CAGcast #173: Life is a Type 6 Stool

I totally agree with Cheapy on the subject of Halo's story and gameplay. The single player of Halo is boring and the story makes little to no sense. Master Chief is a boring character with no personality to speak of. The only time I have ever enjoyed playing a Halo game was playing co-op, and that's only because pretty much anything is enjoyable when playing co-op.

Also, ODST is a total ripoff because it was originally going to be a download-able game on Xbox Live Market Place for $15-$20. Then they jack up the price and put on a disk because they know all the Halo fan boys will buy it without a second thought. fuck you Microsoft.

Shipwreak was wrong about Demon's Soul and making the game more difficult for the US audience. As far as I was told, Atlus made region specific servers, text and UI adjustments. Gameplay was unaffected.
Yes it is very difficult game but I am sure Shipwreak could beat this game if he gets over that 2nd boss hump. (Pick Royal Class!).

Yup, it appears I mispoke about the increase in gameplay difficulty. Sorry about the confusion. It's still a very difficult game. I know plenty of people are up to the challenge as I've seen many people online have played through the game, so if it's a game that interests you definitely give it a shot. Again, sorry for the misinformation.

I was impressed by Shipwreck's contribution to the CAGcast this week, and in fact, the CAgcast itself! I really enjoyed this episode and I think Shipwreck should make more appearances on the show. Keep up the great work! :D

Shipwreck saying its challenging says something about the difficultly. Many developers are known to make changes in looks / gameplay based on regions. Thanks for addressing the confusion on Demon's Soul and having the integrity to not write a review on partial game experience. Keep up the reviews on the smaller titles!

:applause: Cheapy's TGS 09 coverage was top notch! I can see screenshots, interviews, & gameplay footage on a billion other sites. I loved getting updates from a regular guy checking out TGS.

:booty:It's official, Wombat's a minor celebrity on twitter!

:cry: Moment of silence for Shipwreck's loss.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yup, it appears I misspoke about the increase in gameplay difficulty. Sorry about the confusion. It's still a very difficult game. I know plenty of people are up to the challenge as I've seen many people online have played through the game, so if it's a game that interests you definitely give it a shot. Again, sorry for the misinformation.[/QUOTE]

What part exactly did you get stuck at? Demon's Souls is difficult, but it's not unfair. In the first level there are three shortcuts throughout the castle that you find which will lead back to the beginning so that if you die, you don't have to go through the entire level again. If you take the first world slowly, one creature at a time, it should be very doable. There's only one guy (red knight) who is really difficult and he is easily avoidable far off the path of where you need to go. In fact, he should be avoided until you level up more. All the other baddies can be handled with relative ease so long as you're paying attention - moving slowly with your guard up.

One more thing, the class that you start out with makes a big difference in how the difficulty will play out. Maybe for the E3 demo you started out with an easier class. The Royal is definitely the easiest to start out with because you get a magic regen ring that lets you stand back and cast spells at enemies from a safe distance. If you're having a big problem with combat perhaps the Royal would be a good start for you.

Enjoyed the show this week, it was nice getting so much actual video game feedback!

Definitely enjoyed having Shipwreck on as well. His game reviews always seem pretty spot on.

And is it just me, or is the Shipwreck figure from the GI JOE movie line, one of the only decent looking ones?

Gotta agree with Wombat on Ultimate Alliance 2, I played only the first 2 levels and just felt bored as hell, the gameplay doesn't feel updated at all, it just dragged on those 2 levels... I'll get back to it at some point though.

And Shipwreck is hot as fuck, he should be on more often or I'll start going through withdrawals.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yup, it appears I mispoke about the increase in gameplay difficulty. Sorry about the confusion. It's still a very difficult game. I know plenty of people are up to the challenge as I've seen many people online have played through the game, so if it's a game that interests you definitely give it a shot. Again, sorry for the misinformation.[/QUOTE]

thanks for addressing the misinformation! Either way, I played a bunch of the Asian release (Getting the american one as it was announced soon after my game was shipped) and yeah, its hard. I found the Royal Class to be pretty good to start with. Thanks for the integrity on not reviewing it because you werent able to play through a sizeable chunk of the game.

I felt like this week's show felt a bit more cohesive than previous week's shows. I enjoyed hearing Ship on the show (though was sorry to hear about his cat, that's always a big pile of suck).

Hope that the Foreplay comes back at some point...I know that everybody loves mrs. ship but maybe ships brother-in-law can be a fill-in when schedules get too hectic (if I remember right, he lives close to them and is also a CAG).

Keep more shows like this coming, guys!
/tk

Wombat just listen to the costume part in MA2, Im thinking that Activision is going to have people pay for more costumes. Also is the game worth getting at full price. Otherwise nice show guys.

I prefer shorter podcasts (an hour or less is best), but I think the show seems to flow a lot better with Shipwreck along with Wombat and Cheapy. Shipwreck's more intimate knowledge of the games themselves really helps the show.

I know how most people feel about kojima, I personally credit him with my second venture into games. I get why he is treated like the rock star. Also I have said it before, Shipwreck is the greatest thing in Cincy and close second is Skyline Chili.

Grah, I decided to pop in Marvel Ultimate Aliance 1 and from what wombat said about MUA 2, it sounds like I'd like MUA 2 more.

By the way, Shipwreck is awesomely awesome.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yup, it appears I mispoke about the increase in gameplay difficulty. Sorry about the confusion. It's still a very difficult game. I know plenty of people are up to the challenge as I've seen many people online have played through the game, so if it's a game that interests you definitely give it a shot. Again, sorry for the misinformation.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to apologize for. Atlus games are HARD. I applaud people who like and can handle the challenge but I agree with you three in that if I get frustrated in a game, there are literally three more that can easily take it's place. I've embraced the fact that I'm weak.

Really liked this episode so far. Sounds like you guys all had a great time, and all three of you got in some pretty good zingers that had me cracking up.

I like Shipwreck because he's genuine and doesn't try too hard to be funny. I'll still think he's a nice guy even if I don't win Dissidia.

Great episode this week :D
Also, I think shipwreck is very entertaining and I think he should be on the cagcast more often.

great show. If I saw Hideo Kojima I would most likely wake up the next morning attempting sex with my bed.

Wombat- What's wrong with ribs and mashed potatoes? I find it to be a pretty common combo.

Also, I am assuming you guys have gotten your electronics, or other things, fixed via twitter because you are "power players" on CAG (and have followers). A company like panasonic may think if Wombat shits on our TV others will not buy it because his weight has some weight to it.

Nice show! Shipwreck brings a lot to the CAGcast, it's always more interesting when he's around, if not just for the fact that I identify with his gaming tastes more than Cheapy or Wombat.

And please don't "do anything" with the CAG Foreplay franchise! Aside from the occasional guest show, it wouldn't be right without both of the Shipwrecks, as there's a dynamic there that I don't think can be replaced. I'd rather have shorter Foreplays less often than lots of lengthy not-really-Foreplays without both hosts.

~Justme8800

PS, just to be clear, Ship rocks even more than Cheapy and Wombat, and that's saying something.

I actually like Shipwreck on "third mic". He has a good down-to-earth quality and plays a lot of similar games that I do, so I can genuinely relate to him. Oh and that praying mantis story was humorous and disturbing simultaneously. Nicely played!

Anyone else think its weird half of the responses are talking about if the show was good or not and tries to be the CAG Managerial Staff. Just enjoy the show, lol.

Anyway, good show. Entertaining. And that's good, because we have just about nothing in common when it comes to videogames, lol. Play Halo for the single player? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You know whats funny as hell? My wife just moved to Nebraska and we had never seen praying mantis' just hanging about. I thought it was really cool but my wife and mom were creeped right the hell out. We don't have them up here in the cold north.

Shipwreck, you....are....so....beautiful...tooo mee....can't you seeee...
hehe jk man. Your reviews are great, have a very pleasant day!

It sounds like they should put a skull and crossbones label on Demon's Souls with a warning "May induce broken controllers and blinding rage". It has a 90% on metacritic, but if I were to buy it I'd probably have to ebay it after an hour. I don't like anything much harder than Ratchet and Clank.

Shipwrecks knowledge of gaming and reviews defiantly add to the cagcast and make it more informative. Not that 1.5 hours of shit eating and getting free stuff from Microsoft doesn't make for a good show too :)

bread's done
Back