CAGcast #173: Life is a Type 6 Stool

Great show guys.

And shipwreck, you are so sexy. Don't tell your wife I said that.

Keep up those excellent and detailed reviews.

which one of you needed to blow their nose i can hear your nose whistling through the whole damn show.shipwreck actually represented the funny on this one he had the best jokes. damn shame about your wife lookin at you dirty cheapy for jerkin the gerkin learn to masturbate without causing a bed quake or at least use your wifes hand to do it that way when she wakes up pretend you were asleep too and that youre offended that shed do that to you while you were asleep.

Dreams come true on twitter...unless your dream is to be considered as legitimate media coverage ;)

The point of the PSPGo is to sell PS3's by making it look like a better value :whistle2:$

Shipwreck does the best reviews on CAG, by a wide margin. We needs more.

RIP to Ship's cat, sad news indeed.

Cheapy's mattress story also made me lose it, everyone within a ten foot vicinity was wondering what the hell was wrong with me here at home, great stuff.

Also, Shipwreck is awesome, he's such a cool down-to-earth video gamer that isn't jaded or effected by popular consensus. He likes what he likes, and he sticks by it.

Ship - Sorry to hear about your cat. How old was he exactly? I've got a brother/sister pair that are 15 now - both hanging in there but I think they both have kidney problems. Any tips from Mrs. Ship for that sort of thing?

Anyway, I had never heard the deal with Demon's Souls about it being even harder now. All I read said that it was pretty damn hard to begin with. I have the deluxe version preordered from Amazon and now I'm not so sure I even want it. I just don't have the time to retry levels dozens of times. But if it is really that bad, maybe we can count on a patch.

And Wombat - what forum are you reading where people are pushing the Wii controls for first person shooters!? CAG is pretty much anti-Wii on down the line (Ship being a bright exception in that he actually gives it a chance ;)). (I did happen to think the controls for Metroid Prime 3 were awesome, but then I don't really enjoy playing most FPS games).

I do agree with your Scribblenauts critique though as I ran into the same problem in my very brief time playing it while on my trip last week. However, the game is still pretty damn unique and awesome. And the hat looks good on my 22 month old (see my avatar).

Sad news about Shipwreck's cat.

My mother still has the cat we found outside our house as a lost kitten back around the time when OJ Simpson was arrested (for murder), so she's over 15 years old now.

Great show, fellas. Cheapy...you're a sick, sick man. Better be careful, or your wife will start getting jealous of your bed!

Shipwreck is every real man's hero.

The bristol stool chart !! LMAO.... I live in bristol and that stupid chart is everywhere, especially in hospitals...

Great show as always !

Nice show guys, but PLEASE no more Cagbag questions asking for Cheapy's approval on a planned purchase, specifically those involving the PS3 or 360. It amazes me how people need other people's approvals to justify their purchases.

P.S. Shipwreck is a fine reviewer and a credit to society.

I can feel for Shipwreck's loss. I lost my cat a year or so ago and it is still hard.

Shipwreck is a good guy, even having never met him I can tell he is a decent guy, and a very strong reviewer.

Shipwreck's like a nice type 5 stool, soft and easy going! It really is good to hear from shipwreck. If not for the deluge of reviews I would have thought he died in a terrible housefire or something for the lack of Foreplay's.

Keep up the good (?) work (?) fellas...

This is totally just my opinion here, but I feel as if the 'coolness' factor is completely gone from the PSP. When the PSP first came out and I was eager to get my hands on one I answered questions about the system from many non-gamers ranging from my co-workers all the way to my mom & sister-in-law. The PSP had a 'WOW' factor, and they were interested in it as a entertainment devices (music, movies and maybe a game or two).

Fast forward to today and all those people who were asking me about the PSP found exactly what they wanted in either a iPhone or iTouch. The PSPgo will never be able to compete with those devices in that crowd.

On the flipside, by nixing the UMD drive and providing nothing in the way of a loyalty program Sony has shot itself in the foot when it comes to PSP supporters. I am a huge fan of the PSP, I've had mine since launch - but what does the PSPgo have to offer me? The inability to play my library of PSP games? Thanks Sony, but I'm not quite sure if I'm willing to pay $250 for that.

Not to mention as a CAG, I don't think I want to be in a position where I can only consume digital content on my device ESPECIALLY when it comes to the uncertain quality of PSP games. I'm not opposed to downloading games from the PSN store, I have several already on my PSP, I'm just not ready for that to be my only option. Perhaps if Sony adjusted the prices for these downloads, but they have clearly stated they are not going to be doing.

If Sony included free Shipwreck wallpapers on the PSPgo then none of this would matter and it would be a HUGE success. How glorious a sight that would be... ahhh, dare to dream...

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the Cagcast with all three of you,personally I like the long form cagcast.and chili .....Iloves me some 'natti style chili.

R.I.P. Remo ...................cats rule !

As someone who also had to put down his childhood cat(Goldie) earlier this year, I wanted to pass along my condolences to Shipwreck.

Cheapy really needs to get over this poop fetish...it's getting creepy.

Also, shipwreck really should be on the CAGcast more often, its good to have a less poopy, less jewey (is that even a word, either way it's probably not kosher...zing!) perspective.

Shipwreck is awesome. He adds a lot to the Cheapy/Wombat dynamic (or the Hbomb/E*Master dynamic- come back to CBG anytime), plus he's the only one of CAG's "Big Three" that gives us the time of day.

It's a shame Foreplay's in hiatus. I hope the Ships can get their schedules in sync soon.

I've beaten NFS Shift and never experienced the bug that supposedly tries to connect to PSN, so unless somebody can post instructions on how to recreate, it's probably fake. I've experienced one bug, which was fairly major since it gave points in a series to the wrong drivers to make the difficulty higher than it should've been. That's all and I could get around it by playing on easy for that series and switching back for the final race.

I've never gotten the appeal of Bayonetta, which may be because Devil May Cry doesn't really interest me at all. Releasing it over here at around the same time frame as God of War 3 and Dante's Inferno, which I'm quite a bit more interested in over Bayonetta.

MUA was just a boring, tedious mess, so I'm skipping the sequel unless I can get it for $10 or so.

By first level of the Demon's Souls review build, do you mean the tutorial level, Shipwreck? Or do you mean the first world you can access from the hub world? I got through most of the first level from the hub world and just found it boring since there didn't seem to be any interesting reasons to keep going since enemies only drop herbs and little loot, if any.

Shipwreck needs to take a page out of Bobby Kotick's playbook and figure out how to exploit CAG Foreplay for massive profit.

Just make Shipwreck the third member of the CAGcast and merge CAG Foreplay into the show since you guys do new releases anyway and he can add to the games discussion, as well. It's win-win for everyone. (+1 contest entry)

after the download finished and I saw this podcast was a bit under 2 hours...I was expecting another boring show that just kept on going on and on (and most of it was!)

Cheapy, your TGS stories weren't that bad and actually interesting. I would have walked away quickly if I saw some fucker who tried to sue me. You think anyone who was at TGS (that also listens) knows about your doody duties (what types were they anyway ;)?)

For some reason Wombat seemed to be the one leftout of the conversions (as Shipwreck is usually the one when there's a threesome). Any article about the Samsung LCD issue? I have a Samsung LCD but a different model (was it a specific line or something?).
Oh and nice side comments as always :applause:.

It was good to hear Shipwreck in most of the conversations this time. I'm curious though, do you usually get niche or low name games in for review? I was looking for an ODST review up.
The Disgaea games are very cruel if you fail a mission/episode from what I recall. Demon's Soul is the first [Japanese developed] game I've heard where the difficulty is upped in a foreign version. I'm looking to try the game if I ever pick up a PS3. Also I think there has been reverse situations where game difficulty has been lowered (or made so that the player has more powerups etc) such as in the Fire Emblem series (may only be gba).
Everyone has to love Shipwreck even if he's one of the nerdiest guys around :D.

oh and Cheapy's last story about his sex dream had me loling again. It's great whenever his asinine stories make me laugh. Ship and Wombat laughing in the background also add to it. Just a quick question Cheapy, what do you parents think of these types of stories (any Cheapy moment for that matter) when they listen to the shows?

I really would not mind receiving a umd psp-go version of Dissidia :cool:

Agree 100% with the thoughts regarding the PSPgo. I was really excited with the announcement right until they dropped that $250 price tag on everyone. I see a possible price drop/sale for the holidays coming, but even then it makes it harder to buy when you see the cheaper PSP-3000 right next to it.

Anyway, awesome show this week guys. Cheapy and Wombat seemed a bit more energetic this week. Great to hear Shipwreck again, and that he hasn't been burnt out on gaming after churning out so many reviews for CAG. $This is definitely the show that proved Ship should be a permanent 3rd seat. That, and he's the only one that plays/knows about the weird games that Cheapy and Wombat don't.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']By first level of the Demon's Souls review build, do you mean the tutorial level, Shipwreck? Or do you mean the first world you can access from the hub world? I got through most of the first level from the hub world and just found it boring since there didn't seem to be any interesting reasons to keep going since enemies only drop herbs and little loot, if any.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I mean the level after the tutorial level. I was actually really looking forward to the game after what I played at E3, but I'm just not good enough to play it.

[quote name='Gamer SDP'] Demon's Soul is the first [Japanese developed] game I've heard where the difficulty is upped in a foreign version. I'm looking to try the game if I ever pick up a PS3. Also I think there has been reverse situations where game difficulty has been lowered (or made so that the player has more powerups etc) such as in the Fire Emblem series (may only be gba).[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy VII was the first I heard about. Ruby and Emerald Weapon were NA exclusive until FFVII International. Urban myth is that those bosses were put in to test the "smack talk" of US gamers in how good they were. Especially after OUR version of FFIV (II) was largely criticized since we got an "easy" or "properly balanced" version in the states.

Devil May Cry 3 also had our Normal being Japan's Hard, so on and so forth. It's not as uncommon as you think. Working Designs was positively infamous for this and a couple games were nearly impossible to beat because of it. Course Working Designs was also infamous for ruining translations with pop culture references.... why is a 14th century village quoting Austin Powers again?

Cheapy, this is in regards to the boycotting comment about Modern Warfare 2: No matter what stupid moron (who in all actuality has little to do with the development) is in charge of Activision, if a game is GOOD people will BUY it. If Modern Warfare 2 ends up sucking more ass than a New York whore then it really doesn't matter if Bobby Kotick decides he's not charging enough for his games, people won't buy it.

On the same note, if Kotick decides to come out tomorrow and say, "Anyone who buys Modern Warfare 2 is a shit stain on the bottom of my heel", people will still buy it because it's not about him. It's about the franchise that we've spent so much time in to just walk away completely from because of a moron who we've only ever read about on the internet.

So whenever a boycott is mentioned it seems kind of silly to say we're not buying a game solely for the fact that the developer's bosses are complete morons (after all how many of us have that my-boss-is-an-idiot problem).

3 man show = worth waiting for .

Now you guys can have a new excuse for delaying the shows . ;)

I have a broken 60 GB PS3 and have no money to get it fixed' but I was going to send it to a 3rd party repair service .
I have no interest in getting someone else's 60 GB unit in it's place .
So, I have to wait and miss Uncharted 2 [for now] .

Maybe I should tweet about it .
I need more followers for anyone to give a shit though .

Maybe all of the CAGs should follow each other so we can have a Twitter union to be heard better .

It worked for Wombat's TV problem, and I think it's a good idea if you guys can put the word out on the show .

Also maybe add the twitter names to people profiles on the site too !

Thanks Cheapy .

Also twitter = Richlough [let's get this thing started]

Yeah, Ship's right, Foreplay is no fun without Mrs. Ship. Hopefully schedules will work out soon.

How come I'm always in public when the hilarious stories start? Do you realize how hard it is to hold back the laughter? Even when I crack a smile there's always someone looking right at me.

BTW, Ship has to be the most organized person ever... I mean, have you seen that list of games? I bet everything is labeled in the basement, isn't it? And always well informed about what games are coming out. Even without a Foreplay to work on Ship'll be able to tell us about the new games.

Damn, Shipwreck not being able to pass the first level of Demon Souls has me worry now. I don't mind a difficult game, but six hours and no progress, this isn't FFXI, there is no need for that much wasted time.

My friend and I are actually going to boycott Activision. I know our two person boycott won't mean much in the grand scheme of things but it's just how I feel. I was a bit interested in CoD6 but after all those things he has said and rehashes they're releasing, it seems like I won't miss much. I have no need for Tony Hawk or DJ Hero, and I'm a bit sick of fps now. So it's kind of a boycott and kind of a lack of interest in the product.

Cheapie's voice broke a few times as Wombat was pounding on him for his lack of work and lack of memory.

Cheapie seems lonelier than ever. I think the Japan thing is getting to him. It's a slow slow descent into insanity.

He continues to pray to Stern at least 10 times during the show. His bits are his prayers.

Ship continues towards his gaming goal - more than 1 billion served.

Wombat seemed a bit so-so this session except for getting on Cheapie's ass and talking about Scribnauts. (btw, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 was horribly generic as well. The only folks looking past that were, well, folks like Wombat - big comic nerds who see superheroes instead of dollar signs.)

The big W also had some new jealousy issues with Ship cutting into his time and old issues like Cheapie having a big old internet golden goose all to himself. So close yet so far. Must be painful.

Cheapie is a 360 fanboy. He really perks up when he gets to the 360 section. Or does that just coincide with him getting some dick on bed action during the show. I guess during the show it would be dick on bottom of desk action. Maybe Grandma O was giving him a backrub.

Ship is the Opie or Beaver of the videogame podcasting world. Maybe he can bring in the Christian and full-time Mom demographic by making a few more appearances. Wait, Stool and Dick on Bed talk make that difficult. Well there's always Oprah.

btw, whether deliberate or not it seems like a good thing to get the site more into game reviews as a side business as long as it doesn't distract from the main mission at hand.

Great show this week. Loved the bed humping story - Eric the Midget would be proud, Cheapy. ;)

Sorry to hear about your cat, Shipwreck! My wife and I just had to put our oldest cat to sleep recently as well. Such a hard thing...

Cheapy, I'd heard Jimmie Mac got eliminated from Hell's Kitchen. Since I don't have the patience to watch FOX reality shows I was hoping you could give us a recap of what happened on the next CAGcast.

Loved the CAGcast, it is always nice to have Shipwreck on the CAGcast to mix things up. CheapyD's bed humping story was awesome, it's one of the reasons I listen to the CAGcast every chance I get! :) Keep the greatness coming CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck!

Sorry to hear about your cat Shipwreck, any plans on getting a new bundle of joy to fill the gap?

Shipwreck keep up all the fantastic work with all the game reviews, you're a awesome game reviewer! Also, I'm lookin' forward to the next CAG Foreplay and more video reviews!

Once again another podcast that was worth the wait! I just want to hear more from Shipwreck...When is thenext episode of CAG Foreplay coming?

I caught most of Cheapy D's TGS coverage on twitter and I'm happy to know where the best bathroom is, if I ever get to go.

I could not agree more with Wombat's comments on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. It really didn't feel like an Ultimate Alliance, like the first one.

Shipwreck ...... You also said stuff

I'm so glad that the PSP Go has come out, so I can download more games for my launch unit. After 4 years, it's still good enough for me.

Shipwreck, I'm sorry about your cat. Having to put down pets sucks, especially when you've had them for so long.

I was laughing a lot during this CAGcast.. thanks and keep it up. I laughed a lot during Cheapy's sex with the bed story and the stanima part. And Shipwrek is an excellent CAG always getting those free games in. :)

I don't see any other news stories at all in relation to the difficulty being increased. I asked this question earlier in a different forum (NeoGAF) and it seems many people are under the impression that the game does not have gameplay changes, just translatic tweaks.

Correct godofcookery there has been no changes to the American version of Demon's Souls aside from some small verbiage changes here and there.

bread's done
Back