CAGcast #110: Urge to Kill, Rising

[quote name='shipwreck']Not sure, I don't think the webpage has any indication of that like they usually do when they sell exclusives. Could be though?[/QUOTE]
Sadly, a quick Google search turned up nothing official, just a few forum posts mentioning that it was apparently coming up as an exclusive in the in-store computers. It seems that if it is an exclusive, then it is only an exclusive in the US, as quite a few people in Canada have found it at other chain stores.

Good show guys.

Wombat,
When my wife was pregnant she played my DS so much the last 3 months i bought her own DS and that's all she did til the baby was born. She completed Sudoku Gridmaster, the total hour count was 486 hours! hang in there bro.

[quote name='smoger']my zune didn't like this episode :(

this is the first time i've gotten this on the cagcast.[/quote]

I have been listening to the CAGCast on my Zune since the Zune 30's were first released and never had any problems....interesting.

This is the first CAGcast that froze my Zune as well. Very strange.

I played around with it for awhile and finally got it to work - I'm just not sure what I did to get it to work.

I downloaded the file a few times, I re-synced a few times, I played the file in Winamp to verify the file wasn't corrupt, then after syncing back to zune it worked.

I can understand bitching about the "modern metal pack", but how can you complain about free Dropkick Murphy's on St. Patty's day? These are the guys that made that rad song in "The Departed", for reference. I guess it would be better if they had Aerosmith singing "Danny Boy"?

BTW, I am the guy who helped Wombat in Circuit City (ma stands for "mexican-american", obviously), and I have to say that Wombat constantly mocking me throughout the cagcast actually brought a tear to my eye. Sucka.

Hey Cheapy, I know you aren't the biggest fan of the Wii (considering the lack of meaty games, understandably so), but why so down on Bully for the Wii? You heard about the technical issues with the 360 version, and besides the achievements, there is little that would make it superior to the Wii. You always complain that there's nothing to play for the Wii and now there's a competent port of a good game.

BTW, you should give No More Heros a shot. While the in between sections involving fund gathering gets tedious near the end of the game, the assassination missions are a blast and the whole thing is visceral as hell.

[quote name='Keiotic']Wow, that's some attractive looking site they have. Check out the fancy logo they have too.[/quote]

Hey, maybe they're going for the "vintage" look since it's an Atari fansite...so they made the site look like it's from 1996.

[quote name='NateWhs152']Atari can go straight to HELL, I'll never buy a game from them again.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that nobody would've been doing that anyway :lol:

[quote name='Monmin']This is the first CAGcast that froze my Zune as well. Very strange.

I played around with it for awhile and finally got it to work - I'm just not sure what I did to get it to work.

I downloaded the file a few times, I re-synced a few times, I played the file in Winamp to verify the file wasn't corrupt, then after syncing back to zune it worked.[/quote]

Just wondering if any of the Zune users have reported these problems to Microsoft and attached the failing file? This seems like an issue that might be relatively easy to fix. (A seemingly well formed MP3 that plays correctly everywhere else.)

i can also confirm that this episode is the first episode i've had problems with on my zune. actually this happened before on a single episode of a different podcast i listen to. it's very strange. i wonder what the problem is.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Can has AtariGames.com raid nao?[/quote]
I thought abuot this, went over to their crappy site and then to their forums.
IT WAS SAD! 1 thread with 1 post. So some lonely guy is his parents basement just cause a big headache for cheapy because he is a fucking douchebag.

David, didn't one of your YouTube videos make it to the front of the Wall Street Journal a year or two ago? You'd think they wouldn't do something so dumb, but i've had my share of stupid overzealous legal internet shit.

My Xbox 360 just showed up at my door.

Total repair window:
Called Microsoft Japan on Saturday, 360 picked up at my apartment on Tuesday 2pm, returned Saturday 8:30AM

Got a free month of XBL too.

I agree with your assessment of the worthlessness of Limited Edition video games. I do enjoy some making-of videos, but not for ten extra bucks. They should just include them on the game discs, like a lot of games do. They work best as a "prize" to unlock. Besides, often they are videos made as promotional material anyway. The one limited edition game I have is Jade Empire (which was same price as regular version) which came with an extra character and making-of videos that were made for G4TV. Perhaps a trade-off could be they could include the up-coming downloadable content on the bonus disc. That way, they could get the new content first or perhaps even cheaper.

I'm a bit confused about the YouTube thing. Cheapy, I thought you only posted videos you made yourself. I've seen those and they're all great. Why were you reposting videos other people made? You don't get paid for views, do you?

[quote name='CheapyD']My Xbox 360 just showed up at my door.

Total repair window:
Called Microsoft Japan on Saturday, 360 picked up at my apartment on Tuesday 2pm, returned Saturday 8:30AM[/quote]

same system or replacement?

Total repair window:
Called Microsoft Japan on Saturday, 360 picked up at my apartment on Tuesday 2pm, returned Saturday 8:30AM[/QUOTE]
Okay I'm moving to Japan. Or Canada. How's health care over there? ;)

In the name of whatever you hold Holy, I plead to you - *please* don't ever, EVER play that godawful 'CAGS on News' version of 'Girls on Film' again. It doesn't even have the distinction of being so bad that it's entertaining. It's just plain awful and annoying. :(

[quote name='bickle']In the name of whatever you hold Holy, I plead to you - *please* don't ever, EVER play that godawful 'CAGS on News' version of 'Girls on Film' again. It doesn't even have the distinction of being so bad that it's entertaining. It's just plain awful and annoying. :([/QUOTE]

I actually find that part pretty funny. In my opinion it is so bad it's good.

Too bad about the youtube account Cheapy. Who knew that Atari is so anal about their 20 year old commercials? I really don't see what's wrong with playing Heavenly Sword or other "older" games. It's a good game and it's not THAT old. I think it's ok to do that for games that are not on the top of your list. You can also buy that game cheaper if you wait long enough for deals on those kind of games.

[quote name='Z_meista']Too bad about the youtube account Cheapy. Who knew that Atari is so anal about their 20 year old commercials?[/quote]

The worse thing about this is that it isn't Atari asking for a suspension, it's some no name fansite.

I do have theory on this though, Cheapy. This is all an elaborate scheme by Phil Harrison to ensure he's the only tall, bald, white guy in the video game industry. However, the root of his evil lies in his dastardly British ways!

At the beginning of the podcast when Cheapy says he received a letter from YouTube, my initial thought was that YouTube was investigating allegations of child abuse due to his "360 made my baby cry" video.

Glad to hear it's something else.

[quote name='bickle']In the name of whatever you hold Holy, I plead to you - *please* don't ever, EVER play that godawful 'CAGS on News' version of 'Girls on Film' again. It doesn't even have the distinction of being so bad that it's entertaining. It's just plain awful and annoying. :([/quote]

TY

[quote name='Hoffer']I felt bad for the kid that sent in his signed Xbox 360. I also feel it was one of the dumbest things he could have done. I would NEVER trust to get back the same one. In the end, he’ll probably be happier since Bungie will probably be sending him something 1,000 times better.[/quote]

Yeah that kid got a bunch of stuff from Bungie. Lucky kid., Nice job by Bungie. :applause:

Link: http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/03/07/bungie-unscrews-previously-screwed-gamer/

Hey Cheapy and Wombat great show, I thought it might be an awkard show since you (Cheapy) was so pissed off but bye the middle of the show I think Wombat halped you forget about all of your troubles and came out with a great show. Cheapy you need to make a rap song with just the lyrics "I Bought The Last One Yesterday SUCKA!". Keep up the good work the cagcast keeps on getting better, I love going to work Friday morning because I know when I get there I can download the cagcast and enjoy.

[quote name='meager']I agree with your assessment of the worthlessness of Limited Edition video games. I do enjoy some making-of videos, but not for ten extra bucks. They should just include them on the game discs, like a lot of games do. They work best as a "prize" to unlock. Besides, often they are videos made as promotional material anyway. The one limited edition game I have is Jade Empire (which was same price as regular version) which came with an extra character and making-of videos that were made for G4TV. Perhaps a trade-off could be they could include the up-coming downloadable content on the bonus disc. That way, they could get the new content first or perhaps even cheaper.
[/quote]

So true. You pay an extra $10-20 for a soundtrack that gets ripped and uploaded the day the game is released, an artbook that the developers end up publishing on their website, and video of a bunch of dorks rotating wire frame models on their computers. It's not worth the money, even if there's a cat helmet or broken toy included.

[quote name='Shady3011']The worse thing about this is that it isn't Atari asking for a suspension, it's some no name fansite.

I do have theory on this though, Cheapy. This is all an elaborate scheme by Phil Harrison to ensure he's the only tall, bald, white guy in the video game industry. However, the root of his evil lies in his dastardly British ways![/quote]

Oh yeah... You're right! How can they do that? Do they really have the right to do that? Geez...

Total repair window:
Called Microsoft Japan on Saturday, 360 picked up at my apartment on Tuesday 2pm, returned Saturday 8:30AM

Got a free month of XBL too.[/quote]

Looks like your PS3 days are over, Cheapy. How's the newly repaired system? Are you going to play Army of Two?

I think it makes for a good show when Cheapy isn't in a great mood. He was feisty on this episode for good reason. I was waiting for him to freak out a bit more on Wombat when he kept interupting him. It drives me insane when people do that to me.

Anyway good show as usual.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Thank you wombat. I will definitely check out the Justice League movie through netflix.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was on the fence too. Still, since everything Wombat recommends I don't like (Condemned, Simpsons movie, etc) I'm still on the fence. I saw that Superman Doomsday movie they did, and it sucked hardcore. Just don't know who to trust. Guess I'll rent it one day when I have a free rental coupon.

great show! bust youtubes balls!!

is the xbox as loud now it it is repaired?

get some e`s and play some REZ HD! :)

I was gonna say phil harrison too, but not because he's bald. he used to work for sony, and i contend that he still does. think about it...this youtube incident happened so soon after his "departure" from sony...doesn't that strike you as a little suspicious? now that he works for infogrames, who owns majority share of atari, he can bring you down on the guise of defending atari, but we all know the real reason:

cheapy's xbox fanboyism. think about it: 1+1=2. 2+2=4. with cheapassgamer becoming an increasingly large venue in forum-related video game communication, sony knew they had to bring cheapassgamer the fuck down, and it looks like this is just the first in a string of impending legal attacks. anyway, i wish you the best of luck to you, cheapy, and i commiserate in regards to the tai dealio - i, too, sullied my clothes today with fecal matter.

btw, i was joking about all that, and i don't think cheapy's a fanboy. wasn't joking about shitting my pants though.

My 360 dvd/fans were so insanely loud that i converted a small cabinet with sturdy door and ventilated it with 2 large pc fans. My already refurbished ybox got too hot so i resorted to getting the cable guy to punch a small hole in the living room wall so it now sits in another room (rental unit, landlord was relaxed about it!).

Unbelievably, if the volume is low on the 5.1's i can still hear it screaming away through the closed door (despite having a projector 3ft above my head).

[quote name='thorbahn3']I saw that Superman Doomsday movie they did, and it sucked hardcore. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, Doomsday was awful. New Frontier is fantastic though. Very different from the JL animated a few years back, but still great.

Excellent Show, the anger in Cheapy made this episode of the CAGcast come alive with raw power and fury. I though mild mannered David was going to turn into the Cheapass-Hulk.

One really anal correction, Cheapy-

Sure gas is super-cheap in Venezuela, but many Gulf Counties have cheaper gas than the U.S. In Saudi Arabia and Kuwait gas is about less than 20 cents a liter, or about 80 cents a gallon. It's even about a buck a gallon in Bagdad.

Wombat, I wish the best of luck your you and your wife. Her non-sleeping patterns must be difficult for the both of you.

Edit: Proof- http://www.designverb.com/wp-content/images/2007/06/gasprices.jpg

Wombat, I feel for you and your Wife, My wife has similar complications but it just went away undiagnosed after 2 weeks.

I agree that an angry Cheapy is a more interesting Cheapy. Limited Editions are pretty wastefull. i have never watched one of those dvd that come with them.

man wtf is up with youtube we should delete them for deletin u! i watched ur vids liek everyday! this us bullshit they need to put u back up as for now fuck them!

Cheapy, once you notify Youtube that you object to the takedown then they have to restore the videos within 14 days unless atarigames initiates a lawsuit (which they obviously cannot since they have already committed perjury by falsely claiming copyright of the material). Oh, and since the videos relate to your business you are entitled to claim damages; not that it would be worth the hassle, but if you want to get some payback a nicely worded letter with a claim for a couple of thousand dollars should throw a scare into them.

bread's done
Back