blip on the map turn yellow, so it takes more than a quick glance to tell if the blip is friendly. Quite a few times I've been checking the map, saw a yellow plane flying around and had to check who was talking to tell if I needed to worry about them.
That last CTF was nuts... "SuperKing with the Bubbleshield in the Red base"

Well last night sorta sucked... I mean, 4 people at most, geez...

Sorry for not being "in the game" as much as I should have, had a sick little one to take care of during a few maps. Crying children tend to be pretty loud :cry:

I plan on biting on that Newegg.com $16 deal. I'll probably be joining you guys in around 2 weeks when i get this game, I'll get all of the Booster Packs. I will play with you guys almost every night, but around 1 out of every 4 weeks i won't be able to, since my brother & I share a PS3 and he might be on it. But that's not a for sure, I might be able to play every week.

Currently I'm an active member in the Resistance 2 & Unreal Tournament III clan nights. I also plan on getting Burnout Paradise with the Cops N' Robbers & the new DLC coming out, so i'll join that clan night also.

[quote name='AllahBomber']nobody can shank mr host advantage! XD[/QUOTE]
You missed it...
On Grinder I like to do this thing where I shank someone as they're running me over with a jeep... I usually attribute it to host advantage, well, Tavohl shanked me as I was running him over with a jeep... I was quite shocked.

[quote name='mguiddy']You missed it...
On Grinder I like to do this thing where I shank someone as they're running me over with a jeep... I usually attribute it to host advantage, well, Tavohl shanked me as I was running him over with a jeep... I was quite shocked.[/QUOTE]
hahaha.... after all, i learned from the best, i mean after you shanked me first.

[quote name='mguiddy']You missed it...
On Grinder I like to do this thing where I shank someone as they're running me over with a jeep... I usually attribute it to host advantage, well, Tavohl shanked me as I was running him over with a jeep... I was quite shocked.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen you do this ...much :roll:

I

Ok, on Sunday I placed my order for Warhawk & Burnout Paradise from Newegg with 3-7 day shipping. So hopefully I can get it before Saturday's game.

[quote name='aihuman']There was.[/QUOTE]O, OK. I couldn't play yesterday since my brother was using the PS3, but i should be there most days.

bread's done
Back