CAGCAA - NCAA 09 Dynasty - 2009 Season - Week 19 Week Deadline: 6/7

[quote name='FrankySox']Man, I hope this doesn't get out of hand. Could we maybe have a rematch?[/QUOTE]

There wont be a rematch.

He is the type of player that you would play a quick match against - not a person to play with in a league

I went for it on 4th down only when I was on your side of the 50. Why not I was right at FG range but the lag is terrible online.

Your complaing about my formation calls? Really. So I can't run out of the shotgun? I used every formation except for the weak I formation. I ran out of every formation too.

I blitz b/c the linebackers are so useless. How many sacks did I get?........ZERO.

4th and 9 on my own thirty? Maybe your 45. When I went for that it was late in the game and I was trying to close it out. Why would I go for it on 4th and 9 on my own thirty when you were down by 5 points? Now your just making things up

Oh number two is the best one. I can't control my defensive players (LB's and S's only) before the play? I don't even know how to respond to that. The two times I actually controlled my DE was when I knew you were throwing to the rb in the flats. Which you still completed for 6 or 7 yds but didnt get a 1st down

[quote name='slickkill77']Ok, so a "sim" game to you is throwing an unstoppable deep ball when you have a third down? I never once threw a go route and I have Gregg Carr(6'6 220+) so theres one against you. The preston parker pass was merely luck. I didnt honestly think if I rolled out and threw it to him on the run that he would catch it. I have no idea what you are talking about. Please I'd like to know what I did? Are you blaming the lag on me too?

Also on that third down late in the game when I ran it(about 1 minute left) I thought you stopped me short. I was just going to kick a fg but apparently the game gave me a first down. I thought it was a good game. We both had moments where we should have picked the ball but our guys dropped it.

In fact the only "cheating" I know of is throwing a deep ball and controlling the WR(basically impossible). You didnt control the WR, but you threw deep balls[/QUOTE]

You wouldnt throw one to Greg Carr if you see one on one with no sefety help?

Parker pass were nothing but luck and abuse to the zone, while rolling out from one side of the field all the way over to the other.

Lag - Might have been you, I dont know. I dont lag online usually - I have a great connection.

The game was a close game - not a good game. I consider it a good game if both people are playing a simulated type of game. No one is perfect, but you are far from it with what you did. I also understand that you might not play in any other leagues and might not know some of the rules that people use in leagues and I know we dont have any posted here.

Look at these rules on this other NCAA dynasty

http://www.thetraditionleague.com/

Yes because I KNEW you were running zone. Thats why I called that exact play. I knew I was going to exploit that. And yes I caused the lag hahahaha....end sarcasm.

No I wouldnt throw to Carr because that is the one thing in this game that totaly broken.

Sorry that you control your d lineman and come after me instead of your safety or LB's or CB's. I dont control what defense you run.

Complaining about the crossing routes is legit but what should I do? Have you seen the playbook for FSU? Or most of college football for that matter? College fb is about slinging the ball around.

[quote name='slickkill77']I went for it on 4th down only when I was on your side of the 50. Why not I was right at FG range but the lag is terrible online.

Your complaing about my formation calls? Really. So I can't run out of the shotgun? I used every formation except for the weak I formation. I ran out of every formation too.

I blitz b/c the linebackers are so useless. How many sacks did I get?........ZERO.

4th and 9 on my own thirty? Maybe your 45. When I went for that it was late in the game and I was trying to close it out. Why would I go for it on 4th and 9 on my own thirty when you were down by 5 points? Now your just making things up[/QUOTE]

I wish I could get the footage of that 4th and 9 play...

Might not have gotten any sacks, but guess what...it throws timing off of WRs and the O-Line.

Lag must be terrible b/c of your connection. I dont have any problems on that end.

I dont mind you running out of shotgun...but every play almost...the only time I seen you run out of the I was the last possession. Other wise it was a Draw with the RB or crossing patterns.

I understand that you didnt know that you were doing things wrong. But its just not fun to have to beat the person and beat the cheese.

Either way, I will see how Frisky wants to handle it. I dont mind stepping from the dynasty if needed. I played Frisky last week and he did none of this stuff and still beat me...like I said, I am not great. So talking about a good game, Frisky and I had a GREAT game...came right down to the end...and no cheese.

[quote name='slickkill77']Yes because I KNEW you were running zone. Thats why I called that exact play. I knew I was going to exploit that....end sarcasm.

No I wouldnt throw to Carr because that is the one thing in this game that totaly broken.

Sorry that you control your d lineman and come after me instead of your safety or LB's or CB's. I dont control what defense you run.

Complaining about the crossing routes is legit but what should I do? Have you seen the playbook for FSU? Or most of college football for that matter? College fb is about slinging the ball around.[/QUOTE]

Also if you noticed - every time I used a D-Lineman - I didnt rush...I did a spy because of the rollout. And I played with my LBS many times - Its just when you run crossing routes and tire them down...what am I to do? I dont know many teams that spread them out every play - except for WAC teams.

Throwing go routes dont exploit the D unless you let the D do it...like you did. Against anyone else I would not throw a streak, b/c the safety is always over top.

Yep because I NEVER ran out of the ace 2 WR formation or the ace 3 bunch set...I mean darn I have 3 or four ACE formations, 1 I formation, 1 weak-I formation, and about 10 shotgun formations.

I ran it with the qb maybe 4 times. Another thing you did that I never complained about was the screens. Because of the ghetto LB's and DL's speed that could easily be considered an exploit.

Look I dont care if you leave or not but don't complian because you can't adjust your defense or offense

[quote name='Ace!']Ok he wants me to tell what he did.

2.) Manually controlling your defenders before the play - How realistic is this? NCAA put in to make them move on their own. And to move 3 seperate guys to stuff the middle...seems very realistic to me
[/QUOTE]

This is perfectly realistic. In actual football, defenders can move prior to the snap. This is just nitpicking. The rest, I understand, but this? No.

Just a note, though- I'm not trying to take sides here since I don't know either of you, so don't take any comments I make personally. I'm just sharing my opinion.

[quote name='slickkill77']Yep because I NEVER ran out of the ace 2 WR formation or the ace 3 bunch set...I mean darn I have 3 or four ACE formations, 1 I formation, 1 weak-I formation, and about 10 shotgun formations.

I ran it with the qb maybe 4 times. Another thing you did that I never complained about was the screens. Because of the ghetto LB's and DL's speed that could easily be considered an exploit.

Look I dont care if you leave or not but don't complian because you can't adjust your defense or offense[/QUOTE]

Might want to learn how to play a legit game first. Who manually moves their players? I did that in NCAA Gamebreaker - Many years ago...

And who moves 3 players? I think you are the only one.

[quote name='Matt Young']This is perfectly realistic. In actual football, defenders can move prior to the snap. This is just nitpicking. The rest, I understand, but this? No.

Just a note, though- I'm not trying to take sides here since I don't know either of you, so don't take any comments I make personally. I'm just sharing my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think NCAA put movement in the game...

So you are one of those people to...maybe I need to stick to leagues with rules...thats my fault.

So Matt, how many leagues do you play in with rules? Must be none if you manually move players.

And moving 3 people every time? I have NEVER seen this.

If you want the safety to blitz, choose a safety blitz and he will go to the line.

Maybe there is a reason your dynasty didnt go anywhere? My other dynasties are running great.

Thanks for the comment.

I never blitz/ed with the safety. I always control one of the safeties because they can cover the most ground and people.

I didnt realize making things easier for myself on defense was against the rules. Seeing as how the defense in the game is terrible by default

Ok cool.

To make it easy for everyone, I will just retire. Seems that I am asking to much out of this league, so to create the solution I will get rid of the problem.

Thanks again for the chance to play...

Frisky - If you ever want to play, send me a message...I am always up for instant classics.

Later CAG Dynasty :(

I spent too much time on this board bitching today!!! I could have been cutting grass. Off to the grass now, later guys

For some reason I'm just sitting in here and waiting for Frisky to come save the day some how. I'll just keep waiting on word from the commish.

[quote name='Matt Young']This is perfectly realistic. In actual football, defenders can move prior to the snap. This is just nitpicking. The rest, I understand, but this? No.

Just a note, though- I'm not trying to take sides here since I don't know either of you, so don't take any comments I make personally. I'm just sharing my opinion.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ace!']*takes it personally*[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ace!']Why do you think NCAA put movement in the game...

So you are one of those people to...maybe I need to stick to leagues with rules...thats my fault.

So Matt, how many leagues do you play in with rules? Must be none if you manually move players.

And moving 3 people every time? I have NEVER seen this.

If you want the safety to blitz, choose a safety blitz and he will go to the line.

Maybe there is a reason your dynasty didnt go anywhere? My other dynasties are running great.

Thanks for the comment.[/QUOTE]

I only play in leagues here at CAG. I don't move 3 people at a time, but I may move one. Seriously, IT'S A PART OF REAL FOOTBALL. You are the first person I have ever seen complain about this, and I read GameFAQs semi-daily. And I'm not "one of those players." Ask anyone who's played me in this or Madden. I don't "cheese".

[quote name='FrankySox']For some reason I'm just sitting in here and waiting for Frisky to come save the day some how. I'll just keep waiting on word from the commish.[/QUOTE]

Its been done now...just have to find a replacement for the Canes.

Also Matt, I am assuming you havent looked at different NCAA leagues...not Game-Faqs. Take a look at any real leagues rules and I promise it will say no manual movements.

No, you misunderstood. I wasn't talking about leagues. I said that I've never seen anyone complain about someone moving their players prior to the snap as being not"sim", and people on GameFAQs complain about everything. But I don't want an argument, nor am I taking sides. As I said, I understood all your other points besides that one.

This was an interesting situation to wake up to. I'm sorry for any trouble you may have had, Ace, and I'm sorry to see you go. Make sure you select to retire from the league before you go. Thanks for giving the league a shot.

[quote name='slickkill77']If I truly did something wrong I'll gladly leave but....[/QUOTE]

You brought that pepperjack, son! ;)

Seriously though, the whole thing's silly. There has to be some sort of happy medium.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This was an interesting situation to wake up to. I'm sorry for any trouble you may have had, Ace, and I'm sorry to see you go. Make sure you select to retire from the league before you go. Thanks for giving the league a shot.[/QUOTE]

Already done it...right after the game in fact. Maybe the Madden leagues will go better.

[quote name='slickkill77']If I truly did something wrong I'll gladly leave but....[/quote]
Please don't unless you feel compelled to, as I hope we can just move on and can just get down to having fun.

Im not going anywhere then. BTW I got two recruits this week. A 5 star DE and a 4 star FS. I have about 8 soft verbal recruits that I'm working on

Wow, what the hell happened since this morning? Why would a guy quit after one bad game? He could have a least played other CAG's in the league to see is anyone else plays in a way that is not up to his standards. Or he could have seen if the other players in the league wanted to implement a rule set, but instead he quit. I was unware of any big problems in this league and for him to put this all to shit in one day kinda pisses me off.

[quote name='Matt Young'] And I'm not "one of those players." Ask anyone who's played me in this or Madden. I don't "cheese".[/QUOTE]

Um I've played Matt in Madden this year and last. It's a good thing I like the conversation because otherwise I wouldn't play with him. Honestly if any of you have to play him in madden you better bring a knife, wine, and some crackers because he'll supply plenty of cheese for both of you. It's fucking ridiculous playing this guy.

[quote name='FrankySox']Um I've played Matt in Madden this year and last. It's a good thing I like the conversation because otherwise I wouldn't play with him. Honestly if any of you have to play him in madden you better bring a knife, wine, and some crackers because he'll supply plenty of cheese for both of you. It's fucking ridiculous playing this guy.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Great post Dave. :p

[quote name='FrankySox']Um I've played Matt in Madden this year and last. It's a good thing I like the conversation because otherwise I wouldn't play with him. Honestly if any of you have to play him in madden you better bring a knife, wine, and some crackers because he'll supply plenty of cheese for both of you. It's fucking ridiculous playing this guy.[/quote]

Oh I hear ya there. It's like he hikes the ball on 90% of the plays and already has the right trigger held down to scramble with the ball. Then he zig zags back and forth in the back field like he's playing Tecmo Bowl then throws a bomb and jet packs with his WR for the TD. I've never seen so much cheese in a game. Now I know why he always picks the Packers.

Hey Frisky,

Me and Obama just finished playing our game but after the game its saying that the dynasty servers are unavailable so we can't save the game. Any ideas on what to do?

USF won a hard fought game 38-24.

It finally saved :) Thanks for the great game Benny! You have a very balanced offense and your kickoff return TD was incredible! Good luck with the rest of the Big East schedule!

Some of you guys need to put on your big girl panties and get your games played! The Clemson Tigers are itching to get back on the field, and wonder if your stalling is really just an expression of your fear.

Sorry, guys, but I'm gonna have to retire from the league. Something came up where I needed a little extra cash and this game was the first least essential thing I thought of. Also, I've been living off of 48 hr trials for a while now, and I'm about out of those and I don't plan on buying any XBL cards anytime soon.

It's been fun playing with you guys, and Frisky, you've did a good job running this. I'll go ahead and play this week's game, and possibly next week's if we're advanced before I ship it out on Monday. Again, I'm sorry and thanks for the good times.

Finished up my game and recruiting. The only two left are DJSteel and FrankySox, who have recruiting left to do, but if you just want me to sim those for you, we can advance today.

I'm sorry to see you go, pitfallhenry, but all I really ask of you is to set yourself for retirement in the league before you go.

Luckily, these two teams we're losing are in conferences with enough teams that the next two replacements can take whatever remaining teams they want in the available conferences.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Finished up my game and recruiting. The only two left are DJSteel and FrankySox, who have recruiting left to do, but if you just want me to sim those for you, we can advance today.

I'm sorry to see you go, pitfallhenry, but all I really ask of you is to set yourself for retirement in the league before you go.

Luckily, these two teams we're losing are in conferences with enough teams that the next two replacements can take whatever remaining teams they want in the available conferences.[/QUOTE]

I'll recruit tonight

Week 6 Recap:

This week saw a stable top 10, with only USC and ASU swapping spots at the #8 and #9 spots, respectively. After that we see Florida State and Texas A&M take big leaps up to the #11 and #13 spots from their lower teen spots while Wisconsin and Michigan dropped to the lower teens with their losses to their ranked Big Ten opponents. Alabama's the new entrant to the Top 25 for this week.

The Heisman Watch continues to see Knowshon Moreno at the top spot while Noel Devine moved up to the #2 spot and Preston Parker moved up to the #3 spot. Everybody else is new with Graham Harrell, QB from Texas Tech, jumped to the #4 spot with a 5 TD performance against Kansas State and Arrelious Benn returns to the Heisman Watch at the #5 spot.

Tim Tebow of Florida is this week's Coke Zero National Offensive Player of the Week. He also earned the SEC Offensive Player of the Week award while his teammate, Wondy Pierre-Louis, took home the SEC's Defensive Player of the Week award.

This week's schedule sees two big SEC matchups, with #11 LSU and #12 Florida battling for a chance at the Top 10 spot and #1 Georgia takes on ranked-hopeful Tennessee. The Big Ten sees similarly big matchups with #2 Ohio State taking on #23 Purdue while #7 Penn State takes on #18 Wisconsin.

This week's schedule:

Clemson (Johnacon) at Wake Forest
Michigan State (XXXplosive1) at Northwestern
Purdue at Ohio State (FriskyTanuki)
LSU (DJSteel) at Florida (RawisJericho)
Tennessee (pitfallharry219) at Georgia (FrankySox)
Penn State (Dandeschain) at Wisconsin

Byes: Florida State (slickkill7),Pittsburgh (bennydc), South Florida (moonknight25)

[quote name='DJSteel']I can play tonight[/quote]

Ok I have to work until 7PM CST, so I can play shortly after that if you want. Maybe around 7:20-7:30.

I played my game but it said the dynasty servers were busy. Did it save? Has anyone else had this issue? I thought the recent patch was supposed to fix all that.

bread's done
Back