CAGcast #200: Jews Gone Wild

Congrats! THis was a great show, and it seems that this threesome is really starting to gel. At the beginning, it seemed that Ship was sitting back and listening more than actually participating, and now, it has all come together with his comments as well. Nice job! THis and the Joystiq podcast are really the only two videogame podcasts I tune in every week.

I haven't listened to the CAGcast in almost a year, but I downloaded it again just for the 200th episode. I wasn't surprised to find that my taste still couldn't differ more than Cheapy's (especially with Mario Galaxy), but at least the podcast was entertaining. Congrats on 200 Cheapy!

[quote name='shipwreck']Wow, we've really gone down hill since you said this 9 episodes ago...[/QUOTE]

I also said this 3 shows ago (the techtonic farts episode), you must have overlooked that while browsing my comments. That was the podcast that changed my mind about it. Its understandable you would only pull one of the two positive comments Ive posted about it while ignoring the negative.

I've given up on this podcast. I've been a listener for the past 20 or so shows. Between the shit, fart, and toilet jokes to CheapyD unnecessarily repeatedly reminding listeners that he is earning a good living based on this website I've just had enough. The gaming talk is decent but I'm tired of listening to the other crap. I enjoy crude humor but most of what Cheapy pushes through on these podcast is not entertaining and in poor taste.

Site is good in spite of your podcast.

[quote name='shipwreck']I was the starting point guard for my high school and made the intramural all-star teams in college. I'm decent.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds pretty good. I'd imagine the basketball games at E3 would have some kind of mock court or some area to shoot a ball around. You should hang close to those and hustle the nuts off of some other game journalists. Maybe video tape it. It would be entertaining to watch you smash some fat sweaty balding otaku; or maybe mess up Brian Crecente's luscious locks.

[quote name='retromufc']I also said this 3 shows ago (the techtonic farts episode), you must have overlooked that while browsing my comments. That was the podcast that changed my mind about it. Its understandable you would only pull one of the two positive comments Ive posted about it while ignoring the negative.

I've given up on this podcast. I've been a listener for the past 20 or so shows. Between the shit, fart, and toilet jokes to CheapyD unnecessarily repeatedly reminding listeners that he is earning a good living based on this website I've just had enough. The gaming talk is decent but I'm tired of listening to the other crap. I enjoy crude humor but most of what Cheapy pushes through on these podcast is not entertaining and in poor taste.

Site is good in spite of your podcast.[/QUOTE]

Ok, we get your point. Wash the sand out of your vagina and exit the thread because your becoming annoying.

Your opinion is your own but we dont need to see it every episode, just stop listening if you hate it, no ones forcing you to listen

Hey Ship, I love you man. But you always seem to be more vocal about the POPULAR games that you do not like. Which tends to get annoying when you are someone (like me) who is looking forward on hearing the CAG Discussion about that particular game. Definitely say what you feel about the game ect, but if it's overly negative it would be nice to not take the majority of the time! Unless the game is critically panned by the majority... this also goes for the other two.

This is just an observation and a humble request. I still absolutely love the show!

*yes I edited this post. I went too wacko with my other comment. I'm still bitter over the Little Big Planet hate fest... grrr....*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']Of course Shipwreck doesnt like RDR, it is popular. It seems like every popular game that releases Shipwreck has to go on a rant about how much he doesnt like it and starts speaking in his angry nerd/mocking tone.

It's obviously a popular game with a lot of people that love it, so there is no need to take up the majority of the talk with Shipwrecks distaste.[/QUOTE]

I'll bite...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'm just so annoyed that Mario Galaxy 2 is going to be the best reviewed game this year and close to the best reviewed game of all time. What the hell? So when Mario Galaxy 3 comes out in 2 years we have to give that game a 101% score? It's just insane.

So many talented people (some I know personally) that work on these games coming up with new ideas and creative visions taking the medium forward. And here come the Japanese with their same uncreative ideas (that westerns view as creative) and get all the credit for making perfect games. Reviewers just get excited when there is a decent game on the Wii, so they have to go and rate it the top score.

Gah, I'm just in a ranting mood. Don't take this post too seriously.[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy, but a game's popularity has nothing to do with whether or not I am having fun with it.

I'm not just referring to your likes/dislikes and not just referring to RDR. I'm talking about whenever there is a popular game you tend to be more vocal with your dislike for it. It's totally fine not liking the games, but I was looking forward on hearing the CAG RDR impressions and it seemed like 80% of the talk was you (shipwreck) talking about how you do not like it.

And this is a common trend for you when it comes to new popular games. And my posts on these forums should not be a parallel comparison... I'm not speaking on a popular game show taking up the shows time. And about Mario Galaxy it wasnt that I did not like the games, it was more about how insanely reviewed it is in comparison to other games this year. You can read about what I'm saying in the CAGbag...

Just a word of advice, DarkNessBear. You should avoid speaking in absolutes altogether, but especially when backing up your argument with only one example.

What other popular games does shipwreck not like? So far he isn't that into RDR, ok, and...? You shouldn't expect others to recall the other super popular titles that shipwreck isn't fond of, if there are any.

As far as Mario goes...it's Mario. Same goes for all of Nintedo's classic franchises. Name others sets of games that could get away with ZERO voice acting other than grunts and such. Granted, Nintendo tends to have good music in their games, but still. Nintendo games will always receive what is a sort of handicap when they are reviewed. Cheapy brings it up some times, the whole, "Frank" theory or whatever.

This was my first CAGcast.

Call me a tight-ass but the poop jokes were really awkward and were a terrible 1st impression -- I unsubscribed.

@Gersson - Then good thing you unsubscribed. If you think that's awkward, listen to the episode P(oops)!
Cheapy tells the story of himself accidentally shitting on the floor.

Congratulations on making 200 episodes of my favorite podcast!

Here's to 200 more!

Also:
Call me a tight-ass but the poop jokes were really awkward

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I can't believe so many people get so turned off by the mere mention of taking a shit or shit itself. Wtf?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because it's tasteless and isn't funny or entertaining? "Hrr Hrr we're so original we make off topic small talk about bowel movements and how unusual it is to be jewish". Wow cutting edge and ground breaking humor. If they kept the garbage out and left the gaming talk in it would be decent.

[quote name='shipwreck']Wow, we've really gone down hill since you said this 9 episodes ago...[/QUOTE]

And it's funny because the quote shitwreck pulled was from an episode where they were trying to drum up interest by replying in the thread. I figure if I said then what I say now I definitely would have had no chance of winning. I wouldn't expect this site to give a prize to someone who was critical of the podcast.

[quote name='retromufc']Maybe because it's tasteless and isn't funny or entertaining? "Hrr Hrr we're so original we make off topic small talk about bowel movements and how unusual it is to be jewish". Wow cutting edge and ground breaking humor. If they kept the garbage out and left the gaming talk in it would be decent.

And it's funny because the quote shitwreck pulled was from an episode where they were trying to drum up interest by replying in the thread. I figure if I said then what I say now I definitely would have had no chance of winning. I wouldn't expect this site to give a prize to someone who was critical of the podcast.[/QUOTE]

why dont you not download and listen to the show anymore. then you wont have a reason to troll.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I can't believe so many people get so turned off by the mere mention of taking a shit or shit itself. Wtf?[/QUOTE]

Honestly when you think about it, it's just that it's gross. Some people can laugh at it, other seethe in disgust.

Sure poop jokes are a bit juvenile, but (he he) if you can't laugh about something everyone does on any circumstance you might want to get your funny bone (ha ha, bone) checked.

[quote name='retromufc']Maybe because it's tasteless and isn't funny or entertaining? "Hrr Hrr we're so original we make off topic small talk about bowel movements and how unusual it is to be jewish". Wow cutting edge and ground breaking humor. If they kept the garbage out and left the gaming talk in it would be decent.[/QUOTE]

poop_05-29-2003.jpg

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'm talking about whenever there is a popular game you tend to be more vocal with your dislike for it.[/QUOTE]

I don't see this at all. but what I *do* see, is that when there is a massive game out, they spend more time talking about it. It's just given more discussion time. Maybe what you are seeing is that, combined with a game or two that wasn't liked that much?

I'd rather have their honest impressions, rather than just going along with the popular view at the moment.

Also, I remember tons of love for Alan Wake the previous week.

3D Shutter Glasses + Killzone 3 = Seizures

...It's going to happen, it will probably be all over the news and I'm going to have to stay far away. Monsters vs Aliens in 3D with those damn shutter glasses gave me a headache after 5 minutes and I just imagine that there are going to be all sorts of problems with Killzone 3. I could hardly play Killzone 2 with all the flashes and bright lights. (Shooting with the snipper rifle was all sorts of bad for me)

I think second gen 3D sets might be ok (the ones that don't require the glasses), but those shutter glasses are bad news.

So I really think that Cheapy celebrated the 200 episode by traveling to Boise because I was working Saturday night and had to go clean the bathroom because someone left a log that was the size of a toddler's arm. It was so big that it was stuck above the hole and it wouldn't flush. It really made me start dry heaving.

Anyway I just wanted to thank you Cheapy for sharing your duty with me at work.

(Okay Cheapy didn't dookie in Boise, I just never thought I'd see a log like the one that was talked about a month ago or so.)

I can not believe some mod deleted my post. I responded to this troll retromufc with a picture of a huge brown turd in a shitter in spoiler tags. It was fucking hilarious, but obviously some mod wanted to exercise their authoritah. :whistle2:(

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I can not believe some mod deleted my post. I responded to this troll retromufc with a picture of a huge brown turd in a shitter in spoiler tags. It was fucking hilarious, but obviously some mod wanted to exercise their authoritah. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

It could have been on topic too. Just reference any of the poop jokes next time you put one up.

[quote name='Interfeci']It could have been on topic too. Just reference any of the poop jokes next time you put one up.[/QUOTE]

Touche!

[quote name='bickle']Yeah, here's the thing: it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Wow, with that insightful comment you made this thread really worth coming back to.

Tell me, how familiar are you with the saying, "opinions are like assholes"?

[quote name='hollitz']I don't know why, but I really want the polo-wearing wombat to do my taxes.[/QUOTE]

I would totally buy a polo shirt with an embroidered Wombat on it! Just like a Polo, but a Wombat.

Not sure if anyone else agrees, but I am quite happy that Cheapy dropped "Solid" as an expression that meant, "An interesting turn of events. I shall partake in that gaming adventure." Oy.

Congratz on the 200th ep. Awesome episode too! Amazing to see how far you've come since the first episode, was great hearing it at the end too.

First I need to applaud Wombat for his stance on the possible $150 price tag for project Shitbox. Telling Microsoft to go fuck themselves is exactly what they need to hear. In fact when Wombat is at E3 he needs to record his interviews and when any company says ludicrous things, he just needs to tell them to go fuck themselves. Sure it might burn bridges, but since when has CAG been a legitimet source for gaming news anyway?

On another note I like Shipwreck; however, he seems to go into a trance when talking about games. This is not a bad thing, but if someone who has not played the game there is no way to relate to the conversation and he can tend to go on to long. Wombat needs to cut him off more when this happens between him and Cheapy D. We get that the game is good and they like it, but we do not need every detail why they like it, just a few bullet points.

Shipwreck offers insight on games you might otherwise miss. While I enjoy the banter that takes place in the show I don't see how anyone could say that shipwreck (easily the one with the most viable input about games) should talk less. If anything Wombat should spend less time interjecting.

To each his own though.

I find it hilarious, the amount of emotion that people put into someones opinions on video games. I listen to the Cagcast every week and sometimes I don't agree and sometimes I like it less than previous weeks.

But veins don't pop out of my neck because of it......

[quote name='Davestation']
On another note I like Shipwreck; however, he seems to go into a trance when talking about games. This is not a bad thing, but if someone who has not played the game there is no way to relate to the conversation and he can tend to go on to long. Wombat needs to cut him off more when this happens between him and Cheapy D. We get that the game is good and they like it, but we do not need every detail why they like it, just a few bullet points.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Sometimes he needs to be cut off... especially when it's a game a lot of folks like and he does not. Almost like he bashes those that like it saying it so matter of factly.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Exactly. Sometimes he needs to be cut off... especially when it's a game a lot of folks like and he does not. Almost like he bashes those that like it saying it so matter of factly.[/QUOTE]

Imagine Shipwreck as a cowboy. It's a funny image. That's why he doesn't like RDR. You've gotta have at least a little bit of badass in you to pull off pretending to be a cowboy. If you can suspend disbelief/immerse yourself and imagine being in the wild west the experience is amazing. The other criticisms of the gameplay are all valid.

Hey, here's a WEIRD coincidence with the Cagcast!

Lately I've been listening to some old Cagcasts while at work, and today I listened to #100. The intro music was the remix of the Different Strokes theme and there was a discussion about Gary Coleman's Gamecube on eBay.

Now, exactly 100 Cagcasts later, Gary Coleman passes away.

Weird.

Just finally listened to this CAGCast tonight while playing WoW, and I'm glad the first Cagcast was at the end of the Podcast. :D

Great Podcast and long live CAG!

bread's done
Back