CAGcast #163: The White Video Game Podcast Xperience - Red Faction Edition

I'm amazed there are people out there who never drink alcohol, or smoke cigarettes. I mean, that would be the only way you could really speak from your pedestals about the evils of marijuana without being a complete hypocrite. It's a shame people only see marijuana users as your stereotypical stoner, sitting around all day ranting about how awesome pot is.

Most of us have jobs, lives, and families to support as well. Have you ever come home after a hard day at work and cracked open a beer to wind down? Replace that beer with a joint and all of a sudden it's wrong. Some people sicken me.

[quote name='Wombat']

Halo 3 is 39.99

LBP & Fable 2 were released around the same and were both big exclusive holiday titles, from a retail standpoint I would say the comparison is quite valid.

What game has more paid content Gears 2, Fable or LBP?
[/QUOTE]

Yes but Halo 3 has been out since September of 2007, is it not also valid to point out that this should be a Platinum Hits by now? Same with Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, why is this game still retailing for $10 less than Call of Duty 5? Its because they are big blockbuster games and sell well. X-Box is known for shooters like Halo, Gears of War and that is why those games are still expensive. Platformers and RPG's do not appeal to the 360 demographic core audience like shooters do. That is why with platformers and RPG's they cut the price to move more units and hope the consumer takes a chance on the franchise.

Now I admit that Sony is taking longer for them to come out with Greatest Hits, though you guys are leaving out the biggest offender here, its not Sony nor Microsoft its NINTENDO!! New Super Mario Brothers for the DS that came out on 05/06 still retails for $34.99. Super Mario Brothers Galaxy that came out in late 2007 still retails for $49.99 as does Mario Party 8, Metroid Prime 3 and Pokemon Battle Revolution that came out in 2007 as well. At least Sony has a Greatest Hits for PS3 and PSP. Where is the "Players Choice" for the Wii and DS?

This was a great cagcast with the hilarious doug willams game joke. As for Cheapy, you should just scrub of your shoulder with the people hating on you for talking weed on cag 162. I bet that they are just jealous that they don't have a big bag of weed of their own.
Keep up the good work.

[quote name='pentacube']I'm amazed there are people out there who never drink alcohol, or smoke cigarettes. I mean, that would be the only way you could really speak from your pedestals about the evils of marijuana without being a complete hypocrite.[/QUOTE]:raises hand: I did buy a pack of wine coolers by accident (which my ex-girlfriend assures me was hilarious) but still aside from that never bothered with it. I have friends that drink and a few that smoke(both). Long as I don't have to breath the stuff I don't particularly care. Until the laws change there's still a very legal difference between a beer and a joint. I'm not sure what I've stolen in my life (I'm sure maybe something sometime) but if I spent 60% of the show talking about how on vacation from work I hung out with some of my old college buddies and ripped off a mom and pop game store for some 64 carts for kicks I wouldn't care but I would fully expect at least SOME backlash.

[quote name='Wolfkin']that sig is WAY too distracting.[/QUOTE]

I agree. But now it is eating at me trying to figure out who she is and what movie that is from.

dude don't bother i spent like 45 minutes going thru links in that forum trying to figure it out. all evidence pointed to her being one of those underage non-nude models. and then i found myself checking the website and finding nude previews and it was just a mental mess.

Hey there Cheapy and the ever-magnificent Wombat,

After listening to the latest CAGcast it seemed as though there were a lot of people complaining about your "weed talk". I don't understand why people get so worked up over something so insignificant. As a fellow stoner and gamer, I feel that someone should tell you not to let these people hold your thoughts back. It's your show and you dictate the content that is discussed. Like you said, half the show is about poop. People should get off their high horses and stop acting so offended over something which you hardly spend any time talking about. You are an adult which means that you are allowed to make your own choices. I wonder if these people would be as upset if you were telling stories about how you had been drunk?

Also, if I could recommend a documentary avaliable on Netflix, The Union: The Business Behind Getting High is both entertaining and informative. It has a fairly biased approach to the subject matter, but it dispells a lot of misconceptions about marijuana.

[quote name='Wolfkin'] but if I spent 60% of the show talking about how on vacation from work I hung out with some of my old college buddies and ripped off a mom and pop game store for some 64 carts for kicks I wouldn't care but I would fully expect at least SOME backlash.[/QUOTE]

Except..you know.. your example isn't a victimless crime. Even as a staunch non-smoker, I can recognize that there is no possible way to harm others if you're hanging out by yourself in a hotel room smoking weed.

Great show guys. I agree with a previous poster that this episode was back on track after a few semi-miss shows for me. I thought the BCE running joke was pretty funny as well.

In addition, I recall there being some mention/complaint of the iPhone camera during the show (if I'm getting my podcasts mixed up, excuse me). An awesome solution for that is the app Darkroom. Instead of snapping a photo when you hit the shutter button, it will wait until the camera is still to capture a photo. Haven't had a blurry picture since I've gotten it. Its free, btw.

Dammit Cheapy, between you and the guys on the Giant Bombcast, I finally broke and paid full price for Red Faction. It's the first time I've paid full price for a game in over a year.

I do have to say though that it is an insane amount of fun!

[quote name='FredZeppelin']

After listening to the latest CAGcast it seemed as though there were a lot of people complaining about your "weed talk". I don't understand why people get so worked up over something so insignificant..[/QUOTE]

cause is it fucking BORING!

The only thing more uninteresting than getting high is hearing someone talk about it.

another great show guys, I think you guys just talked me into buying Red Faction, the last game I remember both of you gushing about at the same time was Rainbow six Vegas 2, which I promptly went out and bought on your suggestion and loved every minute of. Keep up the good work!

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I'm probably the only black person still listening to your show, but I just wanted to say I don't think you hate black people. I do think your like a lot of white (not all) males who can be clueless and insensitive sometimes just to make a joke.

Like on the last show when you thought it was funny to make fun of the game, The Black College Football Experience, why you thought it was funny, I don't know, you where just being a clueless asshole.

I also listened to the show when you asked Wombat, was the woman black who asked him to buy her a fish sandwich. Why you asked that question, I don't know, you were just being an insensitive asshole.

That being said, I do like how you say what's on your mind without censoring yourself to much. You sound like a prick sometimes, but that's okay, that's why people tune in.

I will continue listening to your show because I think you and Wombat are funny and very entertaining.:applause: Unless the show starts to become like your idols show, Howard Stern.:bomb: That's when I will say goodbye.

Thanks Slick62

P.S. I love Red Fraction Guerrilla!

Holy fuck! that is one big ass Lobster!! Great show

Also, i have my fingers crossed that your job is safe Wombat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show guys..I don't get the E3 criticism...boring by the numbers reciting of facts is why I stopped listening to every other video game podcast. Well, that plus I got tired of all of them telling me why LBP was going to change the world. :)

bread's done
Back