CAGcast #202: The E3 2010 Not So Limited Collector's Edition

[quote name='Tybee']To be fair, using this week's show as a barometer of CAGcast quality is kind of like flying on Sept. 11, 2001 to formulate your opinion of air travel. This was a singular disaster.

And while the show frequently strays from the topic of video games, weed is only really mentioned during E3 since that's apparently the only time Cheapy has access to it.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I'll give them another shot this week. I guess I'm just used to the Video Games Weekly podcast that's put on by a local station + Game Informer (KFAN Video Games Weekly if anybody's interested, check it out on iTunes:bouncy:)

[quote name='Tybee']Cheapy appears to be much more in awe of and respectful of celebrity in general than Wombat, probably because he not-so-secretly wishes to command that kind of awe and respect himself. Wombat seems to view famous people as just that -- people -- and treats them accordingly. Thus, actually having a conversation with Stern and jesting with Major Nelson about the "vagina clown" comment are no big deal, whereas to Cheapy such behavior is taboo. That obviously leads to some tension, especially at an event like E3 where they would regularly be coming into contact with celebrities (mostly of the Internet variety).

I tend to side with Wombat. Celebrities are just people. And in my experience, they appreciate you more and feel more respected when you treat them as such. Talk to them. Don't worship them.[/QUOTE]

you said it way better than i could which is why when they were on stern wombat represented to the fullest. btw theyve hinted at it a few times but didnt womabt do voiceovers and stuff?

I know I'm a little late to the game but wow, what a downer of a show, geez. Low blows to Wombat. I know Wombat has some quirks, who doesn't? But man, this show just went overboard on the hate and I couldn't even listen to the second half of the podcast. I have listened pretty much since the first CAGCast and this is the first time I didn't finish the episode. I see that the next CAGCast was just posted today. Hopefully Cheapy you redeemed yourself. Keep ya chin up Wombat.

Wow.. just... wow. I can forgive a lot. But this was just amazingly cruel. Never EVER do anything like this again Cheapy! A lot of parts of this episode was just painful to listen to. I've listened to the next episode and it seems like Wombat is over it now, however i don't think you should ever pull shit like that again.

I love the CAGcast and i would be sad to see it end in this way so PLEASE, be nice, be friends like we all want you three to be.

One of the main reasons I started following this show was the genuine sense of friendship and love of games that the two hosts shared. Lately it just seems like Cheapy can't resist reminding Wombat that he is too cool for him. I personally find Wombat to be the most entertaining personality on the show. I still love the site and like the podcast but it has gone from a day one listen, to what I listen to when I'm waiting for new shows to come out from the other gaming podcasts.....(player one, the bombcast....etc). For the record: I think Wombat would be a good addition to the player one podcast or the joystick podcast.....both of which have hosts that Wombat is friendly with. I would follow him there.

bread's done
Back