CAGcast #153: British Cosby

Great podcast guys!

At this rate, you'll have a large cast of characters to join the likes of Jewbeard and British Cosby.

Also, are we going to have a CAG game night next Sunday? Can I recommend Left 4 Dead?

[quote name='Wingwright']Also, are we going to have a CAG game night next Sunday? Can I recommend Left 4 Dead?[/quote]

Wombat, I think we should have a Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts game night at some point. I'm sure there were a bunch of us who picked up the game when it was on sale on Amazon for $20. :bouncy:

[quote name='steverl22']Damn fine show....jew bread your the man.
[/quote]

Jew BREAD. LOL. Good times.

I agreed with the feedback that Wombat/Jew Beard/Bread needs to do dramatic readings of pretentious reviews, or really anything that needs mocking.

Love you guys, keep up the good work.

I love how your Cheapy's wife has had her named mentioned in many things on the cagcast and numerous other videos. But for some reason, she's ashamed of the hotel video.

I'm pretty sure that means that she was really into it in a naughty way. Cheapy probably had the best sex of his life.

Nice show guys.

I agree that Sony should go the UMD-less route for the PSP2. Just add another analog nub, make the wireless features robust, and stuff as much HDD capacity as you can it it. Sony really needs to embrace the Steam/iTunes/whatever model of DL-only for their games. Or at least make it an option if they don't want to screw over retail stores.

From what I hear, a lot of games work (or at least get some kind of attention) on the iPhone because they're cheap; people are receptive to these micro-games because their $1-$2. I don't see why Sony can't set something up that's similar where devs can create these small titles and sell them on the cheap. That way, they'd have the best of both worlds: cheap, micro-games for $1 - $5, and fuller games that cost $20 - $30.

Hey CheapyD & Wombat, you guys mentioned that you had those Turtlebeach surround sound head/mic sets and you've spent so much time talking about how you're playing Killzone 2 I am wondering: What microphones are you guys using on your PS3 multiplayer sessions? I've only had my PS3 since Christmas and I want to yell at people online already like I do on my PC during Left 4 Dead.

Cheapy don't let any assholes tell you the mac mini isn't worth it! You enjoy that like I enjoyed shipwrecks mother.

that was nice of workman to offer a code for the contest. whatever happened to the workman podcast? another great show and I have to agree that wombat has been on top of his game lately.

Wombats British Cosby voice was very annoying. It would be greatly appreciated by yours truly if you refrained from doing that again. k thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pelf21']I have to disagree with the Indy 4 talk......the worst part of that movie is Karen Allen! Why is that woman smileing from ear to ear in every scene???[/quote]

Oh man, you just reminded me of another thing I hated about Indy 4

When she drives the jeep off the cliff only to be saved by a tree before being dumped into a water she looks like she's completely high, or just totally deranged. Not sure what she was going for with that look, but SHE JUST DROVE OFF A CLIFF, you think she'd be the slightest bit concerned.

HAHAHA, see Cheapy? we told you Indy IV was shit. thanks for agreeing with us. :)

btw, Cheapy, PLEASE go watch Wall-E. it's a beautiful film.

Wombat, you gotta check out Wanted. the story is stupid but the action is great. it's a popcorn flick and Morgan Freeman rules!

Hey guys awesome episode as usual.

I doubt you'll ever read so far down the thread, but just in case, I wanna say how much I appreciate the effort you make for your UK visitors. Your accents need a little work in this episode, but usually we Brits are pushed to the back of the shelf or just completely forgotten. So thanks for making the effort, especially since you're located in Japan and the US, and don't have any obvious motive for doing so.

Keep up the good work,
Andy

Cheapy,

I agree with you that there are little opportunities for listening to a podcast, and I also can't listen to someone talking while I'm doing something else. But podcast listening while playing games can work, if you play the right games. Listening while playing a mindless online game isn't hard at all. For example, I was listening to this podcast as I played Halo 3 online, no sweat. GoW, CoD, and games like castle crashers or geometry wars are also good games to play while listening.

P.S. PLZ CONTEST PRIZE THREAD GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whistle2:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Your video is still up on YouTube. After showing my wife the video, she agreed to go to one if we are ever in Tokyo. Sexual escapades galore!

hey cheapy and woMbat, thank You for a greaT show. i came to tHe sIte through itunes. Can't reMember when, About a year Point five Ago. i searChed itunes for gaming podKasts and gave yours a shot, been listening ever since. thx for cagcast and the site

Here's something you can mention in a future show:

I was customizing my front page recently when I noticed a module that has a link named "View CAG Team". It lists Cheap Executive Officer, and Moderators. Where's Wombat? He should get a title and listing in there at the very least.

So, I want to know why you watched the Indy movie (didn't seem to explain that much). I also would like to know based on your espertise (W and CheapyD) will this be the year of the PS3?

Great show. I just wanted to say that I also started visiting CAG because of the podcast. Although I had discovered the site before I started listening, it wasn't until I started to listen that I started frequenting the site. Eventually I took the big step and signed up. I'm so glad I did. This site has saved me so much and has compelled me to break from the release date habits.

I do the exact same thing as Cheapy with [not] listening to something and playing with my iphone. At work I'll have some spare time and start checking my e-mail and twitter on the iphone and completely miss everything said on whatever I'm listening to on my ipod. Then I'm like "oh yeah!" and have to rewind. I pretty much zone out whenever I focus on something, so playing games and listening to podcasts would be impossible for me also. At work with 10 hours to kill, that's a whole other story.

[quote name='Hero']Wombats British Cosby voice was very annoying. It would be greatly appreciated by yours truly if you refrained from doing that again. k thx.[/quote]

False. It was hilarious. And I expect to hear it on subsequent shows, haha.

By the time Cheapy was saying "we're probably being annoying" I was laughing out loud.

I dunno, maybe I just have an immature sense of humor :p.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I have to agree that it seems, to me, like backwards compatibility isn't that big a deal, and I think its because this gens Sony and Microsoft consoles made the jump to HD, making older PS2 games and Xbox originals look like crap no matter how much you upscale it.

I also think the price tag on this gens' consoles keep people from playing last gen games because who wants to spend $400 on a console and play LAST-gen games on it?!? To me, that's like buying a brand new car and dropping an old engine into it.

I'm not totally against backwards compatibility, but I once found myself playing a $10 PS2 game on my $500 PS3 and thought, did I not buy a PS3 to play PS3 GAMES?!?

Farmhouse Media

PS. Arrr, this show need more Jewbeard, says I.

In regards to Killzone 2 and password protecting rooms, I do agree that it's a great feature and is particularly great for setting up large rooms, however, I think when it comes to casual gaming and seeing a few friends online, it would require you to message them all anyways to tell them the password in the first place. It's either that or go outside the means of the console to tell them.

Where as the Xbox has the advantage of allowing game invites directly as Cheapy said and furthermore with the new party system, you can seemlessly never interrupt a conversation with some friends. It's not to say Live is perfect, far from that, but it manages to combine many useful features that are integrated into most every Live enabled game.

With that said, if PS3 were to glean some of these features to the PSN, it would be great and make the PS3 a much more enticing alternative to the 360. At that point, the only thing stopping me from getting a PS3 and selling off my 360 would be the 360 exclusive games. My 360 broke recently and is out of warranty so I'm one of many that really want to see the PS3 improve to make it a more enticing option.

I hope the next gen MSFT console keeps BC for 360 games. I've played Halo 2 and Dreamfall on my 360 and it was nice to have the ability to do so.

I missed having the achievement system and the guide available while playing original Xbox games, though. But the next gen console should be building upon those features and so the old 360 games should be compatible with the new infrastructure. I want to be able to transition from the 360 to the new system with my Gamertag seamlessly.

There are a lot of games on the 360 that are going to become classics. It would be sad to see them left behind or brought forward with not 100% compatibility.

Hello, i am new to CAG and I think that is awesome that you have organized this community in which gamers alike can save money on the things they love, especially in the economy's condition. Being the frugal, brilliant (and modest) person that I am, shopping for bargains has always been a second nature to me. I am only 15, though my friends look to me to find the best deals on the interwebs. I will tell them about this site and the wonders it does, because it makes everything easier. Thanks for everything, plus the podcasts are cool too.
-Sme11

P.S. I was playing Scategories with my family a couple of weeks ago and the letter was "I." It just happened to be the round where they ask for an item in a refrigerator... I put down "Indiana Jones" of course!

I find backwards compatibility to be a very important feature. Being not only a gamer, but also a collector of games, I find myself with an ever growing backlog of games for older systems. Especially once we took the jump to disc based systems that tend to break after time, I am really fond of being able to use my current systems to play my entire collections. Besides, without BC I wouldn't be using my PS3 for much of anything when everything released multiplatform seems to be better on 360.

Hello Cheapy D and Wombat, enjoyed the show as always. I just wanted to say that I frequent the site more often as a result of listening to the CAGcast.

Also, I was happy to finally hear the CAGs on news song this podcast. I haven't heard that in a while! Will you make any more little songs like that for other parts of the show?

Keep up the great work!

long time listener first time to the site see cheapy and wombat another from podcast to site listener lol keep up the good work i love the podcast

Cheapy,
Which MAC mini did you get is the price in Japan comparable to America? I have been wanting to get a computer video server for my TV and wanted to know\hear more.

Cheapy, you mentioned your Internet Space Pimp-edness a lot on this weeks show. It makes the rest of us jealous to hear it over and over.

Hey I just wanted to add that I too was brought to the site because of the cagcast but not because I wanted something to listen to. I was doing a report on video game violence and found the episode when Cheapy and Wombat interviewed that one guy (I forget his name) about the topic. I was so impressed with both the show and the site that I've been coming back since.

Man, I'm looking forward to listening tomorrow to Wombat's outrage about the Family Game Night stuff.

To be honest, what I'm most irritated about is that Scrabble (and potentially Boggle) are using a US dictionary and aren't available in the UK. I love both those games, and the more I think about it the more I don't mind paying six quid for either of them - it's just that I thought it would be 800 all in at first.

I agree 800 for Connect Four is bullshit, though.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']False. It was hilarious. And I expect to hear it on subsequent shows, haha.

By the time Cheapy was saying "we're probably being annoying" I was laughing out loud.

I dunno, maybe I just have an immature sense of humor :p.[/quote]

haha same here. i think if you dont like their sense of humor go listen to a different podcast

Jesus' Bush;5634557]Cheapy and Wombat said:
I don't agree with all of this, but I will say that sometimes I think you guys feel obligated to talk about news that you really have no interest in. For example, most weeks it sounds like you have to go out of your way to find something to talk about for Nintendo. I would just say skip it in that case. I would also like to hear more about games and less about industry news.

[quote name='Willeth']Man, I'm looking forward to listening tomorrow to Wombat's outrage about the Family Game Night stuff.

To be honest, what I'm most irritated about is that Scrabble (and potentially Boggle) are using a US dictionary and aren't available in the UK. I love both those games, and the more I think about it the more I don't mind paying six quid for either of them - it's just that I thought it would be 800 all in at first.

I agree 800 for Connect Four is bullshit, though.[/quote]

What I think is fucked up is that they're not putting out Monopoly with these games, but instead expect us to buy some bullshit $40USD edition that gets crap reviews. How long will it take for these asshats to put out a multiplayer Monopoly with the ability to turn off the stupid music and animated Uncle Pennybags?

bread's done
Back