CAGcast #117: Gaybots are Hitting on Me

No. 1 it is impossible to please everyone, everybody will always have something to complain, just like I complain all the time about the number of songs available to download and the fact that they add up to a bunch of money. My point is that this which console/game/service is better or worst will never end and that is why this website will keep consuming my time when I read all these discussions. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's being able to eject the disc tray with just the controller[/quote]

Surely something is amiss if that is the first "feature" that comes to mind...

I have to chime in about SingStar...

I usually have more women in the house then guys (No, I'm not a player; just the wife, sisters, nieces, etc)

Most of them would be reluctant to try Guitar hero/Rock Band as they seem 'videogame-ish', but Singstar requires zero gaming knowledge/expertise. They love the game. So far, I have four disks.

As an activity, for when non-gamers come over it can't be beat. I tried Scene-It, Buzz and a few other quiz games, but we always go back to Singstar. It's one of the best co-ed games out there, IMO.

As far as turning off the vocals; it's kind of a non issue, as you can increase your vocal volume accordingly. For people like myself, without singing talent, it's helpful.

I can't wait for the PS3 version!

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Something needs to be done about them :twoguns: Most people will just blindly support them because they grew up with Nintendo. Well not me anymore. I won't support this casual crap, just the first party title non-whored out character games that look interesting.[/quote]

Why are people so angry at Nintendo giving focus to a new market? The gaming industry isn't exclusive to the hardcore gamers. Nintendo actually found an audience that buys their products after being rejected by hardcore gamers in the Gamecube generation. They're going to continue to make a few hardcore games a year, but you guys need to understand that Nintendo is a business and is going to do what is profitable to them.

And Wombat, I know it's just the spirit of CAG within you, but you need to stop harping on the Wii Fit thing. Going by preorders alone Nintendo knows it's going to sell perfectly fine at that price point, so they aren't going to lower it. Guitar Hero 3 with a guitar is the exact same price, and you have to pay $60 for a single guitar for Rock Band; what's the difference between those games and Wii Fit? Sure there are 3 other games you can use those guitars with, but only because the series is a couple years old.

I don't really have a problem with paying extra for a bundle with a mostly useless guitar, or a bundle with a mostly useless balance board but I guess that's just me.

[quote name='vosos102']Surely something is amiss if that is the first "feature" that comes to mind...[/quote]
Because it's not like I mentioned anything else? I don't recall posting that they were huge, system-defining features, small things I took for granted that I assumed the 360 already had. I haven't messed with a disc tray in a console for probably around 2-3 years at least with my old Xbox and 4 years when I had my PS2 before I got a PStwo.

Cheapy, you stated that no one can be happy with the PS3 unless they have rose colored glasses, will you at least acknowledge that users like my self who have no desire to play online whatsoever would be able to love the PS3 for it's abilities that don't include online. I don't play online multiplayer, I don't enjoy it and I will never want the online features you are describing, that a person in my circumstances would be more than happy with a PS3. If I had a 360, I wouldn't have Live Gold because I have no desire to use any of those features. All the complaints about the PS3 are in regards to the online so somebody who doesn't care if the system goes online, like myself, except for the PSN wouldn't care about lacking online features and would just love the system for these reasons:

Uncharted
PSN redesign
PAIN
Pixel Junk Monsters
PSP Connectivity
Heavenly Sword
The inevitable God of War 3
Orange Box (I know it is on 360 but having it on PS3 instead of a 360 exclusive makes the PS3 system better than if Orange Box wasn't on PS3 at all. I am not comparing PS3 to 360, I am explaining reason I love my PS3. If I was comparing to 360 I would add the fact that it doesn't break semi-annually to my list)
Rock Band (same as Orange Box)
GTA IV (Same as Rock Band and Orange Box)
Assassins Creed (Same)
Blu-ray
PS2 & PS1 BC on my 60 GB model
Easily upgrading my 60 GB to 160 GB

Those are some reasons I love my PS3 without having to wear rose colored glasses to keep from being disappointed. The only thing that disappoints me about my PS3 is I don't have time to play it more than I do.

There is plenty to love about a PS3 if online gaming isn't your #1 concern or in my case doesn't interest me at all.

All that said, if online gaming is what you want and is your biggest interest, the 360 is clearly superior anybody arguing that does have some serious rose colored glasses. But saying anyone with a PS3 must be disappointed is only looking at one aspect of the system and not giving it credit for what it does well. It plays the games I want to play, and it plays them the way I want to play them.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Because it's not like I mentioned anything else? [/quote]

No, you mentioned other things--it just struck me as funny because it was the first thing you listed.

[quote name='vosos102']No, you mentioned other things--it just struck me as funny because it was the first thing you listed.[/quote]
It is the first thing that you see when you look at the 360.

I can reorder the list if you'd prefer that.

Good show but one comment.

How can someone who was suckered into Nutri-system bemoan WiiFit?

C'mon Wombat.

p.s. STOP fucking DRINKING INTO THE MIC.

all im gonna say is... Im jeolus of that sandwitch also, I wonder how much it cost??
the comment about the guys wrestling on the floor.. genius, pure genius.

So who's this Birzerk guy that won the GTA 360 Elite? Needless to say when i heard cheapy start to say the name, my heart stopped only to be shot down by the missing 'er' and different spelling.

Damn you Bizerk, damn you.

Wombat... You really think Microsoft will pay 50 million upfront for GTA 4 d/c and let sony have it on a disk at the same time? That is the dumbest thing i have heard come out of your mouth. Cheapy when you goto NewYork just walk up to him and bitch slap him for being that stupid.

I agree with most of what you're saying. I don't really care about playing online multiplayer games so much, because I'm terrible at them. I like playing Warhawk, but I can just jump into a game whenever I want. I have no friends online (well, a few), but never really see them on that often anyway. I don't know, it just seems like it's not that big of a deal to me. I really think that once I can message friends from in game, all will be well. We can already do this in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (as I said earlier in the thread), so why the heck isn't it in every game?

I also have 3 friends who have 360's, and NONE of them are paying for gold accounts. Most of the people I know own PS3's. When I see one of them playing Warhawk, I simply boot up the game and join their room. CheapyD and Wombat act like there is simple no way to play together with friends online. While it may not be as refined as the 360's way, I think that the benefits inherent in the PS3 might outweigh in-game messaging (which, by the way, is coming soon, I hope).

I just don't like it when Cheapy says that there's "no argument" when it comes to this stuff, as if 360's dominance is irrefutable. Come on. Nothing is that sure. As someone who's had 2 red rings, I think Cheapy might be looking through the rose-colored glasses. All three companies are pretty much failing in different ways this generation.

[quote name='jaystaeb8']Cheapy, you stated that no one can be happy with the PS3 unless they have rose colored glasses, will you at least acknowledge that users like my self who have no desire to play online whatsoever would be able to love the PS3 for it's abilities that don't include online. I don't play online multiplayer, I don't enjoy it and I will never want the online features you are describing, that a person in my circumstances would be more than happy with a PS3. If I had a 360, I wouldn't have Live Gold because I have no desire to use any of those features. All the complaints about the PS3 are in regards to the online so somebody who doesn't care if the system goes online, like myself, except for the PSN wouldn't care about lacking online features and would just love the system for these reasons:

Uncharted
PSN redesign
PAIN
Pixel Junk Monsters
PSP Connectivity
Heavenly Sword
The inevitable God of War 3
Orange Box (I know it is on 360 but having it on PS3 instead of a 360 exclusive makes the PS3 system better than if Orange Box wasn't on PS3 at all. I am not comparing PS3 to 360, I am explaining reason I love my PS3. If I was comparing to 360 I would add the fact that it doesn't break semi-annually to my list)
Rock Band (same as Orange Box)
GTA IV (Same as Rock Band and Orange Box)
Assassins Creed (Same)
Blu-ray
PS2 & PS1 BC on my 60 GB model
Easily upgrading my 60 GB to 160 GB

Those are some reasons I love my PS3 without having to wear rose colored glasses to keep from being disappointed. The only thing that disappoints me about my PS3 is I don't have time to play it more than I do.

There is plenty to love about a PS3 if online gaming isn't your #1 concern or in my case doesn't interest me at all.

All that said, if online gaming is what you want and is your biggest interest, the 360 is clearly superior anybody arguing that does have some serious rose colored glasses. But saying anyone with a PS3 must be disappointed is only looking at one aspect of the system and not giving it credit for what it does well. It plays the games I want to play, and it plays them the way I want to play them.[/quote]

[quote name='orko60']I agree with most of what you're saying. I don't really care about playing online multiplayer games so much, because I'm terrible at them. I like playing Warhawk, but I can just jump into a game whenever I want. I have no friends online (well, a few), but never really see them on that often anyway. I don't know, it just seems like it's not that big of a deal to me. I really think that once I can message friends from in game, all will be well. We can already do this in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (as I said earlier in the thread), so why the heck isn't it in every game?

I also have 3 friends who have 360's, and NONE of them are paying for gold accounts. Most of the people I know own PS3's. When I see one of them playing Warhawk, I simply boot up the game and join their room. CheapyD and Wombat act like there is simple no way to play together with friends online. While it may not be as refined as the 360's way, I think that the benefits inherent in the PS3 might outweigh in-game messaging (which, by the way, is coming soon, I hope).

I just don't like it when Cheapy says that there's "no argument" when it comes to this stuff, as if 360's dominance is irrefutable. Come on. Nothing is that sure. As someone who's had 2 red rings, I think Cheapy might be looking through the rose-colored glasses. All three companies are pretty much failing in different ways this generation.[/quote]

For all the people who claim that the 360 isn't better because they don't care for online gaming will be the same people touting how great Home is. PS3 began with a campaign "Play Beyond", and have not lived up to it. Honestly, why does PSN even notify you that a friend is online if you can't communicate with them easily? Why tout HD graphics with no HD cable provided? Why not provide a headset? For the 360 to have horrible HW and still be the preferred systems mean Sony fucked up bad. "Play Beyond" my ass, the pride cometh before the fall. Sony just knew that the popularity of the PS2 would guarantee PS3's success. But they didn't realize how powerful the sense of community is. PS3 fans band together to defend it , 360 fans play games together.

[quote name='andy.evans']I myself am a homosexual, and I take offense to the title of this podcast.[/quote]

You'll get over it.

If MS knew that they were going to be DLC heavy then why did it take them so long to offer a system with a bigger hard drive. Then the hard drive that they provided initally is only 20gb(s) and its a proprietary drive. 360 owners have to shell out either at least 400 dollars for an Elite with 120 HDD or buy the drive seperately for at most 179.99 (I saw one for 89.99 at some shady website no one trusts) I bought a 160gb hard drive for my PS3 for 70 dollars. And I have a 250gb hard drive hooked up to the PS3 externally... (for music and stuff)

Then people point out that the PS3 doesn't have a headset... big deal. I bluetooth headset is something that many of us had lying around the house. Its not like you need proprietary headset that the 360 needs. Almost any bluetooth will work (with the exception of a few various models) The 360 is missing Wi Fi... PS3 has wifi... Wifi adapter MS proprietary brand - costs 99.99. So 360 fans say.. PS3 should have a 20 dollar bluetooth adapter in the box, but never mention that perhaps the 99.99 wifi adapter should have been built into the system.

Overall the PS3 will have the best library because of their PS2 library... Saves you money from having to be overcharged from individual games on the Virtual Console.

and the Online is FREE. You don't have to pay to get a roster update.. A Free service should not be scrutinized as much as a pay service. If Sony's free service gets on par with MS' paid service, (which it will be once in game XMB is completed.) then what? People will stay because their friends were there...

proving ONE point; if one Monkey jumps off the bridge... the other monkeys will continue to do so too. Unless of course.. someone gives them a compelling reason not to do so.

You can download free themes from any website via the PS3 browser. [How much do themes cost on the 360.. I'd like to purchase one..]

[quote name='andy.evans']I myself am a homosexual, and I take offense to the title of this podcast.[/quote]

Well cry us a river then ?

When Cheapy and Wombat were discussing the idea about publishers releasing games like Iron Man at a lower price, I think they missed a key point. While I would love to see games released at a lower price, you are asking publishers to admit that their games are not premium quality. While this may be true, and the games may even sell more copies at a lower price, publishers will not want their games to be perceived as "budget" titles, for big names games like movie licenses.

Also, here's some maths to consider. Suppose a game is sold for $60, and after development, promotion , licensing etc costs are taken out, the publisher makes $20 profit on that game (maybe it's more, but bear with me). If the publisher decides to sell it for $50, even though they only drop the price by 17% they will need to sell twice as many games to make the same profit. Their bean counters might simply find it is not in their interest to sell more games at the lower price point.

Finally, you announced the winner of the GTA contest this show, but made no mention of the second xbox for the site with most entries. Has that part not been announced yet, or could it be that one of these other sites that Cheapy was so confident about beating, kicked the CAG's asses?

[quote name='Tsiawd']Wombat... You really think Microsoft will pay 50 million upfront for GTA 4 d/c and let sony have it on a disk at the same time? That is the dumbest thing i have heard come out of your mouth. Cheapy when you goto NewYork just walk up to him and bitch slap him for being that stupid.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say at the same time, I said eventually, does this mean I get to slap you now?

[quote name='Bezerker']So who's this Birzerk guy that won the GTA 360 Elite? Needless to say when i heard cheapy start to say the name, my heart stopped only to be shot down by the missing 'er' and different spelling.

Damn you Bizerk, damn you.[/QUOTE]

LOL.... I thought it was you, too!

So Wombat, its Friday and it is your birthday. Do you have big plans to celebrate or will it be another rockin' night of Eye of Judgment with Shipwreck on the PSN? :lol:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']So Wombat, its Friday and it is your birthday. Do you have big plans to celebrate or will it be another rockin' night of Eye of Judgment with Shipwreck on the PSN? :lol:[/QUOTE]

If things go as planned I will have some funny pictures

[quote name='Indifference']For all the people who claim that the 360 isn't better because they don't care for online gaming will be the same people touting how great Home is. PS3 began with a campaign "Play Beyond", and have not lived up to it. Honestly, why does PSN even notify you that a friend is online if you can't communicate with them easily? Why tout HD graphics with no HD cable provided? Why not provide a headset? For the 360 to have horrible HW and still be the preferred systems mean Sony fucked up bad. "Play Beyond" my ass, the pride cometh before the fall. Sony just knew that the popularity of the PS2 would guarantee PS3's success. But they didn't realize how powerful the sense of community is. PS3 fans band together to defend it , 360 fans play games together.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, Home is about as important to me as hardware quality is to MS. Where did you get that "Play Beyond" has anything to do with online, I never made that association, especially since they tack that saying on to games that have no online component. Why include an HD cable that only 30% of the population can use, why not include a cable that everybody can use straight out of the box and let people who want the HD cable buy one from Amazon for $5. Why provide a headset if online gaming isn't important, which Sony has made clear it isn't to them. I would never have used an included headset, it would have been a waste for people like me who feel online gaming is worthless and don't enjoy it.

The 360 may be your preferred system, but if you are looking at sales figures recently, it isn't the preferred system of everybody since the PS3 is outselling the 360 often and the Wii is killing both monthly. 360 fans can play their games together that is fine, I will play my games the way I enjoy them, with my wife and friends sitting around the living room having a fun evening together, not sitting in my basement shouting homophobic insults anonymously across the internet at "friends" I have never met and don't care about me whatsoever.

Pretty sure you can only complain if you're also a robot. Are you a gay robot?

[quote name='mguiddy']1. Just go to your buddy list in the XMB. It shows who is online and what they are doing.

2. Yeah, the PS3 could benefit from having XMB access in game (I think that is coming "soon"). Once they get that I'd imagine in game messaging won't be far off.[/QUOTE]

Well then, I stand corrected on #1. I guess whenever I've seen my friends online they were watching movies or something, because I've never seen that. It could also related to the fact that I only have 2 friends who have PS3s, as opposed to 12+ who have 360s... which reduces the odds I'll catch them playing something.

That's really cool, though, and I will use that.

Now, if only there was a combined PS3/360 friends status list... :)

Can you see PS3 friends list status on the web? You can with the 360... so if they are both available, perhaps I could hack together such a beast...

[quote name='gorgo']Well then, I stand corrected on #1. I guess whenever I've seen my friends online they were watching movies or something, because I've never seen that. It could also related to the fact that I only have 2 friends who have PS3s, as opposed to 12+ who have 360s... which reduces the odds I'll catch them playing something.

Can you see PS3 friends list status on the web? You can with the 360... so if they are both available, perhaps I could hack together such a beast...[/quote]

As far as I know, no the PS3 friend list isn't available on the web.

And because I was bored last night (and ManBabies are funny).

[quote name='gorgo']Well then, I stand corrected on #1. I guess whenever I've seen my friends online they were watching movies or something, because I've never seen that. It could also related to the fact that I only have 2 friends who have PS3s, as opposed to 12+ who have 360s... which reduces the odds I'll catch them playing something.

Can you see PS3 friends list status on the web? You can with the 360... so if they are both available, perhaps I could hack together such a beast...[/QUOTE]

Wow. you just named a new feature.. while playing PS3 you can check to see if any of your 360 friends are online by using the PS3 web browser. How can you pay for an online service and not have a simple web browser... even the Wii has that.

[quote name='Thomas96']Wow. you just named a new feature.. while playing PS3 you can check to see if any of your 360 friends are online by using the PS3 web browser. How can you pay for an online service and not have a simple web browser... even the Wii has that.[/quote]

Browsers on consoles are kind of a gimmick. If you're within range of wifi, you're in range of a computer. I don't even use my Wii's Internet Channel.

[quote name='Thomas96']Wow. you just named a new feature.. while playing PS3 you can check to see if any of your 360 friends are online by using the PS3 web browser. How can you pay for an online service and not have a simple web browser... even the Wii has that.[/QUOTE]

LOL... agreed. People have always complained... if only MS had a browser they could use on the 360 :) I believe the reality is they are afraid of all the viruses/hacks/exploits hitting the 360, yet they are too stubborn to allow something like Firefox to run on the 360.

I will try to log in to see my XBL friends on the PS3, that would be hilarious if it worked. I wonder if I could make that an RSS feed, so I could see it on the PS3 RSS reader?

[quote name='outlawmoogle']Browsers on consoles are kind of a gimmick. If you're within range of wifi, you're in range of a computer. I don't even use my Wii's Internet Channel.[/QUOTE]

I will disagree with you.. and here's why.

We all use the word Gimmick, but we just say it... but what's the definition... well according to Merrian-Webster

one of three definitions of gimmick [c: a trick or device used to attract business or attention ]

obviously the PS3 web browser isn't a trick and it isn't attracting any business....
however this definition automatically makes me think of Acheivements, MS Acheivements are a gimmick. Why? You think that they do something for you, [like if you get enough, you get something for free.. which is FALSE] and all they do is serve to attract customers back to XBL. Also people use their Achievements to show off what they have completed in various games.

Achievements attract business to MS,
Acheivements attract attention to XBL users
Acheivements made people think [at least once] that if you got enough of them that you'd get some prize... nope.. nada zilch... [now pay MS their money! or else you're off the network]

that's why I disagree.

[quote name='Thomas96'] I bought a 160gb hard drive for my PS3 for 70 dollars. And I have a 250gb hard drive hooked up to the PS3 externally... (for music and stuff) [/quote]
Hey I have an external drive on my 360 also for music and stuff.

[quote name='Thomas96']
Its not like you need proprietary headset that the 360 needs.
[/quote]
Lies, 360 HS is not proprietary, I use a standard mini-plug HS from a cell phone because it has a better mic and cost less. People on live are always saying, "Man your mic sounds great where'd you get it?" $2 from a target clearance bin.

[quote name='Thomas96'] The 360 is missing Wi Fi... PS3 has wifi... Wifi adapter MS proprietary brand - costs 99.99.[/quote]
Do you mean OEM brand, Wi-Fi connection options for the 360 are not proprietary. I use a cheap D-Link Ethernet Wi-Fi bridge. I think it was $30.

[quote name='Thomas96']
Overall the PS3 will have the best library because of their PS2 library... Saves you money from having to be overcharged from individual games on the Virtual Console. [/quote]
Only, for those early adopters of us with 60GB PS3s get the benefit of full BC. Which, since it (full BC) has been abandoned by Sony, is offered on neither console in question.

[quote name='Thomas96']
You can download free themes from any website via the PS3 browser. [How much do themes cost on the 360.. I'd like to purchase one..] [/quote]

I have about 30 themes for live- all were free, I just can't make my own yet. Most of us willingly concede that themes are done better on the PS3, as we do the PS3's superior "build" quality.

I think I am going to stop reading thomas96's posts ITT. They are disingenuous, hyperbolic and nothing but the fomentings of a fan-boy who considers "will be's" and "should be's" as if they are.

Let's please stop the fan-boy ranting in this thread and move it into the other threads where it belongs.

[quote name='Thomas96']

one of three definitions of gimmick [c: a trick or device used to attract business or attention ]

obviously the PS3 web browser isn't a trick and it isn't attracting any business....
however this definition automatically makes me think of Achievements, MS Achievements are a gimmick. Why? You think that they do something for you, [like if you get enough, you get something for free.. which is FALSE] and all they do is serve to attract customers back to XBL. Also people use their Achievements to show off what they have completed in various games.

Achievements attract business to MS,
Acheivements attract attention to XBL users
Acheivements made people think [at least once] that if you got enough of them that you'd get some prize... nope.. nada zilch... [now pay MS their money! or else you're off the network]

that's why I disagree. [/quote]

You're a dilletante. Since when have badges of merit been considered a gimmick?
How about employee of the month? Or the MOH? (I am not saying the are on par, but are the same idea).
They are an incentive and earned, not given away, like a free toaster at a bank.

[quote name='Thomas96']
Acheivements made people think [at least once] that if you got enough of them that you'd get some prize... nope.. nada zilch... [now pay MS their money! or else you're off the network] [/quote]

You don't know what the hell you are blathering about: My achievements have earned me a copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2 (a sh*t game but it was free, earned through my achievements), 400 spacebucks, and a free copy of XBLA Contra. That was just from the first round of achievement challenges.

Please just stop posting. You only continue to make yourself out to be an ill-informed fan-boy and serve the flamers and trolls.

I might care more about achievements if they unlocked gamer pics, themes, or SOMETHING. There are so many things that they could do that would have little-to-no cost for Microsoft or a developer.

Even mere in-game unlocks, which Microsoft bafflingly thinks devalues the points themselves.

[quote name='Thomas96']I will disagree with you.. and here's why.

We all use the word Gimmick, but we just say it... but what's the definition... well according to Merrian-Webster

[/quote]

How can you criticize the 360 for not offering a browser and then say that the inclusion of a browser does not attract customers to the PS3? That's admitting that browsers on consoles don't offer any value, and that it doesn't matter that 360 doesn't have it. You're contradicting yourself.

jesus fucking christ.
we're 3 years into next gen and we're still arguing which console is better.
Here's a fucking clue. its the 360. jesus fuck. get over it.

[quote name='outlawmoogle']How can you criticize the 360 for not offering a browser and then say that the inclusion of a browser does not attract customers to the PS3? That's admitting that browsers on consoles don't offer any value, and that it doesn't matter that 360 doesn't have it. You're contradicting yourself.[/QUOTE]

its a feature that the system offers, but its not a system selling feature. Blu Ray would be more of a system selling feature. Super Audio CD capabilities of the 60gb was a great feature, but not a system selling feature. Each feature that a system has offers value, that should be obvious to you. However, each feature does have its weight in gold. Internet brower is just another piece of gold that the 360 is missing.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']You're a dilletante. Since when have badges of merit been considered a gimmick?
How about employee of the month? Or the MOH? (I am not saying the are on par, but are the same idea).
They are an incentive and earned, not given away, like a free toaster at a bank.
[/QUOTE]

Acheivement are a feature of XBL that MS and gamers alike believe to enhance the XBL experience..

[quote name='h3llbring3r']
You don't know what the hell you are blathering about: My achievements have earned me a copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2 (a sh*t game but it was free, earned through my achievements), 400 spacebucks, and a free copy of XBLA Contra. That was just from the first round of achievement challenges.

Please just stop posting. You only continue to make yourself out to be an ill-informed fan-boy and serve the flamers and trolls.[/QUOTE]

From whom did you receive the prizes from? and how?

[quote name='Thomas96']
From whom did you receive the prizes from? and how?[/quote]

Xbox Live rewards challenge sponsored by Old Spice.
Here is the info on last years challenge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Rewards

I am not participating in the current challenge, so I can't accurately comment on it.

[quote name='Thomas96'] Acheivement are a feature of XBL that MS and gamers alike believe to enhance the XBL experience.. [/quote]
That still doesn't make your mischaracterization of them as a "gimmick" any less inaccurate or biased.

[quote name='Wombat']If things go as planned I will have some funny pictures[/quote]

Oh jeez, sounds like you might have received a new superhero costume as a gift. Are you sure these pictures will be rated "E" for everyone? :lol:

Anyways, Happy Birthday, enjoy it man, the wife's birthday is today as well so I'm gonna be hitting the hotspots in downtown Pittsburgh!

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Something needs to be done about them :twoguns: Most people will just blindly support them because they grew up with Nintendo. Well not me anymore. I won't support this casual crap, just the first party title non-whored out character games that look interesting.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe some of the people who grew up with the Nintendo genuinely enjoy their new direction, and don't have such rigidly defined tastes such that they dismiss any games outside of such narrow perspectives. These people might also understand that a game is defined by much more than the character on the cover, judging by that alone would be very superficial, especially when the character games span such a wide breadth of genres.

bread's done
Back