CAGcast #143: As Hardcore As They Wanna Be

Damn it, Cheapy. Your sadness about the donation rate for Child's Play has convinced me to postpone getting in on that crazy deal for Bully and to help little children. I only put in a little bit for now, but if I find the scratch in the next week, I'll put in a few more bucks.

Cheapy,
I just donated to Child's Play through your link. You might want to alert listeners that if they use Firefox with some of the ad blocking plug-ins, the donation widget might not show up on the front page. I had to open the page in Internet Explorer so I could donate.
Which leads me to a follow-on question, do you have to backtrack the email address used on PayPal via ChipIn to figure out who the CAG is? Since I followed the link from IE, where I wasn't logged in with my CAG name, the only record of who donated is my email address...it never asked me for my CAG identity.
Just a heads up and a question...
/tk

[quote name='Del Far']Wow, I also watched King Corn as well and enjoyed it a whole lot, I'd highly suggest watching another documentary called Please Vote For Me about a 3rd grade class election in China.[/quote]

I saw and enjoyed both of those films last year on the PBS show "Independent Lens," which is a great way to catch these small, offbeat documentaries. Check your local PBS listings.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/

Hmm as a lifelong farmer who grows about 1000 acres of corn annually and who raised pigs for over a decade I should watch this documentary sometime. As someone with personal experience in agriculture I could tell the people who have seen it how much of it is fact and how much of it is bullshit. Documentaries usually seem to have bits of both so I try to not believe everything I see in them.

I just want to say there are a handful of reasons why farmers feed their livestock corn. For one thing its readily available to almost all farmers, where open pastures full of nice grass for grazing are not. Corn also does help the animals grow much quicker when combined with the right nutrients and minerals. When we raised pigs on our farm we gave them ground up corn that we would also mix with bags of minerals and nutrients (called Pre-Mix). The idea when raising livestock is to get the animals to gain weight as quickly and efficiently as possible without endangering them. We always tried to be as humane as possible considering raising pigs for market was part of how we made our living.

Anyways that's enough boring agriculture talk for one day :lol:. Good show as always guys, keep up the good work!

Hey Cheapy! With all your love of Netflix on xbox 360 as well as your love for all things related to toilets i'm suprised you haven't found Doggy Poo.

Here's the netflix description:

"This charmingly eccentric cartoon from Korea features a little mound of dog poo on a quest to find meaning and purpose in his life. Left all alone on the side of the road and feeling abandoned and helpless, he believes his life is without value. Luckily, the despondent poo is befriended by a dandelion sprite who helps him recognize his worth. "

I mean seriously, how could anyone not want to watch that?

hey Wombat, i thought Tropic Thunder was good too but not amazing like everyone said. it was decent. i think the fake trailers were damn funny tho. you should listen to the audio commentary cuz Robert Downey Jr is hilarious in it with his black voice.

and Cheapy, i just bought Saint's Row 2. maybe we can play together soon. they should pay you for pimpin their game so much. :)

[quote name='Xerxes']Yeah but X4s can be gotten for less the $50 plus shipped. A40s are a hard balled price. New X4s can be gotten for like $180 shipped(2-3 days). I'm looking into A40s and it's like $260 shipped(5 days). Also wireless means that much to some people.[/quote]

You make a good case. And I can understand choosing a wireless option and taking a minor hit on audio quality is worth it.

I currently don't own a headset at all for my 360. I own the Z5500 speaker system and noise has luckily not become an issue where i am currently staying, but it might be in the future. i'm very curious of what the best (compared to cost) gaming headset audio is out (wired or wireless) .

I'm not a audiophile, but if it's on a console I assume it's a A40 mixamp (although jvc makes dobly amp as well) and probably a high quality set of headphones. I keep seeing their are way better headphones than the ones that actually come with the A40 set.

But it also has like four wires.

Cheapy,

You seemed quite frustrated with the lack of donations to the Child's Play foundation this year through your Chipin widget. Wombat himself said it best stating that the economy here is not doing well, a lot of people want to hang onto their money nowadays. In the overall scheme of things Child's Play is doing quite well for itself raising well over $1,000,000 and there is still quite some time left for more donations. I say fret not Cheapy, we may not make $30,000 but I am quite sure we will make $20,000+ which ain't bad at all.

Cheapy D whats with the border-line homosexual net book? If your gannna​

waste money on crap that you dont need why not build a gaming PC??​

you couldnt even justify why you bought it other than "it looked cool".​

Your getting old and lazy cheapy d. what the hell

(btw) you can connect pc's to TV's...

netbooks are cool if you are traveling around with it. I don't think the guys wants to spend another 400 bucks to add in order to get a decent gaming pcs.

bread's done
Back