CAGcast #109: There's a Sucka Born Every Minute

Wombat, you done good. Congrats.

Guys I just wanted to comment about the PS3. I'm a PS3 owner and I really have to agree with Cheapy's comment. What the fuck is taking so long? PS3 online has been dissapointing for me. Except for Resistance and Warhawk, all the rest of my online experiences have sucked. COD 4 is plagued with server problems and lack of XMB. I bought Unreal Tournament the week it came out and now it's almost a ghost town. I bought Smackdown 08 and the first month it was out, NO ONE was playing online. I just recently bought Stanglehold and I was the only person online. It seems like PSN is just missing something. I really can't put my finger on it but I just feel let down. I think it might be a combination of lack of players (as stated above) and lacking features that should have already been put in. I'm going to be purchasing a 360 (hopefully this week) to catch up on the games I missed and soak up the community aspect of the 360. Sony should have had the online revamped already. Hopefully with Home, In game XMB, a remodeled store, and "accomplishments" it will be better.

On the single player side of things it's awsome, it's just the online part is not all together, and it seems like they are taking their sweet time to get the shit out.

As much as I enjoyed this episode, it was like "Welcome to Last Year." Heavenly Sword? Spider-Man Friend or Foe? Lame, guys. I forget Cheapy's reason for not getting Rock Band on PS3, but just do it already and stop crying, or else you'll be playing it in the summer when it's old news.

BTW, Wombat. Congrats, and if you want your shin not to hurt while playing drums on RockBand, try turning the pedal around, and using your heel to press down, rather than your toes. I tried that and it helped, but that may make me a big pussy.

[quote name='CAGIronMan']So Mr. and Mrs. Wombat, how did you keep it secret for so long?[/quote]

Well it was easy for me to keep it a secret.. I just didnt go on the show and prayed that Wombat didnt slip.. but he did great.. and just remembered not to go down that path veen when Cheapy made it hard to.

If you mean in general.. it wasnt that much of a secret to our family and friends after about 6 weeks.. we could never keep that under our hats. Especially when on vacation with family and I didnt drink.. that was suspicious.. so we had to tell certain people right off..

But waiting until the major tests were done and that all were clear and then wanting to know the sex.. those were all reasons to keep it from going worldwide until now.. But now we are sharing it with everyone.. yeah!!!

[quote name='mrswombat']Thank you everyone for all your well wishes.. Wombat and I are very excited about our new addition and just to answer the inevitable question about names... yes we have a list of names.. none of which refer to a video game character (only our dog is allowed to have a name like that) but we are still figuring out which one will fit best and whose family is going to be disappointed. The Naming fight begins!!![/quote]

Once again congratulations Mrs. Wombat/Wombette :applause: and also kick ass avatar, i've never seen that before. Very fitting to your character lol. Hope you and Sir Wombat handle the cub well and don't call him Solid Snake, Mario or something along those lines lol.

[quote name='LittleWildman']Once again congratulations Mrs. Wombat/Wombette :applause: and also kick ass avatar, i've never seen that before. Very fitting to your character lol. Hope you and Sir Wombat handle the cub well and don't call him Solid Snake, Mario or something along those lines lol.[/quote]

That avatar is creepy. Now I imagine the actual pictures of Wombat with (bigger) boobs as what Mrs. Wombat looks like.

[quote name='mrswombat']Well it was easy for me to keep it a secret.. I just didnt go on the show and prayed that Wombat didnt slip.. but he did great.. and just remembered not to go down that path veen when Cheapy made it hard to.

If you mean in general.. it wasnt that much of a secret to our family and friends after about 6 weeks.. we could never keep that under our hats. Especially when on vacation with family and I didnt drink.. that was suspicious.. so we had to tell certain people right off..

But waiting until the major tests were done and that all were clear and then wanting to know the sex.. those were all reasons to keep it from going worldwide until now.. But now we are sharing it with everyone.. yeah!!![/quote]
Well, Good For You!!!

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Wombat, having a girl is great....until they turn 13, so enjoy while you can. Also, could ms.Wombat be a regular on the show? Her voice always sound so happy, it makes me happy and I love her accent :)

I don't think it's so much that PC gaming has died, it's moreso that it's split into two tiers. You've got one tier, where only the power users are (Crysis and Supreme Commander are real system suckers on high quality, for example), with their own custom-built rigs and overclocking, tweaking etc. The other tier is for everyone else, where you've got nothing but old, re-released games or budget games you find in your local supermarket, with the occasional decent game.

You have an occasional stir in the PC gaming pool (Crysis, C&C3, DoW: Soulstorm), where the games are either unavailable on consoles, or it's been a port from the PC TO the console (As much as I believe Tiberium Wars was built from the ground up for a 360, it's meant to be played on the PC. RTS = PC land, for now. Halo Wars notwithstanding just yet), but with the outbreak of gaming into the main market, and with games swiftly becoming ports FROM the console, there's no real developments in the PC gaming market.

Hey Congrats Wombat!!!
The Ipod is a very tricky thing but, WOMBAT download Idump it will take all of your movies, songs, pictures off of your ipod and put them into your Library.

Have fun, Keep up the great stuff!

Peace.

Congrats to the Wombats!

This episode title...I thought it had something to do with gamers who constantly buy another 360 after their previous one breaks

but I can't believe someone at CC said that Wombat. I haven't checked out the CC at Union yet but may now since I may be able to catch this sucka on camera!

[quote name='kPod']I don't think it's so much that PC gaming has died, it's moreso that it's split into two tiers. You've got one tier, where only the power users are (Crysis and Supreme Commander are real system suckers on high quality, for example), with their own custom-built rigs and overclocking, tweaking etc. The other tier is for everyone else, where you've got nothing but old, re-released games or budget games you find in your local supermarket, with the occasional decent game.

You have an occasional stir in the PC gaming pool (Crysis, C&C3, DoW: Soulstorm), where the games are either unavailable on consoles, or it's been a port from the PC TO the console (As much as I believe Tiberium Wars was built from the ground up for a 360, it's meant to be played on the PC. RTS = PC land, for now. Halo Wars notwithstanding just yet), but with the outbreak of gaming into the main market, and with games swiftly becoming ports FROM the console, there's no real developments in the PC gaming market.[/quote]

Don't forget sins of a solar empire and Halflife/TF2/Portal stuff. Also things like battlefield and CoD4 which I know you can get on consoles but I really suck with the controler for FPS games and they just feel better on the computer to me.

The PC has always been a FPS/RTS/SIM type of platform. The rpg's we saw were point and click type like baulders gate or Diablo type. It seems like there is still a good deal of stuff that is PC only though the more the consoles become like regular PC's the more the line with blur between the 2.

Edit: oh and the MMO market is almost exclusively PC. WoW, EQ2, ect.. besides FFXI what else does the console get?

First thing, Congrats to Wombat and Mrs. Wombat.

Now, onto the Digital Distribution issue...I do not think waiting 5-10 hours to download a movie in HD is going to be a big deal to many. Reason? If I order a movie from amazon.com RIGHT NOW, the earliest that this movie is coming to me is on Wednesday with standard shipping...if I want it TOMORROW I will have to pay an extra fee and you are still looking at a 24 hour wait anyway...so...meh

Congrats to Wombat and Mrs. Wombat! I played the first 15 minutes of this episode for my wife as we drove to dinner Friday night, and we're both very excited for the two of you.

Good ass show Cheapy and Wombat, congrats to Mr and Mrs. Wombat as well.

But Wombat......if the baby comes out black as hell with a mini-fro....

(don't PM me)

[quote name='orko60']As much as I enjoyed this episode, it was like "Welcome to Last Year." Heavenly Sword? Spider-Man Friend or Foe? Lame, guys. I forget Cheapy's reason for not getting Rock Band on PS3, but just do it already and stop crying, or else you'll be playing it in the summer when it's old news.
[/QUOTE]

Is this the like the gamer version of keeping up with the latest fashion trends, have Heavenly Sword and Spiderman Friend or Foe gone out of style? I find this mentality strange, why does it matter if they are talking about games from last year. Should they only talk about the newest games? Are these games no longer relevant because they are six months old +/-? It's not as if they are discussing 5 year old games, these games are very recent and still on store shelves. And this is coming from a website where most people wait for games to drop in price before buying and playing them.

Congrats Wombat.

Yep, we are cheap gamers after all, and that usually means playing games only after all the TV ads and product tie-ins have disappeared. Anyone complaining about games from last year popping up here and there doesn't understand what this site is about, or probably should just go listen to Foreplay instead.

Congrats Wombat,
and you can transfer music from you old ipod to your computer, i use a program called iDump, it's free

Why no one would ever buy the chocolate party hats: If they were too big you'd feel pretty lame, and if they were too small you'd be awfully uncomfortable. Although if you had some really big gear you could impressively pop the helmet off hmmm.....

What you really want to do is chill your balls and then get some of that chocolate magic dip stuff.

Actually, any songs you've purchased from iTunes can be transferred directly from your iPod to a new PC. Just install iTunes, and sync the iPod. It will ask you if you want to copy purchased songs onto the new PC (you're allowed to transfer them up to 5 different PCs.) That's what Cheapy was trying to say.

I JUST got the title...amn I'm slow. Congrat to the Wombats. Now Cheapy, I know your situation is different but when my son started to sleep through the night, I jumped out of bed because I DIDN"T hear him. I was worried about sids and I couldn't sleep without checking on him periodically.

and.... It didn't help that the misses slept with ear plugs which ment I was "Johnny on the spot" ALL the time.

Mr. & Mrs. Wombat, Congratulations! Kids will ruin, er, change your life forever. Hope it's only one at a time. Two can be something special, but I wouldn't wish twins on anyone.

Cheapy: you did try to have a contest based on iTunes reviews. I can't remember what episode it was, but you were going to offer something up to one of the first one hundred reviews. And, I don't think you ever did anything. Please, don't try to make it up by sending chocolate party hats, new or used.

Thanks Cheapy for the recommendation of Patsy's in NYC, my (now) fiance and I just returned from NYC today, and enjoyed a fine pizza at Patsy's per your recommendation yesterday! It certainly was delicious.

bread's done
Back