CAGcast #117: Gaybots are Hitting on Me

[quote name='4nik8tor']jesus fucking christ.
we're 3 years into next gen and we're still arguing which console is better.
Here's a fucking clue. its the 360. jesus fuck. get over it.[/quote]
Hah. Hahahahhahaa

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Xbox Live rewards challenge sponsored by Old Spice.
Here is the info on last years challenge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Rewards

I am not participating in the current challenge, so I can't accurately comment on it.

That still doesn't make your mischaracterization of them as a "gimmick" any less inaccurate or biased.[/QUOTE]

No my analyzation of the situation is correct. IMO. You won and I definitely want to congratulate you on your winning of Frenzy 2, Starbucks coffee, Contra, and whatever else you won. The trick in this Acheivement contest is to get people to buy more games during that specific period of time so that they can increase their achievement score.

Well one things for certain Achievements do convince people to stick to the MS brand on multiplatform games... and I don't think you can honestly deny that. [that's the trick right there]

The Madden games don't reflect the previous year's season, Madden 09 will represent the 08-09 season. Favre is in only as an unlockable player--but I'm glad he is.

[quote name='mik']The Madden games don't reflect the previous year's season, Madden 09 will represent the 80-09 season. Favre is in only as an unlockable player--but I'm glad he is.[/quote]

Wait, i thought it was the 20th anniversary. Why is it covering 1980-2009?

[quote name='mik']The Madden games don't reflect the previous year's season, Madden 09 will represent the 08-09 season. Favre is in only as an unlockable player--but I'm glad he is.[/QUOTE]

in my defense I will say that the stats of the players reflect the past season but you are correct about the rosters, I was wrong.

[quote name='Wombat']in my defense I will say that the stats of the players reflect the past season but you are correct about the rosters, I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

the stats of the players do change as they update the rosters during the year.

[quote name='shipwreck']
You clearly are coming at this argument from only one side and it is apparent why you are assuming we are all three biased against the Playstation 3.[/quote]
Hear, hear. Fanboyism, whether it's PS3, Wii or Xbox 360 based is annoying. Most of it comes from a specific platform owner's fear that they made the wrong choice. Nobody wants to be the guy who ended up with an Atari Jaguar. So they get loud, going everywhere, saying that their platform is the best and everyone else is stupid.

That Chicken Parm really does look delicous. I wish I lived by Wombat so I could get one of those bad boys.

Finally got around to listening to the latest CAGcast, thanks for the shout-out! Cheapy, your Jabra headset should be waiting for you in Florida. I must admit that you can add me to the "sing karaoke in an empty house" club.

Would it be worth while to make a game cost $60 for the first week and then drop to $40 on the following week? This way, die hard fans will pay the extra to play on opening day, but the overall cost of games would drop...

Macbook
Wombat,

I too have recently purchased a macbook. Let me give you a slice of advice: Don't you dare pay them to upgrade your memory. It's insulting how much the charge. I actually got the 1 GB in the 2.4 system, bought a 4GB kit for $100 and took, oh... 50 seconds to install. Hardest part was finding the right sized screwdriver.

I'm very happy with the product and with Apple in general, but that's a tremendous failing on their part.

Call In Show
I like this format. All Games Interactive does something similar to this, it's a lot of fun.

On Videogame Prices
We went from Wombat being the ignorant slut to cheapy... Here's a small reason why video games cost more than DVDs. Because movies also show in theaters! While they assrape you there, getting a large portion of profit from movie theater owners, they can then turn around and make more profit off of DVD sales. I know you guys mentioned it, but it seriously costs MORE to take a date to a movie then it is to buy a DVD. I'm paying $20 and walking out with, what? Nothing. It's basically a $20 rental.

The day first run, new release video games are only available for 1 day rentals at $12 a pop, for 6-12 months, you can gripe. Until then... you're wrong.

[quote name='4nik8tor']jesus fucking christ.
we're 3 years into next gen and we're still arguing which console is better.
Here's a fucking clue. its the 360. jesus fuck. get over it.[/quote]
fail.jpg

I know how much we collectively ridiculue Fox News, so here's something I pulled from Harper's Weekly:

After Hillary Clinton proposed that she and Barack
Obama compete in a Lincoln-Douglas-style debate, Fox News
broadcast an image of Abraham Lincoln facing off against
ex-slave Frederick Douglass instead of 1860 Democratic
presidential nominee Stephen A. Douglas.

[quote name='Blaine']I know you guys mentioned it, but it seriously costs MORE to take a date to a movie then it is to buy a DVD. I'm paying $20 and walking out with, what? Nothing. It's basically a $20 rental.[/quote]Yeah, and I have a nice HDTV and a (cheap) surround sound system, so I'm not really losing anything by watching a movie at home. I've gone to the movies 3 times that I can think of in the past year. It's not worth the money.

I hate going to theatres, mainly because of the $10 a movie price tag. I don't mind paying $5 to see a movie in the morning, which is why I went on Sunday to see Made of Honor with my girlfriend. We saw Iron Man after without paying. Somehow it still banked $100 million without my $20. :roll:

Not finished with the episode yet but I wanted to say thanks to Cheapy for his statements about MGO. I agree wholeheartedly, and when expressing those sentiments I get completely villianized and become a "Sony hater" which just confuses the heck out of me.

Also wanted to echo Wombat's sentiments about Mario Kart Wii Online. I can't stand the online process for that game.

Great show guys so far guys!

EDIT: Also agree with wanting a nextgen Transformers G1 game and a GI Joe game. That would be awesomesauce.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Is the new show going to be out today or tomorrow? I forget when they said the next one will be. Going through a little withdrawl here![/QUOTE]

You didn't hear? cheapy retired

[quote name='Bezerker']Wait, i thought it was the 20th anniversary. Why is it covering 1980-2009?[/quote]

It's the 20th anniversary of the SERIES debut on the Apple II (maybe IBM PC also?) in 1988. The first console version didn't hit the Genesis until 1989, hence why Madden 2005 (released in 2004) had a 15th anniversary collector's edition and Madden 2009 (releasing in 2008) is having a 20th anniversary collector's edition even though it's just been 4 years.

I am in need of 10 different pokemon figures. I am missing Pupitar, Pineco, Snover, Azelf, Golem, Ralts, Claydol, Aron, Zapdos, and Budew. I was thinking about buying a collection from this LDU Company in China but I really don't need 288 pokemon figures, and that is the smallest collection that I see them listing on their website www.LDUcompany.com
I am trying to find a place to buy just the ten that I need. Has anyone ever bought pokemon characters from this LDU website? Oh yeah, here is a link to the page with all the pokemons http://www.liangdianup.com/pokemons_1.htm
Any ideas please post and let me know :)

bread's done
Back