CAGcast #110: Urge to Kill, Rising

[quote name='meager']I agree with your assessment of the worthlessness of Limited Edition video games. [/quote]

The only one I thought was worth it was Doom 3 for the Xbox because the Limited Edition included the original Doom and Doom II and some videos all on the same disc. If, let's say, GTA IV included the original GTA in a limited edition, I'd pay an extra $10 for that.

Listening to the podcast now, and I'm probably just gonna edit the post with new thoughts.

First off, sorry to hear Youtube shafted you, Cheapy - Although in theory they'll restore your account and just remove the 'offending' material, so don't give up hope.

Also, about people bitching about you talking about Heavenly Sword - Screw em! I for one can't pick up every single goddamn game when they come out, and I end up getting games later on down the line. (Hell, I still haven't played Dead Rising) Keep on talking about games you get to play, even if they are old. Chances are I either haven't played them or I'd like to hear your opinion on said older games.

great show guys. Have either of you seen Superman II : the Richard Donner Cut (available on blueray) ? I'd also like to comment on the election issue, unless you are a delegate your vote doesnt count, not including the diebold voting machine fraud. First of all, we are on the verge of another political dynasty , Bush Clinton Bush Clinton, that is never a good sign. Its another example of the oligarchy that controls this country. Hillary is Washington to the core and there will be no change when she gets into office. Watch The Clinton Chronicles on Google Video. Barack Obama's top economics adviser, Austan Goolsbee, is a member of the secret Skull & Bones society of Yale University, of which George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and John Kerry are also members, by adding the infamous Skull & Bones secret society to his campaign roster, Obama, who bills himself as the candidate of change and hope, has attained a prefect trifecta of oligarchical and financier establishment backing for his attempt to seize the nomination of the Democratic Party for 2008. Obama's main overall image adviser and foreign policy adviser is Zbigniew Brzezinski, the co-founder of David Rockefeller's Trilateral Commission, and the mastermind of the disastrous Carter administration. Obama's wife Michelle is reputed to be closely linked to the Council on Foreign Relations. Behind the utopian platitudes dished up by the Illinois senator, the face of the Wall Street money elite comes into clearer and clearer focus. Obama victory= war with Russia, Clinton or Mccain victory= war with Iran. Here is some free financial advice, the dollar will continue to slide while oil, gold and silver will reach new heights. That is the only to hedge against inflation and the Fed plans to inflate the shit out of the dollar.

Wombat was on fire this episode. Maybe being tired can make certain people even wittier (Wombat's usually pretty funny every episode though). Disposable Xboxes... hilarious.

Cheapy,

You should check out the Deftones - they have a Love Knife song called Knife Prty [sic].

Nice episode! I'm with Wombat -- the New Frontier is definately not for young kids. But still, quality stuff. And of course, congrats on the new job!

[quote name='spongebobgangster']good show didn't like the making fun of Mexican no more racist jokes[/quote]
I know! I was so angry after he referred to hispanics as mexican-americans! ARGH! SO DAMN HATEFUL RIGHT?!:bomb:

[quote name='cheaperthanever']does anybody know the link to the torrent site CheapyD was talking about. pm me thanks.[/quote]

yeah me too pleeeeze!

I liked the question that you guys had from the CAGBag about what game you'd first have your child play. I like your idea to introduce your children to old school games. If and when I have kids, I'll be introducing them to the games I played as a kid, such as the old Sierra AGI games (King's Quest, etc) or Carmen Sandiego. They'd also get introduced to other arcade and NES classics.

I think its fine to still talk and bring up older games like Heaven Sword. I have stopped buying any game as soon as they come out. I do not plan on getting Smash bros for Wii maybe when its at $20. I am still waiting for CoD4 and Assassin Creed to go down they do look good I mean we all are Cheap Ass Gamers so whats wrong with waiting like CheapyD to get and talk about a game when it is at a low price point. If anything maybe there should a review crew setup to go over games when they are at a low price point. A game may seem like crap for $50-$60 dollars but when it hits that $20-$30 it may seem more appealing since you arent spending so much on the game.

Cheapy,

Upon further reflection I am in total disagreement with those who panned your Heavenly Sword comments. I think looking at a game several months after it came out is a very valuable opinion to add. I know personally, I sometimes might find myself enjoying a game that just came out because I was so eager to play it.

If it's a game I buy release day it's a game I'm dying for - My opinion is probably a little skewed.

Early reviews are good for those who might be early adopters, later reviews might sway those without fully formed opinions or fence sitters once the hype has died down.

Great show guys, but I am disappointed to hear that Cheapy's account was banned! It seems strange that these games of old have risen from the dead and have come back to bite Cheapy in the ass. Being one of top videos in Japan and high up in the US video rankings, you'd think he'd have been given a warning before the entire account, along with his high number of subscribers, he's lost many great videos! This is really disappointing.

Damn, Cheapy sounds really scary when he's pissed. Youtube sucks, you got plenty of other sites to upload your vids. Screw them~

btw, i hope Mrs. Wombat feels better soon!

[quote name='Thomas96']

No XMB in game access its not a big deal, now if Sony didn't have any online voice chat then I'd be upset, but just because its not cross game isn't a reason to dismiss the entire service. I've never seen people [excuse my english] bitch about something that's being given for free.

I do agree about the sense of community, but I thought that was Home was for, and the in game XMB is coming - better late than never. On Thursday me and some CAGs had a great time playing Burnout, for free, chatting, having a good time. Its about enjoying what you have. Bottom line, PSN isn't perfect, but its free and it gets the job done.

[edit] oh yeah, good show guys; sorry about your youtube account cheapy;[/quote]

Just because it's free doesn't mean we don't have the right to complain when the product we spent over $500 on is not living up to expectations and not offering services that the competition already has.

I know PSN isn't perfect, but it's kind of sad when (and this IMO) a game like Resistance came out at launch and is a better online experience than a hugely popular and successful game like COD. To this day Resistance is my best PS3 online experience. I never had any problems with the servers, the party system was good, voice chat was clear and perfect. Now if a game that came out at launch can get it right, why can't the newer games get the job done? I have not played Burnout, but I know even you can realize the shitty party system that COD4 has. Hell, the game doesn't even have the basic feature of a mute button, so you're stuck listening to all the idiots yelling into the microphone and acting like an idiot.

Unreal Tournament 3 was supposed to be one of the prime jewels for PS3 yet it was never capitalized on. For some reason, the midway servers aren't even up half the time, and sometimes when you're trying to get in a game a "core package not available" (or something along those lines) pops up and you can't get into the room. A lot of people have complained about this on the UT forums yet nothing gets done. If someone sends you a message on PSN, you have to exit the entire game just to check it. There is no mic setup in the UT menu, so again you have to exit the entire game if you forget to set up your mic. It's really frusterating to see these problems across the board on PS3.

My Zune was also having problems with this episode. I had to download it from the first page and manually put it in. It wasn't working in the marketplace.

[quote name='HarassmentPanda']I'm now about 3 weeks behind on CAGcasts. My iPod broke and for some reason the CAGcast seems to freeze my Zune (others have reported this problem too). Since I can't listen to the CAGcast on the metro anymore, I never really have a chance to sit down and enjoy it. But, alas, I'll catch up one day![/quote]

Im having the same problem right now, went to listen to the show today as I do every monday and it would freeze my Zune, first time this has happened..

I've re downloaded the show a few times with the same result, only thing that changed what how it read the show play time..

going to try a drag and drop of the show.. ** still doesnt work but it doesnt freeze up the zune, just wont play..**

any other ideas??

As someone who's been living with anxiety disorder for the past 6 months, I can understand how frustrating it is on both you and your wife, Wombat. Hopefully, the doctor you were referred to is of some help. My only advice is to practice some deep breathing exercise if she hasn't done so already. It really helps when the anxiety is beginning to onset. The only other thing really is moral support, and you got that in spades, Wombat. Best of luck to both of you and your baby girl.

[quote name='Phryo88']I was so fucking ready to Forum bomb atarigames.com too :/[/quote]

yea, i can't believe Youtube suspended Cheapy cuz that site was the one who complained about it. it wasn't even their stuff. all CAGs should dropkick that site's email and site servers with spam. ridiculous...

Thanks for the pregnant wife horror stories guys. Now I have a good 9+ months to look forward to.

Also, Saint's Row was very glitchy. Twice I began to indiscriminately pass through buildings, and once I became unable to not pass through walls after a save. The patch took too long for me to pick the game back up.

[quote name='CAGIronMan']Wombat, have you found out about the job yet?[/QUOTE]

I got it, I said that on the show, but I did get my official offer letter and all that so now its set in stone

[quote name='Shady3011']As someone who's been living with anxiety disorder for the past 6 months, I can understand how frustrating it is on both you and your wife, Wombat. Hopefully, the doctor you were referred to is of some help. My only advice is to practice some deep breathing exercise if she hasn't done so already. It really helps when the anxiety is beginning to onset. The only other thing really is moral support, and you got that in spades, Wombat. Best of luck to both of you and your baby girl.[/quote]

Yeah.. I am actually doing prenatal yoga twice a week and I do do the deep breathing when I feel an attack coming on.. right now Im actually on a low dosage of Ambien and ambien CR which is safe during pregnancy and its actually let me sleep for the last two nights.. and Wombat is giving me great support by "hesitantly" sleeping in the guest room until I can get this all in order. (It sucks to not be together.. but he will do what is best for me and my health) ;) Hopefully the "very expensive" psychiatrist I am seeing tomorrow will let me know if there is a safe drug I can take for the anxiety or at least give me more ambien.. But I thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement. Its always nice to know you arent the only one who suffers.

Hey Cheapy, think you can hook me up with an invite to that HD torrent site?

Or anyone else know good HD movie site? There all private so im asking here....:roll:

[quote name='mrswombat']Yeah.. I am actually doing prenatal yoga twice a week and I do do the deep breathing when I feel an attack coming on.. right now Im actually on a low dosage of Ambien and ambien CR which is safe during pregnancy and its actually let me sleep for the last two nights.. and Wombat is giving me great support by "hesitantly" sleeping in the guest room until I can get this all in order. (It sucks to not be together.. but he will do what is best for me and my health) ;) Hopefully the "very expensive" psychiatrist I am seeing tomorrow will let me know if there is a safe drug I can take for the anxiety or at least give me more ambien.. But I thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement. Its always nice to know you arent the only one who suffers.[/quote]

yea, we all hope you're doing okay. Wombat can't be funny on the show if you're not feeling well, ya hear? ;)

Well obviously atarigames.com had nothing better to do. I can't believe they'd even bother doing that. Well and Youtube didn't bother to inform you of anything, like the stuff you posted was highly offensive. Ugh, too lame.

[quote name='LiK']yea, i can't believe Youtube suspended Cheapy cuz that site was the one who complained about it. it wasn't even their stuff. all CAGs should dropkick that site's email and site servers with spam. ridiculous...[/quote]

I don't think we should stoop to the level of raiding their site. That's 4Chan's thing and we be no better than them.

The real crime here is that Youtube just jumped the gun and suspended Cheapy with practically no creditable evidence. I mean, if all it takes is a single report to get someone suspended, then people must be getting suspended left and right on there.

Youtube is the worst video hosting site online. Not online is their video quality the worst, but their user privacy and protection is laughable.

[quote name='Wombat']I got it, I said that on the show, but I did get my official offer letter and all that so now its set in stone[/quote]
Sweet, so can you talk about it now :p?

I have to say this is one of the funniest episodes I've listened to in while. Wombat had me cracking up every time he jabbed Cheapy. "youtube?" Priceless :D

edit: by the way wombat, did you get your music out of your ipod?

I think I'm a Wombat super fan.

Speaking of super fans (which you might not understand), Cheapy, are you ever going to follow up on the IGN invite to appear on their podcast?

[quote name='mrswombat']Yeah.. I am actually doing prenatal yoga twice a week and I do do the deep breathing when I feel an attack coming on.. right now Im actually on a low dosage of Ambien and ambien CR which is safe during pregnancy and its actually let me sleep for the last two nights.. and Wombat is giving me great support by "hesitantly" sleeping in the guest room until I can get this all in order. (It sucks to not be together.. but he will do what is best for me and my health) ;) Hopefully the "very expensive" psychiatrist I am seeing tomorrow will let me know if there is a safe drug I can take for the anxiety or at least give me more ambien.. But I thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement. Its always nice to know you arent the only one who suffers.[/quote]

Ambien is the greatest. The best sleep I've ever had!

[quote name='oogravyoo']Im having the same problem right now, went to listen to the show today as I do every monday and it would freeze my Zune, first time this has happened..

I've re downloaded the show a few times with the same result, only thing that changed what how it read the show play time..

going to try a drag and drop of the show.. ** still doesnt work but it doesnt freeze up the zune, just wont play..**

any other ideas??[/quote]

I deleted my subscription and readded it and it is fine now.

Congrats on the pregnancy Wombat. My wife and I are 12 weeks pregnant today with number three. It doesn't get any easier.

Because everyone else is focusing on bigger issues, I need to bring something else to the table. CHEAPY, WHY DON'T YOU KNOW ABOUT AVENGED SEVENFOLD!!?!? I can understand if you don't listen to whatever subgenre of rock they're in, but they had one of their songs covered in Guitar Hero 2. Surely you played GH2 and remember Beast And The Harlot!!

[quote name='4est']I deleted my subscription and readded it and it is fine now.

Congrats on the pregnancy Wombat. My wife and I are 12 weeks pregnant today with number three. It doesn't get any easier.[/quote]

didnt work for me, I had to take the file and re-encode it and it worked fine..

bread's done
Back